Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Diner in Base Game?! (Pics Inside)

Comments

• Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Career1.png[/URL]

Career2.png[/URL]

Career3.png[/URL]

Career4.png[/URL]
  • Options
    xBlackDragon7xxBlackDragon7x Posts: 173 Member
    i'd like to go to a diner in game :o
  • Options
    nanna021nanna021 Posts: 234 Member
    I don't mind not having the diner to go to. Every time I turned around in TS3, if their celebrity status was high enough, the opportunity came up that the diner wanted my sim to eat there and then go out and talk about it to other sims. I always turned it down, but then it would pop up for another sim in the house. It frustrated me beyond belief. It even kept popping up again even when I had them do it. So, no problem for me not having the diner.
    I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    I'd like to edit the diner so that it would have a couple of bedrooms and become a bed -and-breakfast place.
  • Options
    SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    nanna021 wrote: »
    I don't mind not having the diner to go to. Every time I turned around in TS3, if their celebrity status was high enough, the opportunity came up that the diner wanted my sim to eat there and then go out and talk about it to other sims. I always turned it down, but then it would pop up for another sim in the house. It frustrated me beyond belief. It even kept popping up again even when I had them do it. So, no problem for me not having the diner.

That is some PTSD right there! I think you could have turned off your celebrity status too, then people won't bug you so much.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    lol a number of folks got a disagree flag in this thread now. Including my post about the places we've seen thus far XD
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    nilanius
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »

I guess someone doesn't like the news apparently lol.

Well, you wont like this either: your siggy pic comes up a little box with an x

I see his avatar picture, Zolt65, not just an x.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    lol spewing hair :P

BwZaOANCcAAVxug.png:large
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I suspect it is a render and not in the game. Otherwise wouldn't we have heard: wow! dining, dancing! wow
    And the fact the clothes shop is not in game tends to suggest the diner and restaurant are not in also.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    250 LOLs WOOOO!

I'm so popular. ***Strikes pose****
  • Options
    ImberisImberis Posts: 99 Member
    joop123 wrote: »
    lol spewing hair :P

BwZaOANCcAAVxug.png:large

"Let me smell your hair... Blaaargh! I said smell, not taste!"
  • Options
    Mylita wrote: »
    nilanius
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »

I guess someone doesn't like the news apparently lol.

Well, you wont like this either: your siggy pic comes up a little box with an x

I see his avatar picture, Zolt65, not just an x.

Mylita

now its back...I wonder if its the forum working on the siggyes again; they had most disabled earlier today

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    nanna021nanna021 Posts: 234 Member
    Wow. I didn't expect my comment to be that badly taken. It's just a comment. My opinion. I didn't say I started throwing things or anything like that. I just said I would get frustrated. And truthfully, I didn't realize I could have turned off their celebrity status. So excuse me.
    I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
  • Options
    250 LOLs WOOOO!

I'm so popular. ***Strikes pose****

have another one! :D

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    @joop123 I noticed that but then I shook my head..nah lol.
  • Options
    Wow. I didn't expect my comment to be that badly taken. It's just a comment. My opinion. I didn't say I started throwing things or anything like that. I just said I would get frustrated. And truthfully, I didn't realize I could have turned off their celebrity status. So excuse me.

I like a diner idea, I didn't like the celebrity swarmings either

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member

I don't think anybody took it badly, the response post I see to it seems to joke with you, sympathize, and give a little tip :) Very hard to pick up on tones in text. Also, the option to turn off celebrity status came with a patch quite awhile after Late Night was released, so that may be why you missed it.
  • Options
    joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    @joop123 I noticed that but then I shook my head..nah lol.

haha :P
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• Options
    @Zolt65

Yaaaaay!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Forgive me if this is old news but check out these screen shots..They didn't show us a lot us this stuff during live mode.

http://simsvip.com/forums/threads/the-sims-4-exclusive-screenshots.200/

Diner.png

Diner2.png[/URL]

Ugh, these just show how great restaurants in TS4 could be. I really wish this whole time they've been keeping the restaurants a secret.

They DID say the downtown area we saw in backdrops was part of the base game. Unless it's another case of "things change", I really wish it's there.
  • Options
    PixieCaramel20PixieCaramel20 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited April 2015
    You saw the pictures!

I don't think these are actual locations. As they were lodged stored with other tutorial pictures.
    I think these are more likely to be tutorial pictures of the different careers.

I also found a 'Fashion' store one somewhere! ;)
    Post edited by PixieCaramel20 on
  • Options
    Honestly, these are all from one site: Peter Sims. I have never seen any other site post these. Either PeterSims has some inside track on the game or these are old , like the clothes shop that doesn't exist.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Forgive me if this is old news but check out these screen shots..They didn't show us a lot us this stuff during live mode.

Diner.png

Diner2.png[/URL]

Ugh, these just show how great restaurants in TS4 could be. I really wish this whole time they've been keeping the restaurants a secret.

They DID say the downtown area we saw in backdrops was part of the base game. Unless it's another case of "things change", I really wish it's there.

We gotta try and not expect much extracurricular for our sims in the base game, we never really get it. I think it is much more likely the restaurants are coming with the Late Night reboot - probably along with hottubs ;) From a business stand point, it makes sense to stick these highly desired things into an EP to boost appeal.
    ...I'm pretty sure an expansion pack could come out that looked rather boring, but if it had pools a majority of the community would buy it. Aaand that's how you make money lol
  • Options
    averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member

Is this for real? :o If so, why wasn't there more mention of it?? Weird...

• Options
    averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    edited September 2014
    greenXen wrote: »
    Is clothes shopping back in, too?

2en55c0.jpg

We've been told repeatedly there is no clothes shopping:

I don't understand this. Either this stuff is in the game or it isn't. EA??????????

eta; if this stuff isn't in the game, then those screenshots are very misleading.