Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Diner in Base Game?! (Pics Inside)

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Jerrello, yah, I totally get it and where you were coming from. I was just explaining why some other people clicked "disagree". Not everyone is quick on the up-take.. I wouldn't be surprised if some people read the topic title and opened it just to click disagree (without even reading your post).

Internet, full of all kinds of wacky people.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    Are you guys seriously discussing that?? Those are pictures from the job list.
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Happy to see a vibrant color for the... crib? The grey is just too 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I hope they have restaurants similar to or better than what Sims 2 had.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    @RazorXv2 Yea I'm not the biggest fan of that grey either.
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    edited September 2014
    averee90 wrote: »
    greenXen wrote: »
    Is clothes shopping back in, too?

2en55c0.jpg

We've been told repeatedly there is no clothes shopping:

I don't understand this. Either this stuff is in the game or it isn't. EA??????????

eta; if this stuff isn't in the game, then those screenshots are very misleading.

Sad to say but these won't be in the game. They are illustrations of the various jobs that your sim can get, you know where they walk to the curb and disappear for a few hours. If you have seen the videos where a sim is getting a job you will recognize quite of few of these pics.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited September 2014
    averee90 wrote: »
    greenXen wrote: »
    Is clothes shopping back in, too?

2en55c0.jpg

We've been told repeatedly there is no clothes shopping:

I don't understand this. Either this stuff is in the game or it isn't. EA??????????

eta; if this stuff isn't in the game, then those screenshots are very misleading.

Sad to say but these won't be in the game. They are illustrations of the various jobs that your sim can get, you know where they walk to the curb and disappear for a few hours. If you have seen the videos where a sim is getting a job you will recognize quite of few of these pics.

That's too bad :( I liked how we could shop for more clothes in Sims 2 and fill up our closet. Would also be even better if we could also unlock a variety of different clothing by shopping for them.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    @Moon_Willow What career is the pic with the clothes connected to?
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Jerrello wrote: »

Iirc, one of the part time jobs a teen can get is working in retail. I can't find where I saw the list of available teen jobs though to look to see if I am remembering it correctly or just dreamed it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »

Teen retail salesperson, the diner pic is teen fast food salesperson. If you watched Englishsimmer's playthrough you would recognise them. She got her teen sim to get a job and went through the jobs available. Those pics are from the dialogue box - which is why you find them in the game files.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    LongsocksLongsocks Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 2014
    These are most likely staged pictures, I really hope I am wrong though.
  • Options
    SOnet104SOnet104 Posts: 487 Member
    edited September 2014
    Jerrello wrote: »

The teen career for retail salesperson

That is where the dinner pics are from too, the fast-food job and the waitress jobs for teens
    325-sometme-she-would-stay-at-cstore-reading2.jpg?w=321
  • Options
    Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    sigh, these are not venues..
    they're images for the part time careers ( they disappear when traveling to work )
  • Options
    TeutonicTeutonic Posts: 74 Member
    They are staged pictures,especially the diner one,if it is a real diner where is the cash register then,what they did is dressed sims in career clothes (via cheats or wardrobe),and then used the call household to meal interaction.
    The restaurant one however is more convincing and may actually be true.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I think the pic of the workers at the counter is the image you see when choosing a job for your teen sims at the off-screen fast-food career. Not sure about the other one.

edited to add - note that there are no plumbobs so it does not look like live gameplay screenshots.

This ^

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited September 2014
    These are just Career photos :p Not misleading at all since they aren't posting them separately, people took them out of the game files :p

----

Guys we are already getting Nightclubs, Bars, Comedy Lounge's and a Juice Bar in The Sims 4 :p

I think it's pushing the friendship expecting restaurants, diner's and clothes stores (that aren't rabbit holes) in the base game as well :p
  • Options
    Dalenina042475Dalenina042475 Posts: 131 Member
    Those pics are from the lessons for teen career and culinary career.
  • Options
    mudmittens1mudmittens1 Posts: 431 Member
    Those pics are from the lessons for teen career and culinary career.

Yep - it looks to me like this whole group are the pictures for the 'Lessons'.

I do have to mention that I love that one of the paintings is of the Social Bunny from TS2. I sooo loved having that guy around. That really needs to be a costume in the game...

Origin ID is mudmittens