Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Diner in Base Game?! (Pics Inside)

JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
Forgive me if this is old news but check out these screen shots..They didn't show us a lot us this stuff during live mode.

http://simsvip.com/forums/threads/the-sims-4-exclusive-screenshots.200/

Diner.png

Diner2.png[/URL]

Comments

• SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    Why do you have a disagree. What is there to disagree with? But those pictures are odd, especially the one that showed an empty-ish neighborhood.
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Oooo I like
    xo0yscju
  • LaDawn35LaDawn35 Posts: 248 Member
    Why do you have a disagree. What is there to disagree with? But those pictures are odd, especially the one that showed an empty-ish neighborhood.

More then likely cuz the link is from Sims V.i.p and haters going to hate :)

eb27a170-96c2-4192-aa8f-f4a4cd1a000a.png Origin Id: QuanishaJenkins / Twitter: https://twitter.com/QuanishaJenkins

• blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    Those pictures look awesome! Somehow I feel like they reveal more than the live broadcasts did haha. Or at least make it look better
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member

I guess someone doesn't like the news apparently lol.
    Jerrello wrote: »

There seems to be a group of people that can't stand seeing anything even a little positive about the game ^_^ I'd ignore it. Thanks for the post! Again, really great pictures
    I wish we could've saw this content during those broadcasts.
  • SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    I hope that these pictures are really from the game. It shows jobs! Or that's what I think it shows.
  • gasolinebunnygasolinebunny Posts: 270 Member
    I'd say most of those pictures are staged to illustrate the Game Lessons which kind of walk you through certain parts of the game, like what we had in The Sims 3.
  • LaDawn35LaDawn35 Posts: 248 Member

TY btw nice pics and it makes the time pass :)

eb27a170-96c2-4192-aa8f-f4a4cd1a000a.png Origin Id: QuanishaJenkins / Twitter: https://twitter.com/QuanishaJenkins

• Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    edited September 2014
    I think the pic of the workers at the counter is the image you see when choosing a job for your teen sims at the off-screen fast-food career. Not sure about the other one.

edited to add - note that there are no plumbobs so it does not look like live gameplay screenshots.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member

Is clothes shopping back in, too?

2en55c0.jpg

We've been told repeatedly there is no clothes shopping:

No prob..just glad to see new content. :)
  • ImberisImberis Posts: 99 Member
    They're probably staged pictures. EA did the same thing when they posted the pictures of the girls in school uniforms, and then they finally had to come out and say that no, there are no schools you can follow your sims to. This is the same deal, I bet. :|
    I think the pic of the workers at the counter is the image you see when choosing a job for your teen sims at the off-screen fast-food career. Not sure about the other one.

But that is such a tease T_T

I'm not going to be overly depressed if there isn't an open restaurant/diner in base, because they definitely have the neighborhoods set up in a way that I'm confident they will be coming. But that picture gives me hope it will be coming earlier than expected :wink:
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    We all have disagrees that are unwarranted. I don't know why someone disagreed with this, but whatever.
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Forgive me if this is old news but check out these screen shots..They didn't show us a lot us this stuff during live mode.

No they did not. You would think they would have shown us diners and full service restaurants.
    They DID show us a bar with no NPC bartenders.
    So I don't understand why there would be NPC chefs, wait staff and counter clerks.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Yes I think this is the Diner in Oasis Landing. Good to see we get npc wait staff and an open resturent. I hope they will show this in the LB tomorrow.
    BwWzB8DCIAAnMZn.png
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited September 2014
    nilanius wrote: »

Well, you wont like this either: your siggy pic comes up a little box with an x

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • reni344reni344 Posts: 362 Member
    I love the screenshots one does look like a clothing store which I hope it is. The diner looks like it could be part of the fast food job teens can have.
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    There probably is a diner in the game. Remember we've seen so far, only that rattlesnake bar. They didn't show every single community lot. All we've seen thus far is that one bar, the park, and the gym.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Imberis wrote: »
    They're probably staged pictures. EA did the same thing when they posted the pictures of the girls in school uniforms, and then they finally had to come out and say that no, there are no schools you can follow your sims to. This is the same deal, I bet. :|

@Imberis Right. These look very staged.

@Jerrello There should be a "cafe", but it's unlikely to have proper restaurants or diners. Maxis does a lot of 'staged' photos to make the game look like more than it is.
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    Is clothes shopping back in, too?

2en55c0.jpg

We've been told repeatedly there is no clothes shopping:

No there isn't clothes shopping. EA's renders have a tendencies to completely misrepresent what's actually in the game. I remember TS3 Generations EP had a render where it was advertising boarding school, and a bunch of teen girls were in uniforms, in a chemistry lab, spilling stuff. Obviously that could never happen in the game. I don't get why EA falsely markets things.
    Considering where the pictures came from, I believe the simmer that attributed a few of them to career pictures is correct. But they're still cool ^_^