Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited September 2015
    Here is the list for the current deal and some of the upcoming deals for the next 28 hours. This list ends with Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts. The studio is a medium price deal which is 114 sp more than the least expensive deal.

Current Deal (Started at Sep/28/15 2:19 PM UTC)
    515 ) Boho Teen Lacy Top / 23 / 61 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Boho Vintage Women's Collection; September 2011 Compilation
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

516 ) The Sims Classic- Big Ol' Glory Tree Ring / 11 / 25 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Sims Classic- Welcome Back to Three Lakes Set; Killer Classics; January 2012 Compilation

517 ) Runway Riot / 518 / 1400 / 63% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 123, but less than # 340, # 631)

518 ) Aromatic Décor / 11 / 25 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Romanza Ceremony + Reception; Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire; The Monarch Suite

519 ) Theo's Contempo Coffee Table / 19 / 41 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Living Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

520 ) Food Sample Sculpture / 14 / 25 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 220)

521 ) Hogan’s Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit / 192 / 600 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: I Heart The 50’s
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 483, # 775)

522 ) Jet Set / 223 / 675 / 67% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 697)

523 ) Banana Jeff’s Wall Mirror / 19 / 75 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

Note: Before you purchase deal 524, you may wish to use the simpoints to activate the Animal Abounds Cascade instead. Wilderness Dreaming is part of Tip Top Toddler Collection and Kids! 2010 compilation which you can get free through the Animal Abounds Cascade. As posted by LadybugLeslie in her Cascade thread, buy one single item worth about 25 sp to initiate the CYS discount. She bought the Fuzzy Friend's Lamp Post (dd#293 for 7sp), then buy the Animals Abound Playground set for roughly 375 sp. Now go download the Tip Top Toddler Set (reg price 2,795 SimPoints) and Kids 2010 (reg price 4,950 SimPoints) sets for free.

524 ) Wilderness Dreaming / 156 / 360 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Best of 2010 Collection; Kids! 2010; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 829, # 814)

525 ) A Little Chilly Dress / 37 / 75 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Everyday Casual Chic; May 2011 Compilation

526 ) Potted Orchids Divine / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Asian Fusion; Best of 2010 Collection

527 ) V-ery Hip / 32 / 71 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Everyday - Hot Summer Days; June 2011 Compilation

528 ) Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts / 646 / 1710 / 62% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 183, but less than # 156)
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    @Me1620 I like the fact that you added the note for item 524 I see so many people not taking advantage of the cascades probably because they dont know about them
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    @wittanthony1 hope you got it sorted, and not too much damage. :o

Uphill both ways, in the snow, 15 miles to school, no socks in the wellies, with cardboard as an insole. :'(
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @wittanthony1 - Sorry to hear about the leaking pipes. I also hope there is not too much damage.

Thank you. Unfortunately the pipe that is leaking still isn't fixed yet. It's been leaking for over a week now and I don't know when it will get fixed. About half of the bedroom floor is now soaked with water. I've had to throw a lot of stuff away and still have a lot of stuff yet to move but I don't know where to move stuff to now. I can't move the computer back yet so I can get online again from home. ;(
  • Options

Uphill both ways, in the snow, 15 miles to school, no socks in the wellies, with cardboard as an insole. :'(
    @wittanthony1 - Sorry to hear about the leaking pipes. I also hope there is not too much damage.

Thank you. Unfortunately the pipe that is leaking still isn't fixed yet. It's been leaking for over a week now and I don't know when it will get fixed. About half of the bedroom floor is now soaked with water. I've had to throw a lot of stuff away and still have a lot of stuff yet to move but I don't know where to move stuff to now. I can't move the computer back yet so I can get online again from home. ;(

if I could get there I would help fix your pipes Im not an official plummer but know quite a bit about replacing pipes been doing it for 3 years or maybe 4 lol @wittanthony1
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options

if I could get there I would help fix your pipes Im not an official plummer but know quite a bit about replacing pipes been doing it for 3 years or maybe 4 lol @wittanthony1

Thank you @rionismyname. It would be nice to have it fixed already. It is a fine spray coming out of the pipe. I've got a pan and a plastic bag trying to catch the water right now. My dad is suppose to fix it but I don't know when. He's working on the roof right now instead.
  • Options
    @wittanthony1 is it possible to turn your water off and on just using it when you need it we had to do that at my old place for a bit till we could get the pipe we needed to fix it it was about a week to save up but as soon as we had the money we bought the pipe and fixed it right away (there I go blabbering again) any how we turned it on long enough to fill the sink and while we were filling the sink we flushed the potty filled some jugs and turned it back off showered at a friends so really the only time we had to turn it on was for dishes and if someone went number 2 lol
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    Lots of great deals coming up! Just got myself the Runway Riot set, lots of awesome CAS items.
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member

I can completely commiserate with the water damage issue. Ugg. Our pipe leaked on July 21st. We are still trying to get the bathroom finished. Insurance covered about half of the $6500 it is taking to fix everything (and we are doing the lion's share of the work). However, the new floor in the kitchen and addition look very nice. This weekend we got the floor put in the bathroom, installed the toilet, and bought a vanity. Feels like it is taking FOREVER and it is just distressing to not have things where they are supposed to be! Good luck to you - I hope they can stop the leak soon!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    @Me1620 I like the fact that you added the note for item 524 I see so many people not taking advantage of the cascades probably because they dont know about them

Thanks for the feedback.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Thanks for the feedback.

you're welcome @Me1620

can someone tell me where on my laptop is the sims store files I cant find them they saved to whatever the default place is
    Post edited by rionismyname on
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Life was different when I was younger, my brother and I used to travel all over London on the Tube. I was about 11 and he was 8. We were never frightened, although we saw some weirdos. We knew other people in the carriage would make sure we were OK. Not sure that would happen now. :'( Of course, I was 11 going on 25 ... ;)

Thought I'd posted this the other day. On well, it's a bit late ...
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    AMofOz wrote: »
    hehe yeah, it's also interesting scrolling the weekly sales page and seeing the orange check marks and it's like got that, got that, got some of that... OH I NEED THAT! lol!!
    Yes indeed!
    With every new weekly sales rotation, I see more and more orange check marks. It's a wonderful feeling!

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Hello DD Stalkers,

Here is the current deal and the upcoming deals for the next 24 hours. Just one green deal among them - Bayside Laundry at number 539. There are a few deals that only occur once in the rotation, but red and yellow deals make up the majority.

Current Deal:
    528 ) Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts / 646 / 1710 / 62% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 183, but less than # 156)

Upcoming Deals:
    529 ) Sizzle Baby Pro Deep Fryer / 275 / 542 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 849, # 795, # 376)

530 ) Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set / 655 / 897 / 27% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; One item included in Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 381, # 435)

531 ) Boho Vintage Women's Collection / 848 / 1584 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: September 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 64, # 199, # 740)

532 ) Cloud 9 Counter Island / 25 / 50 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit; I Heart the '50s

533 ) Boyfriend's Blazer / 26 / 76 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Everyday - Cool Summer Nights; July 2011 Compilation Set

534 ) Show Stopping Style- Backstage Security Pants / 25 / 47 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Show Stopping Styles; Seeing Stars

535 ) Flutterbye Wall Mirror / 29 / 61 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: Critter Comforts & Forest Bedrooms; Kids! 2010; Critter Comforts
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 53)

536 ) Full Interior Castle Set / 212 / 427 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 684, # 737, but less than # 378)

537 ) Wall of Greats / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: It's Game Time; Man Cave Compilation

538 ) Le Cirque Esprit / 759 / 1797 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Celebration!
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 717, # 131, # 324, # 57, # 624)

539 ) Bayside Laundry / 155 / 299 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Loads of Laundry
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 777)

540 ) Happily Ever After- Heroic Hair / 30 / 68 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles; Once Upon a Time Cottage; Make a Wish Compilation

a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    my neighbor says my pc problems are caused by sims 3 (she knows nothing about the game she just says its a bad game) and Im thinking if sims 3 causes such bad pc problems why is it so popular needless to say I dont believe her I wanted to get your thoughts and opinions on this
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member

can someone tell me where on my laptop is the sims store files I cant find them they saved to whatever the default place is
    my neighbor says my pc problems are caused by sims 3 (she knows nothing about the game she just says its a bad game) and Im thinking if sims 3 causes such bad pc problems why is it so popular needless to say I dont believe her I wanted to get your thoughts and opinions on this

I have a mid-range PC and haven't had any problems with all my EP's and Stuff packs etc. Admittedly I don't go in for any custom content or mods, the first and last time I tried to use them my game glitched up and my witchy girl could no longer spellcast, do alchemy or sell or anything and her daughter wouldn't age up, so had to delete the CC and Mods and start my game again. Now I'm just play a clean game and it's been great.

I THINK you can find the store items under 'Documents' in windows, then click 'Electronic Arts' and 'The Sims 3' now from there I am not sure, so hopefully bumping this gives you an answer. I want to say 'DC Cache' or 'DC Backup' = but don't quote me on that!

SOS to anyone who might be able to help Rion!
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @AMofOz thanks I dont use cc or mods either that stuff scares me lol I did find out about the store stuff so thanks :):):)
    edited to add or mods
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @rionismyname and @AMofOz I play a clean game, only Store content, my laptop is pretty good (3 years old) and as long as I keep the Sims3 caches clean and do normal maintenance on the laptop, my game plays great. Only problem I have is not having enough playing time. B)

Rion, here is the link I was looking for, entitled 'Where Are My User Files?'; http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html Sounds like you don't need it now, but it might help others. :)
    Post edited by mothersuperior2 on
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    Letchy15Letchy15 Posts: 530 Member
    @rionismyname

I play on a three-ish year old laptop, and I have the sims 3 and the sims 4. I don't have any packs for 4, but for 3 I have pets, showtime and seasons, and my laptop plays fine. If your computer isn't working, how old is it? Maybe there's a virus or something. Don't be afraid to try out cc or mods, but definitely don't do right now if your computer isn't working. You can always find a computery person human being who might be able to fix it somehow. I had to do that a few months ago, and it sorted mine out completely.
    Then for your folders, it should be in your documents, however if your computer is like my laptop, maybe you have two document folders. I had to search for a long time before I found the second one, but in it was where the 'Electronic Arts' folder was, and then everything from any sims game (I think) should be on there.
    Good luck :smile:
  • Options
    @wittanthony1 is it possible to turn your water off and on just using it when you need it we had to do that at my old place for a bit till we could get the pipe we needed to fix it it was about a week to save up but as soon as we had the money we bought the pipe and fixed it right away (there I go blabbering again) any how we turned it on long enough to fill the sink and while we were filling the sink we flushed the potty filled some jugs and turned it back off showered at a friends so really the only time we had to turn it on was for dishes and if someone went number 2 lol

The water is turned off now. I'm now trying to dry things out so the pipe can get fixed.
  • Options
    Good Day to you all (or night, depending upon where in the world you are),

Here are the current and the upcoming deals for the next 24 hours. Regency Arcade (# 542), Chun Co. Teppenyaki Grill (# 546) and Farm Fresh Folk Set (# 552) all come in at their best prices at this point in the rotation. The Finest Living, Finest Cooking compilation makes its only appearance on the rotation at # 543. There are also a few other once-on-the-rotation individual items that are parts of other sets - Kingdom of Cambodia, Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes, and Mid-Century Modern Bedroom to be precise. Happy Shopping!

Current Deal:
    540 ) Happily Ever After- Heroic Hair / 30 / 68 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles; Once Upon a Time Cottage; Make a Wish Compilation

Upcoming Deals:
    541 ) Zen Again / 485 / 842 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 52, # 928, # 811, # 868)

542 ) Regency Arcade / 629 / 1683 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 494, # 484)

543 ) Finest Living, Finest Cooking / 1218 / 1983 / 39% / 2 hours
    Part of: December 2011 Compilation Set
    Includes: Japanese Inspired Living Compilation, Japanese Inspired Clothing Collection, Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels

544 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom- Bou Sra Waterfall Shower / 40 / 62 / 35% / 2 hours
    Part of: Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection; May 2012 Compilation Set

545 ) Falling Leaves Mobile / 15 / 25 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes; January 2013 Compilation

546 ) Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill / 150 / 552 / 73% / 2 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 149, # 579, # 497, # 160)

547 ) Mid-Century Modern Bedroom- Keen Klothes Keeper / 27 / 61 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Bedroom Collection; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; Blast From the Past Compilation; When Worlds Collide Collection; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set

548 ) Rim Rockin’ Basketball Hoop / 165 / 593 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Level Up Collection; Man Cave Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 31, but less than # 462)

549 ) Contemporary Comfort Bedroom / 216 / 475 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: June 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 916, but less than # 959)

550 ) The Jazz Age Wear / 686 / 1029 / 33% / 2 hours
    Part of: Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 750, but less than # 695)

551 ) A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set / 588 / 1250 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: When Worlds Collide Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 689, # 576, # 424)

552 ) Farm Fresh Folk Set / 448 / 1540 / 71% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 224, # 289)

• Options
    @rionismyname and @AMofOz I play a clean game, only Store content, my laptop is pretty good (3 years old) and as long as I keep the Sims3 caches clean and do normal maintenance on the laptop, my game plays great. Only problem I have is not having enough playing time. B)

Rion, here is the link I was looking for, entitled 'Where Are My User Files?'; http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html Sounds like you don't need it now, but it might help others. :)
    @mothersuperior2 how do I clean the cache? and thank you also my pc works good playing the game considering its age its about 9 years old lol the problems are when Im not playing sims so Im like 99.999% positive it isnt sims causing my problem she just wont listen to reason and insist to the point of fighting that its my sims

Letchy15 wrote: »
    @rionismyname

I play on a three-ish year old laptop, and I have the sims 3 and the sims 4. I don't have any packs for 4, but for 3 I have pets, showtime and seasons, and my laptop plays fine. If your computer isn't working, how old is it? Maybe there's a virus or something. Don't be afraid to try out cc or mods, but definitely don't do right now if your computer isn't working. You can always find a computery person human being who might be able to fix it somehow. I had to do that a few months ago, and it sorted mine out completely.
    Then for your folders, it should be in your documents, however if your computer is like my laptop, maybe you have two document folders. I had to search for a long time before I found the second one, but in it was where the 'Electronic Arts' folder was, and then everything from any sims game (I think) should be on there.
    Good luck :smile:

thank you @Letchy15 @ciane @mothersuperior2 @Jemlia and a lil @AlphaFen have helped me to find the files I needed

The water is turned off now. I'm now trying to dry things out so the pipe can get fixed.

@wittanthony1 oh thats good drying things out is a pain. how bad is the floor any damage?
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @rionismyname - I think the default location for the cache files is Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 3. Highlight and delete the files that have Cache.package at the end of them, like CASPartCache.package. The computer will recreate them the next time you load your game, so it is ok to delete them. Sometimes my game takes a little longer to open after I've done that, but then the game runs smoother overall with fewer errors.

The folders that are marked cache (such as IGAcache and DCCache) just leave alone. It's just the individual Cache.package files in The Sims 3 folder that should be deleted.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    @rionismyname, if you haven't already done it, there's a list in my blog next time you're on MyPage. B)

I'm sure someone here will know the answer to my question. In my signature, I'd like the HOW to be in red. Can anyone tell me HOW to do it please?!!! :#
    Post edited by mothersuperior2 on

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    trithone wrote: »
    @rionismyname - I think the default location for the cache files is Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 3. Highlight and delete the files that have Cache.package at the end of them, like CASPartCache.package. The computer will recreate them the next time you load your game, so it is ok to delete them. Sometimes my game takes a little longer to open after I've done that, but then the game runs smoother overall with fewer errors.

The folders that are marked cache (such as IGAcache and DCCache) just leave alone. It's just the individual Cache.package files in The Sims 3 folder that should be deleted.

thank you @trithone
    @rionismyname, if you haven't already done it, there's a list in my blog next time you're on MyPage. B)

I'm sure someone here will know the answer to my question. In my signature, I'd like the HOW to be in red. Can anyone tell me HOW to do it please?!!! :#

I'll check that out @mothersuperior2
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited October 2015
    Hi @mothersuperior2, I did respond in the Cascade thread but you might not have got the notification.

So, assuming that this is reasonably accurate and helpful ...

In normal posts you can use the tags:

[color=name_of_colour]
    [size=size_number]

Each needs ending with the usual [/color] and [/size] as appropriate. For example:
    [color=brown][size=7][b]A Big Brown Heading[/b][/size][/color]

will create...

A Big Brown Heading

And they work in signatures too! :)
    Post edited by ajaxpost on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top