Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    calents wrote: »
    @Creeqiz Yeah, it's called taste aversion in psychology. A similar thing happens if you get really bad food poisoning. Your body blames whatever the strongest flavor was for the nausea (this is why I can't eat eggs). So the idea for chemotherapy patients is in order to keep them from hating all food, you instead give the body one specific thing to react negatively to, that way the food in question gets blamed instead, letting you maintain a normal-ish diet during and after.
    So the question for discussion is what if you had chocolate after each chemo? Will the love of chocolate overcome the chemo "ick" factor, or will you kick the chocolate craving?
    When I had chemo (breast cancer, 15+ years ago, all fine now) there was no "eating after", the first time I was throwing up almost before we got to the car, then later had to take gravol to keep down expensive medicine that was supposed to stop me from throwing up. Each chemo is a different mix of chemicals for each cancer, and body reacts differently. If patient feels well enough, make sure they have stuff to do that fits their attention span - watch TV, play video games, read, rent movies (so you can back up when you fall asleep). Do they Sim?
    Unfortunately alcohol is bad. But with all the other drugs in your system, a little goes a long way. But laughter is the best medicine, and having others help sounds wonderful.
    I think for me the caffeine withdrawal right after chemo (cause I couldn't even keep that down) was worse than the other side effects.

I think in cases like that, the patient is supposed to eat whatever the averted food is to be before. I was lucky in that my own brush with cancer was caught early enough they were able to remove the tumor entirely and I didn't have to have chemo, although I have to be tested frequently in case it comes back. As for the chocolate, I'm not sure. That would be a terrible food to loose...
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • Options
    p-para-Xylenep-para-Xylene Posts: 230 Member
    calents wrote: »
    I think in cases like that, the patient is supposed to eat whatever the averted food is to be before. I was lucky in that my own brush with cancer was caught early enough they were able to remove the tumor entirely and I didn't have to have chemo, although I have to be tested frequently in case it comes back. As for the chocolate, I'm not sure. That would be a terrible food to loose...
    Ahhh, before. That would be workable.
    But if you were able to quit chocolate, think of the calories you would never get.?!?

@JennaIsGhost congrats on the job!
    Don't tell as all the details of fast food behind the scenes, I've heard that if you know too much you don't want to eat at that restaurant any more.
    Wish list free since 2015-02-23
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    @scillakees, thanks for the Double Knit Sweater. Hopefully Fifth Ave. Fashions be drop down soon. ;) I just wished Wednesday is here. I want to see Fifth Ave. Fashion back on sale again.
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    @JennaIsGhost congrats on the job!
    Don't tell as all the details of fast food behind the scenes, I've heard that if you know too much you don't want to eat at that restaurant any more.
    Thank you!
    I've heard that too. Thank goodness I don't eat much McDonald's anymore so I won't have to get sick of it. Haha!
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @JennaIsGhost you're welcome for the gift
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    NicknellFamilyNicknellFamily Posts: 57 Member
    edited March 2015
    I just picked up a the T-Shirt Over Tank. I'm too tired to wait around for my MMAO. Next up is Everyday Teens. Its at 745cys for me...and a little lower through the compilation. Maybe with some luck it will be on Sale.
    Thank you all for helping me to "Own the Store"! It was a great adventure.
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    @JennaIsGhost, how awesome! Congratulations on your job ─ I'm so proud of you! As your younger twin sister (makes perfect sense, right?), do I get free Happy Meals? I'm quite fond of those toys and don't even get me started on the McD's milkshakes!
    Thank you big sister! :D
    And heck yeah you do! :D All of the happy meals and toys! :p
    Also, I found d out recently that Aussie McDonald's have frozen fanta and frozen coke. I was all like "whaaaaat?!?!" Hahaha.
    Wait, you DON'T have frozen Fanta and Coke?! I'm going to have to test this on the boyfriend now! :tongue:
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    @JennaIsGhost, how awesome! Congratulations on your job ─ I'm so proud of you! As your younger twin sister (makes perfect sense, right?), do I get free Happy Meals? I'm quite fond of those toys and don't even get me started on the McD's milkshakes!
    Also, I found d out recently that Aussie McDonald's have frozen fanta and frozen coke. I was all like "whaaaaat?!?!" Hahaha.
    Wait, you DON'T have frozen Fanta and Coke?! I'm going to have to test this on the boyfriend now! :tongue:
    At least not in my area we don't! I was confused on why we can't have awesome things like that! Lol!! :p
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    At least not in my area we don't! I was confused on why we can't have awesome things like that! Lol!! :p
    If you're confused about that, don't even start on Tim Tams! They're a chocolate cookie-like food and there's nothing even slightly comparable in the US! Whenever my boyfriend has left Australia or I've flown over to visit him, we've always bought CARRY CASES full of them (as in they actually sell carry cases with six double-packs). I'm actually a bit worried about how fat he might get when he finally can eat them as many as he wants. He's a total Tim Tam addict! ;)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    If you're confused about that, don't even start on Tim Tams! They're a chocolate cookie-like food and there's nothing even slightly comparable in the US! Whenever my boyfriend has left Australia or I've flown over to visit him, we've always bought CARRY CASES full of them (as in they actually sell carry cases with six double-packs). I'm actually a bit worried about how fat he might get when he finally can eat them as many as he wants. He's a total Tim Tam addict! ;)
    Lol and they just keep bring out new flavours of Tim Tams.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    Haha, yes! Have you tried the peanut butter ones? I want to buy them for my boyfriend for Easter since he loves peanut butter too, but I'm afraid they'll be absolutely terrible! I wouldn't want to ruin his taste for Tim Tams through a bad peanut butter experience. :tongue:
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    Haha, yes! Have you tried the peanut butter ones? I want to buy them for my boyfriend for Easter since he loves peanut butter too, but I'm afraid they'll be absolutely terrible! I wouldn't want to ruin his taste for Tim Tams through a bad peanut butter experience. :tongue:
    I haven't tried the peanut butter ones, have tried most of the other flavours though, maybe buy a pack and try them yourself first before he gets here and if they're good buy more.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    @ajaxpost, thanks for the feedback on the PDF! I've been trying to figure out your question about checking the 'status' of the check boxes, rather than the change being initiated by the action of clicking, and I really can't seem to find a solution ─ that was my original plan, but it's proved to be a real pain in the you-know-what.

The way it works is that you can assign an 'action' to a check box (in this case to run my nifty little JavaScript that tells each box in the set to be checked) based on one of only SIX triggers: Mouse Up (clicking), Mouse Down (letting go of a mouse click), Mouse Enter (hovering on the box), Mouse Exit (moving your mouse away from hovering over the box) and two others that I can't work out but don't seem to help (On Focus and On Blur). I originally tried combining Mouse Up and Mouse Down, but that Mouse Down is very odd in the way it works; then I tried to combine Mouse Up and a second case of Mouse Up (so that first click would active the check boxes and the second would remove the ticks), but that just did not want to work either.

I'm definitely going to keep this in mind and will keep searching for a solution, but I can't find anything in the properties of the check box that changes when its ticked vs unticked (although clearly something is different, somewhere). I do really appreciate your feedback though and I understand that these little boxes aren't quite intuitive or ideal. But, till I figure something out, you're just gonna be stuck with 'em the way they are. ;)

I also really wanted to quote this part, because it made me feel very special and really brightened up my day:
    And, as @simgeek79 said, you definitely deserve some OE credit for the time, energy, and creativity that you've put into this project.
    :blush:

You guys are all just too wonderful! It really is a great feeling to be so appreciated here; this project was always first and foremost for myself, but it's so sweet to have my work recognised. No wonder I get so hooked on this community! Y'all (taken from Sandi's book right there) are too kind!
    You are most welcome, and deserving of the recognition

I was certain you had already explored all the issues with the PDF checkboxes, but wanted to put it out there if only to show that I had taken a proper look at the demo document :)

Yeah, the 'status' must be there somewhere, it is a "static" document after all, but I imagine Adobe have hidden it deep and even if you can find it, would it be accessible through the JavaScript? From my experience of simple HTML and JavaScript there are plenty of gotchas in the way they interact so I reckon this is already a great result. :star:

• Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    To all those who have dealt with cancer or had to cope with a family member or friend suffering I am so sorry. Your friend is in my thoughts @Ladybugleslie

@Lanlyn Have a nice trip <3
    @Pugslover4 Oh no! *hugs* be brave!

@fozenorangejuic :star: Own that store :star: That means you have all the items for the worst outfit I made Tasha OJ right? :p She can totally rock that look B)
    @JennalsGhost Amazing! Well done!

I am about to go through another DD missing period soon :'( So I've been busy training my monkey/brother :worried: At the moment we're on Lesson One: Why Buying An Expired Deal Is Bad. As you can see my hopes for success are super high :unamused:

Only two more days of training to go! I just don't have enough time :weary:
  • Options
    Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    To all those who have dealt with cancer or had to cope with a family member or friend suffering I am so sorry. Your friend is in my thoughts @Ladybugleslie

@fozenorangejuic :star: Own that store :star: That means you have all the items for the worst outfit I made Tasha OJ right? :p She can totally rock that look B)

I am about to go through another DD missing period soon :'( So I've been busy training my monkey/brother :worried: At the moment we're on Lesson One: Why Buying An Expired Deal Is Bad. As you can see my hopes for success are super high :unamused:

*snorts* Dare I ask WHY you are trying to train a man that is related to you?
  • Options
    stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    Hello, @scillakees thank you for the door from Villa Paraiso, it was a biggy and knocked the set's CYS way down, I couldn't resist it after that, thank you :smiley:

I didn't know (or simply hadn't acknowledged it) about that with the taste after particularly nauceous experiences, although it would explain my aversion to vodka. It does show something that's good about this community, the care, and support.
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
  • Options
    Hello, @scillakees thank you for the door from Villa Paraiso, it was a biggy and knocked the set's CYS way down, I couldn't resist it after that, thank you :smiley:

I didn't know (or simply hadn't acknowledged it) about that with the taste after particularly nauceous experiences, although it would explain my aversion to vodka. It does show something that's good about this community, the care, and support.

I got an aversion to alcohol period after I tried one of my mom's shell-shaped chocolates as a kid. And I can't stand the stench of smoke so no on that front too. I have an addiction to sugar and while I wouldn't mind some chocolate a bit more often than what it currently is I'd actually prefer fruit! The best sweets come from nature, 'specially when fried up a bit to kill the acidity.....*drools*
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    Cynth220 wrote: »

Because just like Obi Wan Kanobi he is my only hope! But the stakes are so much higher then the fate of the galaxy :weary:

I am so plummed :bawling:

@Cynth220 By the way do you think he is useless because he's a man or because he's related to me? If it's the second I totally understand but shhh don't tell anyone :flushed:;)

@everyonewhoclickedLOLonmylastpost :o That's what I get for sharing my problems with you people!? Take this issue seriously!! :anguished::p
  • Options
    JaceighJaceigh Posts: 808 Member

The same could be said of bourbon for me. After my 21st birthday festivities, I could barely stand the smell, let alone imbibe it..and it's been over 15 years. I'm allergic to vodka and various others, so I've never been much of a drinker anyway. :blush:
    Happy Simming & Green Downloads! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    Cynth220 wrote: »

Because just like Obi Wan Kanobi he is my only hope! But the stakes are so much higher then the fate of the galaxy :weary:

I am so plummed :bawling:

@Cynth220 By the way do you think he is useless because he's a man or because he's related to me? If it's the second I totally understand but shhh don't tell anyone :flushed:;)

@everyonewhoclickedLOLonmylastpost :o That's what I get for sharing my problems with you people!? Take this issue seriously!! :anguished::p

@AlphaFen 1: I was one of those people because it reminded me of a story from Jeff Foxworthy about his wife training him. 2: *giggles* Not saying he's useless, just saying that training him to DD Hunt isn't gonna end up as you hope. (Read: Or as I once read in a Naruto fanfiction....if it's got a 1/2 a chance to work everything will go pear-shaped, not the exact lines but the gist is there.)
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member

:blush: I thought yesterday was the 24th and today 25th. Turn out tomorrow is 25th (Mountain Time) I go see dentist. Don't know why I skip a day. LOL! :flushed:

9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    Rrriot_KittyRrriot_Kitty Posts: 167 Member
    Oh no! I just missed the Farm Fresh Folk set! Oh my rotten luck! :s
    Haha, gah.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Thanks so much for all the prayers and warm wishes from y'all. I'm lurking out here and just want to say that I got my giggles in this morning. Thank you @alphafan and all her cohorts. I'm a member of the @everyonewhoclickedLOLonmylastpost group. I could loan you Tim cause he actually knows how to buy dd stuff. :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Grace1974P wrote: »
    Oh no! I just missed the Farm Fresh Folk set! Oh my rotten luck! :s
    Haha, gah.
    Sorry you missed it but don't worry it'll be back.
    289 (most expensive, 798 points) at 7:19pm on the 29th of March UTC time.
    552 (cheapest, 448 points) at 10:19pm on the 20th of April UTC time.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    I clicked lol because the thought of teaching someone to get deals the way we do (being on at the right time, setting alarms ect) seemed funny.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top