The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why in my ~OPINION~ The Sims 4 doesn't suck.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    [img]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/meme/3GJG6/i-just-came-here-to-read-the-comments/image.png?w=420&c=1[/img]
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    I can honestly understand why some are not happy with the game and why there is a lot of anger towards it, they left out some things that are very important to a lot of peoples play style and that's a pretty big deal. While I don't care for toddlers and pools were nothing more then a landscaping thing for me, it's a pretty big thing to people and until those things come back along with a long list of other things I'm sure the people unhappy with the base game will not buy it and it is completely understandable and warranted.

Now for me, I don't care about toddlers or pools, I also play single sims at the YA life stage. I very rarely had toddlers or children in my game and if I made anything younger then YA or A sims it was teens and I'd make them to grow up with one another in a neighborhood so they could all start YA life stage together after a few sim years of high school. I turned off aging in my game and did it manually for transitions. The Sims 4 is for the most part my play style. I like to make sims, have them work, date and hang out with friends, that's just what I enjoy. I have some serious relationships but it doesn't move to marriage very often because I only like playing one sim at a time. The Sims 4 is something that I will probably enjoy due to the play style being geared more towards a player like me(as far as we know at this point.) I DO understand the animosity though and for the sake of all the people that are unhappy I really hope they bring a lot of those things on "the list" back into the game. I want everyone that has played and enjoyed the sims for as long as I have or even not as long to get what they want out of the game and it's important to the future of the game because you can't make ep's if the game isn't selling as well as it should.

My biggest complaint with the base game is that University was not in it. Waiting to send my sims to University kind of kills immersion and I really hate sending sims back to school after they've already been in their career for a long time, it just doesn't make sense to me and I feel like I have to start all over to make my game feel more realistic.
  • Options
    DasakalaDasakala Posts: 126 Member
    Vagenius wrote: »
    I can honestly understand why some are not happy with the game and why there is a lot of anger towards it, they left out some things that are very important to a lot of peoples play style and that's a pretty big deal. While I don't care for toddlers and pools were nothing more then a landscaping thing for me, it's a pretty big thing to people and until those things come back along with a long list of other things I'm sure the people unhappy with the base game will not buy it and it is completely understandable and warranted.

Now for me, I don't care about toddlers or pools, I also play single sims at the YA life stage. I very rarely had toddlers or children in my game and if I made anything younger then YA or A sims it was teens and I'd make them to grow up with one another in a neighborhood so they could all start YA life stage together after a few sim years of high school. I turned off aging in my game and did it manually for transitions. The Sims 4 is for the most part my play style. I like to make sims, have them work, date and hang out with friends, that's just what I enjoy. I have some serious relationships but it doesn't move to marriage very often because I only like playing one sim at a time. The Sims 4 is something that I will probably enjoy due to the play style being geared more towards a player like me(as far as we know at this point.) I DO understand the animosity though and for the sake of all the people that are unhappy I really hope they bring a lot of those things on "the list" back into the game. I want everyone that has played and enjoyed the sims for as long as I have or even not as long to get what they want out of the game and it's important to the future of the game because you can't make ep's if the game isn't selling as well as it should.

My biggest complaint with the base game is that University was not in it. Waiting to send my sims to University kind of kills immersion and I really hate sending sims back to school after they've already been in their career for a long time, it just doesn't make sense to me and I feel like I have to start all over to make my game feel more realistic.
    I used to do exactly tha same before I stopped using cheats, reminds me sort of the PS2 version of TS2, aaaah good ol' memories.

It's just like boiling a frog! If you try to throw a frog in a warm pot it'll hop right out! But if you put it in mild water and warm it up slowly, the frog won't understand what's happening until it is too late!
  • Options
    AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    edited August 2014
    Just a fun little tid-bit about TS4:
    24 hours ago TS4 CAS Demo reached 1,000,000 households! :D The Game is not even released yet!
    BvzoUN6CEAA3TS7.png:small
    Well, technically, more... Keanu R. on Twitter posted that. [url=] codes aren't working for me today: [/url] That's kinda different to what everyone else was commenting, but I just thought it'd be fun if I shared this. :)
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    AM35502 wrote: »
    24 hours ago TS4 CAS Demo reached 1,000,000 households! :D The Game is not even released yet!
    Well, technically, more... Keanu R. on Twitter posted that. [url=] codes aren't working for me today:
    That's kinda different to what everyone else was commenting, but I just thought it'd be fun if I shared this. :) [/url]

Me thinks that's because the demo is free!

2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    katwastakenkatwastaken Posts: 410 Member
    I don't think it sucks either. WOOO SIMS 4!!! Can't wait this week is going to be the longest week ever. Tuesday.. why you so far away?!
    Origin ID: katwastaken

tumblr_msxcldE8D71s596ako1_250.gif
  • Options
    AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    dark5id3 wrote: »
    Well, technically, more... Keanu R. on Twitter posted that. [url=] codes aren't working for me today:
    That's kinda different to what everyone else was commenting, but I just thought it'd be fun if I shared this. :) [/url]

...True... ;)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    Vagenius wrote: »

Thanks, that was beautiful. I agree with the you about the Uni situation. I mean they have YAs in the game why not at least an off world college? That doesn't make sence to me. They could have done at least something with which degrees are offered and a jump up on careers they wanted, if in the base game. But it's a cash cow for them, so it's going to be an EP, I guess.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    dark5id3 wrote: »

Yes, and imagine how many will be in gallery when they add the other life stages. Many have started to notice their Sims are being removed.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    It's funny how everybody is trying to defend this 'amazing' (Totally awful) Sims game with referring to everything it offers in place of what it removes.

You wouldn't treat a phone or a computer or console like this, why a game? It removes every last feature the previous game had in it. You wouldn't by a phone with the world's most amazing call quality / camera, but with no internet features because some people don't get WiFi anyway. People wouldn't defend it and say, "Well it has really good call quality and service!?" So? It doesn't have all the internet features.

The Sims 4 is NOT a good game. All of the previous Sims games have built off of every last feature the game added in as a base for a newer game.

Sims 1 -> Sims 2; Sims themselves + Life stages, leaving the home lot, etc.,

Sims 2 -> Sims 3: Sims, Aging, life stages, leaving home, gardening, cars, etc., + 100% open world, customizing 95% of anything to your desire, more alive sims (Sims 2 sims were dead and boring) a more prominent young adult life stage, changing life stage length, turning it off, etc.

Sims 3 -> Sims 4: Uhm... Adjusting age / turning it off? Young adults? + Emotions? (Life stage removed from TS2/3, entire life stage turned into object)

Sims 4 carries almost nothing from the previous game whereas the last have BUILT OFF the previous game. Buying this game means that the team can remove whatever they want for the game and it will still be a cash cow as long as it has "SIMS" plastered somewhere on the logo. Heck, they could even remove control of the sims and you people would still buy it.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    Dasakala wrote: »
    Let's face it TS4 has been getting A LOT of hatred. And honestly I cannot figure out why. I'm pretty sure we all know "the list" but thing is that not even 20 things on that list were listed in the TS3 base game.
    What are you smoking?!?

I appreciate all these opinions on the list, but as I have said plenty of times now if you have an issue with the list post it on the thread there (preferable) or send me a PM. This list was fact checked by dozens of individuals, and while there are plenty of things that were from TS2, there are a great deal more than 20 things that were present in TS3 and cut.

"In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    But look at the CAS they're giving us. It's amazing, so is building houses.
    Few people are complaining about these features, its the game that were upset about.
    The facts are real, not everyone has a 9K$ worth Alienware to play TS3 with no lag at all.
    My Alienware didn't even cost $1500?!?!? I can't imagine one that racks up $9k. And honestly, I got it for other games.

My Alienware plays The Sims 3 just as good as my custom built PC from 4 years ago. Now will the game run well on a budget laptop... no! But it shouldn't have too. That's not the point of a budget laptop!!!

"In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    What constitutes a good Sims game would encompass all play styles, not cater to only a group of play styles that wasn't interested in anything other than YA/Adults. I always got the feeling that EA want to cut out the different ages to allow for more online gameplay but this series is just nudges me out more after Sims 3. Great for you that EA caters to your type of game and boo on me because I am told to accept or get out.

That hurts for now, but it is getting easier by the day to leave EA out my pockets. Hey, it's a new day so I have to get it out and I get it but I am getting sick of reading others post with a point and laugh vibe, kind of feels personal, yeah it does make one lash out. But not me, I'm cool. :)
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I'm so tired of people who say "You can't hate it because you haven't played it" yet have no problem with saying "I love it even though I haven't played it." Either both are possible or neither are possible.

What I've seen of TS4, the included features and the staged, clippy, boring (to me) gameplay videos, do not appeal to my playstyle at all. I think it looks like The Sims 1.5.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I also turn off aging, and age them when I want them to. It's more than just YA to me, I like to play the teens and adults as well. My main family has pool parties every weekend so I use pools a lot. Gavin has to keep up his position in town so he invites all the important people over. The adult stage is when you've made it in life, and now you have the big mansion, car, and everything you want. I think the adults are fun to play.
  • Options
    DasakalaDasakala Posts: 126 Member
    Of course I'm not saying anyone should "love" or "hate" the game. But I really remember as a fact when the first TS3 EP's were coming out youtubing their trailers and seeing comments such as "TS3 sucks, TS2 4ever" and etc. I won't deny that TS2 has in a way, but not generally, been thus far the best Sims game. It has. But really, just because TS4 is missing even 80 or how many they are anyways features, doesn't mean people should flame it as hard as they do. There's nothing wrong with saying you don't like it, of course not, but when I see people on youtube swearing on people that said they liked it, saying stuff like "How much EA pays you to say good words about this horrible game you dumbf*** kid" and a lot more, I fail to see why. Don't like the game? Ignore it. Don't try it out, nobody's forcing you to even look at it. I don't like not having cars, swimming is one of my favourite things in real life and I hate losing it in Sims where I build my dream life, cars will be missed a lot as well, will be torturous having to walk everywhere, and I think landscaping was stripped away which I also regret. It's not like I "oversee" the bad things. I'm well aware that they are there. I just really rather being positive. Wait for some LP's and if you do not like the gameplay generally, skip the game. There's simply no need to spit out such hatred towards the game and people that like it.
    It's just like boiling a frog! If you try to throw a frog in a warm pot it'll hop right out! But if you put it in mild water and warm it up slowly, the frog won't understand what's happening until it is too late!