Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There Is Nothing Missing From The Sims Four

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    @Rflong7, nooo, I am already hungry. Why would you do this to me! :scream:
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    pattyheartpattyheart Posts: 284 Member
    Now that the Sims2 Ultimate Collection has finished downloading on my new pc it is time to put the kettle on for tea to go with my slice of strawberry cake drizzled with chocolate sauce. After I have tasted the cake I will be qualified to write a review on it.....
    My Origin ID is PattyHeart <3 Find me at Twitter as animatedword <3
  • Options
    BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
    Boy do I hate posts like this. All they do is give the people that are complaining another excuse to repeat their complaints. Or maybe thats what the OP's intent was? And is it a sequel or a reboot. Should it be titled something different or not. Who cares? When it's all said and done, whatever it's called it still is lacking the features it always has been lacking. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
  • Options
    RayIVRayIV Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > Most people aren't talking about what was in the older games that need to be in the new one. My point of view, as I only can speak for myself, is that EA did say this would be in it and that would be in it and yet... one at a time these items were cut.
    >
    > The amount I will pay for this game has been cut to 50%.

If you remember from the Sims 2 EA said there would be drivable cars, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 happens, and it didn't end up in the game until a few expansion packs later.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    RayIV wrote: »
    > @Rflong7 said:<br />
    > Most people aren't talking about what was in the older games that need to be in the new one. My point of view, as I only can speak for myself, is that EA did say this would be in it and that would be in it and yet... one at a time these items were cut.<br />
    > <br />
    > The amount I will pay for this game has been cut to 50%.<br />
    <br />
    If you remember from the Sims 2 EA said there would be drivable cars, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 happens, and it didn't end up in the game until a few expansion packs later.

Actually, no. I wasn't part of the Sims site. I only went by the video in MM- which lead me to really not like TS2 base game- it was boring. :(
  • Options
    RayIVRayIV Posts: 4 New Member
    Well my point is, stuff like that happens all the time in the gaming industry, it's not unique to the Sims 4, so just enjoy it for what it is, it's a video game.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    pattyheart wrote: »
    In the clear light of reality the Sims Four will upon its release be whole and intact. It is in fact a new game unique unto itself. The Sims Four is not The Sims 1, 2 or 3. It is The Sims 4 - a brand new individual in the Sims series with its own unique personality. Now, if after you install the game on your computer you go in under the hood and take something out..well..then something will be missing, :D
    Sims 4 is not a technological breakthrough, it is a mixture of old and new. EA/Maxis diverted from advancing Sims 4 because most people playing on low end computers could not keep up with what Sims 3 was offering and even though some areas such as better interactions was lacking it was not a problem that could have been addressed by expanding on it in a later version. EA/Maxis chose to lessen the features and chose to implement features that is less demanding on the processor and the GPU. However, that will remain to be seen when Sims 4 releases and the EPs start rolling if there will be any. It is a bold move and the gamble will be high and we will see if it pays off after 2nd Sep 201 it is going to be interesting. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yep... A video game... do you know how many video games I already have that, while look like the most fabulous and entertaining games ever. are just games that bored me?

It is depressing to see The Sims go down that road.

But yes, it's a game. I hope you all have the most fun Efar playing. Some games aren't for everyone, I will wait for the cheap to enjoy this one. (*)

• Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Im glad you are seeing it in a good way, I agree to some extent but all I habe to say that maybe imwont use the word "missing". But imreally think, the basics that were introduced in the last games that everyone loved should have really been continued on such as toddlers, CASt and whatnot
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    In the clear light of reality the Sims Four will upon its release be whole and intact. It is in fact a new game unique unto itself. The Sims Four is not The Sims 1, 2 or 3. It is The Sims 4 - a brand new individual in the Sims series with its own unique personality. Now, if after you install the game on your computer you go in under the hood and take something out..well..then something will be missing, :D

Hm, well, if there is Nothing Missing From TS4, you should notify Rachel Franklin there was absolutely no need for her to address fans and explain Why some things were ditched in order to implement the complicated, intricate Emotions System. Or You may need to contact Graham Nardone and tell him there Was No Need to go out and tell fans they (EA) wanted to spend so much time on getting the Emotions System up and running they ran out of time for the other base game content. And you may want to tell a few others there is no longer a need to tell fans what happened when they Said All Life Stages Will Be In The Game, but No Need to tell Fans At All 'Things Change' IF Nothing is missing, then Rachel Franklin and her team wasted their time trying to explain all this to fans and why things are missing if, You, say Nothing Is missing.

Good Day.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    indpntsimindpntsim Posts: 132 Member
    I love the Sims!!! I am a little disappointed about not having toddlers and pools but I just can't imagine that both would be "missing" "cut" or whatever from the game on release day. "They" know how upset the fans are about just these two items and I am sure "they" would want to keep the fans happy and the franchise flourishing by ultimately including at least one of the items. Either way, I LOVE THE SIMS!!! <3
    Save water...Drink beer!!!

OriginID: nurse167
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member

I agree with you in principle. But EA could have avoided some of the disappointment if they had not optimistically promoted features at the announcement of TS4( before they had even started building it), and waited until release time to reveal that they weren't able to include them. The current hullabaloo might have been avoided with better communication. Plus, the developers have been clear that they planned to include many of the disputed features, but couldn't make them work in the new engine. It's not like people didn't have a reason to expect them to be in the game.

I'm not validating the sometimes over the top reactions I've seen from both detractors and supporters of the Sims 4. Some of the "missing features" threads include obscure things that I had forgotten about from TS1or 2, and there are some nasty, disrespectful threads on both ends of the reaction spectrum. I'm just saying that there is a justifiable reason that people expected some of these features, so they aren't completely out of line. I don't feel that EA cheated me with any of the design decisions, but I also don't feel guilty about questioning a few of them. In the end, the designers don't owe it to me to produce a game that fits all of my expectations, and I don't owe it to them to like this particular game. I'm waiting until I see it to decide.