Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There Is Nothing Missing From The Sims Four

Comments

• Options
    pattyheartpattyheart Posts: 284 Member

This is a forum. A game forum. We don't have to wait until we play it to say how we feel about it. That's part of the whole "forum" thing.
    [/quote]

@Kamb64 ..which is exactly what we are doing. And I feel that I need to wait until I have actually played the game to be able to share how I feel about the content and game play. B)

My Origin ID is PattyHeart <3 Find me at Twitter as animatedword <3
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Sequel means adding on to the previous games.

They confirmed last year we would have all life stages.
    They confirmed last year we would have grocery and clothing stores.

So there are missing features.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    We all know that if something has been in any of the three games prior, and not in Sims 4, it is "Missing", because "Logic".
    Also known as "They Changed It Now It Sucks" and "Ruined Forever".
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    oppzorrooppzorro Posts: 341 Member
    Maybe we should look at the Sims4 as not a Reboot or a Sequel but a Spin Off. that might work!
  • Options
    Thing is if they had dropped the "4" everybody would have said "It's just like Sim City!" and "They changed the name so it can't be good!" and then we would have 1000000 threads about that.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    Yeah I'm buying the game, and really looking forward to it, but even I know that stuff is missing from it.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    Again, there is a difference between feeling something is missing because you want it (toddlers, leaving babies on the floor in the kitchen over night while woohooing in the hottub) and actual missing features (features planned but not possible to add, like weather from the start in Sims 2, or Pools in Sims 4).
    Yes. Pools are really missing. As far as I can tell that is the only thing that is truly "missing" and not "I want it so I feel like it's missing".
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Technically OP is totally right, cut features are part and parcel of the game development process. It is pretty much a normal occurrence in the development of a game.

Something which is cut won't be in final release, but calling it "missing" is a not accurate. Something cannot go missing if it was never there in the first place and if something is cut, it is because it was decided not to devote the resources to implement it...Thus it was never there.

I totally get why folks are bothered by some of the things that will not be in the game, but OP is not wrong; using the term "missing" is a little inaccurate.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    GlassHippocampusGlassHippocampus Posts: 171 Member
    It maybe exaggerated, but I wouldn't say it's inaccurate.
    Even if it's just a few things, Sim veterans have had emotional attachment to these things; they have every right to feel that these things are "missing".
    16804364_255015048272470_6498686028534196190_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ZJ2v2Iq54xUAX83XC6Z&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_d3R-ZAgZq89G9-i-5UP1msfabB3aphDK7YRcmuZ30cg&oe=62D86AED
  • Options
    Hey, I'm a veteran; I got Sims 1 on release day...
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    Totally agree with you, why anyone would want to pay for the same old game re.h.ashe.d over and over again i will never know, if i want toddlers i'll play sims 2, if i'm feeling creative i'll play sims 3 and if i want a good laugh i'll play sims 4.
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Technically OP is totally right, cut features are part and parcel of the game development process. It is pretty much a normal occurrence in the development of a game.

Something which is cut won't be in final release, but calling it "missing" is a not accurate. Something cannot go missing if it was never there in the first place and if something is cut, it is because it was decided not to devote the resources to implement it...Thus it was never there.

I totally get why folks are bothered by some of the things that will not be in the game, but OP is not wrong; using the term "missing" is a little inaccurate.

Thank you @Stormkeep "you hit the nail on the head" this is all I was trying to say. While I am not a "techie" or a "programmer" I come from a family with a long, long computer development and programing history going back to WW2. I absorbed a lot by osmosis. So, naturally I lean towards the technical side of all this.

• Options
    2011simone wrote: »
    Totally agree with you, why anyone would want to pay for the same old game re.h.ashe.d over and over again i will never know, if i want toddlers i'll play sims 2, if i'm feeling creative i'll play sims 3 and if i want a good laugh i'll play sims 4.

@2011simone Well said! I already own copies of Sims 1, 2 and 3 and enjoy each one for different reasons. I am looking forward to Sims 4 because it is a new game that promises to be a heck of a lot of fun ! :D

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    pattyheart wrote: »
    In the clear light of reality the Sims Four will upon its release be whole and intact. It is in fact a new game unique unto itself. The Sims Four is not The Sims 1, 2 or 3. It is The Sims 4 - a brand new individual in the Sims series with its own unique personality. Now, if after you install the game on your computer you go in under the hood and take something out..well..then something will be missing, :D

There are some things technically missing, but it's nowhere near the 78+ claimed on the other thread.

Pools, toddlers, shorter teens...
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    There is some reasonable expectation that a sequel will expand upon its predecessors rather than completely reinvent them.

Agreed. Many of us were anticipating certain things to appear in the game, which are not included. As has been said, we were led to believe some of those things would be included, but they are not, so many are disappointed.

If we weren't accustomed to having those things in earlier games, we'd not be disappointed. Some of them will perhaps appear in EPs, which is fair enough, but we just don't know if they will yet.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Interesting conversation. I want to thank each one of you for taking part.
  • Options
    FertieSimsFertieSims Posts: 162 Member
    Legendary wrote: »
    They have explicitly stated that pools were supposed to be in and had to be cut. Ergo, AT THE VERY LEAST, pools are missing.

Wow I didn't know that...ugh
  • Options
    As for the "Not reinvent, just expand"... So FO3 should never have been made?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Oh, fun. A play on words. I'm not good with words... I'm better with pictures.

Yes, I believe everyone understands that once the game is released it is done; that it is considered complete and whole.
    Maybe that's why a petition was asked to delay the release so what was promised could be added....

When the word 'Technically' is put in then we know the plumsause is getting deep.

They talked and promised and showed and lead us along...

Maybe a picture would help. Mmmm, chocolate cake will be served.

HERSHEYS%20PERFECTLY%20CHOCOLATE%20Chocolate%20Cake_94034_184_13_en-US_Large.jpeg

What is in the full, and compete package
    easy-bake-oven-chocolate-cake-mix-01.jpg

• Options
    And you're still wrong.
  • Options
    RayIVRayIV Posts: 4 New Member
    I feel like every game that had a predecessor, not just the Sims, is compared to harshly to the other. I understand we want the Sims 4 to be the best it can be, but we have to look back and see that, cut content isn't unique to the Sims 4, it happens to every game. There were a ton of things left out of the Sims 3 that were in the Sims 2, everyone made a huge fuss about it, and now everyone loves the Sims 3. In the future when the Sims 5 comes out, we are going to moan and groan about everything left out that was in the Sims 4. Everyone likes to see the bad in things and forget the good. There are around 80 or so features being taken out, and I'm not happy about it, but there are about 130 new features being put in the game. I write game reviews for a living so I tend to see every angle and aspect of a game. Everyone just has to see the potential in this game and just take it for what it is, overall, I think it is going to be better than the Sims 3, and a lot of stuff will probably be added in expansion packs and stuff packs. What I want people to take away from this is to just buy the game and enjoy it for what it is or do not buy the game and please stop filling the forums with negative posts.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    To use the pictures above:
    EA promises us a new, nice cake.
    Fans assume it will be Chocolate.
    EA presents a glorious Strawberry Cake.
    25% of the fans insists they were promised Chocolate, because it always used to be chocolate (except those times when it wasn't, but they don't remember that and EA never using the word "Chocolate" anyway)
    25% goes in deep denial and refuses to accept that Strawberry cake really is a kind of cake at all.
    50% says "Cool! Strawberries!"
  • Options
    Most people aren't talking about what was in the older games that need to be in the new one. My point of view, as I only can speak for myself, is that EA did say this would be in it and that would be in it and yet... one at a time these items were cut.

The amount I will pay for this game has been cut to 50%.

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    25% of the fans insists they were promised Chocolate, because it always used to be chocolate (except those times when it wasn't, but they don't remember that and EA never using the word "Chocolate" anyway)
    25% goes in deep denial and refuses to accept that Strawberry cake really is a kind of cake at all.

I don't know, I think there should be a line in there that states that EA said it would be chocolate but later had to tweet that due to difficulty securing chocolate flavoring it will be now be replaced with strawberry but chocolate could come later.

• Options

Lol~ I see you caught that stray chocolate and changed it. :lol: