Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• Options
    sophstar007sophstar007 Posts: 112 Member
    > @metalfenix_Raf said:

> It will return quickly. achieving 50 points is not that hard, some likes and agrees and badges and you'll be there. Have 1 like from me.

Thanks!! :)
    293xf8g.jpg
  • Options
    debsilva3debsilva3 Posts: 180 Member
    Wow, I am now a member! I would have thought I was a member years ago since I have been playing the Sims since the game originally came out. B) What will they think of next?
    Please feel free to add me on Origin. My username is mtglady
    I am also mtglady on the awesome Carl's Sims 4 Guide

If you can't talk to your cats about catnip, who will?

• Options
    TwilightVampiresTwilightVampires Posts: 86 Member
    I'm now a member! :)
    " Forgive others not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace"
    I AM A MAC PLAYER
    EK I GET TO PLAY THE SIMS 4 ON 17/02/15!
  • Options
    LaDawn35LaDawn35 Posts: 248 Member
    lol I never even saw what was going on lol was just posting along, did not know about the points and all lol
    eb27a170-96c2-4192-aa8f-f4a4cd1a000a.png Origin Id: QuanishaJenkins / Twitter: https://twitter.com/QuanishaJenkins

• Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Seriously? I have like four of those little anniversary cake badge thingies and I'm a new member? -_-
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    ConverseShoesConverseShoes Posts: 153 Member
    *Sigh* I've been here for 2 years and read the forums every day, yet because I don't post a lot I'm now considered a "new member".
  • Options
    carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    peoinee wrote: »
    here a photo were you can see all of her not distorted or covered by something big pretty girl lol ok im dont post pics but this is Dakota

10155963_4180338564488_559799008_n.jpg?oh=294993eafdd34fa21b01bfcf8feb5525&oe=545D8D43&__gda__=1416524178_6ca6b04e48152a1c577f78f07a63d04e
    @peoinee She looks like she is watching TV, Very cute
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I don't know...everything seems working fine a few hours ago...and now I cannot post images on my own thread, that's sad :\
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    PlumbobPastaxxPlumbobPastaxx Posts: 214 Member
    edited August 2014
    I basically got all my lol's and like's by posting pictures
    *instert facepalm picture here*
    EDIT: http://thumbs.modthesims2.com/img/1/0/1/6/6/0/5/MTS_xandrasama-1114566-facepalm.jpg
    Well... 9 more points to go!
    Post edited by PlumbobPastaxx on
    Origin ID: PlumbobPastaxx
    lapuod39490.png
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    > @ChocoCub said:
    > I don't know...everything seems working fine a few hours ago...and now I cannot post images on my own thread, that's sad :\

I know, it's a bit annoying. But I just found out from this thread that all you need is 50 points and then you're upgraded to member. :)

So here's a like from me, hopefully that will boost up your count!

And if anyone can give me a like that would be great, I only have 39 points, haha. :b Almost there!
  • Options
    @Turner: Thank you so much :D<3
    ._.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @ChocoCub:

And thank you in return! :) Just got the 5 agrees badge, woot woot!
  • Options
    RitchieRitchie Posts: 107 Member
    edited August 2014
    > @ConverseShoes said:
    > *Sigh* I've been here for 2 years and read the forums every day, yet because I don't post a lot I'm now considered a "new member".

It is odd. I have a thousand posts on other forums around the world yet I'm a newbie too :p

UPDATE: I am slightly a newbie. I have no clue how to use that quote function. It is a bit off topic but anyone cares to explain?

UPDATE 2: Done @Choco and Turner :)
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    On the Aussie forums, there isn't even a rank or tally post that shows, unless you go to your profile.
  • Options
    Ah, thanks Ritchie! You just pushed my points over 50, looks like I'm a full-fledged member now. :) (although I had over 13000 posts on my old account, which was made in 2009, haha)

Looks like you're a 'new' member yourself!

EVERYONE LIKE RITCHIE'S POSTS!! :p
  • Options
    WildForrestWildForrest Posts: 54 Member
    Well the new system kicked out the pervotrolls so that's a good thing. I can stay a new member a bit longer if it means I don't risk getting 🐸🐸🐸🐸 images thrown in my face. ;)
  • Options
    @Ritchie: I went ahead and liked all your posts linked to your profile, hopefully that gives you the 5-likes Badge :D
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @Ritchie: It's much more easier for you to do it on the new website since you just have to click the"Quote" button which locates at the dialogue box

For example, I clicked the button and...
    Ritchie wrote: »
    > @ConverseShoes said:<br />
    > *Sigh* I've been here for 2 years and read the forums every day, yet because I don't post a lot I'm now considered a "new member". <br />
    <br />
    It is odd. I have a thousand posts on other forums around the world yet I'm a newbie too :p <br />
    <br />
    UPDATE: I am slightly a newbie. I have no clue how to use that quote function. It is a bit off topic but anyone cares to explain?<br />
    <br />
    UPDATE 2: Done @ChocoCub and Turner :)

but first you'll have to become a "Member" to quote properly

By the way, thanks for your help, Ritchie
    ._.
  • Options
    @Ritchie: Changing your profile photo may help you earn a badge as well as 10 points in addition :)

for more details about badges and points, check this link:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/badges
    ._.
  • Options
    RocheleRochele Posts: 42 Member
    @ChocoCub Thanks for the link.
  • Options
    You're welcome

cat-fat-dancing-cat-gif.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 472 Member
    I posted a pic and a link as a new member (which I didn't know I was until just now.) This will however make point #50 for me so once I hit the "post" button, I'll see if I am now a "member" of this forum, that I joined 4 years ago.

The problem I've had is that they took my old post count and badges and even though both profiles are named Daijahv, it treats us like 2 separate people. I call "her" my evil twin since she stole my "life".
  • Options
    DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 472 Member
    edited August 2014
    Alright, that post alone took me from 49 pts to 54 pts. So posts are worth 5 points each? And I am now a "member" instead of a new one! Yay!

Anyway, the image and link I posted was 4 days ago on Aug. 12, 2014 when I had "New Member" status on my thread for Cold Blooded. So I must disagree with the theory about new members' ability to do those things.

As mentioned in the previous post, however, I've been a member since Jan. 2010. I used to have a much higher post count so I'm not sure if those are the reasons I was able to post a link and pic?

Edit: One last thing. This post was worth 1 point. So from what it seems, your initial post on a thread is worth 5 pts and any subsequent posts on the same thread is worth 1 pt each. (Just speculating at this point).
  • Options
    sophstar007sophstar007 Posts: 112 Member
    Ok WOW that was quick!! Now I can start posting my creations again!! :#
    293xf8g.jpg
  • Options
    lotte9558lotte9558 Posts: 45 Member
    edited August 2014
    This explains a lot, I expected that I would be a new member since I'm new to this forum. But I have 50 points, maybe because of the badges, I joined in 2009.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top