Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    This points crap is elitist, stupid, and childish, EA. (There, my very first post at the TS4 forums, and I'm already cussing EA out).
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    murfeel wrote: »
    This points crap is elitist, stupid, and childish, EA. (There, my very first post at the TS4 forums, and I'm already cussing EA out).
    Tell us/them how you really feel. ;) Gives you your first LOL. :p
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member

:D:D:D

And I just pressed Agree, Like and LOL for this :D

• Options
    Somehow I still like the way the previous website worked. It's not everyone wasting 24/7 on the sims forum. Some people do have life outside.
  • Options
    Susiechan wrote: »

I went to her profile and LOL'd that one too. I see a badge coming! :D:p

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options
    blunote00 wrote: »

And I just followed your step :)

• Options
    blunote00 wrote: »

And I just followed your step :)
    Success! ;)
    viiee9.jpg

• Options
    Princess_CarlyPrincess_Carly Posts: 128 Member
    This is all very confusing!
  • Options
    DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 472 Member
    @Princess_Carly Well it wouldn't be EA without confusion. Welcome to the mayhem! As I see you're still stuck in "New Member" status even though you're quite old (member wise) let me give you a thumbs up and try to help you along!
  • Options
    YAY! Welcome to membership @Princess_Carly! Although, things won't get much better from here...
  • Options
    Princess_CarlyPrincess_Carly Posts: 128 Member
    Thanks @Daijahv, i'm a member now apparently! It only took 5 years to become official....
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I just witnessed first hand if somebody is naughty enough, not only do they get a spanking, they also lose being a full member. The system works!
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,561 Member
    What constitutes a 'new' member? Anyone know? For instance I've belonged to a Sims site since 2005. I posted over at the EA site for a little bit when Sims Medieval came out and then again when the official Sims3 site went to Read-only format, then came over here, when somebody posted a link. I'm totally confused. I will "like" or "agree" or "disagree" with a post but only if I really do feel something for what was said, and not to garner "goodies". I'm not a mouse weaving through a maze for some cheese. My goodness, at my age, I'm LONG passed that. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @GalacticGal "New Members" are people with under 50 points. You'll see that rank under their name, for example, yours is "Member" because you have 184 points.

While it SHOULD be based off of your time here, TPTB decided it was best to make it "fun" and use a participation based points system instead.
  • Options
    Daijahv wrote: »
    @GalacticGal "New Members" are people with under 50 points. You'll see that rank under their name, for example, yours is "Member" because you have 184 points.

While it SHOULD be based off of your time here, TPTB decided it was best to make it "fun" and use a participation based points system instead.

Where did you go to look that up about me? All I see is how many posts I've made (which seems to be a carry over from the Sims3 site). Please, and thank you.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Daijahv wrote: »

Where did you go to look that up about me? All I see is how many posts I've made (which seems to be a carry over from the Sims3 site). Please, and thank you.

Nevermind, I found it. Boy, are these cheeks red. LOL

• Options
    I clicked your name, above your avatar. It leads to your profile and a wealth of information.

14748974579_a209808178_o.png

Makes stalking easy. *scurries back into bushes with night vision goggles.*
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited August 2014
    OK, I finally understood all - I've got my 1st disagree, because some rainbow-sims4-avatar needed to complete collection of disagrees. I really like this system (there are many people, who are receiving badges for count of non-sense messages not related at sims - but liked, because colourfull) - very mature. But this option comes default from Vanilla forums. :rolleyes:
    Edit: agree with this message (external link): http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/970336/#Comment_970336 :
    While I understand your reasoning, all it would do is cause more trolling and accusations of "down votes". You seem to assume everyone would be mature enough to use the features correctly and within reason. Very nice of you but sadly mistaken.......
    Post edited by Bily_jednorozec on
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I just witnessed first hand if somebody is naughty enough, not only do they get a spanking, they also lose being a full member. The system works!
    Awesome that the system is working. But it still needs a lot of tweaking. ;)
    Behavior, behavior, behavior. It's an interesting thing to watch on a forum. B)

• Options
    edited August 2014
    What constitutes a 'new' member? Anyone know? For instance I've belonged to a Sims site since 2005. I posted over at the EA site for a little bit when Sims Medieval came out and then again when the official Sims3 site went to Read-only format, then came over here, when somebody posted a link. I'm totally confused. I will "like" or "agree" or "disagree" with a post but only if I really do feel something for what was said, and not to garner "goodies". I'm not a mouse weaving through a maze for some cheese. My goodness, at my age, I'm LONG passed that. LOL

Edit: agree with this message (external link): http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/970336/#Comment_970336 :
    While I understand your reasoning, all it would do is cause more trolling and accusations of "down votes". You seem to assume everyone would be mature enough to use the features correctly and within reason. Very nice of you but sadly mistaken.......

I totally agree with both of you :smile:
  • Options
    ConverseShoesConverseShoes Posts: 153 Member
    Thanks for the likes etc guys, I've now got the 5 Likes and 5 Agrees badges. :)
    Hopefully there is no stigma attached to being a "new" member now though after all the trolling and stuff that happened yesterday.
  • Options
    FreddyFreddy Posts: 61 Member
    I'm a member 8DDD
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the likes etc guys, I've now got the 5 Likes and 5 Agrees badges. :)

Hopefully there is no stigma attached to being a "new" member now though after all the trolling and stuff that happened yesterday.
    Let's see if I can help you out. :p

• Options
    @ConverseShoes

Welcome aboard! ;)
    288r0ib.jpg
  • Options
    ConverseShoesConverseShoes Posts: 153 Member
    Thanks for liking my posts @blunote00! Yay finally a member lol :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top