Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Kari wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Kari wrote: »
    Maybe its just me but I don't think people should be giving likes and agrees just for the sake of giving them. I highly doubt the person who posted a ton of images just stopped trying. Most likely they created a ton of accounts and is slowly posting to try to get their points up. Not saying that is whats happening and certainly not all new users are bad. I'm just saying that I am suddenly noticing a lot of new users with very recent join dates posting now that they can't post pictures.

Once again, not pointing fingers or saying bad things to new users. Just an observation.

I agree and I might be a bit guilty here :blush: Darn my kindness :'( I try to check the users previous posts and activity to see if they seem malicious, people I've seen so far seem pretty average and if they start posting pics I'll gladly bring their points down by flagging ;)

The other thing is, the new game is bound to bring in quite a number of newer users.

Yes, I agree. I'm sure we will get a ton of new users coming in soon and I do welcome that! I just find people suspicious who signed up in the last two days suddenly asking for tons of likes. I would not give anybody a like or anything if they are outright asking for it.

But I do agree there are some users who deserve it. I have seen people who have been here for years but just don't post too often. Its obvious that they are okay!

Yes, I actually never looked at the join date, I think I'll do that from now on just do be safe. The newer users should work for their likes ;)
  • OrionSnakeOrionSnake Posts: 23 Member
    > @blunote00 said:
    > OrionSnake wrote: »
    >
    > i only have 5 points..guess i will be a noob member for a while...
    >
    >
    >
    > OrionSnake,
    >
    > I helped you out as best I could. Hopefully, some others will come along and do the same.
    > You're join date is August 2013. Sorry you got caught up.

hehe... Thank you! :D
  • OrionSnakeOrionSnake Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2014
    @06BON06

Thank you for the tips! If someone disagree with my post, will I lose points?
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    OrionSnake wrote: »
    @06BON06

Thank you for the tips! If someone disagree with my post, will I lose points?
    No you won't. ;)

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
    Just giving this a little bump for anyone still unaware of the points ;)
  • DansminxDansminx Posts: 7 New Member
    Thanks for the explanation about the points system. It was really helpful.
  • SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    I strongly dislike some of the mechanics for the forums starting over. I was on the old forums since 2009, but I rarely post myself, I prefer to read the forums without getting too invested in a thread. I work 10hr days, it's hard enough just to find time to play, never mind force myself to participate just so that in the rare instance I want to post I can quote someone and give them credit when referencing. Yeah I know there's the whole @ thing, but eh, it's too twitterish for me.
  • SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Disgruntlement aside, thanks for posting this, I was all ugh how am I a "new member" and this explained it nicely.
    Wlecome @Dansminx @SkyeChimes glad this post is serving its purpose. You can earn the basic badges like @ Name and changing your pic ^^ You don't need to unless you want to post pics or links ;)
  • batmansrobinbatmansrobin Posts: 146 Member
    Thank you so much for explaining this. I seriously miss the old forums.
    tumblr_n801qpC3jx1qknma4o5_500.png
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited August 2014
    @batmansrobin I agree with you, but if we are loving TS3 - I don't know about better place for getting help, links and most recent information what happens with ours game = all together. Don't worry, it want only time to get habit on it.;)
    (I'm not working for EA)
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • 2012Sim032012Sim03 Posts: 330 Member
    Thank for clearing that up, 06Bon06. :)
  • Grneydbandit0Grneydbandit0 Posts: 1,050 Member
    i've been here less than an hour and already have 42 points, so by the time the demo finishes downloading for me, i'll be able to post pics :D
    i've been here less than an hour and already have 42 points, so by the time the demo finishes downloading for me, i'll be able to post pics :D

Great! Better to see you are here from 2009 ;)
  • KrisPerfectlyMeKrisPerfectlyMe Posts: 68 Member
    Thanks for making this!
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    well this thread got derailed fast...my gawd my eyes
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
    nekobear wrote: »

Hopefully they will be banned soon :/ This thread was made for good users not that.. ugh!
  • leelujackleelujack Posts: 384 Member
    Well I suppose it proves that the new forum measures kinda work in that it a good thing they cant post pics :\
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

leelujack wrote: »
    Well I suppose it proves that the new forum measures kinda work in that it a good thing they cant post pics :\

Just unfortunate to have to see it for a few seconds, the Avi is the next thing that should be dealt with though.
    > @06Bon06 said:
    > leelujack wrote: »
    >
    > Well I suppose it proves that the new forum measures kinda work in that it a good thing they cant post pics
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Just unfortunate to have to see it for a few seconds, the Avi is the next thing that should be dealt with though.

that's easy enough to fix though isn't it? i had mine done before i even posted on the forum.
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member

Hopefully they will be banned soon :/ This thread was made for good users not that.. ugh!

this make's it harder for new member's now to even post anything...a lot of the new user's don't post these kind's of things but it's just sad that some people can ruin it for everyone :( as much as I want to be welcoming to new fellow simmer's now I'm paranoid to do so because there is that "what if" after all is said and done we get more of this stuff...I hope it is dealt with soon and they change this system in a different way.
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
    > @06Bon06 said:<br />
    > leelujack wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > Well I suppose it proves that the new forum measures kinda work in that it a good thing they cant post pics <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Just unfortunate to have to see it for a few seconds, the Avi is the next thing that should be dealt with though.<br />
    <br />
    that's easy enough to fix though isn't it? i had mine done before i even posted on the forum.

Myself and other users are saying that New members should not be able to upload their own avatar. Because...well looks at the troll's picture :/

this make's it harder for new member's now to even post anything...a lot of the new user's don't post these kind's of things but it's just sad that some people can ruin it for everyone :( as much as I want to be welcoming to new fellow simmer's now I'm paranoid to do so because there is that "what if" after all is said and done we get more of this stuff...I hope it is dealt with soon and they change this system in a different way.

Exactly, I'm actually at the point of checking join dates before liking or agreeing on a post :/
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    If anyone is using firefox, use the APB extension. With that, I blocked all the avatars from the troll.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
    > @06Bon06 said:<br />
    > leelujack wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > Well I suppose it proves that the new forum measures kinda work in that it a good thing they cant post pics <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Just unfortunate to have to see it for a few seconds, the Avi is the next thing that should be dealt with though.<br />
    <br />

Myself and other users are saying that New members should not be able to upload their own avatar. Because...well looks at the troll's picture :/
    oh, i see what you're saying. but i'm glad i was able to upload my own :D, i have some pretty born in game sims on 3 ;).
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top