Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    @MerrierSimmetry I don't think that's a glitch, from what I understand 'new member' has nothing to do with when you joined the site and everything to do with having 50 points and 30 posts. i joined the site in 2015 bit still a new member, someone could have joined in 2009 and would still be a new member if they didn't meet requirements. I think it's a stupid system too but yeah join date doesn't have anything to do with it :/
  • Options
    LadyLilySophiaLadyLilySophia Posts: 121 Member
    > @JENNIFERZ77 said:
    > Thank you! I used to know these forums like the back of my hand. Now I am relearning everything.
    >

Like you I used to be very active in the forums. Unfortunately, I lost access to my old username since I shared the account with my ex-husband. So now I have to start all over. Oh well...
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    I have contacted EA and the sims facebook about this issue (literally looking for any possible way to get this fixed). *fingers crossed* that they do something about this!
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I really hope they get this fixed soon. I am at 50 posts and like 70 something points with my account being open since September 2014 lmao Its a good thing I found these posts because I was getting super confused about my perpetual new member status.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Also do you get to edit posts as an actual members? Because I'm really not liking not being able to edit posts. Its the one thing that drives me bonkers about Twitter except at least there I can delete and re-do if I screw up lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Also do you get to edit posts as an actual members? Because I'm really not liking not being able to edit posts. Its the one thing that drives me bonkers about Twitter except at least there I can delete and re-do if I screw up lmao

Hello @somethingstellar
    When you become a full member, you will be able to edit your posts.
    I am sorry that this issue is occurring with you and other new members :(
  • Options
    zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    I wonder how this will go on.... :open_mouth:
  • Options
    MerrierSimmetryMerrierSimmetry Posts: 38 Member
    @samemie uhm, I don't know, what am missing for requirements. I thought that I've met all of the requirements. Please, check out my profile page and let me know if I need to fulfill a missed requirement.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    @samemie uhm, I don't know, what am missing for requirements. I thought that I've met all of the requirements. Please, check out my profile page and let me know if I need to fulfill a missed requirement.

Hello @MerrierSimmetry
    You meet all the requirements to become a full member. There is an issue that anyone who was a new member when the issue with the forum not registering that simmers have the required 50 points/30 posts ocurred, are unable to become full members.
  • Options
    MerrierSimmetryMerrierSimmetry Posts: 38 Member
    @rosemow Thanks! :)
  • Options
    Well I still haven't gotten a,response yet. I think everyone should try to contact ea. It might work!
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I think we should just riot

*throws tomatoes*
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    Yeah like at this point I just feel bummed out, like you've made it so far but you're still not part of the community you know?
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    I've got more than 300 points and just passed 225 posts, and I got this far by being on the forums everyday for the past few months but I'm still stuck as a new member you know? I've slaved over hours of edits and gameplay screenshots when I can easily be doing my assignments but I really want to be part of the forums community but this glitch is just a real bummer and like I can start feeling myself on the forums not as often and I see threads like rate the signature above or those rate the avatar and I just feel so left out you know? Its just such a shame really
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    Like just make @rosemow a moderator already, they (sorry I don't know your gender and I'm not one for assumptions) have given they're all for this forums and I really think the gurus should be able to trust the community with managing the forums you know? less for the gurus and problems like this can solved quick and easily #weneedcommunitymoderators
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    Also sorry I'm just ranting
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    SchnapsPeachSchnapsPeach Posts: 58 Member
    I was wondering if this member system only exists on the US forums?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    @SchnapsPeach, yes it's only on the USA board as we kept getting people who wanted to post nasty and illegal pictures and websites on this board.
  • Options
    reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    Oh it was only this board? Great news! I'm glad I decided to randomly check back now lol. Now lmme find them other boards...
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    I could easily join the Finnish forum but it's so dead compared to this, that's why I came here D:
    cha cha cha
  • Options
    SchnapsPeachSchnapsPeach Posts: 58 Member
    @lisasc360 thank you for answering so quickly :)
    @MirkaKaroliina Same problem with the german board :(
  • Options
    Still no luck :(
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    For the record, here's what i have tried so far:

messaged the sims on facebook
    wrote on Simguru Drake's wall here
    emailed EA
    DM'd SimguruDrake on twitter
    Messaged someone in charge on the EA forums

I hope this doesn't get me in trouble, or that they think I'm a troll. I just really think this issue should get fixed! I've only been waiting a week or so to become a member. I feel more bad for everyone that has waited over a month =(
    THIRTYT(2).png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top