Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    Nope, no it hasn't :(
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Nope, no it hasn't :(

Hello @CitySimmer16
    I am sorry that you have this issue, There are issues at the moment with the site not registering new members as full members, even though they have the required posts and points. I hope that they will be resolved for you and other new members very soon.
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    @rosemow One day I will be a full member ;)
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    minjee_kangminjee_kang Posts: 285 Member
    @CitySimmer16 Yes, one day my friend, one day! (Eagerly awaiting)
  • Options
    LottiesimsLottiesims Posts: 57 Member
    I've had this over 48 hours now and I'm sure I have the required points? This system is so confusing xD
  • Options
    Lottiesims wrote: »
    I've had this over 48 hours now and I'm sure I have the required points? This system is so confusing xD

Hello @Lottiesims
    You have the required points snd posts, but there is an issue at the moment with the site not registering new members as full members, even though they have the required posts and points. I hope that they will be resolved for you and other new members very soon.
  • Options
    LottiesimsLottiesims Posts: 57 Member
    @rosemow Ahhh thank you very much for letting me know! :) what a pain though haha
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I'm hoping the issue is fixed soon. I Just got 2 points so now i have 51 but i'm still new :(
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Is it just me or does this system just encourage people to spam post more? Like I'm not a member and I want to be, because I want to be able to make my own discussions (which I used to be able to and then had that revoked because of the points system) and I now find myself scouring the boards looking for even the smallest thing to add to a discussion in the hope someone will like it and give me points so I can become a member. I don't know, it just all seems a bit backwards to me. And I know this post won't change anything but I'm venting. :tongue:
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    samemie wrote: »
    Is it just me or does this system just encourage people to spam post more? Like I'm not a member and I want to be, because I want to be able to make my own discussions (which I used to be able to and then had that revoked because of the points system) and I now find myself scouring the boards looking for even the smallest thing to add to a discussion in the hope someone will like it and give me points so I can become a member. I don't know, it just all seems a bit backwards to me. And I know this post won't change anything but I'm venting. :tongue:

Hello :)
    The new member system encourages simmers to read and post on a number of threads. Simmers may discover threads or sections of the forums that that may not have known about if they hadn't needed to get the points and posts.It can be hard for simmers who may feel a little shy, and not sure what to say, but most simmers are understanding though and will help new members get used to how the forums work.
  • Options
    reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    No. I feel the same way too. The post and point count is way too high to reach for a new member without spamming. At first I refused to do so, and got stuck lol. I usually only post in topics I'm interested in and actually have something to say. This forum forced me to just spam as a routine task.

If you don't spam, it's quite easy to lose interest long before you find enough topics to post in.

That all said, I completed your mission, I have my points. I don't think I have my membership. =w= Idk tho, this system doesn't really make me want to come back unless I absolutely have to...
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    @reanseih Yeah I think it's glitched right now, but I don't know how long it's been that way since I've only been posting actively for about a day. I agree with what you said though, having been a member... well, a new member at least, for nearly 2 years it feels as though there should be some kind of cut off or exception. So maybe have this points system to encourage people who really are new members to post, but then have an exception where if you've been signed up for a month, or six months, or a year even, then you automatically get members rights anyway. That way the shy people get member status without being forced to spam (and being forced out of their comfort zone in the first place) but you're still encouraging brand new people to post. Mostly I'm just annoyed because I used to have member rights that were taken away. For months I'd come to this forum every time I had a glitch, find I couldn't post a discussion and assume that was another glitch before I realised it was just something I'm not longer allowed. Right now I'm trying to get member status because I want to post a discussion on a genetics experiment I'm doing, and it seems like an awful lot of work just for that. So I agree in that it could be turning members away (especially with this glitch right now that means the system doesn't even work).
  • Options
    Just had a quick look back in the thread and it seems this glitch has been happening for a good month or so now which is disheartening :(
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Yeah, it's super frustrating. It feels like they really don't care to try to fix it, because the only people who are really affected are new members, and nobody pays much attention to us (except Rose, thanks Rose!)
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    LilyBear94LilyBear94 Posts: 108 Member
    I'm having the same issue. I don't mind though! I can wait :) However, I do hope they fix this issue :)
  • Options
    I don't mind waiting, I just get concerned it'll never happen. Seen too many broken sites never get fixed and I don't exactly trust EA that much when it comes to fixing bugs. :/
  • Options
    reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    Oh bugs... the roof bug that never got fixed.
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    100 posts, 52 points, member over a year - still a new member.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    PholliePhollie Posts: 20 Member
    Could this be related to the recent issue with Advert Videos not awarding any Sim Points as promised?
  • Options
    Phollie wrote: »
    Could this be related to the recent issue with Advert Videos not awarding any Sim Points as promised?
    Hello @Phollie
    It wouldn't be connected because that is on the other Sims 3 site. The issue is with this forums not recognising that new members have be required posts and points.
  • Options
    PholliePhollie Posts: 20 Member
    Ah, thank you for the clarification. I'm just having a bad Sims day it seems; member points not being recognised, ad videos not paying out sim points, and the general glitchy goodness of the game. :D
  • Options
    SPONGEBOB2772SPONGEBOB2772 Posts: 10 New Member
    This is quite complicated just to get a membership :angry: I needed to post a thread about CC not working but I'm unable to due to only being a 'new member' even though I've had this account for roughly 4-5 years.
  • Options
    RinieSilmeRinieSilme Posts: 53 Member
    Oh no... nothing new :(
  • Options
    GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    > @RinieSilme said:
    > Oh no... nothing new :(

except new members ... apparently there are a lot of those :neutral:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top