March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    @BuildnShare
    @FaithofKaela
    @onehummingbird

thank you all so much!
    congratulations to all the winners and contestants.
    i love to see everyone's take on a challenge :)
    excited to see everyone's entries on the next one and already excited
    by what i've seen so far!
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
  • lyssanlyssan Posts: 53 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners! You did a great job :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Starting Out Results for Challenge #64 - Ryunoten, Attorneys at Home

@lyssan

The architecture of Attorneys at home is unusual, but very appealing! The front of the house is colorful and inviting! You’ve done the roofing especially nicely. The landscaping is full of interesting details, like the parking sign (or is it “no parking”?) and the fun elephant fountain. The interior layout is also unusual but works well. The interior colors are well-coordinated and calming. The kitchen is attractive; the use of the contrasting stone walls was a good choice. The living areas and bedrooms are all nicely appointed. It’s a house any family could feel comfortable in! :smiley:

Suggestions: You might consider using a little more terrain paint, especially underneath trees and other plantings. And the only other thing that stood out as odd was your choice of three colors of the wooden wall plaques on the upstairs landing. The dark brown one doesn’t really go with the soft decor. I might have gone back to the color of the one on the far left (if you didn’t want them all to be the same color).

@undressyourbones

The clapboard siding and big front porch give A New Beginning a very low country look! I especially like the roof details over the open balcony areas on the upper floor. The landscaping of the front of the house is lovely with the conical trees creating an asymmetrical balance. Inside, the open plan kitchen/dining/living room works well. The rough plank flooring is very low country, too, and works well. Overall, the colors are soft and neutral. Each of the bedrooms is nicely furnished, and you thought out carefully the needs of each age level. :smiley:

Suggestions: You chose a good sized lot for the house (30 x 30?) and it seems under-landscaped except for the front of the house. Remember: terrain paint is your friend! Use of brick terrain paint around the pool would have made that area seem more realistic. Also, be careful when you resize objects. The vase of tulips seems too big, for example. And finally, be careful not to zoom out too much with the camera when you are taking pictures. It’s better to take several pictures of the same room so that you can show all the features rather than trying to get them all in in one shot.

@Wildling

Blue Family Abode is a gorgeous low country house! You really captured the architectural style well with the wrap-around porch, clapboard siding and brick “foundation”. Your landscaping is lush and beautiful. The tiling around the pool is especially nice. The interior layout works well, and your color coordination is subtle and very attractive. You’ve included so many wonderful interior details, and your use of clutter items is spot on! The master suite is perfect for the busy couple; the bathtub looks inviting! And I love that you’ve included an attic; I think the pink works well here, and Mr. Ryunoten will have nothing to complain about! :smiley:

Suggestions: The only thing I might disagree with you about is the Vintage Glamour painting in the stairwell near the chess table. It is either too big for the space or it needs to be moved up and centered in the space. (I can’t tell what the wall looks like since it is cut off in the image you provided.) You might consider entering at a higher level next time!

And the winner is.....

@Wildling
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    @BuildnShare OMG!! Thank you! <3<3<3 This is the first time I win a challenge, and it means a lot!

Thank you all who participated too, I'm really in awe of all the amazing creations I see here!
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Congrats @Wildling well done!
  • undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    Congratulations @Wildling !
    Thanks @BuildnShare !
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats @Wildling!!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Congrats @Wildling!
    Thank you @Ainsleigh @FaithofKaela @undressyourbones and @folala ! I'm so happy!
    @Wildling - as you should be :D
    Expert Results for Challenge #64 - Ryunoten, Attorneys at Home

@folala

You’ve captured the low country style very well with Low & Behold. The layout from eplans is unusual but works well and gives the house a lot of character. The style of roof, both shape and texture is just right. It was smart to use the garage as the fitness area, too. The landscaping is lovely and you’ve chosen the right kinds of plants. I love the soft blues and greens in the interior spaces, and you’ve used clutter items to great effect—I especially like the wall art and decor. The bedrooms are all thoughtfully furnished, and the master suite is indeed generous! I think my favorite part of the house, though, is the “screened” porch. Well done! :smiley:

Suggestions: The two colors of roof texture seem a little odd. My guess is that the lighter color would work best for the whole roof. It gets hot down South and the lighter color reflects the sun more and keeps the house cooler.

@JasonAnthonySterling

Your entry is aptly named: Low Country Beauty. You’ve done a superb job overall. The architecture well reflects the low country style, and the landscaping and roof are spot on. The outdoor entertainment area is especially lovely. Inside, you’ve found the right balance of colors, clutter items, and furnishings. You’ve made very creative use of the MOO cheat—the corner kitchen sink is a wonderful idea. Each of the four bedrooms is nicely furnished in a traditional style, and the master bedrooms is luxurious. Great job! :smiley:

Suggestions: The only cavil I had was the location of the formal dining room so far from the kitchen. I’m not sure if you were working off an actual house plan, but I might have put all of the three bedrooms on the ground floor on one side of the house and the formal dining room where the one guest bedroom is now and moved the living room to where the formal dining room is.

@masajo

The first thing that struck me about Beechwood was its gorgeous, lush landscaping, and both the pond and campfire are wonderful features of the lot. The large wraparound porch is very low country. The complicated roofing is very attractive as are the mix of exterior wall textures. Inside, you’ve chosen wonderful, cool colors, but I love the pops of warm bright color throughout. The rooms are all generously sized, and you’ve used furniture and clutter items to their best advantage. The master suite is nicely laid out and seems very elegant! A really lovely house overall! :smiley:

Suggestions: I’m not sure what your reference for low country architecture was. [Netherlands? If so, that is a legitimate reference.] But it seems less like the style of houses along the Carolina coast [which is my reference]. I would have made the foundation higher, for instance. And just as a practical matter, one does not see stone used on the walls beneath the roof, unless the whole wall is made of stone. (The siding probably could not support the weight of the stone above it.) Having said this, it certainly is very attractive for Sims houses, however impractical it might be in real life.

And the winner is.....

@JasonAnthonySterling

GArBA5W.jpg
    Woooot!! Congrats @JasonAnthonySterling :smiley:
    Congratulatuons, @JasonAnthonySterling! Two in a row!
    Wildling wrote: »
    Congratulatuons, @JasonAnthonySterling! Two in a row!
    I know right, we Experts need to start upping our game ;)

• Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Thanks all for the congrats- It's never easy winning any of the challenges on the Forums because the opposing talent is so good. We could all re-build the world in a better fashion- LOL!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Big congrats @JasonAnthonySterling and @Wildling on your fantastic builds :) Big thank you @BuildnShare for your valuable feedback :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Established Results for Challenge #64 - Ryunoten, Attorney's at Home

@nicolethebowl

The Comfortable Lawyer is a gorgeous Low Country style house, perfectly situated by the beach. The soft tones of the exteriors are cool and soothing and the shuttered windows perfect the coastal appearance of the build. The porch provides a wonderful workout area, being in the shade and the pool looks very refreshing. Great interior layout with rooms easily accessible. The traditional dining room is very classy and I absolutely love the lemon and lime kitchen, looks very zesty! The master bedroom with en-suite is certainly top notch and the bright and cheerful children's rooms are vibrant and full of life.

Suggestions: You asked for advice regarding the roofing. I would have used the gable as you did but only to cover the house. I would have used half gables over the two porches (instead of dragging the full gable across) and lined these up with the main gable. I think this would provide more structure to the build and therefore add more interest. For the porch with the workout area I would have either used a gable or half hipped roof. Regarding the landscaping I was a little disappointed not to see any. I would have added grasses along the edges with a few coastal style plants to provide colour and enhance the build.

@kerplukee

Oak Field is an absolute beauty, I love the contrast of the brown and green which looks quite delicious as mint and chocolate springs to mind! Great choice of windows, the shutters are perfect for this Low Country style, as is the deck which looks a wonderful place to relax. The open plan layout of the ground floor is lovely and spacious and I was very impressed to see how you'd fitted in the study nook and the hobby area. The kitchen is absolutely gorgeous and very well designed, the placement of the counters divides the areas well. Fantastic idea to create rooms for children of different ages, the pink and turquoise colour schemes look wonderfully bright and cheery.

Suggestions: Personally I would have liked to access all bedrooms by one staircase only. To achieve this I would have moved the building containing the gym and teen room one square further along the deck, then adjusted the corridor on the first floor to lead around to the bathroom and teen room.

Room Challenge: Wow, what a fantastic bedroom! Firstly, I love your choice of windows, they really add character and light to the room. The way you've divided the sleeping area using half walls is perfect and the sitting area looks a wonderful place to read books. The flooring is a fabulous colour which really gives the room vibrance and life. The en-suite is beautiful and looks very luxurious and classy with the two sinks.

@onehummingbird

Tidewater Abode is such a beautiful build upon a foundation giving rise to the house. The cool, light shades of the exterior contrast well with the brick chimney and dark roof providing a gorgeous coastal appearance. The split stairs leading to the home are perfect for this style and the dormers further enhance the facade. I love how you've tucked a carport underneath, as well as the pool and shower, a great idea to wash the sand off before entering. Wonderful use of terrain paint to create lovely curved pathways and highlighting the planted areas. The interior layout works well and is furnished to a high standard. The nook in the hallway with the letters on the table makes great use of this space and the kitchen design is fabulous. Another favourite area is the living room with the cupboards around the fireplace, what a great feature, as also is the way you've placed shelves around the bedhead in one of the bedrooms.

Suggestions: Please title your pics, it's expected at this level. Watch where you moo/enlarge, I could see plants and rocks poking through walls in a couple of the shots. Finally, the roofing at the front looks perfect but at the rear it looks a little odd. I would have kept it the same as the front with the eaves and corners flush.

@SyddyB206

Pastel Sunshine is a beautiful name for such a gorgeous home with a fantastic roof structure. Very pretty facade enhanced by the trees and plants giving colour and form to the front. The porches look wonderful places to relax and the back yard is a hive of activity with the basketball, workout, pool and dining areas. Good to see you've made use of the terrain paint to create landscaping and pathways. Going inside is very refreshing with your bright and sunny colour scheme of lemon and green. The rooms all look very cheery but my favourite has got to be the living room. This room is spectacular, your beautiful choice of furnishing and decor is very glam and chic.

Suggestions: The choice and placement of windows within this build looks a little out of sync to me. One large window at the front, placed centrally, would look better than two I think. Also, I would have used smaller windows by the front door to better blend in with the door size.

@popettypop2012

A Southern Charm is a stunning build with a very beautiful facade. Your choice of windows and fencing give a delicate and ornate appearance and I love the soft blue colours. There is just the right amount of plants and landscaping at the front to enhance the build and provide colour. The winding pathways add lots of interest to the front and make one curious as to where they may lead to. The back yard at the rear is a lovely open space, perfect for children to play. The interior layout is wonderful and well designed. The soft palette gives a golden glow throughout and has a very warm and cosy feel, yet there is elegance and class too. I absolutely love the gym room with the yoga area.

Suggestions: As mentioned above I love the winding paths you have created with terrain paint. These could be further highlighted by drawing thin lines of brown 'earth' at either side. The upstairs windows at the rear, I feel, are a little too large but would have looked better if placed symmetrically.

@Ainsleyf

Low Country Family Home is absolutely beautiful, the archways and your choice of windows at the front provide so much interest and appeal, as do the wonderful pathways you have created using terrain paint. There is just the right amount of landscaping at the front so as not to overwhelm the house but to greatly enhance it. The steps leading to the house give symmetry and balance to the build. Lovely area at the rear with the pool underneath the balcony, looks very cool and refreshing. The interior layout looks fabulous with all rooms easily accessible. The soft palette throughout is very soothing and warm. I absolutely love the golden living area, this is so classy and elegant and the study nook sits very nicely by the window.

Suggestions: Firstly title the pics in the slideshow. Next, take overhead shots of each floor so we can see the overall layout clearly and also an overhead with the roof up. We also like to see pics of each elevation. It is good to take shots of all rooms at varying angles so we get to see the whole picture. Then arrange the pics to provide a 'tour' of the build. Regarding your house the only thing I would suggest is to add a few mats to the balcony over the pool, this will break the floor up plus the addition of potted plants here would add more colour and interest.

@Rostri-Jodu

Not-So-Low Country is a magnificent build with a perfect choice and placement of windows contrasting beautifully with the light exterior walls. Fabulous symmetrical roof structure and the landscaping is spot on for this style of home. Absolutely love the pool design, the edging and lighting provides great elegance, topped off by the fountain in the middle. The interior layout is lovely and spacious with all rooms easily accessible. I must say the flooring throughout is absolutely stunning, very well designed to give lots of interest and character to the rooms. The master suite is certainly top notch, the turquoise theme is lively and vibrant and the en-suite is out of this world, so stylish and modern. The gym area and office nook make great additions to this floor. I also love the colours and design of the toddler room, the blue/green/brown tones blend well together. I was impressed to see you'd added an en-suite to this room, the little duck on the floor by the bath really made me smile.

Suggestions: I wouldn't change a thing about this house, except maybe more plants on the balcony/porch. Regarding your slideshow, please title your pics. We also like to see shots of each exterior elevation.

Sim Challenge: You have portrayed Dream and Michael as a very beautiful couple who absolutely adore each other. It's wonderful to see them enjoying their new home and having lots of fun. The outfits you have chosen are perfect and look so good on the pair. The traits you have chosen suit this high powered duo well and what a beautiful ending, thank you so much for sharing the happy event.

@glen1974

Coastal View is a thoroughly gorgeous build with shuttered windows and exterior textures very typical of the Low Country style. The plants at the front and the red door bring the house to life with their vivid colours. The wraparound porch looks a wonderful place to relax and leads to a very beautiful patio perfect for dining by the refreshing pool. I love the way you've created 'planters' for the hedging surrounding the exteriors, looks very impressive. The interior layout is fabulous with all rooms spacious and easily accessible. The kitchen design is wonderful and I love the sunny yellow walls of this area, the brightness brings lots of cheeriness to the room. The whole house looks light and airy with your wonderful choice of decor and furnishing. The turquoise shades of the master bedroom and en-suite are gorgeous and I love the shelves by the sides of the bed, a great idea.

Suggestions: The flooring in some of the rooms looks as if they could do with a rug/mat or some creative work with floor tiles to add more interest to the room. The kitchen/dining area for example has a huge amount of open floor tiles and I feel a mat under the dining table would break this up. Similarly in the art room, a rug would add more warmth and character.

@golden_glow

Low Country has a very attractive facade with light exterior textures contrasting well with the dark roof and enhanced by the colourful plants at the front. The carport is a wonderful addition at the side. The rear garden is very beautiful with the swimming pool, bbq dining, monkey bars and the gardening area. It's great how you've designed and laid out these various areas. Going inside I absolutely love how you make use of the space under the stairs with shoe racks. The gym is placed well in the basement and an excellent idea to have a shower there too. The open plan kitchen, dining and living areas are lovely and spacious and the colour scheme here is gorgeous, the green and white work so well together. Awesome computer nook! The upstairs layout is also good, as is the decor and furnishing of the rooms. Very impressed with your shelf placement in the nursery and guest room, they look very effective.

Suggestions: I think I would have used a different foundation for the carport, maybe a plain one just to differentiate this area. I would also have added a bench or two on the front porch, as well as potted plants, to give more interest here.

And the winner is ....

@popettypop2012

With second place going to ....

@Rostri-Jodu

And third place to ....

@onehummingbird

We would like to give an honourable mention to ....

@kerplukee

The winner of the room challenge is ....

@kerplukee

The winner of the sim challenge is ....

@Rostri-Jodu

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats @popettypop2012, @kerplukee and @Rostri-Jodu! And, thank you @buildnshare for taking the time to look over my build and review it, and thanks for all the suggestions and compliments. This was my very first challenge and hopefully, I'm getting better at Imgur and photography..Haha! Great builds everyone!! Yay!
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you so much @buildnshare for hosting this challenge and for the feedback:) it really helps me with my building skills.

Thank you@Ainsleyf for the congratulations:)

Congratulations to @kerplukee @onehummingbird and @Rostri-Jodu
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    @buildnshare thank you for the feedback, v much appreciated. And congratulations to all the winners in this challenge. Awesome builds from everyone.
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    Thanks @BuildnShare for your feedback. This was not an easy challenge for me but I enjoyed building out of my comfort zone. Well done to the winners, well deserved!
    Congrats to everyone who placed in the Intermediates, especially @popettypop2012!!
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you so much, @FaithofKaela :)
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    Oh, wow! Thank you, BnS, for the recognition for both my build and my sims. Very cool. Congrats to everyone who entered and placed, too! Nicely done.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top