March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats @kilra0 and @popettypop2012 for your respective wins!!! Some amazing entries this time around :)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you for the congrats, but i'm the only one entering on my level
    Thank you so much to @buildnshare for the feedback:)
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you for the congrats, but i'm the only one entering on my level

@popettypop2012 , you are a winner on any level! Congratulations! :smiley:
    @popettypop2012 - I second what @StSciurus said, it was a fab build!!!
    Thank you @StSciurus and @FaithofKaela, you guys are so sweet:)
    @popettypop2012 - We try ;)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Expert Results for Challenge #61 - Hawthorne Project - Disaster Plan

@equuest
    This place looks amazing, I adore the Victorian style architecture and the mansard rooflines you have created are simply fantastic. Your landscaping throughout the lot is well thought out and the plants and trees that you have chosen help to cement the style. Your exteriors look fabulous, you have made some great choices with exterior wall treatments to make each home feel different yet still fit the theme. Your interiors work well, each home has been well laid out and the standard of furnishing is just exquisite. You have given such thought to the little details, those small pieces of decor/clutter that really help the home feel lived in. Your colour palettes work well throughout each home and the way you have used colour and differing interior styles to differentiate between the different homes is amazing.

Suggestions:
    A little more structure/detail in your presentation would have helped with judging such a mammoth build. I am concerned that only one home includes the fitness/computing/easel requirements. Also, I may have missed it, but I didn’t see anywhere for the residents to grow their own food.

@folala
    The design of this lot is totally breath-taking folala! You must have such an great imagination to be able to come up with an idea like this and accomplish it so flawlessly. Your exteriors are superb, the place feels like a woodland community, the exterior wall treatments are perfect and your use of the terrain paint tool is just amazing! The area that really made me smile was the meditation stool in one of the gardens, such a lovely touch. The landscaping in this build is simply brilliant. Your idea of popping the community centre underground is ingenious and so well executed. Your layouts work incredibly well and your use of colours to harmonise the different interiors is brilliant.

Suggestions:
    Some areas in the homes feel a little bland, perhaps a touch more clutter or a few more pieces of decor items would have helped them feel more homely. Also, I only saw one artists easel in one home and the same with chess tables.

@StSciurus
    This place is truly stunning! Your architecture is superb, those turret roofs are so well done. Your exterior wall treatments lend themselves well to the style of the build. The landscaping is deceptive, at first glance it feels minimal due to the sheer scale of the build, but on closer inspection you have included plants and trees at every opportunity and they fit well with the style of the community. Your layouts are well thought out and designed, it made me smile to see a nod to Mondrian in the second 3bedroom home. Your community centre has everything the brief asked for and more.

Suggestions:
    I am truly struggling to find any suggestions as to how you could have improved this build, my only minor niggle is the size of those turrets and how they would stand with no form of support in real life.

@masajo
    This place looks completely amazing! The landscaping so thoroughly fits with the style of the buildings you have created. The exterior wall treatments you have chosen also help fit with that suburban theme. I am totally in awe with the landscaping you have created, it all looks so natural and unforced. The homes are well thought out and laid out and your use of different colour schemes to individualise them is fantastic. You have made some great object choices, and you have used just the right amount of décor items to make the homes feel lived in without feeling cluttered.

Suggestions:
    I really struggled to some up with anything that you could improve upon with this build, but I notice that there was only the one easel for the entire lot, I wonder if you could have fitted a couple more so that more than one sim at a time could paint should they have the whim.

@JasonAnthonySterling
    This place is just amazing! The exterior of the builds look fantastic and the landscaping helps with that old world feel. The back story you have created is brilliant and I found myself chuckling at some of the testimonials. Your layouts work well and your interiors match your creative backstory. You made some really great object choices at times and your object placement felt well thought out.

Suggestions:
    I feel that the roof lines could have used a little more work, those small areas of roofing on the carpenter's house felt especially forced. Perhaps a more diagonal style roof would have worked better? I also noticed that there weren’t many skill items included in the lot, which were a major part of the brief.

And The Winner Is.......

I truly couldn't pick a stand out winner this round, so I am calling a draw for @StSciurus and @masajo.

A hearty congratulations to everyone who entered this round though, it was an epic build and all your entries were amazing.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Starting Out Results for Challenge #61 - Hawthorne Project - Disaster Plan

@PersRealmsShadow

Twin Oracle Point is one fantastic creation of an epic scale. The Alaskan design is stunning with it's unique roof structures and cabin/chalet style architecture. It's great that the exterior design of each build is matching and uniform. The layout of the community is excellent, very neat and tidy and I love how you've incorporated communal areas, such as the seated, picnic and gardening places. Really love your choice of landscaping for this creation, the trees are perfect for this particular style and the flowers provide just the right amount of colour to add interest and cheeriness. The interior layout of each home is wonderful, providing spaciousness and ease of access to the rooms. It's good you've brought the exterior design inside using lots of wood to carry on with the rustic style and what a fabulous idea to create a swimming pool in the basement.

Suggestions: A few suggestions about your presentation which is important as this is taken into consideration when we are judging. Firstly, your pics are quite dark, take the shots during the day so we can see them clearer. It's good to title the pictures for ease of reference as it's sometimes quite difficult to work out what's what and where. Also please give us more pics so we get the best view of the build. Take them from different angles of each room and area. Regarding the build itself I feel each home would benefit by the use of more clutter and decoration, ie there are a lot of empty walls, particularly on the first floor of the houses, which could do with some wall hangings/pictures.

@Rangerlucy

Magnolia Village is a beautiful name for an equally beautiful creation. You have worked wonders with the Tudor style and it really feels like an olde worlde village. I absolutely love the clock tower, it's such a fantastic feature. The community is very well laid out and you have made good use of the terrain paint to create pathways leading to the houses and different community areas. The central gazebo is fabulous and a great place to play games. Wow, you really have thought of everything! My favourite area is the community garden, what a little haven this place is, looks very pretty with all the colourful plants, wishing well and statues adding elegance. The community centre is so well thought out with so much included, I love the art and music rooms. The interior designs of each house cannot be faulted and perfectly suit each of your intended families. However, I do particularly love the pink/turquoise theme of the first house, it's so vibrant and fun. Great layout to each home, which are filled with just the right amount of clutter.

Suggestions: Regarding the exterior design of the houses, I would suggest using a variety of windows as I feel there is just a little too much stained glass going on.

The Winner of this Challenge is....

@Rangerlucy

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats to @masajo, @StSciurus and @Rangerlucy!!! Some absolutely fabulous entries this time around <3<3<3
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Many thanks @FaithofKaela the entries this time were all very awesome :)
    Big thank you @BuildnShare for your wonderful words and great advice :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thank you so much, @BuildnShare , for the wonderful feedback. [And as it happens, there were corbels under each of the four towers in my build as a means of support. I should have shown them in my pictures!.]

You had five amazing builds to consider, so I know judging wasn't an easy task. Congratulations to all the winners and to everyone who entered. It is thrilling to see so much inventiveness and creativity! :smiley:
    edited February 2017
    Whoops!
    Established Results for Challenge #61 - Hawthorne Project - Disaster Plan

@Anadxer

The site plan for Oasis Disaster Relief is well thought out. The four houses and the community center are easily accessible and the common areas are beautifully landscaped. I enjoyed reading about your helpers, and I think the industrial look comes through well coordinating all five buildings with interesting wall textures. This style fits the lot in Newcrest, too. Within each house, the interiors are consistent and flow from room to room. Especially nice are all the balconies for Sims to look out from (especially in House C). The community center contains all the skill objects a Sim could want! It looks like a fun building, and I especially like the upper story pool. Wonderful work overall! :smiley:

Suggestion: Be careful how you mix modern and traditional furnishings. For the most part, you stayed with one or the other style within a room, but occasionally I saw a mix that didn’t quite work. The red house, too, was perhaps a little too red since it is a strong color. I might have used the red more sparingly. And remember to turn off the grid in your overhead shots.

@popettypop2012

What a charming idea to build the site as Japanese Housing Complex. There is a pleasing overall consistency between architecture, interior and landscaping. The site plan of the lot is efficient, and the common areas are beautifully landscaped. I love the little gazebo and natural pool in the courtyard, not to mention the strings of lanterns! Each of the houses is simply furnished with natural materials according the Japanese aesthetic, and it gives each residence a tranquility that the occupants will enjoy (and probably need after the disaster in Oasis Springs!). You have also provided the many requisite skill objects for the Sims to enjoy. :smiley: Fantastic job!

Suggestions: I looked many times, but I could not find images of the second three-bedroom house, so I have no idea if it was furnished the same way as the first house or whether you did something else. From the rooftop aerial view of the lot, it looks like it was different.

The Winner of this Challenge is....

@Anadxer
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats on your win @Anadxer!!!
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited February 2017
    @StSciurus and @masajo, CONGRATS! Great lots both!
    Post edited by Renamed2002180839 on
    Thank you, @JasonAnthonySterling ! Your build was amazing, too. :smiley:
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Many thanks @JasonAnthonySterling totally agree with @StSciurus your creation was fantastic :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited February 2017
    Congratulations @masajo @StSciurus @Rangerlucy and @Anadxer ! well done :)
    Thank you @folala ! :smiley: You were tough competition!
  • AnadxerAnadxer Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks everyone.
    00.jpg
  • AnadxerAnadxer Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks everyone.
    00.jpg
    Starting Out Results for Challenge #62 - Zero Doxy

@moniquefsa
    This place is so cute! The container build style works incredibly well for such a small build. You have done a great job with the exterior, the siding you have used is a great choice, and that little bit of ‘scaping is well done. Your interior layout is well thought out and flows well. You have made some really great object choices that have allowed you to furnish the place and add a little personal clutter, which is great on the budget you had.

Suggestions:
    I would have been tempted to keep that trellis style foundation all the way around the build, the two different styles don’t gel particularly well. Personally, I really don’t like the flooring choices you have made in the guest room and the office, both feel really bright and don’t fit well with the rest of the build. One other thing, and this is just a general piece of advice, try not to zoom out too far when you are taking your pics, it can give them a bit of a fishbowl effect which can really detract from your presentation. This is a really useful guide to tips and tricks that you can use to create brilliant presentation pics, it was created for TS3 but bridges over into TS4 nicely.

@GeekMonkey34B21
    The modern take on this brief is really well done. The front of the exterior looks amazing! Those grey bricks were a great choice. Your layout works well and I love some of the object choices you have made. Your interior palette is well thought out and helps the build feel very cohesive. Your object placement works well.

Other than the very front view, the rest of the exterior looks quite bland, I know the budget was tight, but I think had you made some different choices along the way, this could have looked much prettier. I think some of the rooms were a touch big in comparison to the furniture within them, this would have been an ideal place to try and save some money for those little finishing touches which are lacking throughout the build.

And the winner is.....

@moniquefsa
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats @moniquefsa!! Awesome build, a very well-deserved win.

@GeekMonkey34B21 - thought your build was great also!
  • LacedMetalLacedMetal Posts: 75 Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top