March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #: 1
    Forum ID: celdys0n
    Entry DL Links - SHD Home Office in the Gallery
    Sim: Liz Dyson
    Office: Southern Haven Designs
    Link to entry slideshow: http://www.slideshare.net/celdyson/southern-haven-designs
    Entry Details: I went online to search for a home and found a very unique one that I just had to build. After redesigning the interior on graph paper, I went onto the game and built the house within two hours. The landscaping took another hour and the interior decorating took an hour. All in all, I enjoyed creating the home office. My favorite parts of the house are the backyard, the balcony windows and the study area on the second floor. The lot worth is S111,742 and size is 30x20 with 1 bedroom and 1 1/2 bath. Residential Lot.
    Credit for CC/Recolors: noCC
    Post edited by celdys0n on
    Is anyone else still having issues with the gallery? I have tried a few different hashtags, even the ts4lb hashtag and I am getting "No Results Found".
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    celdys0n wrote: »
    Is anyone else still having issues with the gallery? I have tried a few different hashtags, even the ts4lb hashtag and I am getting "No Results Found".

Just tried right now, and that's what I got, too. :( It's kind of bumming me out.
  • QuelsimmyQuelsimmy Posts: 531 Member
    Gallery defaultly shows Maxis content, you need to selected "All"
    374Coop wrote: »
    Check your settings on the left. I noticed last night it was defaulting to "Maxis" not "all"

Took a look in Tech forum and found this.

Thank you @Quelsimmy
  • DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Posts: 371 Member
    I hope this will help explain how to find the entrants. Please make sure when you are tagging your entry that your spelling is exact. "buildnshare" and "buildnshare1" (for this entry). I saw one entry has "buildnhare" (missing the s)

howtosearch1_zps9554d47f.jpg
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member

Make sure that the filter top left is set to all instead of maxis ;). I noticed it reverts back to maxis from time to time....
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I'm going to try this! :)
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member

Make sure that the filter top left is set to all instead of maxis ;). I noticed it reverts back to maxis from time to time....

Thanks for the heads up on this! I had set it to "All" the first time I used the Gallery and never thought to see if it would revert back - I thought it would just stay where I set it. LOL That's what I get for assuming...because you all know what happens when you assume. ;)
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #: BuildnShare01
    Forum ID: RachelRosebud
    Entry DL Links - Download from Gallery (OriginID: GirlzillaGC)
    Sim: Scarlet Firecracker
    Office: Firecracker Designs (Office Building: "Firecracker Library")
    Link to entry slideshow: slideshare.net/RachelRosebud/firecracker-buildnshare01-by-rachelrosebud
    Entry Details: 30 by 20 lot for ~85k simoleons. Community Lot (Library). Main office for Firecracker Designs is on first floor. (TV resized using Shift + ] --> downloading from Gallery may not transfer size). Modern design with main color themes being magenta, teal, blacks and whites. Three floors. Garden patio on second floor. Over 60 images in slide show! Play-tested. Consider myself Intermediate build level.
    Credit for CC/Recolors: No CC used.

I had a blast building this! I made it a library lot so it serves some gameplay purposes. Sims 4 is so fun :) Thank you to the people hosting this challenge. This is my first time doing something like this. I love seeing everyone's builds and can't wait to try them in my game. So far I downloaded the @Davlan Cloud9Designs. So beautiful! Can't wait to see what other builds people will share. Thanks for reading and commenting. Please favorite my build in the Gallery if you like it! <3

Also, if you'd like to read more about Scarlet Firecracker, please go here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/777119/scarlet-firecracker-screenshots-gameplay Thank you :)
  • benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    I fixed mine so the lot should show up in both #buildnshare and #buildnshare1, thank you DesiiAnowor for pointing out the "s" was missing. Guess I should check more carefully :D
    Four hours later... I have my very own entry. Yay!

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Forum ID: Rawla
    Entry DL Links - Download from Gallery (ID: Rawla)
    Sim: Rawla Simyth
    Office: Rawla Creations
    Link to entry slideshow: Rawla's Build N' Share Challenges
    Entry Details: Rawla prefers to work from the comfort of her own home. She welcomes clients to make themselves at home. The only room in the home not open to visitors is her bedroom. It has one bedroom, one bathroom, eat-in kitchen. There is a small bar and a coat rack in the front room to the left and a woodworking bench and easel and waiting couch to the right. There is a cookout in the back yard with a picnic table and grill. Also out back is a play toy for the kids to climb on while their parents are talking over business in the main office area of the home. The office is the centerpiece and Rawla spends most of her time there. It doubles as her living room. She does not own a TV but does enjoy reading from time to time and researching new architectural plans on the web.
    Credit for CC/Recolors: No CC
  • onikisuonikisu Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Question, is the slideshow mandatory, because if not I want to submit right now

edit: Never mind
  • shenice93shenice93 Posts: 150 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Forum ID: shenice93
    Entry DL Links - In gallery under ID: Shenice93 or #Shencie93
    Sim: Veronica La'More
    Office: La'More Design Studio
    Link to entry slideshow: La'More Design Studio
    Entry Details: This is a community lot priced at around 94k Simoleans. It has a main office for Veronica with her own private bathroom, a smaller studio with desks for her intern/rookie designers, two reception/waiting areas (one for general, the second for the designers themselves), a consultation room used by her employees, a half bath for guest, and a patio decked out for entertaining clients at parties.
    Credit for CC/Recolors:

-Veronica's Eyes are by @xox_sugarlips_xox and can be found here.
    -This lot has several plants that were re-sized using Shift + [ or ]
    -This lot uses two lamps from the Sims 3 rewards.

My build level is Intermediate.
    Visit my tumblr for all my custom content creations: the-stories-sims-tell.tumblr.com
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Forum ID: KitOnlyHuman
    Entry DL Links - Gallery ID: KitOnlyHuman
    Sim: Shana DuVale (and her assistant Penny Stocks)
    Office: Shana's Shambles
    Link to entry slideshow: Shana's Shambles
    Entry Details: This lot was built on a 20x15 lot as a generic community building. I've converted it to residential for the screenshots with Shana and her assistant. It is livable with television, bookshelf, bath, and kitchenette area.
    Credit for CC/Recolors: No CC on Lot, CC on Sims by KitOnlyHuman

Edited: I am a beginner. I've only built maybe 10 lots in my life. XD
    Official Entry Form
    Forum ID: onikisu
    Entry DL Links - Gallery ID: onikisu
    Sim: Shawn Storms and Linda Walker
    Office: Onyx Design Co. 2
    Link to Slide Show: Can't "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links."
    Entry Details: This lot is a 20x30 condominium with a play area, waiting room, 2 offices, studio apartment, attic, and outdoor living area.
    No CC's were used while making the house or the characters.
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    @onikisu Could you maybe post your link on our facebook page? or you could post it on here without the "https://&quot; part :)

Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
    edited September 2014
    Ok I'll try

*edit* imgur.com/a/pYi16#0
  • HippieMama2HippieMama2 Posts: 240 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Forum ID: HippieMama2

Entry DL Links -
    Sim: Nedbetter
    Office: Home Office

Link to entry slideshow: Nedbetter Designs

I am very much a beginner builder. I enjoyed completing this challenge and I look forward to participating in future challenges

Entry Details:
    Nedbetter Designs is a home-based design firm.
    1 bedroom
    1 bathroom
    Home office
    30x20 lot with total cost of $66,747

Credit for CC/Recolors: None
  • vgmusicbookwormvgmusicbookworm Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited September 2014
    Considering the first house I built in Sims 4 was the ugliest house I've ever built... *bookmarks thread*

Just to clarify though, we don't have to partake every week and we don't necessarily have to make up the ones we missed correct?

Edit: Oh and one more question! What are the recommendations for posting the slideshow? I used to have a blog when I did Sims 3, but for the life of me can't get back into it. Or is there a photo hosting site you'd prefer us to use? (it's been so long since I've done sims.)
    Considering the first house I built in Sims 4 was the ugliest house I've ever built... *bookmarks thread*<br />
    <br />
    Just to clarify though, we don't have to partake every week and we don't necessarily have to make up the ones we missed correct?<br />
    <br />
    Edit: Oh and one more question! What are the recommendations for posting the slideshow? I used to have a blog when I did Sims 3, but for the life of me can't get back into it. Or is there a photo hosting site you'd prefer us to use? (it's been so long since I've done sims.)

You can pick and choose which challenges you wish to participate in. I started a blog for my entries. :)

• DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    Considering the first house I built in Sims 4 was the ugliest house I've ever built... *bookmarks thread*<br />
    <br />
    Just to clarify though, we don't have to partake every week and we don't necessarily have to make up the ones we missed correct?<br />
    <br />

Your choosing. There are many chooses for your pics. Even just cloud stores like onedrive work. You can see pics in a folder through a slideshow.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Building/Decorating Houses/Lots is what drew me to The Sims in the first place. I can't believe I've never heard of these challenges until now! o.O

I've built tons of homes over the years beginning with TS1 on thru TS2, but never worked up the courage to share any. I'm working on an entry right now though because this sounds like fun!

Hope I can finish by the deadline. TS4 build mode is so different, but I'm gradually getting the hang of it. :)
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Forum ID: Carewren123
    Entry DL Links - My ID in the Gallery is also carewren123.
    Sims: Architect-Jen Heady Designer- Nissie Dernburger
    Office:Precise by Design
    Link to entry slideshow: imgur.com/a/Mxhta#1
    Entry Details: I built a home office for my design team. 1st floor is primarily for the business. 2nd for is where most of the living space is located. This was my first build in the Sims 4. Lot value when I finished building was 107,481 (I always use motherlode on my first build :smile: ) . Lot size is 30x20. 2 bedrooms. 1 1/2 baths.
    Credit for CC/Recolors: no CC used
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited September 2014
    Edited in newer post
    Post edited by Greenowl77 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top