Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the Point of Buying This Game? What's the Hook?

Comments

• Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited July 2014
    Darkslayer wrote:
    I actually quite like him when he's being nice and amicable. But I despise him when I see behaviour from him like I have tonight - his actions have probably caused another simmer to get banned. It's difficult. I've seen him be a good person and I wish he'd stay like that more often.
    Excuse me darkslayer but do you know what Simmerfreak called me? Did you even look in that thread I linked to? He has been horrible to me for months.

And I like you too.

I did see the thread. I can't comment on the "months" because I hadn't seen it and they were also claiming you were doing the same. All I saw was you intentionally goading someone to the point where they completely lost it, if I got the wrong end of the stick here that's fine but if you really are Innuendo then I know enough about your posting history to know that it wouldn't be out of character for you to make another simmer go nuclear.

Seriously; you're a nice person when you're just goofing around being your off-topic and fabulous self and I like that part of you - you've given me a good chuckle before now with some of your threads. Why does it always have to end with something horrible or a self-detonation?

It's kind of a shame you know?

I won't lie, I only caught the tail end of that thread, I read what I could to try and figure out what was going on and I feel very bitter about the way things went down.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:
    1 Emotions. No other Sims in other iterations never had them. If you think that you're quite obviously blind. Maybe you like playing with stale robotic barbie dolls. I'm frankly tired of doing so.

2 More interactions and things to do than any base game so far. If all the ways and interactions provided in that teenie tiny sample in the demo video is any indicator of just how many new interactions and details within interactions can go per object and Sim, you can bet this is the fullest//most alive base game we've ever gotten.

3 The graphics have a major improvement. As does routing. So many little things have been fixed and improved upon so that the game feels tons more cohesive and fun without the aggravation of a cold, dead empty world and glitchified game play in every corner.

4 Genetics. No TS3 did not have it. You either got carbon copies of the parents or something so alien you wonder how it even happened. The genetics are more true in TS4 and that's very obvious to anybody with eyes.

But none these are new.

Emotions have been in the game since TS2. All the sims I have made always had character and emotion, and it was very clear what they were thinking. I don't know what game you were playing, but my game was very full of life.

What new interactions? I've seen nothing new about this game. It's all recycled, polished up things from previous games, and stamping "new & improved" on it, when it isn't.

The graphics are an improvement? That lego hair is an improvement? The painted on eyelashes, are an improvement? The world looks too utopian, and too perfect; just like a cartoon. It looked like Barbie's Dreamhouse. The brightness is nauseating, and the terrain is fuzzy/blurry.

Glithces/bugs is something you can never escape. This game will have bugs/glitches. EVERY GAME DOES! What make you think that this game will be any different? TS3 took 5 years to make, and there are bugs. This game took, excluding Olympus, two years to make. Two years is not enough time for a fully fleshed out game. The game comes out in a month, and they still haven't finished bug testing. That's an issue. :?

Genetics ARE NOT NEW! This is not a new feature! They were new when TS2 came out! Anyone who played TS2 can tell you. TS2 genetics were much better than TS3, and the kids actually looked perfectly meshed. Genetics are not new.

What is new? I have never heard anyone say what is actually, genuinely, new. What is something we have never seen, in all previous games? And graphics don't count. I'll be waiting for someone to tell me what is brand new. Waiting... :?

Yup. And yet they will still right out of the box market it as "for the first time ever in Sims 4..*fill in the blank*"....well,yeah, duh. :?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    Waiting... :?
    I remember when you used to troll as BasedGoodness. :lol:

Yes, and I remember when you used to troll using Letter_M, CaliPier, Innuendo_21, Simmuendo, Black_Plumbob, and now...this new one?

I'd hope you'd stop trolling by now, as it's clearly been effecting you financially, since you have to buy new base games, just to register on these forums. And all for trolling? Seems a bit extensive, don't you think?
  • Options
    PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    edited July 2014
    I remember when you used to troll as BasedGoodness.

I'm not getting involved but this made me laugh so much. Just imagining a troll club, some turned good but can't leave their dark pasts behind them :lol:
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited July 2014
    @MsPhy (partially. A lot of this is directed at everyone).

I can tell there are two different definitions of "hook" at play here. Neither is wrong, just different.

Your personal "hook" is what is drawing you, as an individual, toward the game.

My meaning of "hook", however, focuses on: "what's new?" I just don't see any "new" features in Sims 4 that are worth taking the plunge for. There doesn't seem to be some big improvement like Open World or Aging (think of how innovative those were in their time for the Sims series!).

With Sims 4, all we get are "emotions" and a "tactile, innovative version of CAS!".

Emotions have always existed. I'm sorry, they have. It might not have been spelled out in large letters across the screen that our Sims are feeling "Angry" or "Hysterical", but we've been able to tell. A lot of people say Sims 3 is soulless. Fine. What about Sims 2, though? Everyone rants and raves about how vibrant and quirky those Sims were!

So then I guess the only "new" feature is CAS. But is this really "new"? Every Sims title thus far has improved on CAS. So I don't really see the new CAS as a "new" feature. I see it as an improvement of an old feature.

So then what do we have? What's the new, never-before-seen "hook" that Sims 4 purports to offer?
    Now THIS I can respond to. If you'd started your OP out this way rather than by insulting people for feeling a certain way, you would've gotten a lot more responses.

Emotions and interactions are the "hook" (as someone else mentioned). You can claim that we had them previously (it's been so long since I played TS2, I can't give much input about their emotions) but in TS3, at least, emotions consisted of usually 1 main animation followed by an icon moodlet telling you your sim is still feeling a certain way for x amount of time. TS4 is changing it so that your sims have more body language and facial expressions to show their emotions rather than just a moodlet icon. The animations will last, for the most part (as far as I've read and seen) as long as the sim feels that way. To me that's huge but that's because my main disappointment with previous sims games were how emotions were handled--we got moodlets and some short animations but 10 minutes later in sims time and my sim is chatting happily with Jane Sim while his moodlet shows that he's still sad for the next 6 hours over the loss of his first pet. I want to see my sim's emotions, not just read about them.

As for interactions, your sims can now interact with some objects based on their moods. The can also multitask in ways we haven't seen before (teach or talk to someone while you're painting; sit and watch tv while you're eating).

Those are the hooks. You may or may not like them but that's what they are. EA's biggest problem now is marketing them in a way that convinces past customers they're worth the trade off of the missing elements.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    StoreAccountStoreAccount Posts: 1,504 Member
    edited July 2014
    Darkslayer wrote:
    I did see the thread. I can't comment on the "months" because I hadn't seen it and they were also claiming you were doing the same. All I saw was you intentionally goading someone to the point where they completely lost it, if I got the wrong end of the stick here that's fine but if you really are Innuendo then I know enough about your posting history to know that it wouldn't be out of character for you to make another simmer go nuclear.

Seriously; you're a nice person when you're just goofing around being your off-topic and fabulous self and I like that part of you - you've given me a good chuckle before now with some of your threads. Why does it always have to end with something horrible or a self-detonation?

I won't lie, I only caught the tail end of that thread, I read what I could to try and figure out what was going on and I feel very bitter about the way things went down.
    I have a self-destructive trait. I do it in real life with my friends and relationships and hobbies too. I like things to end on a bad note so I can start again with good intentions, like a fresh start, so I think it will "erase" what I did before. But I just end up doing it again. 8)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:

Yes, and I remember when you used to troll using Letter_M, CaliPier, Innuendo_21, Simmuendo, Black_Plumbob, and now...this new one?

I'd hope you'd stop trolling by now, as it's clearly been effecting you financially, since you have to buy new base games, just to register on these forums. And all for trolling? Seems a bit extensive, don't you think?
    At least I'm honest about my past. And you know you don't a base game to register, you can use any EP or SP.
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    edited July 2014
    sorry can't afford it plus not sure if it'll work on my laptop
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2014
    Darkslayer wrote:

I have a self-destructive trait. I do it in real life with my friends and relationships and hobbies too. I like things to end on a bad note so I can start again with good intentions, like a fresh start, so I think it will "erase" what I did before. But I just end up doing it again. 8)

I think you have it in you to be better than that. Give it a try.

Truth. No joke, no sarcasm. I know, you probably dislike me intensely but that's okay, I don't know you at all except what you what post here, so I'm not really losing anything if you dislike me. But what you gain, is being a better person. So it's a good trade off. :-)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:

At least I'm honest about my past. And you know you don't a base game to register, you can use any EP or SP.

And I'm not honest? I admitted it awhile back. Where have you been? :lol:

In fact, I wouldn't really call it a troll account because I only did for one night. Then I stopped. I trolled for maybe 3 hours, while you've been trolling for years. So...

And this happened a little more than a year ago, so why are bringing up old news?

• Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:
    Maybe someone should define "hook." To me, that sounds like fishing and what kind of bait you use. If you bait the hook with open world and CASt, you get one kind of fish. If you bait the hook with emotions, rotational gameplay, and genetics, you get another kind of fish. Some fish like both kinds of bait. Maybe some like one better than the other but will take both.

So tell me, when you say "hook," what do you mean if not that?
    I concluded it's what OP meant because of:
    I There's no big STEP FORWARD in the Sims 4.

If you point out there must be something shiny about a game I perfectly understand you, but it's not a step forward, objectively.
    Because to me Sims 3 shines brighter than Sims 4 does so far. So this is personal ;-)
    OP also points out the hooks of the prequels and they are objective features, not preferences.
    UtaDagda wrote:
    4 Genetics. No TS3 did not have it. You either got carbon copies of the parents or something so alien you wonder how it even happened. The genetics are more true in TS4 and that's very obvious to anybody with eyes.
    It is? I haven't seen examples of that yet, have you?
    It is true however in Sims 3 females can make hideous males and vice versa (which explains the aliens you mention). This is handled much much much better in S4 (and I can't tell you how happy I am about that). It means no more monsters will be born.
    That however has nothing to do with genetics. I'll skip the carbon copies because you're completely right there and it's very irritating.
    But in my game children are born with hair- and eye colours I introduced several generations ago (from (grant)parent to (grant)child) and if you create your sims carefully - which means always check what your sim will look like in the opposite gender - you can achieve very satisfying mixes of both parents.

Main point: genetics work fine. Children always inherit the features of their parents.

Well in MY experience of TS3 genetics never worked, I consider it non existent. There's no way genetics systems are supposed to produce exact replicas of the parents or "monster" Sims. In the genetics of TS4 the Sims actually look related without being replicas. I isn't broken like the "genetics" in TS3.

And no I don't want to have to flip between male and female just to figure out if a child will look as if they realistically come from the parent without getting any weird features because that in itself is broken. :( In CAS demo I never had this to happen. Sims changing from male to female looked correct. ((Something I can never achieve in TS3))
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    I think you have it in you to be better than that. Give it a try.

Truth. No joke, no sarcasm. I know, you probably dislike me intensely but that's okay, I don't know you at all except what you what post here, so I'm not really losing anything if you dislike me. But what you gain, is being a better person. So it's a good trade off. :-)
    Thank you. :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:

In fact, I wouldn't really call it a troll account because I only did for one night. Then I stopped. I trolled for maybe 3 hours, while you've been trolling for years. So...

And this happened a little more than a year ago, so why are bringing up old news?
    Since you always bring up my past.
  • Options
    j00eyj00ey Posts: 57 New Member
    edited July 2014

I just don't get it. What is the APPEAL of buying this game??

Emotions. And probably the online experience that has been dropped.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't really see anything about this game that wows me. The few minutes of game play didn't really show enough to help make a decision whether to buy or not. Right now I probably won't buy it unless I can get it cheap off of Ebay a little later on.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:

Since you always bring up my past.
    ???

I only brought up your past because you brought out mine first. :?
  • Options
    Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited July 2014
    I personally think these questions are useless. Why do people get so agitated by other people's personal choices? Some people are excited for Sims 4 and some are not. Accept it and move forward. I understand being curious, but the curiosity sounds like it stems from a personal issue. Those who are not interested in the game feel justified in their lack of interested feelings, but also feel the need to ponder why others would be interested as if there is some form of insecurity underlying their own uninterested emotions. Who cares. You either like it or you don't. And, if you don't like it, then don't worry about those that do. Just go about your merry way. People add unnecessary stress and drama to their lives over such trivial matters. I understand this is a community, but its also a split community in which some adapt and move forward and others chose not to. That is the nature of life. Electronic games do the same thing. After Sims 4, there maybe a Sims 5 and if not. Oh well. Play your old games or find a new one. Life moves on.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited July 2014
    Here's my defense. As a long term fan of The Sims we've seen the past generation games at its best and it's worst. We've grown to love these little characters seeing them go through all sorts of changes good or bad. I agree that from the beginning there was always room for improvement. TS2 did come with a "mind blowing" hook which was the fact it was in 3D and there were many new features added to the game. TS3 carried the torch by introducing CAsT and an open world. Now TS4 is coming and this is where things are going from bad to worse with backtracks in features and assumed basics being removed and even the Gurus being hush hush about any of the features in the game and leaving fans in the dark for 8 months. But what I think many are not realizing is that this is a NEW game.

The Gurus said from the beginning that these are NEW sims and they are rebuilding everything from the ground up. What that means is yes certain features we've been accustomed to may or may not make it in the game later down the line but with a new NEW game comes NEW possibilities that we may never have expected. Sure we don't understand why they've stripped the game of certain features even basics like life stages or pools. And we can list all of the things that aren't there but we can't list the things that are because we still don't know enough to judge the game as a whole. I'm not justifying what the Gurus or the PR is or isn't doing I'm simply saying that something good is going to come out of it. I don't know what but they manage to surprise me with some pretty kick *** features.

For those who don't agree that's okay you don't have to be part of the game if you don't want to. It's perfectly okay. For every one player who doesn't get the game i'm betting there are 1,000 other players who will. No one is forcing you to buy the game. You can stick with TS3 if that's what makes you happy. You can play it till the ends of time if you want but just know that they will eventually stop supporting the game soon and the store and site will close down at some point because they've already stopped creating worlds. What's left is content that will probably go on sale which to me sounds like the second warning of the site closing. I'm not trying to discourage just stating fact that the site will run as long as it possibly can until TS4 has at least 2 Eps and maybe a SP. But that's just a guess.

Now, my reason for getting the game is not because i've been a long term fan since the beginning but because I am very curious about what has changed other than the things mentioned. The game is different in every way so it's not continuing the story lines we know since the first Sims game. I want to know what I can do differently than what I did in previous games. This game may or may not be predictable and who knows? Maybe there are some surprises in this game we're not aware of. I want this game because it gives me and I'm sure many other players out there who are willing to give this game a chance, the opportunity to start over and see where this game takes us.

1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited July 2014
    As a hopeless fan girl (very accurate word, by the way, haha!) I'm looking forward to a lot of things from TS4! When I played Sims games in the past, I played for the characters and their stories, not to mention the stories I could create with my own characters...and the funny things I could make them do! I played to make different Sims with interesting stories.

Once TS3 came through, I found that really difficult. I don't know why, but...something about it just didn't feel as magical. It had an open world, yes, and it added a lot of great elements to the franchise, but I never really cared about that, you know? It was fun and I enjoyed it (I sunk way too much money into it in hindsight, I think), but not as fun, nor as memorable as TS2/TS1/any other Sims game I've ever played ever.

But it looks like TS4 is going to be different. I think I can expect the same "magical" experience. I won't feel like I'm watching my Sim do the dishes for the one-millionth time, or watching them walk to the grocery store. I can watch them ride in a space ship and hang out with their friends and actually look like they're having a fun time! And I haven't played the game yet, with my characters and their stories. I can't wait!

I don't play games to simulate reality, I play them to escape it. A bit unhealthy, sure, but it's the way I choose to play. That is why I'm looking forward to TS4, because it looks to be offering everything I could have personally wanted from a Sims game. :)
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Well in MY experience of TS3 genetics never worked, I consider it non existent. There's no way genetics systems are supposed to produce exact replicas of the parents or "monster" Sims. In the genetics of TS4 the Sims actually look related without being replicas. I isn't broken like the "genetics" in TS3.

And no I don't want to have to flip between male and female just to figure out if a child will look as if they realistically come from the parent without getting any weird features because that in itself is broken. :( In CAS demo I never had this to happen. Sims changing from male to female looked correct. ((Something I can never achieve in TS3))
    I think to some extend we agree, there is something terribly wrong with the basics of the sims in S3.
    Which causes my females always have very pointy noses and a rather square jawline. Because I don't want the men to have a huge turnip on their faces instead of a nose and a weak, round chin.

But when you talk about genetics: everything in the faces of offspring is enherited (and that's the definition of genetics isn't it?).
    Example (love examples and no, I didn't make this pictures for this topic, I'm crazy enough to have done this for each of my generations because I like the genetics :oops: ):

8414925_orig.png

Frances (the daughter) inherited mouth, jawline and nose from her mother (and her hair), and her father's eyes (although the colour is her mother's).
    This makes her a mix of both parents doesn't it?
    (and I don't think she's a monster)

I like to try out what kind of baby's my sims are going to have (I'm sure I will keep doing so in Sims 4).
    I agree with you though it's a nuisance having to constantly check the male/female look in CAS, but I do it anyway.
    Because I don't want to play with hideous monsters and I do like playing generations ;-)
    But again: this feature is certainly improved in S4, it was just done very very poorly in S3.
    It has nothing to do with genetics though: inheriting features of parents. It's not the genetics that are broken, it's the discrepancy between males and females in the game that can cause strange outcomes.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:

I think to some extend we agree, there is something terribly wrong with the basics of the sims in S3.
    Which causes my females always have very pointy noses and a rather square jawline. Because I don't want the men to have a huge turnip on their faces instead of a nose and a weak, round chin.

But when you talk about genetics: everything in the faces of offspring is enherited (and that's the definition of genetics isn't it?).
    Example (love examples and no, I didn't make this pictures for this topic, I'm crazy enough to have done this for each of my generations because I like the genetics :oops: ):

8414925_orig.png

Frances (the daughter) inherited mouth, jawline and nose from her mother (and her hair), and her father's eyes.
    This makes her a mix of both parents doesn't it?
    (and I don't think she's a monster)

I like to try out what kind of baby's my sims are going to have (I'm sure I will keep doing so in Sims 4).
    I agree with you though it's a nuisance having to constantly check the male/female look in CAS, but I do it anyway.
    Because I don't want to play with hideous monsters and I do like playing generations ;-)
    But again: this feature is certainly improved in S4, it was just done very very poorly in S3.
    It just has nothing to with genetics, inheriting features of parents. It's not the genetics that are broken, it's the discrepancy between males and females in the game that can cause strange outcomes.

That example looks all most like a carbon copy of the mom....That's what I'm talking about. In real genetics you don't just have completely the shape of one parent with maybe the eyes being completely the shape of the other....It's unrealistic. In TS4 I see subtle variances that make them look related without just dumping out a copy of one parent or a copy of one and maybe MAYBE one color or exact feature of the other. It actually blends the parents. Sometimes yes you'll have one that looks mostly exactly like mom or dad ((But with enough differences to not be copies)) but in most other cases you have blended features without copy//paste.

That nice blending especially noticeable when Graham was making Teen and Child offspring with the african american lady in the In-CAS genetics demo. It really looks like actual genetics you'd see happen in real world. And I do believe those traits an blends impact all future gen of TS4 Sims. Such as blond appearing after skipping a gen, or a certain face feature.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    That example looks all most like a carbon copy of the mom....That's what I'm talking about. In real genetics you don't just have completely the shape of one parent with maybe the eyes being completely the shape of the other....It's unrealistic. In TS4 I see subtle variances that make them look related without just dumping out a copy of one parent or a copy of one and maybe MAYBE one color or exact feature of the other. It actually blends the parents. Sometimes yes you'll have one that looks mostly exactly like mom or dad ((But with enough differences to not be copies)) but in most other cases you have blended features without copy//paste.

That nice blending especially noticeable when Graham was making Teen and Child offspring with the african american lady in the In-CAS genetics demo. It really looks like actual genetics you'd see happen in real world. And I do believe those traits an blends impact all future gen of TS4 Sims. Such as blond appearing after skipping a gen, or a certain face feature.
    No, this is almost a carbon copy:

6124793_orig.png

Her eyes are completely different and that makes her a different girl.
    Of course the genetics are primitive, it's always eyes, ears, mouth, nose and jawline that are copied and with some luck those mix.
    My only complaint is I think it should always mix, there are far too many copycats born in my game (Frances' elder brother and sister were real copycats of their mother for instance).
    It's Sims, not realitiy. If this was different in S2 I'd like to see.

I've tried the genetic tool in the demo, I only see eyes made a bit smaller or larger, or a completely different mouth.
    And it's not mixing two parents what we can do yet, I 'm really curious how that will be handled.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd rather donate $70 to a worthy cause (like World Wildlife Fund) than waste it on this parody of what the sims games are supposed to be about. Even if they develop a Mac version, I will never buy this joke of a game. I really didn't see what was so funny about the pee part of the gameplay video, maybe because I outgrew that so called humor when I was 5. Who is Sims 4 geared for, immature young adult males!? And then add on the rumored Premium monthly fee. Seriously, can we say rip off!? The Sims franchise nickel and dimeing is starting to resemble the in game purchase garbage apps you find in the Apple App Store!
  • Options
    CappyStuckCappyStuck Posts: 55 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oh emotions :roll:.

Because the Sims have never had THOSE before.
    Well, No. Not quite. there were moodlets and a general mood bar that was effected by needs but not actual emotions and not as many.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been silently watching new information about Sims 4 trickle in for months now. When I first heard it was released, I think I was just about as excited as everyone else. Cynical? Maybe. But still excited. But now it seems that with each batch of information that's been released about this newest installment to my once beloved Sims franchise, my interest only wanes and wanes.

I just don't get it. What is the APPEAL of buying this game??

I'm genuinely asking this to all of you who squeal with delight at each new trinket of information that is released. I'm baffled by your excitement. I don't see the "hook" of this game.

Each new Sims title, thus far, has brought us something new, something big.
    -Sims 2: Aging, new life stages. HUGE improvement
    -Sims 3: Open world, CASt
    -Sims 4:...prettier Sims?

I don't get it. Yes, I think the graphics are improved. Big deal? There's no big STEP FORWARD in the Sims 4. No new innovative hook. CAS is improved...but so what? That's not enough for me to actually see the point of buying a 70 new game and 300 dollars worth of expansions and what have you. Shoot, more features are being TAKEN OUT of Sims 4 than are being added IN!

So, to all you hopeless fan girls and boys, I ask you this: why in 7 h***s are you bothering to buy this shameless cash-grab of a game?

Sorry I can't find the hook. Yeah I am not going to buy it. They lost me this go round. Even my 12 year old out grew potty humor.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?