May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New anyone else get their demo code today? (old forum was messed up)

Comments

• Options
    Addicted2FashionAddicted2Fashion Posts: 507 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am hoping for a reply from the Guru's. :lol:
    2hhjii1.png
    2dlpsog.png

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,118 Member
    edited July 2014
    Maybe Friday as it will be the 1st?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited July 2014
    2hhjii1.png

N'aww... :(
  • Options
    Addicted2FashionAddicted2Fashion Posts: 507 Member
    edited July 2014

N'aww... :(

They probably won't reply me anyway :P
    2dlpsog.png

• Options
    AralyneAralyne Posts: 64 Member
    edited July 2014
    I really don't see why they can't just send out the next wave/batch of demos to those who have signed up since some people who originally got the demo a while back have already made and uploaded videos of the demo contents. Bugs/glitches/whatever have also been pointed out as well. I mean, seriously, there's even CC being made for the demo! There is literally no reason not to give access to the demo to everyone at this point.

And even if there are bugs/glitches still to be found, surely it's easier to identify them when there are more people using the demo? Meeeh... EA logic hurts my brain :?
  • Options
    BBadictBBadict Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014
    Aralyne wrote:
    I really don't see why they can't just send out the next wave/batch of demos to those who have signed up since some people who originally got the demo a while back have already made and uploaded videos of the demo contents. Bugs/glitches/whatever have also been pointed out as well. I mean, seriously, there's even CC being made for the demo! There is literally no reason not to give access to the demo to everyone at this point.

And even if there are bugs/glitches still to be found, surely it's easier to identify them when there are more people using the demo? Meeeh... EA logic hurts my brain :?

EA and logic don't belong in the same sentence.
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited July 2014
    It would be funny if the public demo is the exact same copy as the beta given through invitations. Because then what the heck was the point of time-gating it in the first place?

• Options
    veggiveggi Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2014
    Gillie wrote:
    It would be funny if the public demo is the exact same copy as the beta given through invitations. Because then what the heck was the point of time-gating it in the first place?

They did rollout at least one update, so if we do get the demo, I'd think we'd get the most up to date version.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    veggi wrote:
    Gillie wrote:

They did rollout at least one update, so if we do get the demo, I'd think we'd get the most up to date version.

What was the update and when? Because mine hasn't changed at all to me. I have checked clothes, hairstyles, and everything. I would assume updates are for better performance reasons or something, but I must have missed anything new about it because I don't see anything new.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JamieWentz21JamieWentz21 Posts: 196 Member
    edited July 2014
    I believe there were three updates. The Sims Community showed a picture on twitter each update
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for clarifying that. I wouldn't have known since I don't use Twitter nor have the demo.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well. It's 4:00
  • Options
    JamieWentz21JamieWentz21 Posts: 196 Member
    edited July 2014
    Forum is quiet at 415 that's weird....
  • Options
    phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    edited July 2014
    Forum is quiet at 415 that's weird....

Not much to talk about with the game really. No demo, Creators' Camp is embargoed, not really any news ever.
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • Options
    Hallonsaft11Hallonsaft11 Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited July 2014
    We have lost hope, there´s better things to do in life which brings more joy. :P

A good cup of coffee is always best served together with someone you like
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    edited July 2014
    21:45 here in the UK. Email checked and nothing. :cry:
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    MenshleeMenshlee Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2014
    I didn't get the demo, did anyone else?
  • Options
    ArachneArachne Posts: 238 Member
    edited July 2014
    We have lost hope, there´s better things to do in life which brings more joy. :P

True. I'm bored right now, though.
  • Options
    Hallonsaft11Hallonsaft11 Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited July 2014
    Arachne wrote:

Me too for now. :P
    But there´s a carneval in town right now soI´m going out with a friend in a few minutes. :D

A good cup of coffee is always best served together with someone you like
  • Options
    haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2014
    mpdrei wrote:
    SimGuruHydra just posted this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/766707.page

Guys, I have a random thought. I'm not saying this is the case, but just a casual "what if?".

With the way this is worded, it's making me wonder....what if we were thinking about this wrong? What I mean is, what if SimGuruHydra is saying like these past 2 weeks and handful of days were the ENROLLMENT period for the early access? As in, starting on the 31st, that's when the approx. two weeks of waves START? :shock:

Sure the wording would've been incredibly misleading all this time, and frustrating since the gurus haven't been clear on it all, but wouldn't it make sense? That would be why almost no one who signed up got the demo. The ones who got the demo right after signing up might've been rare coincidences, or perhaps even a few of them lied just to stir us up. (I'm not accusing anyone specifically in this situation of lying, I'm just pointing out that it's technically possible for someone to do it) It would also explain why random people who don't even PLAY Sims were still getting the demo during that period. Not to mention lately we've been hearing "SOON!" a little bit more often. :?

Again, this is probably NOT the case, but it makes me wonder. It amuses me. :lol:
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thats how I feel thinking about the CAS demo

tumblr_lj02grWfkj1qakh43o1_400.gif
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ArachneArachne Posts: 238 Member
    edited July 2014
    Arachne wrote:

Me too for now. :P
    But there´s a carneval in town right now soI´m going out with a friend in a few minutes. :D

Lucky!

I think I'll start reading Telling Lies for Fun and Profit after a bit. No it's not about EA. :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,475 Member
    edited July 2014
    Why is there no waves today after them telling us to sign up? Sigh I guess it s tomorrow.
  • Options
    phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    edited July 2014
    Why is there no waves today after them telling us to sign up? Sigh I guess it s tomorrow.

Cause they're just not going to give it out. "Soon" in EA time is weeks away. We'll still be sitting here waiting on it probably at least until the 12th.
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • Options
    KatalanMoonKatalanMoon Posts: 51 New Member
    edited July 2014
    mpdrei wrote:
    SimGuruHydra just posted this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/766707.page

Guys, I have a random thought. I'm not saying this is the case, but just a casual "what if?".

With the way this is worded, it's making me wonder....what if we were thinking about this wrong? What I mean is, what if SimGuruHydra is saying like these past 2 weeks and handful of days were the ENROLLMENT period for the early access? As in, starting on the 31st, that's when the approx. two weeks of waves START? :shock:

Sure the wording would've been incredibly misleading all this time, and frustrating since the gurus haven't been clear on it all, but wouldn't it make sense? That would be why almost no one who signed up got the demo. The ones who got the demo right after signing up might've been rare coincidences, or perhaps even a few of them lied just to stir us up. (I'm not accusing anyone specifically in this situation of lying, I'm just pointing out that it's technically possible for someone to do it) It would also explain why random people who don't even PLAY Sims were still getting the demo during that period. Not to mention lately we've been hearing "SOON!" a little bit more often. :?

Again, this is probably NOT the case, but it makes me wonder. It amuses me. :lol:

Except that on the sign up sheet, it says: "If you are selected to participate, you will receive an email invitation at some point in the next two weeks."

EDIT: As far as I know, NO ONE here who signed up during the past 2 weeks for the demo has actually received an invitation email.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top