The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New anyone else get their demo code today? (old forum was messed up)

Comments

• Options
    Hallonsaft11Hallonsaft11 Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited July 2014
    With all the loose information about this game and the way EA have been from years now, it wouldn´t surprise me if they actually ment that when the sign ups ended there would be waves of invitations going out to the ones who have signed up.

On the other hand, we´ve been waiting for this "demo" for weeks now, today is my last vacation day before going back to work. So now, in my opinion, EA/Maxis can take their beloved CAS beta and do whatever they please with it because I don´t have the time for it, starting tomorrow. :P

A good cup of coffee is always best served together with someone you like
  • Options
    BBadictBBadict Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014
    I went from being super excited since I signed up day 1 of the sign ups to probably being more annoyed. If I even got the demo now I don't think I'd enjoy it as much as I would've if I got it earlier. Between seeing demo videos all over YouTube and just the lack of communication I'm deflated with interest and patience.
  • Options
    HD101900HD101900 Posts: 174 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hmm this whole thing is very secretive but I'm thinking we will get ours this or the week after because august is what? 2 days away now so unless they are planning on giving them demo right before the release sims 4 I'm guessing they will be releasing it to the public very soon.

Meanwhile we will all just have to wait like we have been doing for the past few weeks
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well I just signed up for a 7th time just to be safe. They will no longer be taking signups tomorrow.

I think a big wave is coming tomorrow.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    edited July 2014
    I sign up again today i think its my third time
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    steve7859 wrote:
    The wait for this demo is starting to get aggrevating and on top of that we have to wait till Monday Night before we get any new info on Ts4 from creator camp.

The wait for this demo is over my friend, there done with it im guessing! I thankfully have been sent all the files that allow me to be able to start to mod the game so im happy, i know i can run it now and am able to get a head start in modding, that was all i wanted really. Yea sure id love to give it a go it looks addictive but i can create stuff now and that is enough for me tho i still dont have the demo so have to send the stuff i have made to a friend who does have it to test :D

Simguru Hydra is telling people to sign up today accordingly the signup will no longer be out tomorrow. That makes me think a wave is coming tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mwdonohue wrote:
    The wait for this demo is starting to get aggrevating and on top of that we have to wait till Monday Night before we get any new info on Ts4 from creator camp.

Starting?

The embargo ends Monday August 4th at 5:01 pacific 8:01 eastern so the people attending can start reporting then. I bet some of them are writing up they're articles now. :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Good luck everyone. Maybe they'll start sending out the waves as early as noon eastern tomorrow instead of the usual 4pm eastern.
  • Options
    haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2014
    Good luck everyone. Maybe they'll start sending out the waves as early as noon eastern tomorrow instead of the usual 4pm eastern.

I can only hope! I have off work tomorrow, so it'd be a good day for them to start! :lol:
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    What I'd like to see in the next wave is the demo updated with a patch so we can make the other ages and get the remaining hair and clothing not in the demo now.

There will be an update before the waves go out. That's how it's been going.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    mwdonohue wrote:

Starting?

The embargo ends Monday August 4th at 5:01 pacific 8:01 eastern so the people attending can start reporting then. I bet some of them are writing up they're articles now. :wink:

8:01? I thought it was 5:01 eastern. lol. But that makes sense because EA is in cali. Watch them upload like one second before the embargo is over... lol.
  • Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited July 2014
    maybe they are waiting until after the sign up is over to give them out? Just a guess. I hope everyone gets it soon. I know they gave out a few waves to random people but I mean what if they are waiting until after tomorrow to give them out to a limited amount of people that signed up?

THAT's what I've been saying. What if we've been led to assume these past two weeks were the weeks they'd be giving them out, when actually it starts the two weeks from the 31st? The timing would pretty much match up with Gamescom give or take a day. It makes me wonder if we've been assuming wrong all this time. *is cautiously optimistic* :?

I'm always optimistic. I think that's what they are doing as well. Waiting until everyone has had a chance to sign up. I don't think as many people have signed up as everyone thinks. If you think about it the majority of those who will buy the game don't get on the forums or even read up on the game and if they do its probably closer to the release date.

Exactly. I have a few friends that love playing The Sims, but mostly find out their info from me, because I'm the only one that checks the forums/websites/twitter/etc. There are a lot of fans that are informed, but even more that aren't at all.

BTW, I just thought of another point that helps my theory a little.....when do things like to happen in the Sims world? Thursdays. When is the 31st? Tomorrow. What is tomorrow? Thursday. :shock:

it's tuesdays
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited July 2014
    lilhunny wrote:
    maybe they are waiting until after the sign up is over to give them out? Just a guess. I hope everyone gets it soon. I know they gave out a few waves to random people but I mean what if they are waiting until after tomorrow to give them out to a limited amount of people that signed up?

THAT's what I've been saying. What if we've been led to assume these past two weeks were the weeks they'd be giving them out, when actually it starts the two weeks from the 31st? The timing would pretty much match up with Gamescom give or take a day. It makes me wonder if we've been assuming wrong all this time. *is cautiously optimistic* :?

I'm always optimistic. I think that's what they are doing as well. Waiting until everyone has had a chance to sign up. I don't think as many people have signed up as everyone thinks. If you think about it the majority of those who will buy the game don't get on the forums or even read up on the game and if they do its probably closer to the release date.

Exactly. I have a few friends that love playing The Sims, but mostly find out their info from me, because I'm the only one that checks the forums/websites/twitter/etc. There are a lot of fans that are informed, but even more that aren't at all.

BTW, I just thought of another point that helps my theory a little.....when do things like to happen in the Sims world? Thursdays. When is the 31st? Tomorrow. What is tomorrow? Thursday. :shock:

it's tuesdays

*heart shatters into a million pieces*
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Could this mean that chances are in the next wave of demo for the sims4 create a sim demo that we will be able to create sims kids? i am just wondering
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Memina11 wrote:
    Could this mean that chances are in the next wave of demo for the sims4 create a sim demo that we will be able to create sims kids? i am just wondering

I love the kids. I'm more interested in the teens though. I just want to compare them to the adults. The kids look so young and if the teens are the same height, they would look much older. Unless they put in a "preteen" life stage that would be more acceptable.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mwdonohue wrote:
    Memina11 wrote:

I love the kids. I'm more interested in the teens though. I just want to compare them to the adults. The kids look so young and if the teens are the same height, they would look much older. Unless they put in a "preteen" life stage that would be more acceptable.

its strange but i agree with you because i think at this stage and 33 days and counting down fast as simmers we have lots of question that still needs to be answered even do i am buying the game

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Memina11 wrote:
    mwdonohue wrote:
    Memina11 wrote:

its strange but i agree with you because i think at this stage and 33 days and counting down fast as simmers we have lots of question that still needs to be answered even do i am buying the game

They do need to go over other life stages. We haven't seen any of adults. We saw one baby. One teen. A couple of kids. And a BUNCH of young adults. You can tell they focused on the Young Adults the most. They seem to have more confidence in children. A bit more in teens. But none other of the life stages. On the flip side, young adult and child are the biggest steps up. But they don't seem as confident in the other life stages. Babies are babies. They don't do much. Elders are old. But they still have personality. Adults are young adults only older. Teens are the third biggest life stage. At least they showed a teen in the newest trailer. I love the game so far. I think it is great! I just wish they would elaborate on other stages because it worries me when they emphasize things more than others.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    if you went to chat more you can join my site delightfulsims the link is in my siggy and the biggest question is even do at the moment toddlers are out temporaly but the coding for them seem to have been found is when will they be added are they in the works for the first expansion pack or a stuffpack?

• Options
    haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2014
    sims152318 wrote:
    lilhunny wrote:

it's tuesdays

*heart shatters into a million pieces*

Tuesdays AND Thursdays, mind you. I only focused on Thursday because for the coincidence. Don't shatter just yet. :P

Besides, if I'm wrong, it was just a theory I casually thought of. Nothing more. :wink:
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    sims3fan1235sims3fan1235 Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited July 2014
    I really think tomorrow is our lucky day!
  • Options
    MenshleeMenshlee Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2014
    I really think tomorrow is our lucky day!

I sure hope you are right.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nothing as of yet. I see another thread says something about Aug 12th it being released?
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    1paddywaddy1paddywaddy Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2014
    simlish1 wrote:
    Nothing as of yet. I see another thread says something about Aug 12th it being released?

That's the estimated release, but when you think about it it's only 12 days!! that's not a lot of time if your flying through your summer holidays. :D. But anyways, I sure hope that all this talk about another wave coming out tomorrow is true.

Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    GinypumkinGinypumkin Posts: 207 Member
    edited July 2014
    I suscribed to get the demo and it was a scam , how naive of me :cry:

At least it will be free, so I will get it but not the full game ( I mean the toddler lacking -game :lol: )
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited July 2014
    I wonder how many will get the demo before it is released to everyone :O
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top