Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A trip down nostalgia lane! The Sims 2 discussion thread, a place to talk and share about Sims 2!

Comments

• Options
    bishtybishty Posts: 393 Member
    edited July 2014
    What are you guys' favourite worlds to play in? I tried them all but always had a soft spot for Pleasantview. I liked the houses, I liked the layout and the aesthetic and I felt some of the other worlds were just trying too hard, you know?

I actively disliked Veronaville. I didn't like the premade families and basically I just felt it was a chore to play in. I sometimes played in Strangetown but the houses are all the same or extremely weird and I played in Riverblossom Hills for a while but it was mostly Pleasantview :P I can't wait to play again! :D
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2014
    None. I prefer custom neighborhoods where I control who is and who is not a playable.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi :D

I do like Pleasantview and they're going to be the town I play to 10 generations- if not more (I've always wanted to get past the generation that's already born in game when it starts). :D

I like making custom neighborhoods. I made a few maps and uploaded them to modthesims years ago. :lol:

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone know how to install houses that are in sims2packs?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I tried to build custom neighborhoods but I just suck so bad at it! I'm an appalling artist in pretty much every possible way :P I might try downloading some when I get my ultimate collection though. Last time I played sims 2 I was 13 years old how crazy is that :P

I guess the good thing about a custom world is that it starts out empty whereas with other towns if you want to empty them it's a pain because all the furniture in the houses gets deleted and I don't really like redecorating :P
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2014

Double click on them.

I highly recommend getting the Sims 2 Clean Installer off of MTS. Do remember that mods and unwanted CC can piggy back on lots via sims2pack.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2014
    Seera1024 wrote:

Double click on them.

I highly recommend getting the Sims 2 Clean Installer off of MTS. Do remember that mods and unwanted CC can piggy back on lots via sims2pack.
    Thanks Seera and yup but it was my own house. And I had to direct the house to the installer package.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited July 2014
    Seera1024 wrote:
    First things first when the crap did witches come in? lol :lol::lol: i was so surprised i never played bon voyage open for business and apartment life till now and let me say i have missed out, but when i saw loading magic i was like WHAAAAAAT?

I think with uni but I could easily be wrong about to dash other wise would look it up

Witches come with Apartment Life

Here are creatures for each EP:

Base: Alien
    University: Zombie
    Night Life: Vampire
    Open for Business: Servo
    Pets: Werewolf
    Seasons: Plant Sim
    Bon Voyage: Bigfoot
    FreeTime: Genie
    Apartment Life: Witch

Thanks between you and misty4m, who probably posted as I was typing and trying to get out the door, a more accurate answer. I forgot that zombies came with uni and not the witches, I also had forgotten about the genies.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi :D

I do like Pleasantview and they're going to be the town I play to 10 generations- if not more (I've always wanted to get past the generation that's already born in game when it starts). :D

I like making custom neighborhoods. I made a few maps and uploaded them to modthesims years ago. :lol:

I just re-installed the sim city 4 for this very reason. :wink: It wouldn't go with the disc so, I had to contact origin. They couldn't give me my whole box on digital though, sadly. I have the Sim City Box, came with all the sim city 4 addons. But I don't really need the extras at the moment, so she put a note on the messages for the other staff to add them to my library when they can. :mrgreen:
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    misty4m wrote:
    First things first when the crap did witches come in? lol :lol::lol: i was so surprised i never played bon voyage open for business and apartment life till now and let me say i have missed out, but when i saw loading magic i was like WHAAAAAAT?

There are two kind of witches in the sims 2 from apartment life good witch and bad witch.

Kimberly Cordial who is a premade sim in Belladonna cove is already friends with a green witch, she and her sister Samantha stay in a house. You can have Kimberly ask her witch friend to turn her into a dark witch.

One thing I have always hated is when the green witch show up anywhere she make it rain roaches but the good witch when she appear she make it clear up very bright in the sky and a rainbow appear.

So I had Kimberly witch friend turn her into a dark witch yesterday.

Sims2Witch1_zpsc7380e26.png

There's also neutral. :wink:
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have always hated that cow mascot ( evil ) lol I'm happy that the llama mascot was there.

snapshot_80d55cf2_80d6ea5e_zpsb3a09809.png
    new.png
  • Options
    MrBump13MrBump13 Posts: 316 Member
    edited July 2014
    MrBump13 wrote:
    Are you all running TS2 UC on windows 8 :)? Whenever I enter CAS or try choosing a family, it comes up with an error message saying that mansion and garden stuff is not working and the application is being terminated? Could anyone help me? I've tried it LOADS of times, but it just crases after about 2-3 minutes? I have a fairly good laptop that runs on windows 8, is an intel core i7 processor, 2.9ghz, 8 (or12) GB of ram, and an NVIDEA graphics card? I'm recovering from surgery and I'd love to play, pleas help <3

Out of curiousity, are you cleaning up your computer after installing. I was having this issue to, only because I always run ccleaner after I finish installing anything. What's most likely happening is your computer cleaner thingy is deleting the reg keys not attached to a .exe (the .exe's are missing from every ep and sp except for pets in TS2UC). So try installing again, this time without cleaning the registery, and if you do feel the need to, pay attention and uncheck the files related to this game. Simple enough.
    Edit for spelling.
    Thanks for the reply! I don't think I'm cleaning anything! But I do believe I'm missing these files! Do you think you could do a steps by step instruction...? Sorry I'm not that great at computers xD just to check, were you getting the mansion and garden warning notice? I haven't found anyone with that issue :/
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You need to open your control panel, go down to uninstall a program, and chose the sims 2 ultimate collection. Then open origin and reinstall. After you install, do all the things you need to do to get the game to run right on your pc.

First troubleshoot, do this by right clicking on the games desktop icon and selecting troubleshoot.
    Do NOT chose "try recommended settings". Instead chose the second option, "Troubleshoot program"
    This will ask you to check a box.
    Chose "The game worked in an earlier version of windows yada yada yada."
    This will take you to a list of windows option. Chose windows 7. Unless you actually have windows xp, then chose that. But windows 7 is the better option if you are on windows 7 or 8.
    It will tell you to test the game. Click that "Test the program" button and the game will launch.
    When the game launches and loads, go ahead and quit right out.
    click next on the troubleshoot window
    and say save these settings.

Now you need to go into Data Execution Prevention, so the game has priority over windows and it's many background tasks. Click this link for the instructions on that:
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/dep-settings-for-sims-3-on-vista-and-windows-7/

Do not do any disc clean up or system checkup. Ea will not infect your pc with a game program, and if you do said clean ups and checks now, you will delete the registration keys and break the game again.You need to restart your pc immediately after adding the game to dep, or the setting won't save. So reset your pc now.

Now load the game. See if it is running. If you live with other people, please let them know not to delete any sims games in the registry by running ccleaner or any system checkup programs, they can uncheck sims games in them if they just pay attention to what they are doing. Someone has been doing this, or the game would work.

Any graphics issues depend on your graphics card, and you'll find fixes for that everywhere. So this is all I can do to try and help you for now. :wink: Let me know how it goes.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    @exotickitten - Witches! I still haven't played one very long to be either bad or good. :lol:

@misty4m- I love the Cows and the terror they cause in the hearts of Sims when they walk on the lot. I also like that they get beat up now and then. :lol:

I finally got my stuff setup and ready to start- sometime tomorrow. :lol:

My 3 challenge Sims
    Snapshot_3Families_zps41d4a574.jpg"width=600"

Pinecone Valley
    PineconeValley_zpsc1e38825.jpg"width=600"

A Lonely Highway
    LonelyHighway_zps79734a3b.jpg"width=600"
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You are playing the game worlds? Or did you make that one? I don't recognize it, but then again I only glanced at the worlds and chose the largest out of habbit. I'm in the sims 4 now trying to plan out a map for ts2 already. :P And I only just installed it. :lol: I'm going to go for the little boxes look I think. Roads close together so I can maximize my real estate. The larger lots can go around the edges. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YQ3piGHIi8

mcmansions.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That is a nice set up! :D

I do like how TS3 the walls can go 1 square from the edge but TS2 the walls only go 2 squares. :(

Yeah, I made them. Just today and I plan to add roads as I need more room- if I can get SimPe to work again.

Don't forget to show your map! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I will. I'm loving how much easier worlds are to create for 2. :P I feel like my current world for 3 is taking forever in caw. They always do. It's just hard to find the time to sit and plan and focus, especially with the boys home, and family coming to visit off and on all summer. My mom just left, now my husbands aunt is on the way, then the beach trip and then his sister will be down again.... Summer just isn't turning out to be the most creative time of year for me I guess. But when school starts up, I know I'll have all the time in the world to do what I want. :lol:

Oh, no my first attempt crashed ts2, maybe my mountain was too big? :shock: I've never done this, but I figured it can't be too hard.. might have been underestimating it. lol :?

Haha! Well, first attempt fail. Second attempt.... fail? Or learning experiment. Yeah, I'll go with that.

snapshot_00000012_e0d7851f.jpg

Note to self, never use trees in sc4 when transferring to ts2. :P
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You need to open your control panel, go down to uninstall a program, and chose the sims 2 ultimate collection. Then open origin and reinstall. After you install, do all the things you need to do to get the game to run right on your pc.

First troubleshoot, do this by right clicking on the games desktop icon and selecting troubleshoot.
    Do NOT chose "try recommended settings". Instead chose the second option, "Troubleshoot program"
    This will ask you to check a box.
    Chose "The game worked in an earlier version of windows yada yada yada."
    This will take you to a list of windows option. Chose windows 7. Unless you actually have windows xp, then chose that. But windows 7 is the better option if you are on windows 7 or 8.
    It will tell you to test the game. Click that "Test the program" button and the game will launch.
    When the game launches and loads, go ahead and quit right out.
    click next on the troubleshoot window
    and say save these settings.

Now you need to go into Data Execution Prevention, so the game has priority over windows and it's many background tasks. Click this link for the instructions on that:
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/dep-settings-for-sims-3-on-vista-and-windows-7/

Do not do any disc clean up or system checkup. Ea will not infect your pc with a game program, and if you do said clean ups and checks now, you will delete the registration keys and break the game again.You need to restart your pc immediately after adding the game to dep, or the setting won't save. So reset your pc now.

Now load the game. See if it is running. If you live with other people, please let them know not to delete any sims games in the registry by running ccleaner or any system checkup programs, they can uncheck sims games in them if they just pay attention to what they are doing. Someone has been doing this, or the game would work.

Any graphics issues depend on your graphics card, and you'll find fixes for that everywhere. So this is all I can do to try and help you for now. :wink: Let me know how it goes.

Thanks so much for the help! I will try this later today! For the DEP, which files do I need to add for the UC? You are so helpful! I really hope this works <3!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Exotic kitten, you are a life saver! It works :D thank you so much! But now they have black boxes under their feet :(? How do you fix this)? Sorry for the bother! Help would be much appreciated?
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    MrBump13 wrote:
    Exotic kitten, you are a life saver! It works :D thank you so much! But now they have black boxes under their feet :(? How do you fix this)? Sorry for the bother! Help would be much appreciated?

The fastest way is to go into game options and changes shadows to medium. There are a couple of other ways that deal with altering your graphics configuration or rolling back to an earlier graphics driver, but I don't have that info off the top of my head. Several people have posted about it, if you prefer that route.
  • Options
    DonLatharoDonLatharo Posts: 151 Member
    edited July 2014
    I will. I'm loving how much easier worlds are to create for 2. :P I feel like my current world for 3 is taking forever in caw. They always do. It's just hard to find the time to sit and plan and focus, especially with the boys home, and family coming to visit off and on all summer. My mom just left, now my husbands aunt is on the way, then the beach trip and then his sister will be down again.... Summer just isn't turning out to be the most creative time of year for me I guess. But when school starts up, I know I'll have all the time in the world to do what I want. :lol:

Oh, no my first attempt crashed ts2, maybe my mountain was too big? :shock: I've never done this, but I figured it can't be too hard.. might have been underestimating it. lol :?

Haha! Well, first attempt fail. Second attempt.... fail? Or learning experiment. Yeah, I'll go with that.

snapshot_00000012_e0d7851f.jpg

Note to self, never use trees in sc4 when transferring to ts2. :P

Looks like a great map! Have fun filling it up! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    edited July 2014
    @Rflong7 That cow mascot is very fun it's great if your sims is dating the cow mascot because you don't have to worry about them attacking your sim.

Your sims just sit back and watch the fireworks lol.
    new.png
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    A question. I'm sure there's a simple answer that I'm not seeing...

I've been trying to make cookies to get Santa to arrive. I've got the tree, but when I click the fridge the only desserts I can make are gelatin and crepe suzette-no cookies. I've tried baking them at various times of the evening before 10pm and no luck.

What the heck am I missing? I do have the ultimate pack.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Maybe your sim isn't good enough at cooking? :?:
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have a level 9 and a level 6 cook. I read that all you need is one cooking skill. That was my first thought, but that's not it. :cry:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top