Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A trip down nostalgia lane! The Sims 2 discussion thread, a place to talk and share about Sims 2!

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2014
    I probably have it. Where it is my mess of downloads is another question XD

I'd try looking at MTS for various rugs and seeing what meshes they use. If it was a widely used mesh, there will be recolors of it on MTS.

And speaking of CC objects, don't forget the Color Enabler Package (CEP) for Maxis object recolors. It can be found on MTS.
  • exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited July 2014
    Seera1024 wrote:

I'd try looking at MTS for various rugs and seeing what meshes they use. If it was a widely used mesh, there will be recolors of it on MTS.

And speaking of CC objects, don't forget the Color Enabler Package (CEP) for Maxis object recolors. It can be found on MTS.

I'm so glad you mentioned that! I was thinking I wanted to recolor some of the stuff again. (I prefer the bathrooms objects to be one color, not a dingy dirty version that some of the defaults are.) I remembered I had to do it with simpe, but I would have forgotten how to get them to show up. :oops:

Holler if you remember the first time you met these sims!
    Screenshot-111.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • angl2005151angl2005151 Posts: 149 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm so happy I once saved a few neigbourhoods on a rw dvd.
    Turns out I saved my very first 10G family, with the second gen in college.
    I remember I was on gen 5, but since I can't remember those Sims anymore, I'm very happy to make a restart :)
    Also found my old story making neighbourhoods, might start a new story again lol xD
    Nicole's Sims Story's
    www.nicolesimsstories.weebly.com

• tayenriquez20tayenriquez20 Posts: 211 New Member
    edited July 2014
    You need to open your control panel, go down to uninstall a program, and chose the sims 2 ultimate collection. Then open origin and reinstall. After you install, do all the things you need to do to get the game to run right on your pc.

First troubleshoot, do this by right clicking on the games desktop icon and selecting troubleshoot.
    Do NOT chose "try recommended settings". Instead chose the second option, "Troubleshoot program"
    This will ask you to check a box.
    Chose "The game worked in an earlier version of windows yada yada yada."
    This will take you to a list of windows option. Chose windows 7. Unless you actually have windows xp, then chose that. But windows 7 is the better option if you are on windows 7 or 8.
    It will tell you to test the game. Click that "Test the program" button and the game will launch.
    When the game launches and loads, go ahead and quit right out.
    click next on the troubleshoot window
    and say save these settings.

Now you need to go into Data Execution Prevention, so the game has priority over windows and it's many background tasks. Click this link for the instructions on that:
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/dep-settings-for-sims-3-on-vista-and-windows-7/

I'm having the same problem, but when I right click on the games desktop icon, there isn't an option to troubleshoot, any suggestions?

EDIT: also, if i go to the control panel-program, and click run programs using a previous windows, none of my Sims game are there for me to pick from, and we i do browse, i can find the UC, but there isn't a way for me to actually pick it
  • BlazerineBlazerine Posts: 2,544 Member
    edited July 2014
    You need to open your control panel, go down to uninstall a program, and chose the sims 2 ultimate collection. Then open origin and reinstall. After you install, do all the things you need to do to get the game to run right on your pc.

First troubleshoot, do this by right clicking on the games desktop icon and selecting troubleshoot.
    Do NOT chose "try recommended settings". Instead chose the second option, "Troubleshoot program"
    This will ask you to check a box.
    Chose "The game worked in an earlier version of windows yada yada yada."
    This will take you to a list of windows option. Chose windows 7. Unless you actually have windows xp, then chose that. But windows 7 is the better option if you are on windows 7 or 8.
    It will tell you to test the game. Click that "Test the program" button and the game will launch.
    When the game launches and loads, go ahead and quit right out.
    click next on the troubleshoot window
    and say save these settings.

Now you need to go into Data Execution Prevention, so the game has priority over windows and it's many background tasks. Click this link for the instructions on that:
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/dep-settings-for-sims-3-on-vista-and-windows-7/

I'm having the same problem, but when I right click on the games desktop icon, there isn't an option to troubleshoot, any suggestions?

EDIT: also, if i go to the control panel-program, and click run programs using a previous windows, none of my Sims game are there for me to pick from, and we i do browse, i can find the UC, but there isn't a way for me to actually pick it

You have the exact same problem I have. Unplug your internet before you click on the icon. The reason why its not working for us is because its trying to connect to a website that no longer exists.

Edit: OH yeah replug in your net after you click play. It'll still work normal. XD
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well I FINALLY caved and bought and picked-up a (digital) copy of the Sims 2 base game... just the base. That's all that I can afford at this time (both computer space and money). As soon as my REGULAR "Sims computer" gets back from the shop, I plan to reinstall my Sims 2 and play it too! I'm still learning how to do things but overall I'm having a blast with it. I had a little trouble with the CAS so she isn't quite perfect but not bad for a first timer I guess. I still am learning how to control her but it seems to be almost the same as Sims 3. I had to text my little sister to find out about couple of things, since she's played since Sims 1!

I've got my Sim in Strangtown. So far I'm on the 3rd day and haven't had anything bad happen to her...

I'll let y'all know about all updates in the life of Sheila Burns! :^)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • DonLatharoDonLatharo Posts: 151 Member
    edited July 2014
    Seera1024 wrote:

I'm so glad you mentioned that! I was thinking I wanted to recolor some of the stuff again. (I prefer the bathrooms objects to be one color, not a dingy dirty version that some of the defaults are.) I remembered I had to do it with simpe, but I would have forgotten how to get them to show up. :oops:

Holler if you remember the first time you met these sims!
    Screenshot-111.png

Whenever I get my Sims there, I always steal the machine to resurrect dead Sims, you know... for future use. :wink::mrgreen:
  • BlazerineBlazerine Posts: 2,544 Member
    edited July 2014
    So now every time I click on Origin my computer either locks up or crashes. And no I do not have a old computer. So I tried deleting Origin and my computer crashed during the process. So I tried again two more times and it went through. I'm guessing Origin does not like the sims2 ultimate edition? This has never happened to me before, lol.
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited July 2014
    For those of you who either purchased AL via digital download or registered Mansions & Gardens, keep checking your Origin account.

I own all of TS2 and, like others above, I registered them via the old EA BBS or Downloader -- all except AL (which I purchased through Origin) and M&G. On July 16th, there was a copy of the UC already in my Origin account. I haven't had to use it because I never stopped playing TS2 but it's nice to know I don't have to go through all those discs again.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    Holler! :lol:

Well, I broke my laptop screen (I'm a klutz) after getting my neighborhood and Sims set up. I've got an old screen hooked up to it but it's so not the same. Just waiting for the stuff to fix it (fingers crossed I can do it). :lol:

Happy Simming! :mrgreen:
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited July 2014
    Crikey, been gone a week and suddenly everyone's gone Sims 2 crazy, what's happening?

I've still got all my ep disks and all the stuff packs, could never bear to part with them, so I'm assuming I don't need to download this new ultimate collection?
    It's nice to see the love for this part of the series, still the best in my humble opinion.
  • Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been having a blast playing! I made a sim who ended up marrying Darren Dreamer (I didn't intend that, but they met and just immediately clicked, so I let that progress :) ) and they've had three kids so far. Just got them all into private school, woo! Now Dirk is an adult and married to a townie named Lyndsay. I've only been alternating between a few families right now, but I'm planning to increase that so I'm progressing the whole town. I did send the Pleasant twins and Dustin Broke off to college, and Angela and Lilith really hate each other- every time I'm not controlling one of them they end up fighting! I've been trying to have them reconcile but then I turn away for a second and Angela is slapping Lilith or something, and they're furious again :lol:

Once I messed with all the settings and got it to recognize my resolution, it's all been great! I love how fast it is, since I only every played Sims 2 on an old and terrible computer from around 2000! It's just such a difference, and it makes me not mind the loading screens quite as much. It's also a real change to have no lag/freezing, which I have with Sims 3 even on my really good computer.

It's a nice change of pace playing Sims 2 sims also, just because I've gotten very used to the Sims 3 kind, and it's been so long since I last played that it almost feels like I'm playing a new game now!

I plan to continue playing both games, Sims 2 and Sims 3, which have different strengths and will keep me very busy so that I won't need Sims 4 at all :)
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited July 2014
    Quick question... I only played the Sims 2 very limited and then dropped it when Sims 3 came out. So far, I am enjoying Sims 2.

However, I tried to plan my Sims outfit and (Pascal Curious) and all I got for everyday was option for outfits, no tops and no bottoms.

I tried another male sim and same thing, only options for *outfits*. When I clicked tops and bottoms nothing came up.
    edited July 2014
    Quick question... I only played the Sims 2 very limited and then dropped it when Sims 3 came out. So far, I am enjoying Sims 2.

However, I tried to plan my Sims outfit and (Pascal Curious) and all I got for everyday was option for outfits, no tops and no bottoms.

I tried another male sim and same thing, only options for *outfits*. When I clicked tops and bottoms nothing came up.

I think he starts impregnated by an alien, if memory serves. Could be why his outfits are limited. :wink: If the other sim is Vidcund, there's a chance he went off and got abducted when you weren't looking and is also impregnated. I think the probability for Vidcund being upducted and fertilized after using the telescope is 100% once the house is active. :lol:
  • bishtybishty Posts: 393 Member
    edited July 2014
    Also remember in TS2 you are only allowed to dress your sim in outfits already owned by the family. That means you can dress Pascal in his clothes, Vidcund's or Lazlo's but if you want new clothes you have to go out and buy them or use the hacked coat hanger from MTS. That is one thing I prefer in TS3
    edited July 2014
    I completely forgot about that! LMAO. You also have to buy jewelry and stuff. haha. I miss that too! :mrgreen:
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited July 2014
    Is anyone else having a problem with the game constantly needing to be repaired? I can play for awhile shut it down come back a couple hours later and try to start again when it tells me it's not installed. What? So I go to origin and repair the files and I'm back to playing. This happens a couple times a day. Once it's repaired it plays great.

Any suggestions?
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    bishty wrote:
    Also remember in TS2 you are only allowed to dress your sim in outfits already owned by the family. That means you can dress Pascal in his clothes, Vidcund's or Lazlo's but if you want new clothes you have to go out and buy them or use the hacked coat hanger from MTS. That is one thing I prefer in TS3

Ahhhh! Right! I'm so excited for the Sims 2 again! LOL :D:D:D
    edited July 2014
    momboqueen wrote:
    Is anyone else having a problem with the game constantly needing to be repaired? I can play for awhile shut it down come back a couple hours later and try to start again when it tells me it's not installed. What? So I go to origin and repair the files and I'm back to playing. This happens a couple times a day. Once it's repaired it plays great.

Any suggestions?

Maybe disconnect from the internet when you load up? Make sure your system checkups aren't auto deleting the reg keys that aren't attached to .exe's. I found that if I just don't allow my pc to clean those reg keys, I don't have to keep reinstalling.

I don't remember this being a want....Mark is the mascot. :?
    drinkmark.png
    edited July 2014
    You can have them earn a badge in Sewing and they can make any outfit- I don't remember if it's the gold badge level- but then you don't have to go shopping...

I personally love sending my Sims out. I always try to keep a reason for them to go to town at least once a Sim week. Family time to the park or beach or arcade or something fun. :mrgreen:

edited July 2014
    momboqueen wrote:

Any suggestions?

Maybe disconnect from the internet when you load up? Make sure your system checkups aren't auto deleting the reg keys that aren't attached to .exe's. I found that if I just don't allow my pc to clean those reg keys, I don't have to keep reinstalling.

I don't remember this being a want....Mark is the mascot. :?
    drinkmark.png

Maybe your right about the register keys. I have system machanic and its always cleaning up registry files. How would I go about configuring it not to clean those up? Or should I just google it?
    edited July 2014
    I'm not familiar with system mechanic. I like to run my own checks regularly, and I can uncheck things in the registry I know are ok. So, yeah, try and google it, or contact the people who made/distributed it and ask them.

@RfLong, I remember being able to sew. Hmmm, I was trying to place a book shelf at 45degree but couldn't find your link for your cheats earlier. And I don't see it listed in the cheat window. I'll just google it in a minute. :lol: But it might be helpful to post it in here, since this seems to be the fastest thread to locate for this game in these forums. :wink:
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    You can have them earn a badge in Sewing and they can make any outfit- I don't remember if it's the gold badge level- but then you don't have to go shopping...

I personally love sending my Sims out. I always try to keep a reason for them to go to town at least once a Sim week. Family time to the park or beach or arcade or something fun. :mrgreen:

I love that and peek a boo is way cuter. I forgot toddlers could learn nursery rhymes. I am having so much fun.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited July 2014
    I'm not familiar with system mechanic. I like to run my own checks regularly, and I can uncheck things in the registry I know are ok. So, yeah, try and google it, or contact the people who made/distributed it and ask them.

@RfLong, I remember being able to sew. Hmmm, I was trying to place a book shelf at 45degree but couldn't find your link for your cheats earlier. And I don't see it listed in the cheat window. I'll just google it in a minute. :lol: But it might be helpful to post it in here, since this seems to be the fastest thread to locate for this game in these forums. :wink:

Thanks for your help :D
    edited July 2014

The Sims 2 information- Snooty Sims

Click on the Cheats :)

boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation [true/false]
    Allows rotating any object in 45 degree increments with < and > keys

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top