Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's because some of you, I'll buy the game :)

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    SimmieDay wrote:
    Yes, I am gonna buy the game, and yes, I know there are no toddlers, no pools. But I'll buy it. And it's not because I don't care about toddlers, I play with toddlers all the time, I play with family's all the time. But the game is not 'incomplete' because there are no toddlers?! And I LOVE the cartoon style, And I LOVE the textures of the hairstyles. And no,
    I'm not a sheep, lame, stupid fangirl who follows EA. No, I am just a person who loves the Sims 4 because I like it. And It's because of some people who demand other players to NOT buy the game, or to DELAY there purchase, that I love the game EVEN MORE. And I think it's silly and lame to demand people to not buy the game, or to delay their purchase, because that is SILLY. It's not because YOU don't like the game, that you have the right to tell me to not buy the game. That is just rude.

So, who else loves the Sims 4? :)

So asking for something as simple as some help in a cause is silly and lame now is it... What a great humanitarian you are... My view of humanity has taken a bigger nose dive since seeing the response on these forums to a simple request for assistance... No demands, just a request...

Well, I'm not getting The Sims 4, but I shall be back when The Sims 5 is announced to give EAxis hell if they go down this route again...

I'm a "complainer" too but considering the name-calling going on in other threads at this very moment, can you really blame them? They have no obligations to us, and I've seen a couple less charitable posts from you as well. There has been hostility from both sides and they have as little reason to take up our cause as we have theirs.

If they asked us to stop complaining because they're afraid the franchise will die if this game does poorly, would we listen? Nope, we haven't.
  • Options
    SophieDiddleSophieDiddle Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2014
    SimmieDay wrote:
    Yes, I am gonna buy the game, and yes, I know there are no toddlers, no pools. But I'll buy it. And it's not because I don't care about toddlers, I play with toddlers all the time, I play with family's all the time. But the game is not 'incomplete' because there are no toddlers?! And I LOVE the cartoon style, And I LOVE the textures of the hairstyles. And no,
    I'm not a sheep, lame, stupid fangirl who follows EA. No, I am just a person who loves the Sims 4 because I like it. And It's because of some people who demand other players to NOT buy the game, or to DELAY there purchase, that I love the game EVEN MORE. And I think it's silly and lame to demand people to not buy the game, or to delay their purchase, because that is SILLY. It's not because YOU don't like the game, that you have the right to tell me to not buy the game. That is just rude.

So, who else loves the Sims 4? :)

So asking for something as simple as some help in a cause is silly and lame now is it... What a great humanitarian you are... My view of humanity has taken a bigger nose dive since seeing the response on these forums to a simple request for assistance... No demands, just a request...

Well, I'm not getting The Sims 4, but I shall be back when The Sims 5 is announced to give EAxis hell if they go down this route again...

You do realise this is a game? Something people like to do in their spare time. You're not asking humanity to unite against poverty or something that actually matters.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited July 2014
    Eh, it is your money.
    I won't lie, I frown upon people that buy something because of other people (or that DOESN'T buy it because other people), but the way you spend your money is none of my business anyway.

I hope you have fun.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think some people who are deeply disappointed with the Sims 4 are concerned that THE ONLY WAY to make EA hear us is if the sales are really disappointing. By many things said by the guy in the CEO chair, we have been led to believe that that is ALL that he cares about. So, when people talk about buying, I think the instinct is to feel betrayed because we are afraid that everyone purchasing the Sims 4 makes all of us who are upset about it a little more invisible to EA.
    That's probably true. I'm not particulary keen on the complaining about the complainers threads but I have nothing against people who will buy the game. And I don't think I've ever said anything bad about them on this forum.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think the reason people are responding with laughter and sheep comments is because they're feeling the same way I am. And I have to BEG the OP and the others who are excited for the release to do just a little bit more research about what you are getting. Or more importantly, what you are not getting.

I love the Sims. What's about the be released is NOT a Sims game. You'll have your Sim, in a location with a few other Sims and you get to watch them interact with a new hypersensitive emotional interface. That's it. You can go to another location by having your Sim move to the edge of the lot, wait for a loading screen, and then watch them interact with a few other Sims at that location using the new emotional gimmick. Again, that's it.

There are 5 other lots for you to place houses on for your Sims to visit and have emotional interactions but, you guessed it, that's it. And without story progression, if you wait until you've aged to visit them again, your young adult get together with your next door neighbors is now grandma and grandpa hanging our with their amazingly STILL young adult neighbors.

Play the Sims 3 right now and try to be acutely aware of everything you experience. How much do you change in that world? Do you enjoy having your Sims have a child and watching it grow up? Do you like the story progression of NPCs keeping up with yours? How often do you click on work, school, bookstore, grocery store, etc? No more. No work, no school, no bookstore, no grocery store. No rabbit holes. Going somewhere? Walk your Sim to the edge of your screen and enjoy the view of your home until they come back from work. Like that community gathering spot? You'd better, you can't change it in any way. The list goes on and on. And I literally mean list. They're out there. LONG lists of all the things we love about the Sims and they are ALL GONE! Please find them.

Your Sims, in a room with other Sims, emotionally interacting.

THAT'S IT! That's all you get. Have "fun"
  • Options
    azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oh, I'm 110% for sure I'm gonna buy Sims 4. The only thing that's holding me back from pre-ordering is do I want to do the down load via Origin, or do I want the cool looking box set sitting on my shelf with my other Sims games? But I'm leaning towards downloading because well, I want the game right away - not wait for 2 or 3 days afterwards like in the past.

The toddlers are cute and all, but I didn't like wasting my Sims valuable time in training the tyke to potty, walk, and talk while my sim could improve on their achievements for themselves.

The pools - well when I made pools for my sims - they hardly ever used them unless they were sporty sims. Yeah, I'm gonna miss the pools more, I like making my Rec centers with pools, but I'm sure EA will come out with some expansion or stuff pack with pools, when they come out with swim wear and swimming for the sims.

I also think that over half that complain that are not gonna buy Sims 4 more than likely will - maybe not on the release date, or that week, maybe a month or so they will purchase. As they are holding their mommies hand and walk by the electronics section of Wal-Mart, they'll see Sims 4 sitting on the shelf - grabbing their attention, and then they'll point, and grunt at the game and start yanking on momma's hand physically telling her to stop. Momma will turn and notice that her son/daughter is starring and pointing to the game and grunting - and momma will say "Remember you didn't want the Sims 4 because no toddlers or pools?" He/she looks up at momma, as momma looks down at her little darling "I'm holding you to your word, now let's go"