Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's because some of you, I'll buy the game :)

Comments

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    chider1234 wrote:
    loosma wrote:
    sheep-staring.jpg

Oh my god I can't stop laughing :lol:

this is very laughable. I do believe he is saying, "Hey! what's all the fuss about, look at me, I'm enjoying myself" just like I will be when sims 4 comes out.
    I like sheep and I think this one is cute. baaaaaa, baaaaaaa.
    Thanks
  • Options
    loosmaloosma Posts: 372 Member
    edited July 2014
    nekobear wrote:
    loosma wrote:
    nekobear wrote:
    loosma wrote:
    sheep-staring.jpg
    are you seriously calling people a sheep for buying it? smh :roll:

sure why not lol
    :roll: :roll: :roll:

2vbuczd.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:
    chider1234 wrote:
    loosma wrote:
    sheep-staring.jpg

Oh my god I can't stop laughing :lol:

this is very laughable. I do believe he is saying, "Hey! what's all the fuss about, look at me, I'm enjoying myself" just like I will be when sims 4 comes out.
    I like sheep and I think this one is cute. baaaaaa, baaaaaaa.
    Thanks

exactly! if a sheep be proud to be a sheep!
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    Jameskewl8 wrote:
    It's nice to see more and more people standing up for themselves in these dark and troubled times.
    Amen brother! These times are really dark and troubled because of that endless greed of companies like EA. We all should stand up and fight for our right to be treated as human beings! We are NOT just your cash cows! You hear us you greedy companies?
    I CALL FOR A REVOLUTION!!!

You see the medal has two sides. :P
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    Don't let all those here spoil what's going to be a great game. I learned today that those who want to be miserable just love misery's company. They don't want to be happy plain and simple and they want you to join them for their tea party of negativity and depression. That's all there is to it. You enjoy the game on September 2! 8)
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    Jameskewl8Jameskewl8 Posts: 66 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Jameskewl8 wrote:
    It's nice to see more and more people standing up for themselves in these dark and troubled times.
    Amen brother! These times are really dark and troubled because of that endless greed of companies like EA. We all should stand up and fight for our right to be treated as human beings! We are NOT just your cash cows! You hear us you greedy companies?

I quoted the OP, thereby showing that my statement was intended for the OPs post, and not for what you just stated.

boom.jpg
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    Jameskewl8 wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Jameskewl8 wrote:

I quoted the OP, thereby showing that my statement was intended for the OPs post, and not for what you just stated.

boom.jpg
    Wow you don't even recognize sarcasm when it's rubbed right into your face. :shock:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Jameskewl8Jameskewl8 Posts: 66 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Jameskewl8 wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Jameskewl8 wrote:

boom.jpg
    Wow you don't even recognize sarcasm when it's rubbed right into your face. :shock:

No, I know your post was a sarcastic/joking post, which is why I posted an equally sarcastic/joking post.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    I can be a llama sheep if I want. :mrgreen:

llama.jpg
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    SimmieDay wrote:
    And I think it's silly and lame to demand people to not buy the game, or to delay their purchase, because that is SILLY.
    I 100% agree. I equally think this thread is just as silly. These type of threads have zero/no impact on the on the overall sales.

That said, while I am ranting, I think it is equally silly that people are getting so incredibly bent out of shape for being called lemmings/sheep/fanboy/fangirl when in fact that is the VERY way they are behaving. If you throw money at something without knowing what the heck you are buying that is in fact the VERY DEFINITION.

BTW, YOU ARE MORE THAN FREE TO BE A SHEEP. I DON'T THINK ANYONE CARES. But given the "lack of facts" about Sims 4 the term openly applies to anyone who preordered (unless they are content alone with CAS and Building, and don't plan to actually you know play the game).

Again, no one cares whether you personally buy it, ban it, burn it, or what. All these threads do is cluttered up the forums pushing out posts with real information and/or constructive thoughts.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:

llama.jpg

Me too.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited July 2014
    sam123 wrote:
    SimmieDay wrote:
    Alysha1988 wrote:
    Er... have fun stickin it to the man with your $70 purchase??
    You can find shops who sell it for a lower price if you look good :wink:

It's not even worth a cent IMO.
    A penny saved is a penny earned. Enjoy your penny. :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:

llama.jpg

Me too.

I got you guys covered!

pushmi-pullyu1.jpg

so cute *_*
  • Options
    SophieDiddleSophieDiddle Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't care one way or the other who buys it or who doesn't, but man there are some rude idiots on these forums. It's very nice how you band together to belittle someone for their choice, very nice =_=
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:

llama.jpg

LOL, that's really a very cute llama. They need to add more llamas in TS4. Maybe in a farming EP. :-)

I plan on trying the game, at some point, I am happy to try the new CAS demo, I have not changed my mind about that. If they had a game demo I would try it, too. I have always thought I 'might' like this game over the TS3 so I guess I a llama sheep on the fence then? I don't care, if I like what I see then I will buy it. The thing for me was I couldn't see anything other than written text. They gotta show me. :P
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited July 2014
    Jameskewl8 wrote:
    SimmieDay wrote:
    Yes, I am gonna buy the game, and yes, I know there are no toddlers, no pools. But I'll buy it. And it's not because I don't care about toddlers, I play with toddlers all the time, I play with family's all the time. But the game is not 'incomplete' because there are no toddlers?! And I LOVE the cartoon style, And I LOVE the textures of the hairstyles. And no,
    I'm not a sheep, lame, stupid fangirl who follows EA. No, I am just a person who loves the Sims 4 because I like it. And It's because of some people who demand other players to NOT buy the game, or to DELAY there purchase, that I love the game EVEN MORE. And I think it's silly and lame to demand people to not buy the game, or to delay their purchase, because that is SILLY. It's not because YOU don't like the game, that you have the right to tell me to not buy the game. That is just rude.

So, who else loves the Sims 4? :)

I personally think The Sims 4 looks great. I never liked toddlers in The Sims 3, and I never really used the swimming pools, so I'm not that affected by the two being removed.

Ofcourse, that does not change the fact that others are upset about it. But, different playstyles, different opinions.

Are you my secret twin brother? We got the SAME thoughts, it's really weird :?
    HA, this is great!
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    SimmieDay wrote:

Me! I love everything I've seen so far, and am looking forward with eagerness to actually playing the game. I think it's going to be so fun!

As with life, I keep an open mind to changes in the game (there are always some). I choose to focus on the positives instead of the negatives (or what some call negative); on what the game DOES have that's fresh and new instead of what it lacks.

As Rachel Franklin says, it's going to be a new experience of playing Sims. I'm glad about this, because I don't want it to be the same this time around. I'm gonna love my more in-depth, expressive Sims as I play with their lives. Been waiting for this change for many years. Whenever I feel the need to play differently, I'll always have Sims 1, 2, and 3 to fall back on. So I'm happy any which way I look at it.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited July 2014
    sam123 wrote:
    Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

hahaha~ EA's not gonna milk me! :wink:
  • Options
    joeyk0987joeyk0987 Posts: 211 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't care one way or the other who buys it or who doesn't, but man there are some rude idiots on these forums. It's very nice how you band together to belittle someone for their choice, very nice =_=

Exactly. They must not be happy with themselves if they take out their anger on happy people.
  • Options
    TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 Member
    edited July 2014
    All of the threads have been very interesting; be it negative or positive.

Considering I have been simming for 14 years, I am not complaining at all.. not about a "Base" game lol.. We will have expansion packs and we will have the store.. Is the base game too pricey? Heck Yes! but I admit, I am a sheep when it comes to The Sims!! LOL

Pools are not as much of a big deal to me cause it only gave you athletic skill, swimming, splash, & have a under water breath holding contest.. <--*No major loss there*..Some of us are just spoiled.. we cry and want it right away like *Toddlers*would LOL... Idk if we will ever get toddlers but it sure won't ruin my experience with the new platform, cause my babies will have legs & maybe they will steal the shine of toddlers.. We don't know yet!

Bottom Line: The Sims 4 is going to expand for the next 4 years,<--*Educated Guess*
    let's see if we can be "emotionally" WOW'd & completely forget this tragic clown news!!

LOL.. Happy Simming :P
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited July 2014
    TINA180 wrote:
    All of the threads have been very interesting; be it negative or positive.

Considering I have been simming for 14 years, I am not complaining at all.. not about a "Base" game lol.. We will have expansion packs and we will have the store.. Is the base game too pricey? Heck Yes! but I admit, I am a sheep when it comes to The Sims!! LOL

Pools are not as much of a big deal to me cause it only gave you athletic skill, swimming, splash, & have a breath contest..<--*No major loss there*..Some of us are just spoiled.. we cry and want it right away like *Toddlers* would LOL... Idk if we will ever get toddlers but it sure won't ruin my experience with the new platform, cause my babies will have legs & maybe they will steal the shine of toddlers.. We don't know yet!

Bottom Line: The Sims 4 is going to expand for the next 4 years,<--*Educated Guest*
    let's see if we can be "emotionally" WOW'd & completely forget this tragic clown news!!

LOL.. Happy Simming :P
    I like you! lol :thumbup:
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 Member
    edited July 2014
    :thumbup: Thanks! Glad someone feels where i'm coming from LOL.. :D
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't have any hostility toward people who are excited about Sims 4 and planning to purchase it. That is definitely NOT me, but I think it is fine if you think it looks good or exciting or if it supports your play style. Again, that is not me.

I am primarily a builder, and I will say plainly that, in my opinion, they have gutted the build tools. Losing Create-A-Style was almost a deal-breaker for me all on its own. And they have already said that we will NEVER have that in Sims 4, no matter how many EPs they put out.

I won't bother to list all the features that are left out, I know you've all seen the lists. Many of them directly affect how good a build can be in their new game. I am really thinking that I will stick with Sims 3. I HATE THAT, I really do. I would love to be all excited and want to purchase the premium edition on release day, but I can't feel that way with what I've seen so far.

Could something come out that changes my mind? Sure. Never say never.

One thing that I would love to see is Simmers being supportive of other Simmers regardless of the pro or con feelings for Sims 4. I hate it when someone who IS getting the game says something like "Well, I never used that feature in Sims 3, therefore it is not important!"

If you are a Sims fan and you are not able to move ahead with the Sims franchise because of a feature YOU loved, then that feature is important. Whether I ever used it or not, it is important.

I don't play families much. I don't use toddlers. And yet I feel that is a key element of the game because SO MANY OTHERS do see it as important.

I think some people who are deeply disappointed with the Sims 4 are concerned that THE ONLY WAY to make EA hear us is if the sales are really disappointing. By many things said by the guy in the CEO chair, we have been led to believe that that is ALL that he cares about. So, when people talk about buying, I think the instinct is to feel betrayed because we are afraid that everyone purchasing the Sims 4 makes all of us who are upset about it a little more invisible to EA. BUT, it isn't anyone's responsibility to NOT buy something they want. If you want to buy it, then you should. I can only speak for how MY money is spent.

Just my opinion, and let me say that I didn't aim any comments at any person, they were just general observations and my own opinion. I apologize in advance if you were offended by anything I said. It was not my intention, I promise you.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited July 2014
    SimmieDay wrote:
    It's like they are a 4 year old telling to his sister to not eat that cookie because he wants the cookie. That is childish.

No it's like they are someone telling their sister, don't buy that pack of cookies, they took out 5 cookies from the 20 cookie pack and are still charging the same amount for it.

I'll admit some people are being an absolute *** about it, but buying this out of spire isn't a good idea.
  • Options
    utterlyunzippedutterlyunzipped Posts: 503 New Member
    edited July 2014
    SimmieDay wrote:
    Yes, I am gonna buy the game, and yes, I know there are no toddlers, no pools. But I'll buy it. And it's not because I don't care about toddlers, I play with toddlers all the time, I play with family's all the time. But the game is not 'incomplete' because there are no toddlers?! And I LOVE the cartoon style, And I LOVE the textures of the hairstyles. And no,
    I'm not a sheep, lame, stupid fangirl who follows EA. No, I am just a person who loves the Sims 4 because I like it. And It's because of some people who demand other players to NOT buy the game, or to DELAY there purchase, that I love the game EVEN MORE. And I think it's silly and lame to demand people to not buy the game, or to delay their purchase, because that is SILLY. It's not because YOU don't like the game, that you have the right to tell me to not buy the game. That is just rude.

So asking for something as simple as some help in a cause is silly and lame now is it... What a great humanitarian you are... My view of humanity has taken a bigger nose dive since seeing the response on these forums to a simple request for assistance... No demands, just a request...

Well, I'm not getting The Sims 4, but I shall be back when The Sims 5 is announced to give EAxis hell if they go down this route again...