Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Laundry

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2014
    I hope they add laundry into an EP!!! Also I'd love for other "boring/mundane" tasks to be added into an EP. I'd like sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming too! And maybe dusting. :D Stuff for my homemakers to do
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited June 2014
    My sims did laundry all the time, especially stay at home moms. I guess it's not a huge deal, but I still loved it. I love the little realistic touches in the game. :(
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't plan on buying TS4 when it first comes out. I might after a 1 or 2 but I do hope that they do add laundry in an EP later as I don't mind my Sims doing it in the game. I was disappointed when TS2 didn't have washing/drying machines... :( I made the house that I live in and wanted to add the washer and dryer where they are in my kitchen but couldn't because EA didn't have it in that game. So I was happy when I saw it in TS3... :D
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Wow I can live without pools and toddlers, but now they're taking away my dirty laundry!? This is a step too far....I'm canceling my pre-order.

((Joking by the way.))
    :lol:
    What is going on here? People are now disappointed because an EP option (that's completely boring and annoying) isn't in the basegame?
    No, I think it's more to do with the fact that we can clearly see a laundry basket in one of the pictures.

I do agree with you, though, on that it doesn't really disappoint me because it never was a base game feature. That and I don't think I really have any more disappointment left in me :P
    The laundry basket must be decorative.
    I understand disappointment about CASt, toddlers and pools. And no real open world.
    But if people start acting like this about laundry and sitting proposals (both from EP's, the proposal thing even was accompanied by the remark there will be tons of other romantic interactions sitting down) I think that might even weaken our 'case'.
    Yeah, that is a good point.

For me, laundry is just something I never really expected in the base game. I always approached this game knowing that it would feel very content-light compared to a fully loaded TS2 or 3. It's base game features being removed that I can't put up with.
  • Options
    userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited June 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Wow I can live without pools and toddlers, but now they're taking away my dirty laundry!? This is a step too far....I'm canceling my pre-order.

((Joking by the way.))

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited June 2014
    no surprise there :lol: but then again laundry did come in an ep...call me old but I do love having a neat sim in my game...someone has to man down the castle and keep the place clean
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2014
    Why did they have the laundry basket, then? lol

Maybe they originally meant to have it, but it got culled like so much else.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited June 2014
    The only thing good about laundry after a while was Abracadabra the magic bear gnome. I liked having the washer and dryer for decorative reasons though.

Abracadabra_the_Magical_Gnome_of_Laundry.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2014
    No we had a laundry basket in Sims 2 - it was just décor.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    The only thing good about laundry after a while was Abracadabra the magic bear gnome. I liked having the washer and dryer for decorative reasons though.

It's never just decorative, as soon as you add it to your household laundry starts piling up :wink:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited June 2014
    Katlyn2525 wrote:The only thing good about laundry after a while was Abracadabra the magic bear gnome. I liked having the washer and dryer for decorative reasons though.

astridentanja wrote: It's never just decorative, as soon as you add it to your household laundry starts piling up

I know. That is why it got annoying. Sims were always filling up the hampers or leaving clothes on the floor. I didn't mind having them actually do the laundry. It was the clothes on the floor that annoyed me.

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sigh this mean back to a deco cc washer and dryer in my game but i do hope they will bring this back eventualy eather in an ep or stuffpack or as store content :wink:
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    nyancat23nyancat23 Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I never actually had the full laundry experience, I remember updating my game once and then when my sim changed clothes they were in the ground and i was like ***?! I couldnt wash them cause i had no washer..and they had no where to go. My whole house was just fully of smelly clothes. But from the little bit i did see, I am not sad that its gone! :D
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited June 2014
    I didn´t expect loundry... it was not a base game feature
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have to say that I liked doing laundry in Sims 3. I remember my first Sim was really poor and she only had a washer so she had to hang her laundry on a clothes line and she got all wet...ahh the good old days. I didn't get Sims 3 until after Ambitions came out. So, I don't know what EP it came in. I know I was late getting it. I didn't get it until March 2011.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited June 2014
    I hope they add laundry into an EP!!! Also I'd love for other "boring/mundane" tasks to be added into an EP. I'd like sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming too! And maybe dusting. :D Stuff for my homemakers to do

I agree with you 100%. :) Every single day, my stay-at-home-moms (or dads) have absolutely nothing to do while their kids are at school, so they just stand around or work on their skills for the majority of the day. That makes them have a boring routine and I end up deleting the whole save game within a few days (or even hours) of playing because of that. Some may think it's boring, but it could be optional. :)
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm rather apathetic personally but I know a lot of simmers liked the option of laundry. I think they should add it somewhere down the line in a patch or a small part of an expansion pack like they did in Sims 3 Ambitions. I know a lot of builders put washers and dryers in their houses so they'd look more realistic.
  • Options
    ZackgirlAmIZackgirlAmI Posts: 37
    edited June 2014
    I never even knew there was laundry, must have been in an EP I didn't have but I can see why it would have been interesting to have in 4. Oh well what haven't they taken from 4.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    edited June 2014
    I never even knew there was laundry, must have been in an EP I didn't have but I can see why it would have been interesting to have in 4. Oh well what haven't they taken from 4.

They did introduce it in an EP but they also patched the game so that people who didn't have the EP that it was in, they could buy and download the washers and dryers from the store. That was 2 of the first things that I brought with the 1000SP that I got when I registered the base game... :)
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2014
    Boo! Is right. Don't put a basket in a pic if it's just an Easter egg. I only want to see what's
    In the base :
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm not surprised. I don't think laundry has ever been in a base game so it's not something I'm going to freak out about. It'll inevitably be added and if I own the game I will gladly buy it if it's reasonably priced.

Hear that, EA. Reasonably priced.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!