Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Laundry

SimGuruGraham has confirmed there will be no laundry:

<p><a href="https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham">@SimGuruGraham</a&gt; Will sims be able to do laundry in the base game? <a href="https://twitter.com/*******/TheSims4?src=****">#TheSims4</a></p>&mdash; ♦️ Meriç ♦️ (@simmeric) <a
<p><a href="https://twitter.com/simmeric">@simmeric</a&gt; No.</p>— Graham Nardone (@SimGuruGraham) <a href=" 28, 2014</a>

rur68x.png

Comments

• Options
    AsuraAsura Posts: 300 Member
    edited June 2014
    good riddance
  • Options
    GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Boo!
  • Options
    thesims3madthesims3mad Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree! I hated them in TS3, and hardly used them. Yes, they were realistic, but I personally found them very annoying!
  • Options
    loosmaloosma Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2014
    Figured as much after everything that has happened but I was loving the idea of it being there.

I just liked having that chore, it made things feel more real xD and I loved the noises of the machine.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited June 2014
    Remember tho that was originally an expansion pack thing anyway!
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree! I hated them in TS3, and hardly used them. Yes, they were realistic, but I personally found them very annoying!
    It was too mundane to be put in a game.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited June 2014
    Okay this I don't care about. Laundry was the WORST in TS3.
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited June 2014
    For those that didn't like laundry and are happy it isn't there the sims only got dirty clothes if you put hampers in the house making it 100% optional.

I love laundry in the Sims, makes it more realistic. Oh well it doesn't surprise me, it never was technically confirmed even. I guess the stuff is just decor...better than nothing though.
  • Options
    thesims3madthesims3mad Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2014
    Anthono wrote:
    It was too mundane to be put in a game.

Exactly. Sure, people want 'real-life', but certain things are mundane. That's the same reason they excluded services as careers such as maids and postman's.
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow I can live without pools and toddlers, but now they're taking away my dirty laundry!? This is a step too far....I'm canceling my pre-order.

((Joking by the way.))
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    And yet another misleading splash of waste from EA ...

[Img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/really_house_of_cards.gif[/img]
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    I loved doing laundry in the Sims :(
  • Options
    DolceDeLuxDolceDeLux Posts: 95 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I hated laundry anyway, but... I remember "A. Gym B. Tan C. Laundry"

lmaooo, their marketing is horrible

although, I didn't expect there to be tanning in the base game
  • Options
    DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited June 2014
    I really liked doing laundry.

It gave my Sims some really nice buffs and those buffs improved if you upgraded the washing machine.

Shame its not in the base game, but hopefully it DOES make a come back.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Wow I can live without pools and toddlers, but now they're taking away my dirty laundry!? This is a step too far....I'm canceling my pre-order.

((Joking by the way.))
    :lol:
    What is going on here? People are now disappointed because an EP option (that's completely boring and annoying) isn't in the basegame?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:

((Joking by the way.))
    What is going on here? People are now disappointed because an EP option (that's completely boring and annoying) isn't in the basegame?
    No, I think it's more to do with the fact that we can clearly see a laundry basket in one of the pictures.

I do agree with you, though, on that it doesn't really disappoint me because it never was a base game feature. That and I don't think I really have any more disappointment left in me :P
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited June 2014
    I loved doing laundry in the sims3 and i hope they will had this in an ep or sp
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited June 2014

I couldn't agree more!
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited June 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    Okay this I don't care about. Laundry was the WORST in TS3.

Yeah, this is definitely not a reason to not buy. I thought it was the greatest thing in TS3, until I added a washer dryer. Boy, what a mistake! :lol:
  • Options
    OmfgTabithaOmfgTabitha Posts: 67
    edited June 2014
    It was annoying anyways. Although, I did enjoy the realism. But they seem to not care about that. *Cough cough* Toddlers. *Cough*
  • Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited June 2014
    Aaaww I loved it when my poor sims would have to do their own laundry, or my sims would do it along with cleaning the rest of the place when they had a day off from work! :D

Oh well, hopefully it will be in a pack someday. :D
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:

((Joking by the way.))
    No, I think it's more to do with the fact that we can clearly see a laundry basket in one of the pictures.

I do agree with you, though, on that it doesn't really disappoint me because it never was a base game feature. That and I don't think I really have any more disappointment left in me :P
    The laundry basket must be decorative.
    I understand disappointment about CASt, toddlers and pools. And no real open world.
    But if people start acting like this about laundry and sitting proposals (both from EP's, the proposal thing even was accompanied by the remark there will be tons of other romantic interactions sitting down) I think that might even weaken our 'case'.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2014
    It's not a base game play so I wouldn't expect it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited June 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    It's not a base game play so I wouldn't expect it.

What does that have to do with it?

You can't berate people for being upset at traditionally base game features being removed, and then when it suits you, to say what you have. lol