Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some screens from the new trailer: Teens, Towns and Kitchens!

Comments

• Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2014
    SumoB wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks the town looks very plain and boring in this particular picture. :shock: Or is it just me?
    No. I don't know what's more worse:
    Showing the 100% inaccessible, non-interactive waterfront with that steamer boat or
    the new hood looking more and more like Stepfordville with every press release. :?

With each omission in game features, TS4 is becoming more and more similar to GTA V. It suggests more eye candy could be in route in prettily wrapped DLC mystery boxes.

But once you finally unwrap all that pretty packaging in Sept, you discover there is really nothing of substance in the base game to merit buying any future DLC :?
  • Options
    userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    delonariel wrote:
    Have any of you been to a high school lately?
    About 3 years ago...

And how many girls were underdeveloped and super skinny? I have three teenagers and that picture is a much closer representation of girls in high school. Not to mention that most girls quit growing by the time they are 14, not all, but most.

I agree Im just going by what they told us on how to tell the difference between adults and teens.

Oh I understand It's going to be hard to tell. I have a hard time in Sims 3 sometimes. But since in real life people come in all different heights, not just one, it is actually (though perhaps more annoying) more realistic.

I just don't understand why it's a good thing that it's "realistic" in this case. I know I started to develop ***** when I was twelve, but I also remember high school students being shorter, especially the boys.

Of course it's possible for teens to be that size, but we have to remember they're supposed to be a stage between children and young adults, not just 17 year-olds. The question is whether it's feasible to have age groups that are so difficult to tell a part in a *game* where it's really more useful for us to know who we're interacting with or who's walking down the street.

As it is we have children who look 8-10 leaping up to 17 and then sort of staying stagnant until elderhood. Where's the aging?

Exactly where is the aging? Aging isn't just about looking older it's about 'growing' and seems they stop growing as soon as they turn into a teen and then remain there forever, never shrinking either as some do by the time they are ninety. I always said throw out the YA they are useless in TS3 since you can extend the life of the adult forver in the game and put in 'middle age' Sims who aren't bent over and hobbling around but I love my elders, too!

And to those that think this is o.k. to have them all the same size, well then as someone said, just make the kids the same size as the everyone else, too! They can wear everybody's clothes then, too. YAY! wouldn't that be fun? And who in the heck wants to mouse over every Sim in the game to see if you have your eye on a teen for a mate or not? There is such a thing as 'way too much clicking' in The Sims, and TS3 is a fine example of it.

Only in real life a child is not the same height as an adult and my 14 and 17 year old children are taller than me and I'm 5' 7". My son is 6'2".
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited June 2014
    SumoB wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks the town looks very plain and boring in this particular picture. :shock: Or is it just me?

The backdrop looks very "cartoony" to me.
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    About 3 years ago...

And how many girls were underdeveloped and super skinny? I have three teenagers and that picture is a much closer representation of girls in high school. Not to mention that most girls quit growing by the time they are 14, not all, but most.

I agree Im just going by what they told us on how to tell the difference between adults and teens.

Oh I understand It's going to be hard to tell. I have a hard time in Sims 3 sometimes. But since in real life people come in all different heights, not just one, it is actually (though perhaps more annoying) more realistic.

I just don't understand why it's a good thing that it's "realistic" in this case. I know I started to develop "curves" when I was twelve, but I also remember high school students being shorter, especially the boys.

Of course it's possible for teens to be that size, but we have to remember they're supposed to be a stage between children and young adults, not just 17 year-olds. The question is whether it's feasible to have age groups that are so difficult to tell a part in a *game* where it's really more useful for us to know who we're interacting with or who's walking down the street.

As it is we have children who look 8-10 leaping up to 17 and then sort of staying stagnant until elderhood. Where's the aging?

So you want the aging to be realistic, but not the way they look? Sounds like a double standard to me. How could EA ever do anything right with that thinking?

No, that just depends on your definition of "realistic." I think they did a great job with all the ages in TS2, and the teens in TS3 were fine.

I don't feel like they need to keep the life stages realistic, but I don't think having teens the same height as adult is more realistic than them being shorter, either. I just want them to be distinguishable from adults both in height and appearance, and since they've managed it before I don't think it's an unrealistic expectation to have.
  • Options
    AbJo129AbJo129 Posts: 376 Member
    edited June 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    IcySlash wrote:
    I would love if Schools are open. But nope, this is probably edited
    It's just EA being EA: keeping your expectations high and then making the fall hurt more.

It could just be a library. Class rooms normally don't have desks facing opposite directions and it wouldn't make sense to have one right up against the wall like that.

tumblr_n7vw5emuLr1tdkc1to2_1280.png

My thoughts too → library.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2014
    Here are some Screens from the new trailer: I love the detail in this Kitchen and his freckles! It also looks like these are teens in school uniform!
    tumblr_n7vw5emuLr1tdkc1to2_1280.png
    Now why does this shot remind me of TS3's Uni? :hunf:
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    AbJo129 wrote:
    delonariel wrote:
    AbJo129 wrote:
    It doesn't seem that lively either and I am sick of all the wrestler masks. It makes the game seem like it is full of a certain kind of actor if you know what I mean...

Full of wrestlers? Sorry, can you explain, I'm just curious.

If you watch the last few trailers there are loads and loads of sims wearing masks like those that wrestlers wear. While I like the humour of the game I like to play with a good deal of realism and I have never seen so many wrestlers in one town in their mask irl..

Ah, yeah. Luckily we can delete individual families once the game is released, or give them a makeover. :-)

If its like the trailers for the Sims 3 many the sims that appear in it, won't even be in the game when it ships. There's also only going to be twelve household at most. You still might have to worry about the game generating NPC townies with those masks regardless, if you don't like them, but that shouldn't be too difficult to deal with. You can actually make your own Townies in the Sims 4. Not sure what the exact limitations are through.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/758423.page

I think the sims with the wrestling masks are kind of fun anyway.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:

tumblr_n7vw5emuLr1tdkc1to4_1280.png

I wonder if some of those buildings are fake, or if there's just more than one building on some of the lots. EA specifically said that there could only be a maximum of five buildings per neighborhood, however there's clearly more than five there and they're pretty close together to not be part of the same hood.

Notice the buildings at the waterfront, that's five, you have to go through a loading screen to cross the street probably. And no lines on the roads does this mean traffic flows in one direction and divided by the median? And the 2nd building looks like a rabbit hole but it could be one of those community lots. (the one with the awnings). I think that was used as the restaurant scene because of the balcony.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited June 2014
    yzV6KwH.png

Babs is a friggin' gold digger! :shock:
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    delonariel wrote:
    About 3 years ago...

I just don't understand why it's a good thing that it's "realistic" in this case. I know I started to develop ***** when I was twelve, but I also remember high school students being shorter, especially the boys.

Exactly where is the aging? Aging isn't just about looking older it's about 'growing' and seems they stop growing as soon as they turn into a teen and then remain there forever, never shrinking either as some do by the time they are ninety. I always said throw out the YA they are useless in TS3 since you can extend the life of the adult forver in the game and put in 'middle age' Sims who aren't bent over and hobbling around but I love my elders, too!

And to those that think this is o.k. to have them all the same size, well then as someone said, just make the kids the same size as the everyone else, too! They can wear everybody's clothes then, too. YAY! wouldn't that be fun? And who in the heck wants to mouse over every Sim in the game to see if you have your eye on a teen for a mate or not? There is such a thing as 'way too much clicking' in The Sims, and TS3 is a fine example of it.

Only in real life a child is not the same height as an adult and my 14 and 17 year old children are taller than me and I'm 5' 7". My son is 6'2".

Well I'm glad they managed to save time and money by cutting teen animation *and* find their demographic of people who want really tall teens.

Seriously, I'd never begrudge anyone else from getting what they want from this game, just pointing out that other people think it's a bit odd. I always loved watching my sims grow up and change with every birthday, but to each their own. :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Damienf519 wrote:

I wonder if some of those buildings are fake, or if there's just more than one building on some of the lots. EA specifically said that there could only be a maximum of five buildings per neighborhood, however there's clearly more than five there and they're pretty close together to not be part of the same hood.

Notice the buildings at the waterfront, that's five, you have to go through a loading screen to cross the street probably. And no lines on the roads does this mean traffic flows in one direction and divided by the median? And the 2nd building looks like a rabbit hole but it could be one of those community lots. (the one with the awnings). I think that was used as the restaurant scene because of the balcony.

But would they have it set up so that there's two different neighborhoods on the opposite side of the road? EA made it clear that there are only going to be around five neighborhoods per world. I have a feeling that either some of those buildings are fake or there's more than one on some of the lots.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    delonariel wrote:
    About 3 years ago...

Well I'm glad they managed to save time and money by cutting teen animation *and* find their demographic of people who want really tall teens.

Seriously, I'd never begrudge anyone else from getting what they want from this game, just pointing out that other people think it's a bit odd. I always loved watching my sims grow up and change with every birthday, but to each their own. :wink:

I don't want tall teens. I just don't understand why people are always say stuff is not realistic. It's a game, not real life. You can't say that the aging is not realistic but then want all teens to be shorter than adults when that's not realistic. The teens being tall is going to be annoying if there is no other way to differentiate between them and adults. But very little of the game is realistic.
  • Options
    AbJo129AbJo129 Posts: 376 Member
    edited June 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    Damienf519 wrote:

But would they have it set up so that there's two different neighborhoods on the opposite side of the road? EA made it clear that there are only going to be around five neighborhoods per world. I have a feeling that either some of those buildings are fake or there's more than one on some of the lots.

Yes but there are no rabbitholes in the game right? So if there is more than one building per lot, why can't apartments and terraced/row houaes be made?

Once again it feels like there is some contradictory 'facts' again.
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited June 2014
    Those teens look like frumpy adults... Young adults look younger then teens -.-

The town looks like plastic

And just to add something nice, the kitchen and clutter look great, but that machine looks to be a bit much for a simple cupcake
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited June 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    delonariel wrote:
    About 3 years ago...

I don't want tall teens. I just don't understand why people are always say stuff is not realistic. It's a game, not real life. You can't say that the aging is not realistic but then want all teens to be shorter than adults when that's not realistic. The teens being tall is going to be annoying if there is no other way to differentiate between them and adults. But very little of the game is realistic.

Yes but it IS a game based off of real life. The Sims is a LIFE SIMULATOR! Not Final Fantasy. It's supposed to SIMULATE LIFE! Hence the name SIMS. It's the basis for what this WHOLE series is based on.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    loosmaloosma Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2014
    those are teens O_o that one girls chest is already sagging or she is wearing a bad bad bad bra poor chest womp :(

so they go to school in catholic-esque school uniform? lol
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    AbJo129 wrote:
    Damienf519 wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    Damienf519 wrote:

Yes but there are no rabbitholes in the game right? So if there is more than one building per lot, why can't apartments and terraced/row houaes be made?

Once again it feels like there is some contradictory 'facts' again.

More than one building on a lot, is not the same thing as having more than one lot designation or more than one fully functioning house for another eight sims on the same lot. There's been more than one building on some of the lots in the previous games as well including the sims 3. It just wasn't very common. You're still not going to have more than twenty sims per active lot, even if that is the case. Most likely they'll just be things that don't need a special lot designation. However, many of them could also be fake buildings that are just meshes to make the town look better.
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited June 2014
    loosma wrote:
    those are teens O_o that one girls chest is already sagging or she is wearing a bad bad bad bra poor chest womp :(

I feel bad for the teens in this game :( they are getting the short end of the stick
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    delonariel wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    delonariel wrote:
    About 3 years ago...

Yes but it IS a game based off of real life. The Sims is a LIFE SIMULATOR! Not Final Fantasy. It's supposed to SIMULATE LIFE! Hence the name SIMS. It's the basis for what this WHOLE series is based on.

Then your life is more exciting than mine because my life doesn't have...genies, werewolves, vampires, witches, faeries, time travel, broomsticks, cowplants...shall I go on?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    mene wrote:
    loosma wrote:

I feel bad for the teens in this game :( they are getting the short end of the stick

Nah... I think that'd be the toddlers. At least the teens are in the game.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    delonariel wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    delonariel wrote:
    About 3 years ago...

Then your life is more exciting than mine because my life doesn't have...genies, werewolves, vampires, witches, faeries, time travel, broomsticks, cowplants...shall I go on?

But those are expansion packs. They didn't just come in with the base game. The base game first and foremost is supposed to be a representation of real life. It always has and always will be.
  • Options
    mysticdiva2mysticdiva2 Posts: 699 Member
    edited June 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:

I only see 5 buildings 4 on the left side of the screen and 1 on the right..
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited June 2014
    SumoB wrote:

If this is what the game looks like, Sims 3 is better. This looks like graphics from Sims Social.
  • Options
    BlackPearlWolfBlackPearlWolf Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    SadieD123 wrote:
    delonariel wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    delonariel wrote:
    About 3 years ago...

But those are expansion packs. They didn't just come in with the base game. The base game first and foremost is supposed to be a representation of real life. It always has and always will be.
    Really, again as was said before your life must be a nonstop thrill ride then. I had no idea Ghost, Money trees, Death Fish, Life extending Ambrosia, Life Fruit, Death Fruit, Flame Fruit or that Teleportation Pads are used in real life also. Not to mention how exciting it must be to actually meet Death and have a sit down with him. Or the giddy thrill of that first real life ghost child with your real life ghost spouse. So no the base Sims game has never been about a real life simulation of life ever.