Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some screens from the new trailer: Teens, Towns and Kitchens!

Comments

• Options
    howahkan319howahkan319 Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2014
    My thoughts-

First picture- that looks like a restaurant to me. Check the menue looking picture on the left. What is that big thing the Sim is on? Nectar making? Jam?

Second picture- At least they're doing teenage like things. But the teen in the back.. While it's nice they're representing teens who develop early like I did.. But.. My what a big chest she has.

Third- is this that Babs Sim? Her expression is cute. Wonder what the Sims behind her are doing.

Fourth- ohhh look how cute the town is!! It looks like a "Main Street" in a small town! I like it. Looks cute. The red and green buildings look like shops.
  • Options
    CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2014
    The teens definitely don't look like teens. They look like adults.
  • Options
    LOVE_LOCKDOWNLOVE_LOCKDOWN Posts: 324 Member
    edited June 2014
    Have any of you been to a high school lately?
    About 3 years ago...

And how many girls were underdeveloped and super skinny? I have three teenagers and that picture is a much closer representation of girls in high school. Not to mention that most girls quit growing by the time they are 14, not all, but most.

I agree Im just going by what they told us on how to tell the difference between adults and teens.
    http://sir-greendown.tumblr.com/
    2i0aybc.jpg

To find these sims4 creations type SOULB1 under origin ID.

• Options
    howahkan319howahkan319 Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2014

I see what you're saying. I went to a rather large high school and most of them (taking into account gat they were real people and these are Sims) were developed like those Sims.
  • Options
    userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited June 2014
    About 3 years ago...

And how many girls were underdeveloped and super skinny? I have three teenagers and that picture is a much closer representation of girls in high school. Not to mention that most girls quit growing by the time they are 14, not all, but most.

I agree Im just going by what they told us on how to tell the difference between adults and teens.

Oh I understand It's going to be hard to tell. I have a hard time in Sims 3 sometimes. But since in real life people come in all different heights, not just one, it is actually (though perhaps more annoying) more realistic.
  • Options
    LOVE_LOCKDOWNLOVE_LOCKDOWN Posts: 324 Member
    edited June 2014
    About 3 years ago...

Oh I understand It's going to be hard to tell. I have a hard time in Sims 3 sometimes. But since in real life people come in all different heights, not just one, it is actually (though perhaps more annoying) more realistic.

I usually see a sims and decide yup thats the 1 for my sims before they even speak. Now I might pick a teen and be ****** lmao.
    http://sir-greendown.tumblr.com/
    2i0aybc.jpg

To find these sims4 creations type SOULB1 under origin ID.

• Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    They could be adults in school uniforms for all we know xD.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:

tumblr_n7vw5emuLr1tdkc1to4_1280.png

I wonder if some of those buildings are fake, or if there's just more than one building on some of the lots. EA specifically said that there could only be a maximum of five buildings per neighborhood, however there's clearly more than five there and they're pretty close together to not be part of the same hood.

That is an interesting thought! We may have load screens, but maybe we can have more than one building per lot on community lots. Just like when I would build malls in the Sims 1.

Technically we can have more than one building on the same lot, in all three of the previous games. We just can't give different buildings on the same lot, different lot designations.
  • Options
    AbJo129AbJo129 Posts: 376 Member
    edited June 2014
    So I am still unimpressed. The town looks dead. The graphics no longer seem fun but kind of flat and dull, I mean thoses shops don't look like innovative designs to me!

It doesn't seem that lively either and I am sick of all the wrestler masks. It makes the game seem like it is full of a certain kind of actor if you know what I mean...

It is highly unlikely that we can set school uniforms, hell it's unlikely that we'll even see a school! It'll just be another invisible rabbithole.

This still doesn't count as a gameplay trailer to me. It is so obviously staged and yet still the game looks empty for a base game. As far as I'm concerned, we have had a few days of bashing ea for taking so much out (again) and they've gone, "look: emotions, ooh and a pretty rocket and cupcakes, ooh," and people are lapping it up. Guys they deleted a lifestage and then made teens YA -2 years. This is not good enough!!!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    It looks very..... basic? Idk..... Just..... idk.

Yes, this picture is just Idk. And just think first they said we could place objects in the public spaces ( I would want to dress it up) and then they said we misunderstood and there is NO editing this here. Now that also bothers me. Because even in TS2's base game I could place neighborhood objects seen from over all neighborhood view and if close to my Sim house I could see it with 'decoration' on. But won't be able to place or change anything out there.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ahhh.... teens that look like 20-something bimbos. Every mother's worst nightmare. Good one EA.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm having a big issue with teens being the same height as adults. This could end up being a deal-breaker for me. I can deal with pretty much everything else recently, but I need to be able to distinguish a teenager from an adult. :?
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Mcphee1964Mcphee1964 Posts: 106
    edited June 2014
    I love the detail of the freckles. In perfect truth this game is exactly what I wanted, if you were to base it all off visuals. I love the art style they've gone for.

I think that those uniforms might be like the ones the advertised with TS3 Generations. On the box art it showed teen sims in uniform, when in fact there was no actual school uniform in the game.

I love the clutter objects too, it makes the rooms feel so realistic.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014
    Are they in some kind of school?
    We had the same debate over the Generations trailer where people thought the schools would be open.

The-sims-3-generations-screenshots.jpg

Just be warned, it is 99% likely just staged.
    I don't understand, it is possible to take that screenshot in your game isn't it?
    Tell me where the lie is? It's clearly not a classroom but a library where they are standing.
    (not saying they don't make things look better than they are, I just don't see it here)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    AbJo129 wrote:
    It doesn't seem that lively either and I am sick of all the wrestler masks. It makes the game seem like it is full of a certain kind of actor if you know what I mean...

Full of wrestlers? Sorry, can you explain, I'm just curious.
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    I would love if Schools are open. But nope, this is probably edited
    It's just EA being EA: keeping your expectations high and then making the fall hurt more.
  • Options
    AbJo129AbJo129 Posts: 376 Member
    edited June 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    AbJo129 wrote:

If you watch the last few trailers there are loads and loads of sims wearing masks like those that wrestlers wear. While I like the humour of the game I like to play with a good deal of realism and I have never seen so many wrestlers in one town in their mask irl..
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    About 3 years ago...

I just don't understand why it's a good thing that it's "realistic" in this case. I know I started to develop "curves" when I was twelve, but I also remember high school students being shorter, especially the boys.

Of course it's possible for teens to be that size, but we have to remember they're supposed to be a stage between children and young adults, not just 17 year-olds. The question is whether it's feasible to have age groups that are so difficult to tell a part in a *game* where it's really more useful for us to know who we're interacting with or who's walking down the street.

As it is we have children who look 8-10 leaping up to 17 and then sort of staying stagnant until elderhood. Where's the aging?

• Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2014
    So are these 'teens' suppose to be like 18 or 19 is age..? Cause those are some full figured 13-14 year olds

Don't know about where your from but teens in the uk are developing a lot faster, with most 13 -15 year olds having a fuller figure.
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited June 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    About 3 years ago...

I just don't understand why it's a good thing that it's "realistic" in this case. I know I started to develop "curves" when I was twelve, but I also remember high school students being shorter, especially the boys.

Of course it's possible for teens to be that size, but we have to remember they're supposed to be a stage between children and young adults, not just 17 year-olds. The question is whether it's feasible to have age groups that are so difficult to tell a part in a *game* where it's really more useful for us to know who we're interacting with or who's walking down the street.

As it is we have children who look 8-10 leaping up to 17 and then sort of staying stagnant until elderhood. Where's the aging?

So you want the aging to be realistic, but not the way they look? Sounds like a double standard to me. How could EA ever do anything right with that thinking?
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2014
    IcySlash wrote:
    I would love if Schools are open. But nope, this is probably edited
    It's just EA being EA: keeping your expectations high and then making the fall hurt more.

It could just be a library. Class rooms normally don't have desks facing opposite directions and it wouldn't make sense to have one right up against the wall like that.

tumblr_n7vw5emuLr1tdkc1to2_1280.png

• Options
    edited June 2014
    AbJo129 wrote:
    delonariel wrote:
    AbJo129 wrote:

If you watch the last few trailers there are loads and loads of sims wearing masks like those that wrestlers wear. While I like the humour of the game I like to play with a good deal of realism and I have never seen so many wrestlers in one town in their mask irl..

Ah, yeah. Luckily we can delete individual families once the game is released, or give them a makeover. :-)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    About 3 years ago...

I just don't understand why it's a good thing that it's "realistic" in this case. I know I started to develop ***** when I was twelve, but I also remember high school students being shorter, especially the boys.

Exactly where is the aging? Aging isn't just about looking older it's about 'growing' and seems they stop growing as soon as they turn into a teen and then remain there forever, never shrinking either as some do by the time they are ninety. I always said throw out the YA they are useless in TS3 since you can extend the life of the adult forver in the game and put in 'middle age' Sims who aren't bent over and hobbling around but I love my elders, too!

And to those that think this is o.k. to have them all the same size, well then as someone said, just make the kids the same size as the everyone else, too! They can wear everybody's clothes then, too. YAY! wouldn't that be fun? And who in the heck wants to mouse over every Sim in the game to see if you have your eye on a teen for a mate or not? There is such a thing as 'way too much clicking' in The Sims, and TS3 is a fine example of it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.