Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Manor House - by Yanti

yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
Hi guys, :D

Today I shared a second empire inspired build. It is called Old Manor House and it has 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, living room, large kitchen/ diner, study, music room, art room, wrap around porch, a pond and a gazebo. I hope you guys like my build. All comments, downloads and recommendations are always appreciated. Here as some pics:

14437118752_9316460a9c_z.jpg

14437118642_75efb55654_z.jpg

14458658853_5bfb77a4e3_z.jpg

14437158082_ede6794b5c_z.jpg

14437158092_b9a3689af6_z.jpg

14252095727_068d96339d_z.jpg

14437118762_ef3d37d71e_z.jpg

14458658503_ddc33f3e54_z.jpg

14458658603_47184ea11c_z.jpg

14437158152_c959f9d12a_z.jpg

14437158112_a640f704dc_z.jpg

14435156581_58f82e158e_z.jpg

14435156611_4600a3256a_z.jpg

14435156681_d7c453d943_z.jpg

14435171251_b8e78a1eb4_z.jpg

14435156801_68ecc78988_z.jpg

14435171121_ffc62ff616_z.jpg

14435171241_debbd6c26e_z.jpg

14437118652_c4c9b25d3a_z.jpg

Download link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8288997

Slideshow link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49543168@N08/sets/72157645155912236/

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited June 2014
    Old Manor House is a very nice home ! :) Very nice exterior of it! The tower looks very nice! It looks nice the types of windows that you have used. It looks great how you have used the items from the manor set. Very nice wraparound porch! It looks great how you have done the front steps! The way you have done the plants through the outdoors areas looks very nice! The gazebo is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the seats in the gazebo, enjoying the outdoors air. Nice pond area. The water fountain features in the pond looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice shades of colours that you have used through the home! Very nice living room. Nice comfortable elegant armchairs and sofas that you have placed there for sims to enjoy sitting and relaxing on. They will enjoy having a chat, watching tv or reading a book, and the fireplace will keep the room warm. The framed pictures on the wall are nice for sims to see when sitting there. The scenic picture on the wall above the tv is a nice background to see when looking at the tv. The type of ceiling lights that you have used through the home looks elegant and nice and suits well the type of home. The lights and statues on the fireplace ledge look nice there. The candle wall lights look stately and nice. Nice design of and furnishing of the kitchen and dining room! Nice type of dining seats that you have used. The flowers on the dining table are a pretty sight for sims to enjoy seeing when dining there. It looks great how you have done the fridge area with the counters placed either side of the fridge The lemonade jug and the coffee machine on the counters are great for sims to enjoy having a drink with their meal. Sims will enjoy listening to music from the stereo whilst dining. Very nice colour shade and texture of the kitchen and dining room curtains, and all the curtains through the home. The colours you have used through the home create a calming feel. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms. The types of beds that you have used looks very nice. Very nice master bedroom! It looks nice how you have placed the candlelights on the bedside tables, and the sunflowers pictures on the wall are a nice sunny sight for sims to see when waking up in the mornings. Very nice vanity table. The candlelights, beauty products and flowers on the table are nice touches. Nice window sitting areas. It looks nice that you have the three angled full length mirror there for sims to check their appearance in. It looks nice that you how you have recoloured and placed the mannequin in the other double bedroom. Very nice scenic pictures that you have placed on the walls in the single bed room for sims to see when laying in bed.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow, stunning build, Yanti! I hope you're doing well; I haven't been around much recently. Good timing on both our parts to drop by at the same time. xD

I love your first pic showing the manor atop a hill bathed in sunlight. It looks almost real, and I can definitely imagine seeing something as grand as that in real life. Great job! :-)

The massive porch is awesome, too. I would love a house like that in real life! And your gazebo is wonderfully built. In fact, everything about this house screams old world money and extravagance. I'd definitely download if I had this set from the store. :-)

I can, however, still give a rec, so for sure one is coming your way! xD
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yanti -- your Old Manor House is absolutely gorgeous! Great work! The porch and landscaping, color scheme, gazebo -- all of it works together so well! I love it, rec'd!!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    snowpatrolchlosnowpatrolchlo Posts: 350
    edited June 2014
    really really pretty!
    Well done. :D
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh Yanti! The Old Manor House is delightfully gorgeous! Well done use of the Now and Then pieces and wonderful landscaping and use of terrain tools! I am off to leave a very well deserved rec!

My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited June 2014
    What a stunning manor! The landscape is beautiful with rocks and plants. The gazebo looks really elegant too. Interior is really classy, especially that dining room looks gorgeous! I love every details of it. So happy to see your new building, Yanti! Left you a big rec :D
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited June 2014
    Beautiful, Yanti, just beautiful! I love the soft colors you've used. I love the cozy landscaping! The whole build is just so soothing and welcoming!

Rec'd!
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited June 2014
    Old Manor House is just Gorgeous, Yanti! Fabulous design of the exterior with really gorgeous colors. The landscaping is so lush and beautiful with that lovely pond and gazebo. And your interiors are classically elegant. Rec'd of course! Hugs, Cath :D
  • Options
    Heather3184Heather3184 Posts: 431 Member
    edited June 2014
    Absolutely stunning Yanti!! I love these kind of builds. They are my favorite to do. Once again another fab build from you. Keep up the excellent work. ♥
    bea341.jpg
  • Options
    FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    edited June 2014
    Beautiful work Yanti! Love the color contrast with the side tower :thumbup: and as always your landscaping is natural and eyecatching. Your interiors feel bright, warm and most importantly spacious, which I know can be difficult with all the furniture you normally find in a traditional style. It's hard to not make even a big room seem cramped, but you've done a fantastic job making your rooms feel open! :mrgreen: Rec'd
  • Options
    MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh Wow yanti! That is gorgeous! The landscaping is stunning, and the inside is a dream. You do beautiful work. :D
  • Options
    Sallidra20Sallidra20 Posts: 604 Member
    edited June 2014
    Beautiful Yanti! I love your use of the set and all of the soft pretty colors. Can I move in, please. :lol: It's just perfect!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2014
    Gorgeous build. Love the gazebo!
  • Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited June 2014
    Love it, Yanti. So pretty and well laid out. Bravo.
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh Yanti, it's dreamy! Packed full of old world charm :mrgreen:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited June 2014
    Absolutely beautiful work Yanti :mrgreen: , I rec'd it in the middle of the night and sadly didn't comment :roll: .
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    edited June 2014
    Stunning architecture, beautiful landscaping and exquisite interiors. Truly gorgeous :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi Yanti
    Old manor house is a very impressive build positioned perfectly at the top of a hill.
    I love the exterior pictures of this majestic build in the warm light of sunset, surrounded by a beautifully Yanti landscaped garden. The formal decor is elegant and looks wonderful in its neutral colour palette. Rec'd and of course straight into my favourite files it goes. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Rose - Thank you dear! :D You are always the first to comment on everyone's thread! You are a treasure! I am so happy that you liked my build. Thanks a lot! ((Hugs)) :D
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yikes! :mrgreen: That house is just stunning Yanti! It looks amazing, I love the front way stairs, and how they curve along the mountainside. Great furnishings. It looks very sophisticated :D ~YJ~

Edit to Say: I HAVE left a very great REC' :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    tdewd wrote:
    Wow, stunning build, Yanti! I hope you're doing well; I haven't been around much recently. Good timing on both our parts to drop by at the same time. xD

I love your first pic showing the manor atop a hill bathed in sunlight. It looks almost real, and I can definitely imagine seeing something as grand as that in real life. Great job! :-)

The massive porch is awesome, too. I would love a house like that in real life! And your gazebo is wonderfully built. In fact, everything about this house screams old world money and extravagance. I'd definitely download if I had this set from the store. :-)

I can, however, still give a rec, so for sure one is coming your way! xD

Hey Tom! :D How are you doing? Great to see you here in the forums again! Still building I hope? Thanks so much for the sweet comments! Very thoughtful of you! I hope you can get the set because it is full with builders' goodies! :mrgreen: Thanks a lot for the recommendation too. ((Hugs)) :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Idontrcall wrote:
    Yanti -- your Old Manor House is absolutely gorgeous! Great work! The porch and landscaping, color scheme, gazebo -- all of it works together so well! I love it, rec'd!!

Hi there! Nice of you to visit my thread! :D I am glad that you think that everything fits well together! I always try to build and decorate according to the style of the house! Glad you approve! :D Thanks so much for the recommendation. ((Hugs)) :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    really really pretty!
    Well done. :D

Thanks so much! Glad you liked it. ((Hugs)) :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh Yanti! The Old Manor House is delightfully gorgeous! Well done use of the Now and Then pieces and wonderful landscaping and use of terrain tools! I am off to leave a very well deserved rec!

Thank you Sherry! You are always so sweet and supportive! Glad you liked everything! Thanks so much for the recommendation too. ((Hugs)) :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    AMY!!

Thank you so much dear! :D I am happy to hear you liked my manor house! I wanted to go for a soft colour combo for both the exterior and the interiors. I am glad you approve! Had great fun with the landscaping too. Thanks so much for the recommendation. Appreciate it. ((Hugs)) :D