Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AUGUST set speculation! NEW HINT AS OF JULY 30th!

Comments

• Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited July 2014
    I told myself I was NOT going to look in here until after the 15th. But, I'm stuck in one of those annual medical marathons they subject Elder Humans to - do this, do that, go there do that, and that and this, and then go over there and do this.... Lots of walking around and waiting. I think the real test is that if you're still ticking and coherent at the end of it - they figure you're good to go for another year. :wink: My So-in-Law (he's the best) left an hour ago to take a nap in the car.

Back on topic. A window. Well, that goes with ivy. What sort of building has ivy and impressive or awesome or strikingly lovely windows? We have an Art Gallery. And the T&N Mansion. We have a Library. :? Hmmm?

I'm typing on my iPad - so.... any errors are just going to stay here.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Maybe the window opens and closes. :wink: Or we can throw unwelcome party guests (trying to change everyone to fairies with Amjoie's elixirs) out of it. :D
  • Options
    DianeTaylorDianeTaylor Posts: 701 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yay!!! We got a clue! Thank you Alan!!!

Remember when I got excited about a chair in the BG Set? Doing that for an epic window in Aug.

Woooo! Thanks Cinderelli!

And, of course, Alan! lol

My imagination is running wild!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    dizzydee wrote:
    Maybe the window opens and closes. :wink: Or we can throw unwelcome party guests (trying to change everyone to fairies with Amjoie's elixirs) out of it. :D

hehe Funny!

And that's one of the things I was thinking on the windows- would be so cool! Of course the 2-story windows would be fantastic too!

Take care Dizz & don't wear yourself out too much being shuffled around- hugs
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited July 2014
    dizzydee wrote:

Paparazzi defenestration would be a very good idea :twisted: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    edited July 2014
    Maybe its a stained glass window, that doesn't have to be crafted first!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    dizzydee wrote:

Paparazzi defenestration would be a very good idea :twisted: :mrgreen:

:lol:

Hi, Diane. Hugs to you, too.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Wait. Was he referring to the hanging egg chair? What does that have to do with a window, epic or otherwise? I'm confused.

Copeland got really excited about that egg chair! It was funny because there's the LGR running joke about there being so many chairs in the game. Then this one came out and everyone was like, 'Wow! It actually is a really cool chair!'.

So I'm guessing there is something special or quirky about this window.

I have my hopes for something but I'm too nervous to say. :)
    I would love to see an eyebrow window that could work on the roof of a building.

eyebrow_03_zps9fcc5434.jpg

eyebrow_02_zps49512e43.jpg

eyebrow_01_zps257ef751.jpg

Also, I was recently playing Sims 2 and was reminded how much I love the loft windows that tilt out at the top. There was also a matching closed version of it. I'd love to see them in Sims 3.

Best Regards,
    Nik
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Wait. Was he referring to the hanging egg chair? What does that have to do with a window, epic or otherwise? I'm confused.

Copeland got really excited about that egg chair! It was funny because there's the LGR running joke about there being so many chairs in the game. Then this one came out and everyone was like, 'Wow! It actually is a really cool chair!'.

I would love to see an eyebrow window that could work on the roof of a building.

Also, I was recently playing Sims 2 and was reminded how much I love the loft windows that tilt out at the top. There was also a matching closed version of it. I'd love to see them in Sims 3.

Best Regards,
    Nik

Good ideas

Eveebella
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Eveebella wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:

Best Regards,
    Nik

Good ideas

Eveebella

Agreed. I especially like the middle one.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    dizzydee wrote:
    I told myself I was NOT going to look in here until after the 15th. But, I'm stuck in one of those annual medical marathons they subject Elder Humans to - do this, do that, go there do that, and that and this, and then go over there and do this.... Lots of walking around and waiting. I think the real test is that if you're still ticking and coherent at the end of it - they figure you're good to go for another year. :wink: My So-in-Law (he's the best) left an hour ago to take a nap in the car.

Back on topic. A window. Well, that goes with ivy. What sort of building has ivy and impressive or awesome or strikingly lovely windows? We have an Art Gallery. And the T&N Mansion. We have a Library. :? Hmmm?

I'm typing on my iPad - so.... any errors are just going to stay here.

Awww... that sounds like my kind of building! Something old and impressive with ivy curling up around it! Yum!

Who knows, maybe it's a working hospital venue! :lol:

I hope you are ok and it's just a routine check?
    Aoralys wrote:
    Maybe its a stained glass window, that doesn't have to be crafted first!

More stained glass windows would be awesome!

Nik24X7, those windows are very cute!

Ok... I'm feeling braver now. This is something I've wanted for a long time so I'm scared to suggest it and be told it isn't right. :cry:

But I'd really like a huge clock face. I think it'd be a really cool window. :)

006+-+Clock+Face.JPG

2010-0505-Grand-Central-Terminal-013.jpg

sherlockmoviemoriartybigben.jpg

Pleeeeeaaaase don't tell me I'm wrong! :cry:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ok... I'm feeling braver now. This is something I've wanted for a long time so I'm scared to suggest it and be told it isn't right. :cry:

006+-+Clock+Face.JPG

OOOh! That would be lovely.

Thank you... it was just the routine annual torture.
  • Options
    lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2014
    Maybe a bay window, with removable seating? With the option of adding other seats (without MOO). I've been wanting that for a long time.

Cinderelli, I'd love clock windows, too! :wink:
  • Options
    RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited July 2014

006+-+Clock+Face.JPG

Those are amazing! :shock:
    Hmmmmm... SimGuruCopeland has been into round lately. :wink:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2014

Remember when I got excited about a chair in the BG Set? Doing that for an epic window in Aug.

Hmm I wonder what that means. Keep in mind this window still may not be pc as the chair wasn't it just looked unique.

On the other hand what if it's an a pc window that sims can open or shut or a bay window with a seat attached? Whatever it is this sounds like a possible Mansion and Garden Part 2 of the mansion part.

I'm just speculating though.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ooooo Loving all the window pics & ideas!
    I'll take several sizes/designs of each one please & thank you!
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014
    Could be some sort of garden or something containing hanging windows... if you Google these you will see a number of them that would look nice surrounded by ivy in some form or fashion :wink:
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well I could go for some epic windows. One or two story...

d68a676a4b1a0a3bf3c258db58a4f075.jpg

f2cca01314ab807eb5cf593cb1799fe0.jpg

glaslood.jpg

9a4fb096c2d8ecef82a4da47a17d83fb.jpg

d62e3311a70fedc86344bd5cb96c942c.jpg

09c5b92ee8c541a2c36643c16d2800d9.jpg

8281afc90fd1ae649c3a3f09a05dd35b.jpg

576961_448980485144111_91689981_n.jpg

I'm tempted to apologize for the picture spam...but nah. They're really beautiful. :D:D
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    How about these images from the Musée d'Orsay in Paris:

imagesSRASVV74_zps8f155b46.jpg

imagesMM6NNS9P_zpsde3a905d.jpg

Best Regards,
    Nik
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited July 2014

Thank you Cinderelli my lovely for this update :)
    I love the Egg Chair! :D I am certain that the window will indeed be something truly special :D

SimGuruCopeland we now need to see an image of this window... :):wink:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    How about these images from the Musée d'Orsay in Paris:

imagesSRASVV74_zps8f155b46.jpg

imagesMM6NNS9P_zpsde3a905d.jpg

Best Regards,
    Nik

These images are just gorgeous Nik!! :) :thumbup:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Maybe a bay window, with removable seating? With the option of adding other seats (without MOO). I've been wanting that for a long time.

Cinderelli, I'd love clock windows, too! :wink:

A functional Bay Window, with seating for brunch would be delightful :) I would love to see round/curved windows and doors :D

bay-window-decor-decoration-design-window-seat-favim.com-.jpg
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014
    I still think there's a reason why SGC compared this window to the hanging chair from BG in particular. Plus, I think these hanging windows would look good with ivy, as SGC mentioned August's set would.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2014
    I still think there's a reason why SGC compared this window to the hanging chair from BG in particular. Plus, I think these hanging windows would look good with ivy, as SGC mentioned August's set would.

:D When I think of a really nice window, I think of window seats that sims can sit in or nap in. Since he brought up the chair and a window, I just thought window seat was a good guess.

Just looked up above and saw Kate thinking the same way.

With no summer set and summer going by, I'm at a loss when I look at the list of things it is not. :)
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2014
    sims2clos_zps4a790336.png

This is more of a want than a guess. I would like to have these slide door closets like we had in the sims 2.

Oh. I would like that.