Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AUGUST set speculation! NEW HINT AS OF JULY 30th!

Comments

• Options
    hippies67hippies67 Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love dif. cultures, so I'm hoping for something different than what we already have. Irish/Scottish Pub would be nice, something with bagpipes...yay!!! :D

Also, would love more shop keeping sets and pool items.

(For the sims 1 I made a Mc Donalds (fast food) set and a Home Depot set.)
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited July 2014
    chasingAJ wrote:
    Something that looks pretty with ivy... hmmm....

I think that it's going to be another builders set. That's something that we've asked for over and over and over again and even had a really long picture thread going for ages. I hope that it has lots of different matching windows or maybe windows with lots of different stencils and ditto doors and etc.

I am hoping *fingers crossed* for a builder set.

The PC could be just about anything and I'd still buy it. I was a little disappointed in the Then and Now set, so I'm hoping for more matching things and maybe something super spiffy. Like a different take on the Then and Now with several door options (recolorable knobs would be awesome) or a dozen sets of curtains. I'd buy it like a hoarder. :oops:

Did we get a hit about Ivy? Hmmm...first thing that comes to mind is bricks. Masonry?
    Speaking of bricks, I've always wanted brick steps like these

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyfs5wRLtkhedXyR8UMQQ8_1yCtEmtI6DA8ByY4yc8SZl2xxKp

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvp5rwXi6BdpJP7OtY5tbXcTK2zjgnsTG4DEEYyeG6VBUT7IZv

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQK0HNa1UclNqGp2LUsCOys-1i4A-H40GVurJ60Tm3K0v3asVDxGg
    Round steps would be great Dragon :D A round door would also be great :D:wink:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited July 2014
    Apparently there is a new featured look set coming out soon:

x1ge41.jpg

https://twitter.com/SimGuruTatertot/status/487338811894947841

Hopefully there will still be an August set with PC, though.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2014
    DCExplorer wrote:

x1ge41.jpg

The house looks similar to a cabin theme and I see a pool with the wave machine. Hmm I wonder what the theme of this set is.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yoga for certain. Lots of new physical fitness stuff would be nice.

I also really want more theme park type stuff. The two venues, Boardwalk and the Wonder stuff look like they'll go well together. But I'd love more rides and games, a full out theme park set up would be fun to build. (I just went to a water park this month so I'm chomping at the bit to go back already!)

I think yoga was ruled out for August.
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited July 2014
    The house looks similar to a cabin theme and I see a pool with the wave machine. Hmm I wonder what the theme of this set is.

It's a Featured Look called "Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty", which gets my hopes up that the August set might just be a nice summer-themed set :D I love that this is a SimGuruKitty build, too. Her builds are amazing, and do I spy a little lighthouse-esque part where the roof is near the top left of the picture that is cut off :) :?:
  • Options
    RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited July 2014
    DCExplorer wrote:

x1ge41.jpg

That looks nice!

I think I see a lighthouse on the side of the house too. :D
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited July 2014
    DCExplorer wrote:

It's a Featured Look called "Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty", which gets my hopes up that the August set might just be a nice summer-themed set :D I love that this is a SimGuruKitty build, too. Her builds are amazing, and do I spy a little lighthouse-esque part where the roof is near the top left of the picture that is cut off :) :?:
    Hello everyone :) (^.^)/ *waves*
    A summer themed set would be lovely :)
    SimGuruKitty is an amazing builder - I love the Old Mill lot :D This home is gorgeous! :mrgreen:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited July 2014
    A new featured look will be nice. :-)

I'm glad we know some of what we are not getting.

Given that some of the things I really would love to have in my game are in the list of things we are not getting this time, I have to say I'd be very pleased with a comprehensive build set that has lots of the things from that builders thread we added so many requests to last year.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2014
    :(:D I hope it isn't a featured look. Like compilations, they are a waste of time for the many who buy as each thing comes out and if they are made at all should be an extra. I think it would be cruel to even get any more featured looks as we only get one set a month now and featured looks add no new content. It is like getting no set at all for many simmers. I don't even look at them. :(

:D An ivy covered tree would be neat. Maybe something peaceful comes to mind. With Ivy as a clue and the many things that have been ruled out, I give up on this one. I guess I will just have to wait until the pic. Since one third of the month is over, maybe a guru will feel sorry for us tomorrow and give us a pic or just out and out tell us something that will be in it. One can dream. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    DCExplorer wrote:

Oh yeah I see the lighthouse design too now. :-)

I wonder if the inside of the house is beach themed with previous beach sets we've gotton like the villa set and others.

You could have something about a beach or pool set next month. I sure hope so. I'd rather it be for pools though. A hammock would work for either a beach or pool set. :wink:

Has Simguru Copeland ruled out Hammock's for August?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I have all the beach sets so It will probebly be free for me.
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited July 2014
    chasingAJ wrote:
    Something that looks pretty with ivy... hmmm....

I think that it's going to be another builders set. That's something that we've asked for over and over and over again and even had a really long picture thread going for ages. I hope that it has lots of different matching windows or maybe windows with lots of different stencils and ditto doors and etc.

I am hoping *fingers crossed* for a builder set.

The PC could be just about anything and I'd still buy it. I was a little disappointed in the Then and Now set, so I'm hoping for more matching things and maybe something super spiffy. Like a different take on the Then and Now with several door options (recolorable knobs would be awesome) or a dozen sets of curtains. I'd buy it like a hoarder. :oops:

Did we get a hit about Ivy? Hmmm...first thing that comes to mind is bricks. Masonry?
    Speaking of bricks, I've always wanted brick steps like these

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyfs5wRLtkhedXyR8UMQQ8_1yCtEmtI6DA8ByY4yc8SZl2xxKp

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvp5rwXi6BdpJP7OtY5tbXcTK2zjgnsTG4DEEYyeG6VBUT7IZv

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQK0HNa1UclNqGp2LUsCOys-1i4A-H40GVurJ60Tm3K0v3asVDxGg
    Round steps would be great Dragon :D A round door would also be great :D:wink:

Bricks is a good guess. I'm sure I'm wrong but when I think of ivy I think of school buildings-and brick school buildings for that matter. I know we have University and rabbithole schools for children and teens but maybe it's a classroom setup?
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014
    Mandylcd wrote:
    Bricks is a good guess. I'm sure I'm wrong but when I think of ivy I think of school buildings-and brick school buildings for that matter. I know we have University and rabbithole schools for children and teens but maybe it's a classroom setup?

This sounds like a really good guess! When I think of ivy, I think of a University campus too! :)
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited July 2014
    sims2clos_zps4a790336.png

This is more of a want than a guess. I would like to have these slide door closets like we had in the sims 2.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited July 2014
    sims2clos_zps4a790336.png

This is more of a want than a guess. I would like to have these slide door closets like we had in the sims 2.

I want wall closets so badly! Right now I make fake ones with the Ambitions clothes rack, the Generations shelves, some laundry clutter, and the ventilated doors from IP. It's just not the same as a functioning closet.
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014
    Trying to think of things ivy goes well with... the only thing I can really come up with is some sort of Irish pub... but I may have guessed that earlier in the thread :-/
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm stumped! :lol:

I think I'll go pester the gurus for a hint...
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014

Get 'em Cinderelli! Take those kittens and go! LOL
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

Get 'em Cinderelli! Take those kittens and go! LOL

Well, I tried! :XD: We'll see what happens. I like it when we get something on a Friday because it gives us something to chew on over the weekend!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yay!!! We got a clue! Thank you Alan!!!

Remember when I got excited about a chair in the BG Set? Doing that for an epic window in Aug.
  • Options
    RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited July 2014

Remember when I got excited about a chair in the BG Set? Doing that for an epic window in Aug.

Oh my goodness! :shock: I love that chair!!! :mrgreen:

Can NOT wait to see the window!
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited July 2014
    RoseRidge wrote:

Oh my goodness! :shock: I love that chair!!! :mrgreen:

Can NOT wait to see the window!

A real hint!

Ooooooo. An epic window. I'm interested. Definitely interested. Tell me more ....
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wait. Was he referring to the hanging egg chair? What does that have to do with a window, epic or otherwise? I'm confused.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Wait. Was he referring to the hanging egg chair? What does that have to do with a window, epic or otherwise? I'm confused.

Copeland got really excited about that egg chair! It was funny because there's the LGR running joke about there being so many chairs in the game. Then this one came out and everyone was like, 'Wow! It actually is a really cool chair!'.

So I'm guessing there is something special or quirky about this window.

I have my hopes for something but I'm too nervous to say. :)