The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kementari D.N.A

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,710 Member
    Your WIP is looking so very nice! :) The furnishing of each room looks so very nice! Very nice colour schemes of each room! The wall colour shades and patterns look so nice!
  • Options
    hyperadalinhyperadalin Posts: 53 Member
    Oh it looks so wonderful!!! :grin:

Family 1: It looks so fancy!! Lol! The office looks perfect! :) Skeletons and all. Haha. I also love all the awards on the walls. I'm sure they would have a bunch. The way you create fancy fire places is just too cool. Lol!

Family 4: This one looks fancy too! Lol! Amazing job with the wall coverings! Love the car too! :wink:

Family 2: I love the color theme for the study especially. :grin: They have a nice set up in the living room too!

Can't wait to see more! :grin: You are doing an amazing job! So much better than I could have hoped for. Haha. I agree with rosemow, each room in each apartment has a color scheme that just fits so well! I don't know how you do it but keep it up!
    iTFtswLkyGTNG.png
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    Kem -- you are blowing me completely away with all your new builds -- I am speechless. I love the magic house -- I knew it was the house from Practical Magic the minute I saw it. Amazing job. It's one of my favorite books and movies. The apartments are fabulous. Your decorating and color schemes create such a different feel for each one. Really wonderful work!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited April 2015
    Thank you all for the comments :)

@hyperadalin Sorry no update lot wise today just wanted to check in and let you know whats going on with me. My computer has been slowly dying over the last few months and it is really hard to play the game for too long without it become unbearingly slow lol

I received a package from a Tech friend yesterday with all kinds of goodies in it :) Now I just have to get my hubby to install the memory and video card (cross fingers that they fit), then replace the monitor and mouse. lol Hopefully that will make a world of difference not only to my game but my whole pc (Its staring to take 2 minutes for the monitor to even turn on :( )

Hope you are doing well, I will let you know when I am back into the game and your lot request :)
  • Options
    @Kementari No worries! No rush here. :smile:

Sounds like you just need a computer parts replacement/upgrade. I hope they don't cost you too much. I actually got myself a refurbished $80 Logitech gaming mouse for $15 on eBay the other week. Works wonderfully!

Thank you for keeping me updated! I hope everything works out for you nicely! :grin:
    iTFtswLkyGTNG.png
  • Options
    Hello :) I hope that the new memory and the video card helps your computer. It is good that you are getting a new monitor and mouse too. They will help you as you use your computer. I hope that the installation of the new computer parts goes well.
  • Options
    Thank you both :)

My friend actually sent me 3 mice, a keyboard and a monitor in that box of goodies too :) I can finally scroll again and you have NO IDEA how much I missed that lol. The keyboard is super nice and so much quieter than the old one, the monitor is small but I will get used to it, cant complain when its all free right :) The only thing I cant seem to adjust is the mouse pointer speed. I have it set to the fastest but its still a lot slower than my old mouse which was set to about middle range. My old mouse was a gaming mouse though so maybe it has a faster speed on it? I have no clue about these things lol

Now I just have to get hubby to install the important stuff and see how it all is.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Okay so I have some good news and some bad news!

Bad news first... The stuff my friend sent me for my computer didn't work out, so my machine is still running like a pig :(

Good news.... I did manage to get into my game and finish off your request. I didn't get to do much more than what I had before it starting becoming unresponsive again but its pretty much complete. I would of liked to do a bit more to apartments A.

So without further ado..
    hyperadalin your request is ready!

Brownstone Apartments: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8647775

Many MANY more pics can be seen on my blog: http://simplicitysims.blogspot.com/2015/05/brownstone-apartments.html

Screenshot-39.jpg

Screenshot-30.jpg

Screenshot-9.jpg

Screenshot-38.jpg

Screenshot-41.jpg

• Options
    Brownstone Apartments is such a very detailed build! :) Your furnishing of each of the apartments looks so very nice! Each of the apartments suits the sims household that lives there so very well! Each of the rooms and the floors of each of the apartments looks so nice! There is a lot of detail in each room! The elderly lady would enjoy living in her older styled apartment. The patterns and colours that you have used for the walls of her apartment suit her and the older style theme very well. Each of the apartments suit well the sims who live there! The exterior design of the apartment building is very nice! The texture of the exterior looks great and it looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build! It looks so nice how you have done the stairs with the plants either sides of them! Very nice outdoors balconies and patios! Sims will enjoying sitting, cooking and dining outdoors on the seats and at the tables, enjoying the outdoors air.
    It is a very nice and very detailed build! :)
  • Options
    GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    Absolutely gorgeous Kim, off to rec for you :)
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    Kementari....this build is spectacular. The outdoor area is so inviting and the bedroom is the perfect tranquil abode. Well Done!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    @rosemow took the text right from my keyboard. Haha!

Thank you @Kementari for this wonderful build! Thank you! It far exceeded all of my expectations when I put my request in. I am very glad you agreed to take on my request! :grin: I will probably have my first game where I set the lifespan to extra long. Haha. I don't want any of them to age.

Family 1: Now here are some intelligent and classy people. The little boy's room is too cute! I love the shade of blues you chose for his room. And I was wondering how you made that diaper changing station. Genius. Haha. He might just have to have a little brother some time down the road. :wink: And look at all those certificates and awards on the parents' floor! They've set the bar high for their little boy. Haha. Moving on to their backyard, I love all the playground items you were able to fit back there! The girls next door will surely be over for play time often. Oh and the patio set, I want it... Lol!

Family 2: Aw man I wish I had the TV room set up they have on the garage floor! Haha! I love the sports items hanging in the garage too. It really adds a lot to it. The girls' rooms are very cute! They even have little night lights. And oh wow, dad's floor! Seems like it will serve as a nice get-a-way from the girls. He has everything he needs up there. Haha!

Family 3: Haha this guy is going to have his "bros" over very often, I can tell. Might get himself in trouble with the neighbors for being too rowdy. Lol! His office reminds me of my boyfriend's office with all the "computer towers" laying around open. Little nerd. :tongue: I bet the neighbors will be happy to get some peace and quite if and when I send him to the university.

Family 4: Grandma's apartment suits her very well! From the textures on the furniture to all the little knickknacks. And her backyard is just beautiful!! She will very much enjoy tending her garden and reading a book on her patio. Her cat will be fairly happy too with all the toys laying about. Haha!

Overall: You hit the nail on the head with each apartment's furnishings. I couldn't even find a single thing I didn't like. Haha. Even the bus stop you made was perfect! All the greenery adds a lot as well. I also love the arrangement of the kitchens or rather just the whole building layout in general. Haha. You went into so much detail to even put in air vents. I don't think I have ever seen any other building have air vents.

Again, thank you sooo very much!! Thank you for all your time you put into this request! I really can't thank you enough. Haha. I started making the families a little while ago. I just need to finish them up now and get to playing! I'm so excited! :grin:
    iTFtswLkyGTNG.png
  • Options
    Thank you Bree, Glenkarri and itguyinsc :)

@rosemow Thank you again for the lovely detailed feedback, I always look forward to seeing comments from you :)

@hyperadalin I am SO glad you are happy with the build! I only wish my computer was not being a PITA so i could of made it more detailed for you.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Just thought I would share some in-game photos. :grin:

Ann enjoys tending to her garden in her beautiful backyard.
    25hpt1h.jpg
    Whiskens is lazy as ever on top of his perch.
    242wlf6.jpg
    Sophie is starting on a large painting in her room.
    (I made the twins fairies assuming the story is that their mother was a fairy.)
    2wgb3t2.jpg
    While Stephanie would rather take some time to work out.
    2clnv9.jpg
    Their father, Mitchel, hard at work on yet another top story for the news.
    xfc10z.jpg
    Little Chase and Sasha are the best of friends.
    1et844.jpg
    His father, Jeremey, is on the break of a scientific discovery.
    (I also made him a witch for funzies.)
    xomxpf.jpg
    And his mother, Lynne, working on medical research in her office.
    20gh7hu.jpg
    In his man cave, Timothy is playing just one of many games he owns.
    (I made him a werewolf. And I also decided not to give him a cat.)
    1195e7p.jpg
    iTFtswLkyGTNG.png
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Oh Kementari your Brownstone Apartments are just beautiful! Love them, big ole recaroo from me!
  • Options
    It is nice looking at the in-game pictures of your sims in their home @hyperadalin :) Your sims look like enjoy living in their home. The pictures are very nice :)
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,265 Member
    Excellent build @Kementari. Love the details, the patterns, furniture, just everything. Rec'd :D
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Seriously I think I am getting Alzheimer's. I could of sworn I replied to the last few comments on this thread but alas no :(

Thank you all for the lovely comments and @hyperadalin thanks for sharing the pics with us :) They look like they are enjoying their new digs :)

@blair2396 So I have already built your request really lol. I wanted to see if I could actually do it before I claimed it seeing as my computer is slowly dying.

I have a question for you though, how strict are you on the budget, you said a little over is fine. How little is little? lol I ask because the way I have it now its at $24,316. But I do have a fireplace and security alarm in it. If I take those out it brings it down to $22,879
    There are other things I can remove to get the cost down too but its going to look really bare if I do.

I will wait for you to reply then show you what I have and you can decide on what you want to do :) And please if you don't like what I have done already it is no problem to start over from scratch again :) I honestly don't mind at all.
  • Options
    blair2396blair2396 Posts: 336 Member
    Yay! Thank you for claiming my build! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Did you see my questions about the cost in the post above yours? :)

Here is what it looks like so far:

2sacls1.jpg

14v339h.jpg

2cy39sx.jpg

29mxhl3.jpg

n19s8g.jpg

2eyaomb.jpg

Now I can remove the fireplace and alarm like I said, but I can also remove the overhead cabinets, microwave, some deco objects and all the landscaping. That should bring us close to the budget but like I said it will look really bare.
    I didn't have enough in the budget for a fence around the vegi garden so it will be prone to zombies and deer/horses if you play with them on. I can remove that too if you want as well as the outdoor grill and seating.
    There are also no skill objects in there, I could place one of them if we remove everything else it all really depends on what you want.
  • Options
    blair2396blair2396 Posts: 336 Member
    Oh I didn't see your other post. Not sure how I missed that lol I really like what you have built already so you don't have to change anything.
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Oooh looking good Kementari!
  • Options
    Thanks @MeaganJo :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Well seeing as you were happy with what I had done I didnt change anything :)
    blair2396 your request is ready!

Contempo: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8675746

More pics can be seen on my blog: http://simplicitysims.blogspot.com/2015/06/contempo.html

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

Screenshot-2%2B%25282%2529.jpg