The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - The goths are back!

Comments

• Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited May 2014
    Is it just me? i'm really getting TS2 vibes from all these new pictures and that's nice

Maybe because they're looking more to TS2 Sims and seems all the humor will be back with them because *let's forget TS3 ever existed*. :D
  • Options
    JackVerhaegJackVerhaeg Posts: 317 New Member
    edited May 2014
    IcySlash wrote:
    Is it just me? i'm really getting TS2 vibes from all these new pictures and that's nice

Maybe because they're looking more to TS2 Sims and seems all the humor will be back with them because *let's forget TS3 ever existed*. :D

Exactly what I thought - to me they look like upgraded versions of TS2 sims, which is amazing!
  • Options
    SilentDancerSilentDancer Posts: 862 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm in love with this render of Morty and Bella! They look absolutely stunning! I'm super excited to see that the beloved pre-mades that we all know and love will be returning to the series in the image of their prime. *happy vibes* <3
    ezgifcom-gif-maker3.gif
    ezgifcom-gif-maker4.gif
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2014
    IcySlash wrote:

I am so ready to forget that Sims 3 ever existed!! I loved The Sims 2 so much, and that's why I'm particularly happy to see a lot of Sims 2 influence coming back in Sims 4. This will hopefully be the best Sims game yet :mrgreen:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:
    IcySlash wrote:

I am so ready to forget that Sims 3 ever existed!! I loved The Sims 2 so much, and that's why I'm particularly happy to see a lot of Sims 2 influence coming back in Sims 4. This will hopefully be the best Sims game yet :mrgreen:

I'm with you on that one, enkeli63!!
    ezgifcom-gif-maker3.gif
    ezgifcom-gif-maker4.gif
  • Options
    Megadustrial_SimMegadustrial_Sim Posts: 180 Member
    edited May 2014
    Azarinop2 wrote:
    Everything about her is perfect. I can't contain my excitement. She is my favorite sim of all time.

Maybe EA have decided to forget about Bella's disappearance as they want to leave it a mystery :evil:

You would also think they would show Cassandra and Alexander... maybe Cassie isn't born yet. We'll see. Oh my sims i'm so happy ! I'm sold for TS4! :P

When I first saw this post I was wondering if you had replied because I remember you making posts about Bella before. They look amazing, I am so glad the hype train has pulled out from the station!
    Check out my awesome house Zephyr's Edge -TODAY!

• Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited May 2014
    No!! I hope they are not going back in time again. This makes me think this is more of a remake of Sims 1. I want to know what happened after Sims 2.

Anyways, I have never been interested in Bella Goth romantically, but after this picture... I may just have to steal her away from ol' Morty.

This is the Sims though, yes they look young again, but who is to say Bella and Morty haven't found a way to become young again. I am hoping this is the case because I don't want to go back in time again like Sims 3.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    dmel25 wrote:
    No!! I hope they are not going back in time again. This makes me think this is more of a remake of Sims 1. I want to know what happened after Sims 2.

Anyways, I have never been interested in Bella Goth romantically, but after this picture... I may just have to steal her away from ol' Morty.

This is the Sims though, yes they look young again, but who is to say Bella and Morty haven't found a way to become young again. I am hoping this is the case because I don't want to go back in time again like Sims 3.

Well, Mortimer was working on that youth elixir, which backfired and made him old in the end. Hmmmm....*rubs chin*
    ezgifcom-gif-maker3.gif
    ezgifcom-gif-maker4.gif
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2014
    dmel25 wrote:

We've had so many age manipulating methods introduced in the gameplay for Sims 3--everything from an actual time machine to potions that reverse aging or freeze it and things that extend life spans a little or a lot. The sky's the limit as far as what is possible in the Goth's storyline, I think.

I hope it's a sequel to Sims 2 though, because I just like when time flows naturally. I enjoy a good time paradox every now and then, but not in my life simulations :lol:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    edited May 2014
    dmel25 wrote:

Well, as you can see EA have either decided to go back in time a bit from TS1. I don't see Cassie and Alex do you? At this point I am assuming Bella is currently pregnant with Cassandra. an easy pregnancy for the new players to experience in the Goth household? Maybe Mortimer has used an aging potion as he didn't want Bella to live without anyone after she cane back home. Mortimer wants more time with her. I'm making up things to get us excited :mrgreen:

Bella doesn't love Mortimer. She is with him for the money. She says so on TS2 PSP. I hope the time in TS4 is after her dissapearence and Mortimer just drank an aging potion. I want to know that she didn't die in Lunar Lakes :(
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    Slippy64653Slippy64653 Posts: 464 Member
    edited May 2014
    What if they have multiple worlds that are in different parts of the timeline?
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm not one who really gets into the back stories much, premades, for me, are just to occupy the towns and form relationships with my own Sims. But, I think the a lot of the problems with TS3 being a prequel come from players assuming all the towns are prequels; Sunset Valley is, and some others are hinted to be, but not all the towns in TS3 are necessarily in line with the others. If you take just one town with a definite timeline (like Sunset Valley - predecessor to Pleasantview) you'll find there's probably more fluidity.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    dmel25 wrote:

Well, Mortimer was working on that youth elixir, which backfired and made him old in the end. Hmmmm....*rubs chin*
    Exactly, lets hope Mortimer found a way to get his potion to work and now he is young again and Bella either drank the potion as well, or something else is keeping her young... remember in the easter egg that mentioned her the mouth had fangs...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    dmel25 wrote:

YES , I knew I heard about this somewhere about Mortimer's experiment which went horribly wrong. He's succeeded? I hope they use the gameplay trailer on their household.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Azarinop2 wrote:
    dmel25 wrote:

Well, as you can see EA have either decided to go back in time a bit from TS1. I don't see Cassie and Alex do you? At this point I am assuming Bella is currently pregnant with Cassandra. an easy pregnancy for the new players to experience in the Goth household? Maybe Mortimer has used an aging potion as he didn't want Bella to live without anyone after she cane back home. Mortimer wants more time with her. I'm making up things to get us excited :mrgreen:

Bella doesn't love Mortimer. She is with him for the money. She says so on TS2 PSP. I hope the time in TS4 is after her dissapearence and Mortimer just drank an aging potion. I want to know that she didn't die in Lunar Lakes :(
    Who is to say that the kids haven't grown up and moved out? That could be why they are not present.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    dmel25 wrote:
    Azarinop2 wrote:
    dmel25 wrote:

Who is to say that the kids haven't grown up and moved out? That could be why they are not present.

They probably haven't made them yet or they just haven't been born. We'll see :D
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'd love of they were newlyweds, and their whole story was just playing out... I can't believe that they are back in the base game, but relieved. A good old goth story is what you need. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    astrothief42astrothief42 Posts: 76
    edited May 2014
    Wow, they are a gorgeous couple! I am loving the rings! :D
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited May 2014
    I was never keen on the way these new Sims look, but I LOVE this render and the Star Wars one looks great too. If they keep this up I might have to change my mind about buying the game... one day. ;)
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:
    IcySlash wrote:

Agreed!

It's so cool they brought back the Goths. Bella and Mortimer look so awesome in TS4!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Something about the image gave me a sense of pride and nostalgia. It's hard to explain... its the same when the arrival trailer played and the green plumbob flashed up on screen... made me excited to be a simmer :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2014
    ADLER900 wrote:
    Something about the image gave me a sense of pride and nostalgia. It's hard to explain... its the same when the arrival trailer played and the green plumbob flashed up on screen... made me excited to be a simmer :mrgreen:

Yeah, I know what you mean. The way Bella/Mortimer Goth look in TS4 not only have nice charm, but they just feel right, if that makes sense. These graphics were a great choice for TS4! I like how EA is listening to what the fans want and they really are going back to the roots, like they said they were.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    ADLER900 wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. The way Bella/Mortimer Goth look in TS4 not only have nice charm, but they just feel right, if that makes sense. These graphics were a great choice for TS4! I like how EA is listening to what the fans want and they really are going back to the roots, like they said they were.

Thank goodness they are too... I also love the styalized graphics, I feel like this is going to be like TS2 in its heart and soul but a lot better in terms of gameplay, freedom of play and obviously the graphics. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Some past Bella and Morty images... courtesy of SimWiki...

BellaGothS1.jpg250px-Bella_Goth_%28The_Sims_console%29.jpgBella_Goth_The_Sims_Bustin_Out.jpg250px-Bella_Goth_%28TheSims2_PleasantView%29.jpgBella_Goth_-_PSP.png250px-Bella_Bachelor_%28TheSims_3%29.jpg180px-Bella_Squared.jpg112px-Bella_Gotha.jpg

Mortimer_Goth_%28The_Sims%29.jpg250px-Mortimer_Goth_%28The_Sims_console%29.jpg250px-Mortimer_Goth_%28The_Sims_Bustin%27Out%29.jpg250px-Mortimer_Goth_%28The_Sims_2%29.png250px-Mortimer_Goth_%28The_Sims_3%29.jpg

BnDIcR0CQAEHxCy.jpg:large
  • Options
    benlo77benlo77 Posts: 18 Member
    edited May 2014
    Azarinop2 : " Bella doesn't love Mortimer. She is with him for the money. She says so on TS2 PSP. "

Lots of Sims froms Sims 2 PC were denatured on Sims 2 PSP, I think. And Bella said in the official interview :
    - Do you cheated on Mortimer ?
    - Of course not! I love my husband and my family. They are everything to me. I've never loved someone like I loved Vladimir. He is so cute, sometimes a little weird. This is an aspect of him that few people know.

-> Bella really loves her husband :)

For the timeline of the Sims 4, remember the easter egg of the trailer over Bella : "Once upon a time, Simis & Jocasta Bachelor had a girl. She grew up to be slightly gothic and married Mortimer Goth. Word on the street is she’s the best-dressed gal around."

-> i think the "slightly gothic" could refer to the fact they are newlyweds : she's a Goth recently.