The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - The goths are back!

Comments

• Options
    Hallonsaft11Hallonsaft11 Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited May 2014
    I´m fan girl screaming so hard right now! :mrgreen:
    Bella looks so freaking amazing! :D

I´m totally going to pre order the game right now!

A good cup of coffee is always best served together with someone you like
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited May 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    Love Bella's dress especially. I like the way it's new, for sims 4, and yet it still so resembles the sims 1 dress. And yes Bella looks Hispanic, I've always thought she was.

You know what would be very cool - if they rebuilt the first Goth house from sims 1, sims 4 style. I've played and rebuilt their house many times over. I usually add a bigger upstairs and a pool.
    I always thought she was black, or at least half latina, half black. like meee.
  • Options
    TinkerballTinkerball Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited May 2014
    Looking at those rings makes me hope that there are several ring options (and a way to upgrade as the family situation improves). I wouldn't think that every couple could afford rings like those.
  • Options
    Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited May 2014
    I really hope that too. I would love a cheap ring that you get for free with the interaction and a range of better ones that you can buy.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    edited May 2014
    most people think of diamond rings as engagement rings (blame a commercial for that). But if you think about that with Morty being rich as he is could easily afford a diamond wedding bands.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited May 2014
    MadameLee wrote:
    most people think of diamond rings as engagement rings (blame a commercial for that). But if you think about that with Morty being rich as he is could easily afford a diamond wedding bands.
    except this is a sims game and not real life with options. and in the game its usually; diamond rings for engagement and wedding bands when theyre married.
  • Options
    twilightgirl1601twilightgirl1601 Posts: 96 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Bella is stunning! I love the texture of her dress. The chair is a little wonky, but not a big deal. I am hoping for this to take place after TS2 because I am tired of prequels, and it's hard to keep up with all these stories and timeline sin the game.. But I would be excited to see Bella and morty before they had Cassie.
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    edited May 2014
    I love how they look, and their clothes! I certainly hope the premade Sims in the neighborhoods all have nice outfits and styles so I don't have to go around giving makeovers.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited May 2014
    ADLER900 wrote:
    Mortimor also looks like Mr Addams from the Addams Family

rual-julia-mustache-adams-family.jpg

[Cara Mia]

wonder if he'll call he rthat . :lol:
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited May 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    ADLER900 wrote:

The Goths were originally inspired by Family Addams so that actually makes sense.

That means Cassandra is Wedsnday .

nope. can't see it.
  • Options
    SimTeenRMSimTeenRM Posts: 200 Member
    edited May 2014
    In honor of the big Sims 4 return of the Goths I would like to share my newest version of them:

screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg

Now that I know they're coming back, I'm a lot more excited about Sims 4.
    Always Remember to Smile =)
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited May 2014
    Are you putting them on the Exchange?
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited May 2014
    I love me some Bella! I think they both look wonderful :D They of course will be the first family I play. Bella looks even better than she did in TS2. I did not like TS3. Bella and Mortimer <3
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited May 2014
    What are their races? Some say Bella is Hispanic and others say she is Mexican? Also Mortimer sort of looks Hispanic too but aren't the Goth's white?
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited May 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    ADLER900 wrote:

The Goths were originally inspired by Family Addams so that actually makes sense.

That means Cassandra is Wedsnday .

nope. can't see it.

They were just -inspired by- (From what people used to say) they are not the same , they are not a parody either.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited May 2014
    What are their races? Some say Bella is Hispanic and others say she is Mexican? Also Mortimer sort of looks Hispanic too but aren't the Goth's white?

This is purely speculation on my part but I always associate Goths or the word Gothic to more of a European background and that's what I assumed the Goths were of European descent that was my impression anyway. I don't know whether or not they were supposed to be rendered as Italian, Greek or Spanish and maybe they're ethnicity is open to interpretation.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    SimTeenRMSimTeenRM Posts: 200 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hello! Here's the exchange link for my Goth family: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8212038
    I also have a few new pictures of them to share from CAS and in game.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I think Bella and Cassandra are going to have a complicated relationship... :shock:

Anyway, please download them, recommend them, and give me some feedback! Also, let me know if you think I should build them a house.
    Always Remember to Smile =)
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Shouldn't they be like 80 now? :P
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited May 2014
    Anthono wrote:

Maybe something like that, and instead of Peter Parker stories we should have the stories of his grandchildren at this point in SPider-man comics, but fictional characters dont really age acording to real world, it all depends on the current "Episode" of the series.

That is why i wanted TS4 to be after TS2, so we could see what hapened ot Bella, if she suceeded in leaving StrangeTown.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited May 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    Anthono wrote:

Maybe something like that, and instead of Peter Parker stories we should have the stories of his grandchildren at this point in SPider-man comics, but fictional characters dont really age acording to real world, it all depends on the current "Episode" of the series.

That is why i wanted TS4 to be after TS2, so we could see what hapened ot Bella, if she suceeded in leaving StrangeTown.

Yeah, i'm with you on this
    Though on the bright side TS4 at least seem to be after TS3
    And something is going on my mind. *maybe* they kind of did a ''reboot'' to the Series timeline starting with TS3? that would mean they are now doing it progressively starting with TS3, and maybe TS5 will be set after TS4.

Well, ooh i'll have to wait till The Sims 5 or 6 to know what happened after TS2. :lol:
  • Options
    HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited May 2014
    Bella looks gorgeous, and Mortimer also looks very nice although perhaps not as Mortimer-ish as he used to look ;) And this Wednesday we'll see them in CAS and aaaaahhh... The Sims 4 is constantly on my mind and in my mouth again, and all my family is looking at me like, 'Hadn't she forgotten about that game? She hasn't spoken about it in ages.'
  • Options
    HanKat173HanKat173 Posts: 135 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm really happy with these renders, I hope the in-game version doesn't let us down. Bella in particular is stunning.

Also, (like others have said) I think this image of them strongly suggests a TS1 reboot

Edit: Actually, it's more likely it's a TS2 prequel considering there is no Cassie in this pic, but doesn't mean she's not "off camera" somewhere I guess!
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited May 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    Anthono wrote:

That is why i wanted TS4 to be after TS2, so we could see what hapened ot Bella, if she succeeded in leaving StrangeTown.
    True but we saw the neighbourhood sims age in TS2.Its just weird they're making them younger again.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited May 2014
    Maybe they'll reboot the timeline and just ignore it.
  • Options
    Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm hoping that they just reboot the series after the mess that was TS3 timeline.