Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    Screenshot-432_zps076e079d.jpg

Would you want to be on the receiving end of one of these haymakers?

Sierrachild_zpsc0f152a1.jpg

Screenshot-32_zpsf81666ab.jpg

Sierra as a child

scout_zps3da2722d.jpg

Sierra was the only girl in the Scouts

sierrasoccer_zps5a6abf94.jpg

Screenshot-1088.jpg

She was always sporty, even as a young child and teen.

Screenshot-1001.jpg

... and she liked to explore the catacombs at the local cemetery.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    bishtybishty Posts: 393 Member
    IreneSwift Haha maybe :D The real Aaron would be quite indignant if I told him that though bless :P
    The hot dog suit makes me want to shoot someone, possibly myself lol. WHO WEARS A HOT DOG SUIT except those poor blighters who stand outside fast food chains and beg you to go inside lol
    That, my friend, is the good old original Sims - TS1 or just TS. I was 5, maybe even 4 years old when I started playing The Sims, 7 when I got TS2, 13 for TS3. I particularly liked that hot tub though. I have so many fond memories of The Sims. I think in some ways I was more creative when I was a child. Then again I wasn't chronically depressed lol. Or maybe I'm wearing rose-tinted spectacles lol. I did have some Sims disasters like when I deleted all the houses and sims because my brother told me it was cheating to use pre-mades and realised I didn't have enough ideas or talent to repopulate haha :D Ooh and I miss the mud baths, and the skydiving simulator, and that diving tank! I used to give my sims a diving tank in the master bathroom, complete with little sharks and everything. And they had these amazing bubble chairs that just looked so cool to a little 5 year old me. Oh I've gone all nostalgic now :D I doubt I could go back though, I've come to rely on aging and wishes and stuff. I love that it's on the TS4 screens though :D

Celiria I just play a strict rotation. I have a file called sims order.txt which has lists of all of the households in each of my saves for TS2 and 3 and now 4 and which sim I left active and sometimes other details such as what day is the starting day or which sim needs some extra lovin'. Then whenever I make a new sim I just add them to the bottom of the list and they get absorbed into play. I play one sim week with each household. It works for me anyway :P

I should really be asleep but I'm having one of those nights. Sigh.
    So. :P Apparently chairs are just too mainstream for us :P
    lwED0r0.png
    Everyone got busy as Norman went to work, I practiced writing, Aaron talked to himself in the mirror (seriously I do that *every day* but I'm still so uncharismatic rofl) and Helen set to work repairing the plethora of things that decided to break: 2 sinks and the stereo
    z4H4DSB.pngdkjH7sS.png
    Norman took a freelance programming job involving self-powered hang gliders and power lines. I didn't really understand but he looks happy enough :P
    JqMj3KM.png
    Aaron also had to write a comedy book which I left titled Jokes from the Punderground because terrible pun :D Helen was being nosy as usual :P rofl
    VQEYAmP.png
    Norman's second freelance job was more something I could get behind: a mechanical mixologist. Non-stop Bacardi and coke, imagine :P
    Anyways... :D
    As someone who is fairly severely visually impaired, why I would ever not wear my glasses to work is a mystery. Unless I was wearing contacts. Which is such a waste. I save my contacts for swimming and manual work like looking after horses. They cost about £22 a box but do last a month. Anyway enough about contact lenses :P
    Tng3HQO.png
    Helen came home promoted to Concert Virtuoso which is apparently the top position in the musician/entertainment career. She looks very smug about it :P
    tDvCqQt.png
    Unfortunately, until we moved to a bigger house, which we actually probably could now as money is rolling in thick and fast, I couldn't progress in my aspiration, so I mostly just bugged Aaron all day :P I mean that's what men are for right? :D
    KyPlc0d.png
    I got so bored I exercised :O lol :D
    RSeV5t1.png
    I did make friends with Norman though
    5yE3HFq.png

Now time to move house woo :P
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Celiria wrote: »
    And that's it for Day 2.

What will happen next?

Will Kaley and Kamryn let me take the rest of the relationship slow or are they going to rush into marriage as well?

Will the salad ever get eaten?

Will Kamryn even let Kaley out of bed in the morning? (I really hope so because Kaley has her first day of work the next day :P )

Find out next time on

life-and-times.jpg

Wow! That was pretty fast! And no prompting either, so you know those two are just meant to be :) Lovely update!
    The next few minutes were the scariest of Lillie's life, what would she do if nothing could be done... then the secretaries voice came back on the line, Lillie clung to phone desperately hoping for good news.

Secretary: Well I spoke with management and they have a compromise they would like to offer. We don't have any reporting jobs open but we have an open assistant position. It's a smaller position and it doesn't pay much but if you are interested you are more than qualified.

Oh, how annoying! Moving to a new place, spending all that money on a house, and then to find out that your job no longer exists :( Hopefully, Lillie will be able to impress them so much that they'll give her a promotion :)
    @MayaRose1138 as someone who has lost content before to glitches I feel your pain :( sorry you lost your house.

Thanks :( I haven't had too much trouble with glitches recently so it was completely unexpected. Obviously my game doesn't want the new house!
    Random question, what do you do when you have more sims than you have time. I mentioned earlier that every time I fiddle with CAS I end up with more sims I want to play but not enough time for all of them. Does anyone else ever have this issue and if so how do you deal with it?

Yes, I have this issue and I don't have a solution :) If I can think of the kind of game I want to play them in, then I might start it but at the moment, I'm just focused on two games and the other two that I want to do just have to wait until I have more time (well, that and I need a house for Sherlock and the cc one I found that looks excellent won't install).
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    From the consignment shop, Kristy went across the road to the Red Rendezvous to see if she could get something to eat there, and maybe spend some time playing or chatting with other people. The moment she set foot inside, these two men accosted her and hit on her. Both of them already are attached, so this was not a good thing.

8hitonatthehangoug.jpg

This kind of reaction is always amusing in my Alphabet game where Autumn has to find plenty of fathers but not so good in the Rainbow one. Prism went to visit her daughter Rosie's household and Rosie's husband Yin said to her, "I don't care what anyone thinks, you're hot!" Um... no. Bad Yin, hitting on your mother-in-law. She might not be a fairy like you but don't think she can't do something terrible to you for not being respectful to your wife :)

Kristy seems to be doing well at her sculpting career. I haven't worked out how the consignment shop works; do I have to put the sculptures into the family inventory to shift them there? And for University, do they have to get 18 credits for four areas before they get the full scholarship? That might explain why Athena and Blossom only got partial scholarships because they only had three areas filled.
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 Good luck getting the color combination you need.

If one of your household members has enough LTH points, you could get them a collection helper, which would be a big help at finding the special seeds. Once anyone in your household has one, they can pass it to someone else. What I do with it, is when my sims are all busy, or else I'll pause first, I'll go into map view with it set for whatever it is I want to find. I'll zoom in on the tag closest to their home and hover my mouse, if it's seeds, to see what kind it is. If it's the right kind, I'll click on it and select for them to collect it, and move on to the next. This way, I don't waste my sims' time sending them out looking where there isn't anything they need. Then when they finish whatever they were already are doing, they will get right on the collecting, and I can keep looking for more while they're getting the earlier ones. If they catch up, or if I need to check on someone else, I'll put the game on pause, so as not to waste of any of my sims' time doing nothing.

At least you have the pictures of the house. I've lost hours of effort before too, but usually when I go back, after all the moving and changing and experimenting, I know what I want. So I can do it a lot faster going back. With your pictures, you should be able to get it together in much less time than the first time around.

It is a nice house. I like the layout.

I occasionally use that collection helper but other times I just forget that it's there :) I usually find that you can't discover what the seeds are until they grow though, but I suppose that makes things interesting :)

It did help to have the pictures but when I tried again in Dragon Valley, I lost it again when I went to save. So I decided to try it in another game which I started a while back but haven't done anything on in ages, and so far, so good :)

Thank you :) I have changed it slightly in the remake, adding in a study room for the children and making the second bathroom smaller. I have also discovered that you can't make two storey houses from blueprints, which is really annoying.

• Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited September 2014
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    Shrek stood there with his mouth hanging open. He couldn't believe how angry she was. He shook his head. He knew that they had their issues since she moved in, but honestly he couldn't understand her hostility. Hadn't he tried to be understanding, in spite of her attitude? Geesh, women! Who could figure them out? He tried to bend over backwards and this is the thanks he got? Well fine! Let her stew in her own juices then. If she wanted to apologize he would be willing to listen, but he would be darned if he would approach her again. This time she would have to come to him!

He just can't win, can he? Even when he's trying to be nice, it backfires on him, though going to her not fully dressed wasn't the smartest if ideas! It's going to take something drastic for Fiona to see Shrek in a positive light and that's not good :( On the other hand, it makes for a good story :)
    You can't fool us you just posted the same pic twice bwaaahhhhaaaaaahhhhaaaa lol. I just went :o when I saw that you had picked even the same outfit. He is just like his father lol. Wow that is just too freaky.

Lindir is cute for sure. I like the name Elladan as well is that celtic?

I see you got the chickens in game good. Glad to see it.

I think I made a similar expression when I saw the second pic :) That's what gives me hope that Strawberry might not have to spend too much time pregnant if I can get a child who takes after their father quickly :)

The name Elladan comes from a baby names website for parents who want to give their children elvish names! I think the origin of the name is probably Celtic as many of those names seem to be as well.

Well, I've only had one day playing with the chickens but so far, they seem less time consuming than other pets but it remains to be seen if the sims go and feed the chickens every time they run out of things to do!!!

Awww so sorry that happened. At least you took pics to recreate. I usually don't even do that much so I have to wing it lol.

I love those blueprints, but not so much the decorating how they did. I like your house lots. Hope you can get it recreated soon.

Thank you :) They need more variety in those blue prints though because there's no bedrooms for children or hallways in the gothic style. I can't make a second storey with the blueprints either, which is a nuisance because I'm thinking the roof would look better if the house wasn't so big.
    What will happen next to Kendra?

Will someone discover she has Horace? Will they try to take him away? Will she have to reveal her secret powers? What other new things will she have to learn? Will she figure out what simoleans are or will they paper her wall? Stay tuned to find out these things and more.

Oh my, the cultural differences in this post! She gives 'playing with your food' a new meaning when referring to pets :) Hopefully, she won't actually try eating them *horrified expression*! And the usage of cheques to paper her wall... hmmm, I'm not sure but I don't think that's a trend that will ever catch on :) As for Horace, I know she wants to do the right thing by him but she isn't going to be popular when people find out what she's done. It's a very fascinating look from an alien perspective at Earth though - great update!!
    Zabeth0 wrote: »
    Evil Travel Agent's Guide To Dragon Valley starring Nicolae Irwin part 3

20q1387.jpg

Mmmm, I do so love it when Ice cream screams.

O-kay, then...
    Like Aurora skies, it has a community garden to plunder.

I seriously did not know that was there :) Now I'm going to have to find it so Lucky can plant some plants that he doesn't have, in addition to trying to find some new seeds.
    Being that the primary building material around here is stone or wood, tapestries are quite popular.

rbbnfk.jpg

But there are still other art displays. It's not like it's a small building to fill up, after all.

You can go inside the art museum? I always thought that was a rabbit-hole?? Now I'm going to have to go and investigate that too. Hmm, maybe I should spend more time exploring with my sims...
    TadOlson wrote: »
    MayaRoas1138-I hate it when the game freezes and it dosen't happen to me very often except for when my fan died and my computer was overheating.Great pictures!I'd pop out into edit town to do save as to different file names several times during big builds to make sure I don't lose everything.I did that very thing about six times while building the community pool and it never froze once during the build.

Thank you :) That was the problem - whenever I went into edit town, it would freeze or in one case, shut down; I couldn't save at all. However, I opened up a game that I don't currently play that uses a town from the exchange, and so far I have been able to recreate most of it without losing anything. It just seems to be Dragon Valley that doesn't like the house, which is a shame because it is for that game!

• Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    @Celiria: I always found the gossiping about money to be the more boring of the gossip. I mostly make my sims gossip to see who they'll accuse of being an alien today lol. The other day, they accused a raccoon :D I had a good laugh. :D I'd totally be happy about a river monster rumor. :D Hmm. That's an interesting thing. :D

Sometimes the 'randomness' of the game just line things up that work really well for stories. :D I know I use it every chance I get. :D Apparently the Sims 4 has a thing about visitors, so it seems plausible to me. :D I love the frames that actually look like art frames! :D Lol@ the dip kiss that has Kaley's foot all the way up there. :D That's a really good picture with them made taller by art behind them, and the counterbalance saxophone picture. Lol@ the poor, abandoned salad. :D

Lol! Willpower! Why do you think I only have two stories? (Nicolae doesn't count- he's basically comic relief for scenery shots- because I don't do simselves lol). :D If you try to play everything, you'll not play anything! :D You'll just start one story and be off to the next, and won't get anywhere. :D Someone mentioned that the game will add sims out of the bin to the neighborhood...maybe that'll help. (Especially since you already cleared people out...

@IreneSwift: Sounds like a pretty cool idea. :D Aging off is just way easier than juggling potions and ambrosia and burning lifetime points. :D Consignment store is definitely the better way to go.

2u8f51y.jpg

Rafael: "I've nevyerr byeen to Rivyerrview, but verre I therre, they'd have paid you morre than it vas vorrth, borrdyerink on thrree to fourr tyimes as much. Not just because my mothyer vas a sculptyor orr that as an arrtyist myself, I'm biassyed, eithyer.... It's just not smart, vhat they did.

If they askyed you to hallow out yourrr vork, it's tvice the vork, riskink damage to yourr piece, yes, so naturally tvice the prrice vould be fairr. But, the only rreason vone hollows out a piece of arrt is to concyeal somethink in it. Seccrrecy is therreforre a prriorryity. A happy arrtyist is morre focusyed on the fact that they sold thyeirrr pyiece for decyent money. An upsyet artyist vho feels cheeatyed vill tyell fifty people to the happy artyist's vone. The fact that they verre told to hallow out theirr vorrk vill be a verry prominyent detail, as they vill probably be reasonink that the criminyals thought they verrre payink in veight or somethink...and syince vood that vas cut out can't be reshaped like clay or myelted down like metyal, it vill be a symptom of the unfairness involft, as they had to pay full price for the vood to make the sculpturrre, and that means their patron should covyer that cost as vell. Not smart to leaf the arrtyist unhappy.

It vould have been much smarrtyer forr them to use theirr own arrtists, or evyen buy a piece at the consignmyent storre and haf an yexperrt hallow it out, vithout it beink theirr own vorrrk they verrre rriskink ruinink...but I'm glad they verren't qvite amateurrr enyough to trry to kyill you to keep you qviet. Honyestly, therre arrre criminyals that stupyid."

Well, at least that celebrity star is doing some good this time. :D Yeah, that was the word! :D

Yeah, that's a really nice one. :D After shaping clay, the pumpkin must be really easy to her. I can understand why a sculptor would be jazzed for snow...free sculpting practice. :D Snowmen, igloos, snow angels... stuff to shape...even if it's just temporary. :D Noted for any sim of mine in the future who gets a friend finder app lol. :D Wow, that's quite a group gathering around her. :D Well, she's definitely getting there. :D

Lol- the headless penguin! :D Sounds like a worthy use of a group. :D Yeah, 1/2 the fun of the sculptor is making stuff you can't buy. :D Opps :D Bad part of being irresistable is how many people can't resist lol. :D Yeah, that or a van! :D Lol army of Grim Reaper snowmen lol. :D
  • Options
    @Bishty: Wow, does all the food go bad in the fridge when it's broken? I was just wondering how Songja could be having a pleasant conversation about a urinal when I noticed that dinosaur painting. Very nice. :D It's cool how she can sit on the bed, hold orange juice and be talking at the same time. :D

I'm sure you're just trying to keep from distracting him...yeah, that's it...oh...or distract him for your sister to move in for the spotlight...maybe. :D Glad to see it has a violin at the outset. :D (Instead of it needing to be added in from the store later). :D Oh no, not the hot dog suit! :D Glad to hear you saved him. :D Lol@Sims 4 playing Sims

Wow, Helen must have been busy! :D So many appliances...so little time... :D That's a mischievous look for a programmer. :D Lol@Jaokes from the Punderground. :D Are you...shocking him with electricity? :D (Aaron: Ok, ok, I'll talk! I'll talk!). :D

@VenusDemilosims: I remember Sierra from the other thread, it's nice to see the rest of her family, and connect some dots. :D So, she only really got attention from Mom when she misbehaved?...interesting.

Yep, he's sorry he's got such a short time there before he has to move on. :D

So, that makes Nathan her grandfather (Sierra's?), and she's the great granddaughter of Jamie Jolina? :D Interesting! :D

@Ddsims: Wait, she just got a kid out of nowhere? Lol, that's a new one on me...and of course, my brain, being what it is, pictures this happening like this:

Phone rings. Michelle answers the phone. Heavy breathing on the other line. "Who is this?" She asks. More heavy breathing. "Seriously, I'm about to hang up, I don't like being pocket dialed!" Sigh from the other end of the line.

"Michelle. I know where you live, Michelle!" The person on the other end of the line says in a breathy deep voice.

"Really? Because I'm not in hiding and my address is totally public record. Everyone who bothers to look knows where I live. It's not some secret knowledge passed down by guys in robes or something. You don't have to scale a cliff or anything. My doorbell works."

Pause as the other line tries to get the theatrical scariness back... deep breath. "I'm going to ruin your life..."

"You've got nothing on me and lots of people have already tried their rumors and it hasn't worked, so go for it, I can counter sue you for your lies."

"No, Michelle...answer the door...your party days are over...I've dropped a random kid off in your house...MuhuHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Followed by another few minutes of manical laughter before Michelle hangs up the phone....

Oh, wow, that's gotta be the shortest childhood I've seen. :D Yeah, so much better after the make over. :D

• Options
    @Dreamerz: Yeah, being thrown through a wall, probably hurts. I'd think it hurts...I mean, just look at her face. Lol@ the Lever of Doom. I have to wonder if the psychology department isn't running an experiment and named it that to see if the science department was more or less tempted to throw the lever if it had a grandiose name. I have to wonder if the control was just called 'the lever' and the other ones were the 'lever of cookies' the 'lever of kittens' the 'lever of love' and the 'lever of advancement' or the 'lever of everything's fine' or what the other names would be. :D

@Baker: It's okay! :D Drop by when you can! :D

@TadOlson: That's a good shot with Rudy and the beehives lined up on the left side there, and little bees in the shot. :D It's good that there are nice warm places for her to sleep. :D The stray dog knows she's a witch! :D Well, with the cooler weather I can understand her being eager to get those walls up. :D

@Colorist: Well, he's a lacky to a dragon already, so, you know he'd destroy the 'good old days' just as happily. :D

Lol@ not knowing about pets. :D Some other cultures have been quite puzzled by why we keep animals we don't intend to eat and don't use (Once upon a time, dogs were for hunting, and cats were to kill mice- though some people still use them for these functions, the majority of the time these pets are not 'useful'). Lol@dumpsters as community charity drop off points lol. :D Uh oh. She found out he wasn't abandoned and is willing to use force if necessary to keep him. That's not good.

@MsBeckycat: Welcome baby Brenda! :D

• Options

I seriously did not know that was there :) Now I'm going to have to find it so Lucky can plant some plants that he doesn't have, in addition to trying to find some new seeds.

You can go inside the art museum? I always thought that was a rabbit-hole?? Now I'm going to have to go and investigate that too. Hmm, maybe I should spend more time exploring with my sims...

Yep, it's across from the grocery store. :D I'm glad I can show you stuff. :D I keep thinking that I'm just showing people stuff they already know (in a silly cartoon villain way), so I'm glad I'm showing you new stuff too. :D

• Options
    af8vao.jpg

I just realized the tapestry picture didn't post...I'm really not sure why it didn't. Let me try this again! :D
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Pretty
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I definitely have more sims than time to play them, lol. Some of them have ended up as townies in my Uni neighborhood. So they still appear in game, I just don't play them.

@IreneSwift: Yeah, I think Savannah's parenting, or lack there of, was a contributing factor to Sierra being the way she is. Sometimes this game will tell its own story, I didn't do much of anything.

Savannah adopted a hands-off approach when it came to her kids, and so far it's yielded mixed results.

And Kristy looks like a lot of fun! Congrats, she's an interesting sim. Her career looks like it's going well. Anything going on in her love life yet?

@Zabeth0: Yes, Sierra is Nathan Jolina's granddaughter and Jamie Jolina's great-granddaughter. Nathan Jolina-Plumb is a hit movie composer and very, very famous. In fact her full name is Sierra Jolina Plumb Cheesman. Rebellion is in the family tree.

Screenshot-2563_zps35023ae6.jpg

Here's one more shot of Sierra showing her grandfather a cat video? on her smartphone.

Some more backstory and background.

This whole thing rose from the ashes of a 'failed' legacy. I failed because I got too attached to the sims. Lol

Screenshot-102.jpg

Screenshot-84.jpg

Screenshot-19.jpg

This is the aforementioned Nathan, son of Jamie Jolina. The boy was so talented, he once played guitar for the Grim Reaper.

Screenshot-25.jpg

He was a musical prodigy.

Screenshot-51.jpg

He spent his time off from school at the theater, attending concerts, symphonies, and helping out.

Screenshot-120.jpg

This is Nathan with his first son, Noah. (Noah, sadly, passed away) Noah's mother was Holly Alto, also deceased.

Screenshot-14.jpg

Nathan's father, Nigel Plumb, and half-sister, Maggie.

Screenshot-42.jpg

Another photo of the pair. Maggie grew up to be a best-selling science fiction novelist. She lived to a ripe old age, never married and never had any children... however, she did come to love one of her brother's kids as her own.

Screenshot-19-1.jpg

That's Nathan's daughter, Savannah, who inherited all of Maggie's estate after she died. Savannah also named her first-born daughter, Sage Margaret, after her.

Screenshot-6.jpg

Even though Nathan was a classical musician, his favorite music is pop. Some might attribute that to his mother's influence growing up.

Screenshot-52.jpg

This is his mother... and there's that infamous pink guitar.

Screenshot-153.jpg

As a very young boy, Nathan watched his father die. This had a profound effect on him.

Screenshot-62-1.jpg

Nathan with Savannah's mother, Shandra Summers (she's pregnant with Savannah in this photo)

Screenshot-12_zps0d5638ed.jpg

This is the Plumbs' rebuilt home in Sunset Valley. I did not build it, a friend did, and she's much better at this than I can ever be.

Screenshot-64-4_zps0ec54227.jpg

Andrew, the husband, was a former professional athlete who voluntarily left at the peak of his career... to take care of the children. How many pro athletes in real life do this? Not many.

Screenshot-43-2_zps31f52e4e.jpg

Screenshot-44-1_zps2f851246.jpg

Occasionally Savannah would surprise the kids by 'parenting' on her days off...this time surprising them with deep fried chicken.

Screenshot-13_zps6a2a9ccb.jpg

Savannah's father, Nathan, was a world-class, famous musician. He was almost never without his trusty guitar, which, by the way, belonged to his mother, Jamie Jolina.
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on

• Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited September 2014
    I am officially back on the I hate sims 4 side :angry:

There has been a glitch floating around I've seen mentioned on the sims 4 forums of saves dissapearing. I didn't think much of it as I assumed it was a rare thing. Well the game just ate Lillie and Donnie :angry:

Hopefully someone over there knows a solution but as of right now my Dust and Journalism save is missing and I'm terrified to play anything for fear of losing Kaley as well :(
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @Celiria, wow, really sorry to hear about the saves glitch in Sims 4 :( Hope you didn't lose all your progress. That's seriously awful (the word I wanted to say was censored).

Now where were we, okay, here we go.

Screenshot-2221_zpsaf9e2c3b.jpg

Before Sierra was a rebel and a wild child, her mother Savannah was one. Seriously. Before Sierra was getting brought home by the cops every night, before Sierra was on a first-name basis with the police, Savannah was.

wildchild1_zps14009ecc.jpg

Savannah was being brought home by the police every night for curfew violations.

wildchild2_zpsfaf400a1.jpg

Savannah's mother, a pop star turned hit movie composer and orchestra conductor, had a difficult time containing her.

Screenshot-234_zps4e25ef4a.jpg

To this day, the pair don't have much of a relationship.

Screenshot-198_zpsab2936ff.jpg

Nathan, Savannah's father, turned a blind eye to his daughter's misdeeds. Indeed, that very same night she was being picked up by the cops, he was locked in the basement composing a new song.

Screenshot-226_zpse54c74cd.jpg

Indeed, he was literally eating out of her hand. He did and bought whatever she wanted.

Screenshot-211_zpsb0b7c051.jpg

Screenshot-209_zps2bb8dbfb.jpg

In fact, Savannah's first encounter with her future husband, Andrew, ended with her being brought home by the police.

Screenshot-213_zps3b15cef2.jpg

"It's not fair," Savannah cried, "how come he gets to stay there while you have to bring me home?"
    "I'm working the Summer Hill district," the cop explained, "and your mother called to ask about your whereabouts."

Screenshot-212_zps59498ee7.jpg

Way to make an impression on your future husband eh Savannah? Lol

Screenshot-230_zps28dbb32f.jpg

When Savannah wasn't being brought home by the police for curfew violations, she was sleeping in the cemetery and exploring the catacombs.

maggie1_zps4eb8031e.jpg

Savannah's one confidante as a teen was her aunt Maggie. Savannah was devastated when Maggie died of old age.

Screenshot-315.jpg

When Savannah disappeared on a trip to Egypt, her parents took a red eye in an effort to find her.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Just a side thing I did to cheer myself up from the stupid glitch this morning.

Each week EA has the sims 4 challenge where they give a theme or basis for a sim and people try to make their version. This week the theme is to make a sim who wants to rule the world, so I did.

Meet Clara Rocha

clara-rocha-3.png

clara-rocha-2.png

Backstory (not sure if this was necessary but I felt like coming up with one anyway :P )

Clara is the incarnation of an old tribal spirit now in the modern day. Though the tribe that worshiped her is long gone and nobody still exists who even remembers the legends about her she still lives on determined to rule the world, take all it's wealth for herself, and remind the world of who she is and why she should be feared.

I am not going to actually play her, this was just something to cheer myself up a bit.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Celiria: That stinks about your save with Lillie and Donnie. I hope you can get it back. I'm loving the sim you made for the challenge.

venusdemilosims: Love your sims. Rebels, I like that.

Colorist40: I can't wait to read your updates.

IreneSwift: Pretty pool in Sim China. I love the kids.

All: Thank you for letting me read and comment on your stories and pictures. :)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    @Celiria: Really hope you can get your saves back. Oh, and Clara looks positively dastardly. I know a Clara in real life and she's so sweet.

Now, continuing on with the Plumb family history up to this point... I dunno how much I can cover. Lol Most of this has been covered at Just Plumb Nuts.

Screenshot-3172_zps9583f709.jpg

If not for Sierra's darker complexion (courtesy of her father) and her blue eyes (courtesy of her grandfather Nathan), she and Savannah would be twins, looks wise.

Screenshot-3_zpsd427b636.jpg

Screenshot-115_zps53d1bcd6.jpg

Anyway, after Savannah became a teen, Nathan and Shandra had a second child, Sebastian. I can't seem to find the pix but I'll add them to this post once I do locate them.

Sebastian's life has also been interesting. Upon graduation from Community School for the Gifted (CSG) he left the cozy confines of Sunset Valley to try to make a name for himself in Bridgeport as an actor. His talent began to shine, winning a Golden Simmy and a Sim's Choice Award.

However, his love life began to make more headlines than his acting ability. He began dating Kyra Foster, one of Lola Belle's backup singers, and when Kyra became pregnant, Sebastian denied the baby.

Screenshot-88_zpsab3412a7.jpg

The only problem is, when he was dating Kyra, he'd left a high school sweetheart back at home - Daisy Ramsey, granddaughter of SV townies Gage Briody and Dave Ramsey. The expectation in Sunset Valley was that Sebastian and Daisy would marry, after all, both families had deep roots in SV's arts and theater scene.

Screenshot-511-2.jpg

In the end, however, Sebastian was neither with Kyra nor Daisy - but Madison Westley, a singer from Starlight Shores. Brutally ambitious, Madison's goal in life was to become a vocal legend, and she was aided in that goal by her mother/manager, Michele Guyton. Theirs was a passionate, tumultuous relationship that ended in a bitter split and a huge custody battle that involved Savannah as well.

th_Video-2.mp4

Savannah popping the question to Andrew

Screenshot-17.jpg

Andrew, Savannah's ex-pro-athlete hubby, again with dinner duty while she is out ghost hunting.

Screenshot-34-1.jpg

He caught Sierra once when she missed the school bus.

• Options
    @venusdemilosims I know right :) I just love how Clara turned out. I managed to make her pretty but still with this look that says she will hurt you on the slightest whim >:)

As to the saves it's looking like I can't get them back :( I haven't found them hidden anywhere and nobody seems to know a way to retrieve them. Thankfully I still have Kaley and it's not like I don't have other sims I can play in Lillie's stead but I'm still sad to lose that story.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @venusdemilosims Looks like Sierra was a tomboy, but not really a bad kid.

In my first post about Kristy, I said that she will be staying single, but might have boyfriends along the way. But even then, it will only be casual dating, no living together or woohoo, not even any making out or slow dancing. Those will only come when she is ready to get serious and consider marriage.

So far, in the time I've posted updates about, she had none. I've played two sim weeks since, and there has been a change. But I'll save the details for my updates, so I don't have to explain things more than once.

Why do you consider a legacy failed by getting attached to your sims? I would think getting attached is what it would take to continue a legacy. I can't play sims I'm not attached to. I can't get interested in what happens to them if I'm not.

Very interesting background to your current story. Were you posting it when you were playing all of that history?

Well, I see where Sierra gets her personality and rebelliousness. Her mother hasn't got much room to be unhappy with her. After all, the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree!

That's interesting about Gage Briody and Dave Ramsey being Daisy's parents in Sebastian's part of the story. In my games, Dave always moves out of the Page household within a day or two of the start of the game, leaving Gage and Artie together. Sometimes Gage and Artie become romantic partners, but Dave never stays with them, like he doesn't get along with them.

I guess Andrew isn't as lenient with Sierra as Nathan was with Savannah.

@bishty It looks like somebody needs to do some cleaning. Is that garbage on the kitchen floor? Helen finally got her promotion! She's happy now.

What are you doing to Aaron in that picture? I see electric currents, and the look on his face says he isn't any too happy about it.

You made friends with Norman while somebody was trying to sleep in that room?

@MayaRose1138 Yes, you have to put the sculptures into the household inventory to take them to the consignment shop. Then when you get there, you click on the register and select “buy,” then use the consign tab. You don't get any money until they sell, which may not happen for a few days. But you almost always get more than if you sold them through inventory.

I thought it was 18 credits for 4 subjects that would get the full scholarship, but it turns out it takes more than that. You also need some points in one or both of the other two subjects. Carl's Guide said it takes 2000 total points, but Kristy finally got a full scholarship with a little less than that. She bought gardening and science books, and read them until she had level 3 in both. She wasn't quite at 2000 points, but she was close.

I always had my sims plant the unknown special seeds in a separate garden bed, so I wouldn't end up with a tree in the middle of the smaller plants, or tall plants mixed with the short ones in the main part of the garden. Then when my sim harvested them, she could plant them in the appropriate place in the main garden. But I've since learned that I can move my garden plants in buy mode, so I just plant them all lined up, then rearrange them, if necessary, in buy mode.

You can't make two story houses from blueprints? I don't use blueprints, but I've tried them before, and I thought I did put a blueprint room on the second story of a house I was trying them with. You might have to put a floor down or something, I don't know.

@Zabeth0 Thank you for your input, Rafael. It's too bad you weren't in Riverview when Kristy took in her sculptures. Next time they call Kristy to order something, she will tell them that her work is in the consignment store, and suggest they go there and buy it.

Yeah, the van would have worked too, but it's more expensive than the truck, and she wasn't well off enough yet to spend any more than necessary. She'll replace the truck with something better, eventually.

@Celiria What a shame about losing Lillie, and so soon! It was such a good story. And I know how you feel about starting over, so I am seriously disappointed, though not anywhere near as much as you are, I know.

I guess I wouldn't play anything at all in Sims 4 without copying the saves folder to another location on my computer every time I saved, if that's a common issue. Then when the save disappeared, I'd copy it back in. At least, I'd do that if Sims 4 works like Sims 3 with saved games.

Clara looks good. Good backstory too.

@Puddinroy Thank you.
  • Options
    CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    i always have a kitchen sink, one does not bring food into the bathroom in a civilized society *shudder*
    having ice-cream scream is precisely why you start with the face rather than the ears, just more humane (and quieter)
    sorry about the saves being eaten. are the backups still there?

i find that i'm passively-aggressively (this is now a word) trying to kill the townie spouse of Benjamin and will unlikely make another couch potato traited sim. she kept dumping the kids in the playpen and turning on the tv.

screenshot_original.jpg
    I have a great view from my house atop the hill.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Alyssa Doe, 6th generation; sister to Charles and Daughter of Benjamin. Also got mother's eyes and cheeks but thankfully got father's mouth.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Benjamin with Patches, he just asked her to the prom.

thank you for the compliments on the house. i'm rather proud of my building and decorating even if it's not star-spangled professional (just gives me room to grow).
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @IreneSwift Yeah I have been figuring out how to back up saves this afternoon. That way I can at least not lose Kaley and Kamryn as well.

As I said to Venus though it's at least a plus that I have plenty of back up sims in my library. Challenge now is just figuring out which one to use.
  • Options
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Brenda sleeping
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Angelica and Adolfo taking turns
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @Celiria sorry to hear about the loss of your Lillie save. I was just getting into that story :( I hope they get this bug fixed, pronto.

@IreneSwift The reason I consider it a 'failed' legacy is because legacies are supposed to go 10 generations... and I can't even let a Sim die. Lol

I was posting the story on my blog site, Just Plumb Nuts but not much over here. Lol

Anyway, Gage and Dave are Daisy's grandparents, not parents. Her mother was Ariana (Briody) Ramsey, daughter of Gage Briody. Her father was Cole Ramsey, the son of Dave Ramsey. Since both families were in the Sunset Valley art and music scene, it was expected that Sebastian and Daisy would wed... but this wasn't the case.

Screenshot-4_zpsa4360bef.jpg

Screenshot-79_zpscc9356dc.jpg

Yep, I agree, Sierra was definitely a tomboy...

Screenshot-3162_zpsc59c73bb.jpg

...still is, actually. She hates makeup and doesn't really care for dresses.

sierrasoccer_zps5a6abf94.jpg

And more often than not she'll beat the boys at sports.

Screenshot-432_zps076e079d.jpg

The other day Sierra insisted on practicing her throws with her mother.

Screenshot-3_zps3d6cc55b.jpg

She also likes throwing on campus with her brother.

Sierra's older brother, Andrew, Jr., had been rushed to the hospital... in part because of Sierra. Here's how it happened.

Screenshot-417.jpg

The day after her teen birthday, Sierra was arrested for attempting to break into a neighbor's house.

Screenshot-419.jpg

Sierra's older brother had just come home from Fort Starch after his own stint with bad behavior. Right after she came in, he tore into her...

Screenshot-420.jpg

but before Savannah could respond, Andrew, Jr., was passed out on the floor.

Screenshot-472.jpg

He spent three days in the hospital.

Screenshot-439.jpg

While the rest of the family was at the hospital with AJ, Sierra did everything but join the rest of them.

Screenshot-458-1.jpg

She woke up at three in the morning to exercise.

Screenshot-602.jpg

On a starry night, her older sister, Sage, attempted to reach her.

Screenshot-672.jpg

Finally Sierra's father, Andrew, made her come to the hospital to see her brother.

Screenshot-678.jpg

Once there she ripped into her sister, Sage

Oh... there's one more thing about Sierra that all of you need to know...

Screenshot-2089.jpg

Screenshot-2088.jpg

As a very young teen she was abducted by aliens.

Screenshot-295_zpsd3faa901.jpg

Screenshot-296_zpsd64a27d5.jpg

She's not exactly a social butterfly - in fact, she prefers her own company and tends to 'space out' from time to time.

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Spring arrived on Sunday with a heavy snowstorm. Kristy decided to keep her Christmas tree up until the snow melted.

1firstdayofspring.jpg

By mid-morning, the temperature had warmed considerably, and the snow began melting fast.

2meltingsnow.jpg

That morning, after doing laundry, cleaning up, and reading the newspaper, Kristy set to work on another stone sculpture. She is working on the Master Sculptor skill challenge, which requires her to make 5 sculptures of each medium. She needed only 4 more of stone, and 4 of metal.

3stonesculpture.jpg

Unfortunately, the sculpture broke when it was nearly finished, because it contained a blue topaz ore. The stone block had cost her $500 to buy, and the topaz was worth only $15. What a raw deal!

4rawdeal.jpg

She started on another one right away, but this one broke too. Only there was nothing inside it. She's going to have to work really hard, and make some very good sculptures, to make up the $1000 she just lost in such a short time. The life of a sculptor is not looking so good right now! But that wasn't the reason for her obvious unhappiness here. She had received a phone call asking her on a date – from a married man!

5daterequest.jpg

She decided to forget about working with stone right now, and started a metal sculpture. She had to stop to eat dinner, and blog her complaints about the loss of the stone blocks, and before she returned to her work, she began to feel ill. This has not been a very good start to the new season!

6metalsculpture.jpg

Kristy worked into the night to finish the metal sculpture anyway. She was determined to get one sculpture done this day! It was an abstract, called “shapely conundrum” worth $1,325. With her savvy seller trait, it should go for more. It will at least get back the money she lost on the stone blocks, but she will still be behind where she could have been financially if the stones hadn't broken.

7successfulmetalsculpture.jpg

The next morning, Kristy received another phone call asking her on a date, by another married man! What kind of woman do these guys think she is, anyway? She was even less polite in her refusal this time.

8anotherdaterequest.jpg

One evening, Kristy went to the Red Rendezvous again. This time, no married men hit on her, and she was able to make a new friend, Meadow Broke (formerly Carpenter-Rhodes).

9newfriend.jpg

Kristy needed to make one more metal sculpture to have finished five of them.

10anothermetalsculpture.jpg

Finally, Kristy decided to try again to make a stone sculpture. It was the only way she was going to be able to make the skill challenge that would make all of her sculptures more valuable. This one not only was a success, but the most valuable sculpture she had made to date. It's also another one I'm going to have her duplicate for herself later on.

11finallyasuccessfulstonesculpture.jpg

Saturday, Kristy went to the spring festival, but there was no one there except the food vendors. It was raining very hard, which might have kept other sims away, but part of the festival was indoors. Kristy spent much of the day skating, and waiting to see if anyone else would come. No one ever did, but Kristy mastered the art of skating, and is now able to do fancy spins.

12spinning.jpg

13spinning2.jpg

14spinning3.jpg

Saturday night, Kristy took the aptitude test again.

15aptitudetestagain.jpg

This time she had 400 points and 18 credits each in business, technology, fine arts, and communications, and 100 points each in science and medicine, for a total of 1800 points, but she was still offered only a partial scholarship. She can't get any more points in the four subjects she's gotten credits in, so she is going to have to get some points in physical education and/or science and medicine, to get a full scholarship.

At the end of week 4, Kristy had level 8 in the social networking skill, and 1,161 followers on her blog. She is at level 8 in her career, and still needs to make 3 more stone sculptures to achieve the Master Sculptor skill challenge. It doesn't look like she's going to university any time soon. But I think that when she does, she will major in fine arts.

I looked it up and found that it will help when she goes into the film career. It will be equally helpful in the culinary and music careers. I may have her do the culinary career in order to get the Kelvinator refrigerator. The poster who gave me the idea said she was starting hers in culinary so she would have the refrigerator for the rest of the game. Maybe I should have Kristy do culinary next. If so, I suppose she should go to university even if she can't get a full scholarship. She has enough money now that she can probably pay the difference. She's supposed to get a $2500 scholarship at this point.
  • Options
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The upgraded starter house for The Dowling Family
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    @IreneSwift, Not likely since Grimmy still have beef w/ Liam that would not want to stop anytime soon. Kinda a brief delay for now! Meteor are bad when those would track your sims like a missile which would be annoying to say the least. Haha yeah indeed, especially when Emily had to worry about the prom later on her time as a teen.

@Zabeth0, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! Seriously that's the perfect scenario! Yep Emily barely touched those childhood outdoor toys.

@Celiria , Clara looks pretty! Hopefully your save can be fixed so you can continue on!

--

Today is 9/10 of Michelle & Emily update:

15017809708_a1e20d5b1e_z.jpg

Time for Emily to enjoy her mud bath in peace!

15017803947_755aa77780_z.jpg

That is until Michelle joins in to use the foot massager!

15017592189_f083572111_z.jpg

Emily is dreaming about victory for some reason!

15203996572_cd11dc288e_z.jpg

Michelle then thought about birthday cake which Emily did had a birthday while Emily is thinking about her house that she living at.

15017803277_723197b58e_z.jpg

Emily decided to play an online social game which features The Sims Social.

15201327761_e017ef792f_z.jpg

Well she certainly didn't like to see the see-saw when she aged up to be a teen. I guess you can say that she was ROBBED of her childhood!

15017802557_6b677cd21f_z.jpg

Time to start doing chores like doing the laundry.

15203995142_5889403b52_z.jpg

As well using the school bus to go to school!

15204371845_ddca6b2435_z.jpg

After she had a glimpse w/ the other students can be awkward to see the difference in her appearance.

15017696270_0e8440b56c_z.jpg

Step aside Bella as you don't want to mess w/ Emily!

15181348706_0ab7279f50_z.jpg

After finishing school as teen for the first time got her to do some thinking.

15181348256_87817fe677_z.jpg

That she wanted to join the study club afterschool activities.

15017805138_df96418d76_z.jpg

By the time she finishes joining the club that she visits the park.

15017799397_1ca00cda03_z.jpg

Where she can do homework at the bench!

15203992062_b7cb593659_z.jpg

Uh oh what's this? Michelle romantic hugging Ransom w/ Emily to witness it. Luckily that nobody notices and give a bad sign.

15203991522_6ce500390a_z.jpg

Then Emily wanted to ask Michelle to teach her how to drive! Michelle accepted, but she must return the favor of not telling other sims about the event happen while doing more chores.

15017803088_ece6542558_z.jpg

15017802598_0e16dd6d68_z.jpg

Time to start Emily driving lessons in her new car that Michelle bought. Emily does look like a spoiled girl!

15203990402_1803f38790_z.jpg

After finishing the first session that Michelle drives w/ Emily home while she thinks about romance.

15017691650_d29e6219cf_z.jpg

Her end of the deal is to clean the toilet! How fun!

That's it for now!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top