Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Evil Travel Agent's Guide To Dragon Valley starring Nicolae Irwin part 3

icpzpl.jpg

Now, it's important to note that though the place looks like the great old days of kings and lords raising up as mercilous tyrants, squeezing the peasants for everything they could possibly scrape up, forcing them to pay salt taxes and other things they couldn't afford and then not batting an eyelash at their plight, this is not 'the good old days'.

15mkbv5.jpg

Observe these lovely maidens. I may be talking to them about emeralds, but they do have cell phones to show each other funny and cat videos on, or if you step out of line, to call the law on you.

dg1kiu.jpg

Of course...that's assuming they aren't police officers themselves, which one of them is.

zn4du1.jpg

Though there are also modern conveniences like ice cream trucks to make you look innocent while you are observing the neighborhood.

2jfdmvk.jpg

Because everything in the neighborhood looks one way and is another, observation is the only thing that will save you from doing something stupid. You have been warned.

20q1387.jpg

Mmmm, I do so love it when Ice cream screams.

2wgxhme.jpg

Right, so, even though all the details, such as the mailbox and trash receptacles...

2rojbzm.jpg

...street lights...

9hq5ap.jpg

...cobblestone streets...

2usz7ed.jpg

...the wells...

25ge24i.jpg

...the old fashioned bridges...

11s2ibn.jpg

...and the ancient trees all point you to think that you aren't in the modern age, you still have a cell phone and it still gets service, right? So do they...you have been warned.

v49j75.jpg

I love the duplicity here. All the modern conveniences made to look like the ancient times... it's like living in a ren faire....with dragons.

otqnth.jpg

Like Aurora skies, it has a community garden to plunder.

29qb4id.jpg

Though you can buy groceries if you need.

j9q89h.jpg

This is the science center that I spend most of my days in.

xc19vr.jpg

The place next door is an art museum.

af8vao.jpg

Being that the primary building material around here is stone or wood, tapestries are quite popular.

rbbnfk.jpg

But there are still other art displays. It's not like it's a small building to fill up, after all.

v3pusw.jpg

This is the spa.

2db48wy.jpg

Here's the spa at night. You're welcome.

2z4hfkm.jpg

Detail of a fountain from the spa.

9kny2h.jpg

Not far from the spa is the public pool.

2ym99ck.jpg

At night, this is a great peaceful place to contemplate your master plans to achieve world domination.

• Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited September 2014
    If I already posted this I'm sorry, I edited the image and wanted to replace it but I can't find the original post.

I have been obsessively playing my Kaley Green save this afternoon and have then next updates images taken so I thought I would post one I particularly liked as a fun tease.

first-kiss.png

I have to say, this is easily my favorite picture I've ever taken :) The update will go up sometime tomorrow.

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Celiria-I saw your update on the other thread and it's great.That's great that you were able to find CC.Great update!I have a kid living in Glen Harbor who can't get a job because she's a kid and needs to go to school.
    Colorist40-I've got a store in Garden Market though that lot has basement rabbit holes because I put the rugs in the basement so they would have room to be usable and the upper floor is still usable.Rudy's got over 10000$.Rudy is starting with building something small and adding to it over time and she'll be able to start a family after she's married.Great Shrek update!I also want to get TS4 sometime soon though I have to get more hard drive space before I can do that.
    IreneSwift-I had Rudy staying in ratty clothing because she wouldn't want to mess up the better things until she got her house built.It's almost summer in the game and she's still just starting the house and it takes time to get a house built when your sim has to pay for it.
    ddsims3world-Great update!
    msbeckycat-I hope you didn't have to lose everything.I almost did when I made a mistake updating my Mods.
    venusdemilosims-Great update!
    Zabeth0-Great update on the tour!
    I'll get my own update out a little later.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's my update from GlenHarbor for today.
    Rudy slept in a little later than she wanted to though she got up at 8AM and got ready to tend her garden.
    15164510472_3850bc3a72.jpg
    She had to eat cereal after showering before getting to work.
    14978326458_09771d7000.jpg
    Rudy was grateful she'd spent time in the dumpsters and found a few things like counters and a camp sink.She also found the mini fridge there.
    15164911325_a1dd1de509.jpg
    She spent most of het day after tending the garden studying skills on her iPad and playing social games.SHe also got a salad fixed for her dinner and started learning to cook.
    14978332388_190c4f0e6c.jpg
    Rudy ate a plate of salad for dinner and got the leftovers out away in her fridge before going out to gather a few things near her home lot.
    14978180409_327a722f1e.jpg
    She found a whitecap mushroom and got it planted though it was already dark and about 7:30.
    15161926331_ac754be5f7.jpg
    Rudy got more framing,drywall and sheetrock to build another section of wall on her house.
    14978258270_5e85b00945.jpg
    She managed to get into her tent and was falling asleep by 8PM.
    14978341598_6a03f92b00.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @Celiria: There are an awful lot of things the site sensors. Though I am glad you can say vase now. Really, I know why someone would want to sensor the less smart adjectives due to trolls and flame wars..and things...it seems a little excessive, but okay...but the container that flowers are put in? Yeah, senseless. I'm still not happy that certain famous general's names are now 'plum' here, and therefore one of my characters who is named after a famous general has to be perpetually mispelled in order for his name to show up... but okay, it's a computer, it can't differentiate between form and meaning, after all. :D Better safe than sorry. :D Besides, just like other forms of censorship, when you run into the magic word, your mind fills in a worse one lol. That's why you can find clips where people have censored innocent words on sesame street to make it sound like the count and others are cursing. So, in my update, when Nicolae is talking about doing something not smart, keep in mind it is also a 'not smart' word, rather than the worst word that would be censored! :D

Of course! :D Lol@ watching her read for hours! :D Looks like the sims are no better at dressing themselves lol. :D Lol@Monster in the river rumor. Well, at least it's not endless gossip about who has money or doesn't. :D Interesting rumors for a change lol. Completely silly, but interesting. :D Are those thought bubbles wishes? Nice to hear freewill won't starve them to death or cause all their needs to go red in the sims 4. Maybe that's why they were trumpeting that sims were so smart in the commercials. :D

She's in a desert now...surely she needs to learn to not do things like go jogging in the heat of the day! Eek. Oh, well, starting a little farther down is better than no job at all. Sometimes it just takes getting your foot in the door for a company to realize you are a good employee who they can use to better effect elsewhere. I suppose they need flexible, resourceful people to be able to chase down stories or notice them at the drop of a hat...so it's a good 'test', if indeed it is a test, and not just scrambling as it appears. :D

@LBell: Lol! Welcome back! :D Oh, well, at least babies have arms and legs and clothes...still, no toddlers...did they combine the two age groups? Does a baby learn to talk and walk and use the potty? What can you do with a TS4 baby?...hmm. Lol- I'm sure he does! I prefer TS3 Wesker. :D Oh, he's got a plantsim daughter, that's interesting. She looks so bored...I have to wonder what he's reading.

Lol@ i pad jealous faces. :D

@Puddinroy: Thanks. :D

@Ddsims: It's good to see a firefighter doing a good job of it. :D Nice fireworks! :D Is Emily adopted (is that what you mean got her?)

• Options
    @Zabeth0 well gossiping about who has money and who doesn't would be awkward since Kaley is borderline broke after her house and other startup expenses :P

If your referring to the ones over the UI images head, yes those are whims. The colored one is based on your Sims emotion, the other two are based on traits and or what your sim is doing.

Honestly the Sims are actually really smart in the game other than some minor issues with where to sit when talking.

I don't think there really is a good time to go jogging in a desert climate so she kind of just has to make due.

Glad you enjoyed the stories :)
  • Options
    @IreneSwift: Sorry, I literally have no idea how to do the blogging thing. I'd study up and do it, but I'm sure only one or two people would care, and it seems like a better use of time to just keep working on the story instead. :D Well, at least you got something out of it. :D Glad to hear you're not exactly in the 'kill Zelda' camp, that way you might not mind a few asides involving her before we answer that question. Well, neither Rafael nor Zelda are what one would call 'good people' but they could have been...had things happened differently. It's not like either of them was born evil. :D

@Colorist: He couldn't be bothered to put clothes on before going looking for her?! That is disrespectful! Yes, after you are (both) in love and comfortable with each other, then walking around in your underwear might be allowed to slide within the walls of your house, but that's not the starting point! This is not going to go well. "Put a stop to this"? Lol! Oh, his arrogance! He's just going to go make it worse. There, he made it worse. He needs someone to smack him upside the head. Why doesn't he have a fairy godmother to smack him upside the head and explain why he's the one being an -not smart-?! Honestly, I don't know how they could possibly turn this around, unless Fiona suddenly decides that she loves Barthus so much that she doesn't want him to die, and is willing to get married to Shrek and be miserable forever just to spare his life (since she's the only one that might not die as a result of the contract not being fulfilled), but it doesn't appear she even understands what's going to happen. Maybe someone else could explain it to her? Someone who doesn't have any stakes in it would probably be best.

@GBA: Lol@ horrible hot dogs with "unique flavor"! lol maybe I've been trying to win the contests the wrong way lol. :D I'd never know that thing with the kids throwing the food because anytime I put them in the highchair (rarely), they are seriously hungry first! :D Hmm, maybe I'll be able to use that sometime. Just to see it.

@Maya: Ouch. Learning to save a lot is hard. (I've learned from such experiences myself, though I hate losing gameplay 5 times as much as builds because at least builds -can- be the same the second time). As others have said, I'm sure you'll be faster the next time, since you already know what you want and have pictures. :D

@TadOlson: You have a nice close up on Rudy picking fruit from the tree there, with the fence behind her. :D Wow, you actually saw a space rock arive! :D cool :D It'll probably be nice she has her own garden. :D Wow, aliens to break up her routine! Nice haul on the money tree, good to see her starting her house's walls. :D

• Options
    aut8y9.jpg

Jake: "Well, you got that quickly enough. I think it needs to be rewarded with some fun. Let's have a pillow fight break! You're finally big enough to have a pillow fight with!"

r77jg3.jpg

Jake: "Oh, Lil Bear, you're a natural at pillow fighting! Look at those feathers fly!"
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I haven't played the Morgans since Wednesday. Their game is complex enough that I can't bring myself to play them unless I have a large enough block of time to be fully focused, and that just hasn't happened since Wednesday. But I got an idea from a post in the general discussion, in yet another topic where someone asked if anybody was still going to keep playing Sims 3. The poster said that she had started a sim who is going to live in every EA world she has, and have different goals in each one. I really liked that idea, and decided to do that myself.

So, I made myself a single, young adult female sim, using randomize until CAS came up with one I liked. I also randomized her traits, though I did change some of them. Since she will be working at many different careers and perfecting many skills, as much as possible, ones that I have not made much use of, I wanted traits that wouldn't be specific to any particular skill or job. So I randomized, then changed some of her traits. I also randomized her favorites. So, she is brave, irresistible, good, friendly, and neat. Her favorites are French music, veggie burgers, and red.

I decided that I wanted her to live in Tish Cottage in Riverview, and her first career is as a self-employed sculptor. The poster I got the idea from said she used young again potions to keep her sim alive, until she had enough points to get the Age Freeze LTR. But I decided to turn aging off for my sim, with an individual setting in NRaas Story Progession. The rest of the sims around her will age.

She is going to stay single, as being married would complicate things too much, as far as moving her along to another town when she finishes her goals in one, but she may have boyfriends along the way. Being irresistible, she has been hit on by a lot of guys already. For that reason, I decided she is going to be my sim to play when I need to take a break and play for only a short time. I won't be sharing her day to day activities, but will share some of the highlights of her game.

Here she is, Kristy Young:

Kristyheadshot.jpg

From Sunday through Friday, I have her make one sculpture each day, then she'll spend the rest of the day doing other things, preferably out in public, where she can meet other sims and work on other skills. She's met quite a few at the library, where she read books to learn charisma and logic. The first sim she introduced herself to was Sherman Bagley.

3shermanbagley.jpg

Making a living as a sculptor isn't easy, at last not at first. So, when she was offered an opportunity to provide 3 wooden sculptures to the Good Citizen's Warehouse, she accepted. Although she would not knowingly give support of any kind to the town's criminal element, being new to town, it's reasonable to assume she doesn't yet know of the nature of the business they operate. And, this seemed like it could be her first big break.

1jobwithcriminalwarehouse.jpg

However, she got a pretty good idea of the character of this customer when she went there to deliver the sculptures. They insisted that she stay there and hollow them out for them, then when she had finished, they paid her only $286 for the sculptures, which were actually worth $862.

Now in real life, if somebody was trying to cheat me like that, I would walk out, and take my merchandise with me. Since Kristy couldn't really do that, I instead quit without saving and did the day over. This time, I canceled the opportunity from her queue and had her take the sculptures to the consignment store. All three sold by the end of the day, for a total of $1,462. This also resulted in several promotions at once, bringing her to level 5 in her career, from level 2. She also got a $500 bonus.

As usual, I'm following Kristy's wishes, as far as directing what she does each day, other than the basic things she needs to do whether she wishes for them or not. Here she is working on her first ice sculpture, which she wished to do as soon as the medium became available for her.

2icesculpture.jpg

Every now and then, I have Kristy take the university aptitude test. As soon as she is able to get a full scholarship, she is going to attend. So far, she hasn't even been offered a partial scholarship, which is no surprise, but her scores are improving, and she was offered 6 credits in fine arts the last time she took it. She is gaining skills in handiness, logic, charisma, and cooking, as well as sculpting. She has also started a personal blog, and posts once or twice each day. So far, she has 11 followers, and is at level 2 of the social networking skill.

4universityaptitudetest.jpg

Saturday, Kristy took a much-deserved day off, and went to the summer festival. While there, she met enough sims to complete the celebrity skill challenge, which will make it easier for her to make friends. So far, she has no actual friends. But she gained one celebrity level after introducing herself to Constance Shelly, a one-star celebrity. She has met a few other celebrities since. While she's struggling to make ends meet, the discounts are nice, and when she moves to Bridgeport, she is going to go into the film career. So, she might as well get a start on the necessary celebrity now.

5waterballoonfight.jpg
  • Options
    bishtybishty Posts: 393 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hey all :) Sorry I've been so absent lately. I've been mostly unpacking boxes and getting to know the area and dabbling about in TS4. I live really close to two of my brothers now - literally 2 minutes away from one of them - so I've actually LEFT THE HOUSE a few times to go and play with children :D I usually hole myself up inside all summer :P Although I suppose it isn't summer anymore :O I'm aware that that's sort of backwards but at least in my old place there was nothing to do outside and plenty to do inside :P Anyways.
    As far as TS4 goes, it's fairly fun. I've started a list of mod ideas which I think will make the game better. Some I'm sure will be addressed by patches, like fixing the ability to talk while gardening, as currently the game thinks you can do it but in reality they don't chat, they just stand there watching the other sim garden, and others I might have a go at doing myself as I kinda fancy dipping my toe in :P I completed one aspiration, the gardening one, in about 45 sim days. It prompted me to pick a new aspiration but almost all of Sonja's life is about her garden so I didn't. I miss the wish/wants system. Whims are so, well, whimsical. I feel like there's nothing for my sims to aim for, even when they haven't finished their aspirations. Or maybe it's just that their lives are so driven towards their aspirations that I feel like they lack in character a little. It's difficult for me to be objective on that point though because I project character onto my sims in my head. My head is full of imaginary people :P However, my sister got herself a pre-made boyfriend and he's just moved in (in-game obviously :P ) so I'll keep an eye on his behaviour. But I haven't found my sims doing anything interesting or surprising yet. I've found them doing funny things, such as dropping the egg from the frying pan on the floor and quickly replacing it with a guilty look :D I guess I'm just not feeling the essence of the game, or maybe it doesn't have one - what I mean by that is, why did they make it a whole new game. It doesn't really seem to have life, in my opinion. But it's good to pass the time with, it's not like I hate it. Anyways here are some screenshots I took :D Also I can't figure out how to hide the UI. In TS2 and 3 you just pressed F10 but it doesn't work in TS4. If anyone finds it I'd be really grateful :D
    Helen broke the fridge :D
    Pntu9RJ.png
    This is meant to be showing my face in the corner, because it really looks like me :D
    JME4L42.png
    At least Sonja's facial expressions are still quite lively
    fUrJE8J.png
    cizJGPx.png
    This is showing a (albeit faint) line between my sim's head and neck. Tut tut :P
    E3pEzMs.png
    This is Milly telling me to get a better graphics card already :P
    K5uC7ot.png
    This is me missing my best friend :(
    Jh5JMbk.png
    I actually really like the jogging in TS4, I think it's very well animated though their jogs are very short
    Evweuso.png
    And finally, just sisters :D
    g5xjxN9.png
  • Options
    MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    edited September 2014
    Great pictures, @brishty ! I wish I could run TS4 on my mac! D:

I came on just to share something funny that literally just happened.

In my game, I had one of those folded-up beds. My couple sims were asleep in it and suddenly my female sim teleported to the middle of the room and the bed was folded up with my male sim still in it?! I could see 'Zzzzs' coming out; my male sim was still sleeping in it!

I tried to pause the game to take a picture but because it was fast-forwarded, I totally missed it!

I thought that was absolutely hilarious and wondered if this happened to anyone else?

[EDIT]:

Oh, oh! I know why it happened! I tried to make my cat sleep on the bed with both my sims, again. And the bug happened, again.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    deleted
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Kaley Green update in a second but first a side note. I love wordpress. I just was just uploading the pictures for this update and I realized I have over 800 sims images in my media library for the site but altogether I've only hit 3% of the data limit wordpress gave me :o I just find that amazing and ridiculous.

Okay now that that randomness is out of the way it is time for more

life-and-times.jpg

I swear every time I post that image it goes through my head in the over dramatic movie announcer voice :P

So here we go Day 2

When we last left our verdant haired heroine she had enjoyed an afternoon with her new friend Kamryn Jaramillo but had come home angry thanks to the evil and horrible Patrice Rizzo.

sleep-off-the-anger.png

So hoping to sleep off some of that stress she went to bed. But in the morning when she woke up she was still irritable from the night before, which meant it was time for drastic measures. The ultimate way to relieve stress....

bubble-bath.png

BUBBLES!!!!!!!! (also convenient censorship ftw :P )

yogurt.png

After her bath, Kaley enjoyed a quick bowl of yogurt while considering what to do for the day. She was feeling playful so I figured she should get out of the house and go somewhere in town. She also had a whim to go see the art museum and she wanted to chat with Tina Wilkerson (the older woman she'd chatted with by the river the day before). So I was thinking of having her call Tina on the phone and then hitting the art museum to try and meet some new people when...

look-whos-here.png

....a familiar face shows up at the front door.

nice-to-see-you.png

Kaley was happy to see her friend, especially since they had a great time the previous afternoon hanging out. It also turned out that not only had Kamryn come over to visit...

first-move.png

she was also feeling flirty.

and if any of you have doubts about whether she is attracted to Kayley or not....

talking-about-kaley.png

.... I present exhibit A

Talking about Kaley while feeling flirty.... I rest my case :P

On a side note @Colorist40 I mentioned to you yesterday that I was planning to keep to my rules and not start any romance until either Kaley or Kamryn showed some sign of romantic interest. I would say this is a big sign of romantic interest, a giant flashing neon arrow shaped sign pointing straight at Kamryn with the words "SHE LIKES YOU KALEY!" across it :P with a bunch of dancers tapping around it occasionally gesturing at it, and nasa reporting they can see it from space.... okay I'll stop.

ask-on-date.png

So, sorry to Tina Wilkerson but Kaley won't be calling you today. When a pretty girl shows up on your doorstep blatantly interested in you, it has tendency to change your plans just a touch. So since she wanted to go to the art museum anyway, and Kamryn is flirting with her, and Kamryn is also an art lover I had Kaley ask Kamryn on a date to the museum (I realize this seems ridiculously convenient but I swear I am not setting this up, this literally just happened by complete coincidence).

museum.png

So, they're off to see the museum... the wonderful museum of Willow Creek. Props to anyone who understands this likely poorly executed reference :P

flirting.png

Once they got to the museum Kamryn was quick to make it clear that she was more interested in Kaley than the art. Seriously this girl is in the wrong save, just imagine how Steph would react in Kaley's position :P

But despite Kamryn's forward attitude Kaley seemed to want to take things slow, more accurately she seemed to be acting adorably nervous the entire time.

sitting.png

Kaley tried to sit down and admire the art in the museum but Kamryn was determined. Seriously Steph would be so jealous of Kaley right now.

nervous.png

Kamryn finally got Kaley's attention completely focused on her but Kaley was still really nervous. To explain slightly, I wanted Kaley to flirt back a bit but I've been sticking mostly to interactions that appear in the games contextual list (when you click on another sim the game initially gives a set of interactions that contextually based on whims, emotions and the scenario that your sim might want to do right now, you can then select more choices and get the normal friendly/romance/etc menues) but despite the fact that Kaley was feeling flirty and was clearly attracted to Kamryn no romance options were appearing in the contextual wheel which made her come across as though she was nervous as she tried to keep looking at the art. I can't properly describe how hilariously cute it was :D

still-nervous.png

And the nervousness continued. The date goals list had been filling fairly well thanks to Kamryn's flirts, and the continued socializing as Kaley kept talking nervously about other subjects and the art on display. A new goal appeared on the date list, kiss your date, but much to my annoyance Kaley's nervousness continued and the kiss option wouldn't appear on the context menu, and it was getting late so Kaley was running out of time to .

So the game was telling her to kiss Kamryn, I wanted her to kiss Kamryn, the timing was telling her to kiss Kamryn, Kamryn wanted her to kiss Kamryn, and you darn well know Steph would be yelling at her to kiss Kamryn.

But Kaley's nervousness was winning out.

So...

since-you-wont-i-will.png

I intervened....

Yes, yes I know I shouldn't have but I couldn't take it any longer. I briefly added Kamryn to the household and made her take charge since Kaley was too nervous to make the move herself.

embrace.png

After that, Kaley loosened up a little and the two officially became a couple.

first-kiss1.png

Easily my favorite sim picture I've ever taken. I realize I keep saying that but I absolutely love this picture.

At that point it was getting late so Kaley headed home.

great-end-of-a-great-date.png

A nice goodbye kiss (you know for someone who was so nervous about it, she certainly took to it fast :P )

Or not, Kamryn didn't want to leave yet so since Kaley was hungry so I decided to have her make some salad for the two of them.

kamryn-still-flirty.png

But of course Kamryn had other ideas.

to-the-bedroom.png

Lot's of other ideas.

You can probably guess where this is going.

salad.png

And the salad got left abandoned and forgotten.

And that's it for Day 2.

What will happen next?

Will Kaley and Kamryn let me take the rest of the relationship slow or are they going to rush into marriage as well?

Will the salad ever get eaten?

Will Kamryn even let Kaley out of bed in the morning? (I really hope so because Kaley has her first day of work the next day :P )

Find out next time on

life-and-times.jpg

I realize I said I was going to try to keep this slow and realistic but darn, Kamryn just wouldn't let me. And I swear I did not set this up in the slightest. I realize how ridiculously coincidental all of this seems but the only meddeling I did was that one passionate kiss from Kamryn. The rest was the game, Kamryn showing up flirty, Kaley acting nervous, even Kamryn not wanting to leave was the game (I had Kaley say goodbye but Kamryn just decided to stay on the lot). Then I thought well that's okay, we'll have her stay the night and it won't go further than that, but then Kamryn walked up while Kaley was making dinner and blew a kiss, and then Kaley got the whim to want to woohoo.... and at that point I just gave up and said fine :P

Easily one of my favorite sim experiences ever, and the most adorable couple I've had since Ruby and Alyssa.

Hope everyone enjoyed the update, and happy simming.
    Post edited by Celiria on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    removed, everything has been figured out
    Post edited by Celiria on
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Celiria, got a question re: Sims 4. How is dating done in there? Do Sims have a set gender preference or is it just random?

@IreneSwift, Kristy is cute :)

Some more shots from this family. They've existed in some form since the base game.

Screenshot-2532_zps2237ab7d.jpg

This is my current main sim, Savannah. She's an intellectually brilliant woman who's done pretty much everything under the sun. She's been an adventurer, a ghost hunter, and has chronicled her life and funded her travels by writing books. She recently accepted a part-time professorship at Sims University...

Screenshot-2286_zps96d0e8bd.jpg

which, of course, made her oldest daughter, Sage, not too happy.

Screenshot-2299_zpsfbf55b7f.jpg

Sage's apprehension about her mother taking the Uni gig didn't stop her from moving in to mom's rental pad.

Screenshot-251_zps8d4193ea.jpg

Sage is a nature lover, always has been, since she was a child. She quit eating meat before she started school.

Screenshot-252_zps9cd3b7c5.jpg

Sage's indoor garden is thriving. She loves taking care of the plants.

Screenshot-457_zps8cea119c.jpg

In addition to gardening, she enjoys drawing, painting, writing, and riding her horse. In short, she really is a gentle, sweet spirit. Hard to believe "Sierra the Terror" was born right after her.

Screenshot-2264_zpsb955edf0.jpg

Andrew, the oldest son, on the phone with Samantha, his girlfriend

Screenshot-2263_zpsa1ebac8b.jpg

The family that studies together...

Screenshot-565_zps7931a770.jpg

Now Sierra is enrolled at Sims University, the older two have graduated. No one at the school quite knows what to make of the tall, broad-shouldered blonde.

Screenshot-579_zps45345cb8.jpg

From her professor who tried to proposition her...

Screenshot-148_zps586bf459.jpg

... to her clearly skeptical male classmates...

Screenshot-151_zps54aeb255.jpg

... who she's trying to impress Lol...

Screenshot-237_zps7c64ad73.jpg

... to her new friend, Sarah Parker, clearly the "Odd Couple" on campus given that on appearances they don't have much in common...

Screenshot-235_zps360caf22.jpg

My current theory is they've hit it off BECAUSE neither of them give a crap what anyone thinks. They're easily the school's two biggest 'misfits.'

Screenshot-190_zps9d5235f7.jpg

Sierra still does what she wants, when she wants... including plopping her sleeping bag outside of the stadium...

Screenshot-198_zps0a07ec2d.jpg

She enjoys throwing with her dorm mates (she's been throwing pretty much since she was little)....

Screenshot-199_zps8f37bd0b.jpg

...and beaning them with her passes...

Screenshot-233_zps4d572ab2.jpg

...She still prefers using the men's room...

Screenshot-377_zps6e232299.jpg

When she's not beaning her mates with her passes, she's playing chess on the computer... in fact, she won the university's recent chess tournament...

Screenshot-451_zps09b554ec.jpg

... and she tortured her uncle, her mom's brother Sebastian, with an ink blot test (on her own btw).
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2014
    @venusdemilosims It's like sims 3 where all sims are b.i.s.e.x.u.a.l.

edit: REALLY EA! Your censoring b.i.s.e.x.u.a.l REALLY?

Your darn game features it so how is it so bad it can't darn be mentioned on the forum.
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Celiria wrote: »
    Someone please help, the last section of my previous update won't format. The words are starting next to the image despite the fact that I put and enter line between them and none of the formatting shows up on the text between the salad picture and the Kaley banner

here is a picture of what the text looks like in my box and should look like in the post

text-formatting.png[img][/img]

You don't have the slash in the last img It should be and you have it without.
  • Options
    halleluja it's working now.

I just went in replaced the images on my blog and redid the links.

Okay feel free to comment on the Day 2 Kaley update now.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @Colorist40 I actually do have a slash, the last img that is bolder shouldn't even be there, I don't know why its showing up.

edit: nvm you were right. I looked again and I had forgotten the slash, that was probably part of the issue.... and I feel really stupid.

joy and now this post isn't formatting, EA fix your darn site.
  • Options
    @ Everyone

I figured out exactly what was causing the issue.

Apparently due to some bug on the site or weird programming design if you include the beginning tag to an image but don't have it connected to anything the site cancels all formatting around the tag. So the two tags I had that didn't have slashes in them were freaking the site out and as a result it refused to format any of my text near those tags.

The more you know
  • Options
    I would like to apologize to everyone, in my previous statements regarding the sims 4's graphics I appear to have unintentionally lied.

I said that the graphics weren't very good even on high. I am not sure why but for some reason even when I set my game on high it didn't render it as it was fully capable, maybe this is due to my laptop but either way it has come to my attention what the actual top level graphics for the game can look like so I wanted to correct my error. Below is a link to a topic where someone posted some top level graphic images.

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782011/the-resolution-is-amazing
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    @LBell, I forgot to mention that you got very nice pics especially Wesker not being on fire. No problem! Yeah right now Wesker does feel that he doesn't felt the same as his predecessor for sure. Thanks for the comments!

@TadOlson, Your welcome & thanks for the comment! That's quite a profit from the money tree! Very nice update!

@IreneSwift, Yep! Only him & that other male sim was the only ones at the firestation. Indeed since there is no one to trust in handling the situation better than Tyrone.

@Colorist40, Hahahaha yeah since they should've been smaller cellphone for kids since it looks too big for their need. That's not Hudson playing basketball since he knows when there is a time to play & also to focus on work in hand. :D Yep, it's all about attention that couples should stay away. (Roll eyes) Yep, but I do got a mod that prevents sims from using the deep fryer & ice cream maker autonomously. That would be an idea LOL, but I don't need to deal w/ it since they don't speak at all to each other. Thanks for the comments! Yeah I do want to have the realism of a dark night skies since what the game provides is not dark enough. I didn't get Midnight Hollow since it is not my type of town, plus it is bit too dark during the daytime which is a turn-off for sure. Great update! Boy Shrek & Fiona is not having a pleasant conversation & problems about the relationship issues.

@venusdemilosims, Yep she does indeed especially her favorite color is black. That's neat for Sierra to get the same wish & job that relates to her mother. That's the only Ambitions profession I have yet to even done (ghost hunter). Very nice pic! Sierra's parents may look proud, but will they know what their daughter will do w/ her career & out of their hair. :)

@Zabeth0, Great pics! That's got to be weird to see the llama mascot had to show up just to be in the shot! Photobomb to the worst LOL! True since Tyrone is highly prepare especially w/ his upgraded fire extinguisher. I would say Emily came "from the skies" LOL since she wasn't adopted or born in the world from any pregnancy.

--

Michelle/Emily update:

15181927885_da0738d89a_z.jpg

It's all start w/ Michelle being on the phone that she have something to argue about. "WHAT? I'm having no child as I'm fine on my own! End of story!" - Michelle

15178913141_224f519ffb_z.jpg

Emily has came from "out of nowhere" to live w/ Michelle.

14995164569_511b5d2eb9_z.jpg

These two meet w/ each other for the first time.

14995163979_32b0c2f1ee_z.jpg

After a brief chat w/ Michelle wanted to read a book while Emily goes to play the spring ride.

14995361827_a89f21817e_z.jpg

Yep Emily is having fun for sure!

15181545332_8701601a73_z.jpg

Then they both making faces!

15181923355_a6d1c96884_z.jpg

Emily gets to eat her favorite meal which is grilled cheese!

14995261710_060f948d5c_z.jpg

Michelle decided to go for the ride & try on low speed.

15181543592_8b58d5acb5_z.jpg

It seems the ride gone smoothly.............

14995339348_690cb6c985_z.jpg

14995338718_9fc206bfca_z.jpg

That is until she pukes!

15158894756_fbc2632107_z.jpg

Emily first day in school!

15158893916_067424b2b8_z.jpg

Time for her to do homework after-school!

15181539962_0706d0fd1d_z.jpg

Then having a good time at the treehouse!

15181918165_de833e0a1b_z.jpg

15181917745_c9d9158ddb_z.jpg

14995334548_91dbec1818_z.jpg

It's karaoke time!

15178902971_100bb3d152_z.jpg

Time for Michelle to do the usual bills as always.

15181536482_e3b590699f_z.jpg

Then Michelle have given some thoughts about what to do in a situation w/ Emily.

15158888986_71688b97d6_z.jpg

That's when Michelle decided to leave to somewhere while the school bus had to still be there when Emily at school already.

More to come tomorrow!

Preview to next update:

5lcsk4.jpg
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Colorist40 Does it work that way any better for men? I don't think so.

@ddsims3world How did Michelle happen to have a child? Did she adopt it? Did a relative die and name her the guardian of their child? The girl doesn't look any too happy to be there.

I see, Michelle didn't want her either. That poor child. She should have been sent to a different home, with someone who would have wanted her. But she seems to be willing to spend some time with her, at least in the picture where they were making faces at each other.

Having trouble with that gyroscopic conductor again, I see.

Do you have a mod that allows children to sing karaoke? I've had children wish to do it before, but when I click on the karaoke machine, it won't let them do anything.

Did Michelle abandon Emily? Or was she just going somewhere to make arrangements for something that affected Emily?

Is Emily a teen in that last picture? Is she upset that she doesn't have anyone to seesaw with?

@Celiria The way you worded it, I guess it could have been taken either way. When you said the autonomy setting was the same, I thought you meant the same as you had changed it to in the other game, but you meant it was the same as it had been.

Right, I knew you might just mean it because you didn't like what she did, but I wondered if she really was evil, or actually was doing it deliberately to come between Kaley and Kamryn.

So much for making plans! But with it being Kamryn that disrupted them, I'm sure Kaley didn't mind.

How did you know Kamryn was feeling flirty? Does it show you that?

Yes, I got the reference. My siblings and I used to watch the Wizard of Oz every single year. We would not have missed it for anything.

Well, she's not in Steph's save, and it's just as well! Steph isn't interested in lasting relationships, and probably Kamryn is. So Steph isn't her type anyway.

Did something say Kaley was feeling nervous, or was it just the way she was acting that gave you that impression? Tell Steph to mind her own business.

OK, never mind the previous question, unless it's other than you explained in the next paragraph.

Nothing wrong with intervening when the situation warrants it.

Are you enjoying the game more now, after it put so much drama into your game all on its own?

You didn't lie, you were only mistaken. You have to know that what you're saying isn't true for it to be a lie.

@venusdemilosims So, Sierra wasted her parents' money going to college? But I thought they had other reasons for sending her anyway. But if they did, it didn't seem to help any.

Thank you. I was surprised the game gave me such a pretty sim so quickly, with randomizing.

That was a nice look at the whole family. What happened to the father? Did he have to stay behind when Savannah went to teach at the university?

@Zabeth0 Dragon Valley looks very pretty. You have a censored word there, when Nicolae said that about the ice cream truck can help you keep an eye on things without making you look [🐸🐸🐸🐸, I assume].

I wasn't intending to even hint that you should put your stories on a blog. It's better to keep them here. More people will read them, and you won't lose everybody if you don't post for awhile. It's only that it's hard to find specific posts in a 260 page thread. But it gave me a chance to discover some other good stories too, that I had not seen before.

No, not at all, I'd like to learn more about Zelda, like what happened to her family, and what happened to make her bitter, angry, or whatever form of resentment that's making her a bad witch instead of a good one.

So, after the hard lesson, it's time to have some fun. Good way to keep Jae from getting anxious about the whole situation.

@TadOlson Yes, I know how long it takes to get a house built for a sim who starts out with nothing. I have done that myself several times. I tried out a game with a teen and toddler, just a few days ago, with no house and no money. I thought it would be extra challenging, but it turned out to be nearly impossible. Because I wanted the teen to go to school, meaning she had to earn enough for a babysitter each day, plus extra to build them a house. And with curfew, which I did not turn off, they had to stay on their own lot at night, regardless of weather. She barely managed to bring in enough money for the sitter, there was almost nothing left to build with. I may play them later, but it won't be in quite that way.

Well, 8 AM isn't so bad of a time to get up when you were kept awake by aliens until 1 AM. And after what they did to her, she was probably also more tired than she would have otherwise been. But I see she got into bed that night early enough to wake at a more normal time the next morning.

@bishty It's great that you are close to your brothers now!

You can break the refrigerator in Sims 4?!!

Nice pictures. I hope you can figure out how to make it play the way you want.
  • Options
    @IreneSwift I can't say whether Patrice actually was trying to get in the way, all I know is what she did and I went with it.

If you look at the pictures of them at the start on Kaley's front step under Kamryn's name you can see a pink bar. Those are color coded based on the emotion and if you hover over them the bar will drop down to directly tell you the emotion the sim is feeling.

Nope it was as I explained.

I am enjoying it much more. I've also realized that my primary dislike regarding the dates being limited to one venue is only if you do an official date. If I choose to start a date by asking a sim out it gives you goals and limits you to one lot until you end the date or it ends on it's own, but I can just send the two sims together to a lot and switch to my hearts content (as I did in the first update where Kamryn and Kaley were at the park then at the bar). I still have some issues (primarily lack of toddlers) but the game to me is very fun and I love the emotions and multitasking.

• Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    @IreneSwift, LOL I will be sure to answer those questions & post more of the update tomorrow! I'm leaving it as a cliffhanger! ;)

In the meantime coming soon in Liam & Grim update:

15161918336_4f9693837f_z.jpg

15181920981_eb18ab3e4d_z.jpg

It's Bob Pancakes from Sims 4 making his own debut to live w/ Liam & Grimmy! You think St. Nick got it worse, there is bad things going to happen when Grimmy comes into play when confronting Bob!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top