Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Active Contests & Lotteries Directory

Comments

• Options
    ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited June 2014
    Right...that should be everything, forgive me if I've missed something out :oops:

Update:

Ended/Results:

- "HUGE drawing contest with MAJOR expansion pack prizes" we are still waiting for the host to get back from vacation. Please DO NOT harass her! :twisted:

- "Sims Jewelry Caper, Scavenger Hunt and Lotto" is closed and we are waiting for the winners to be drawn. :D

- "The Pay It Forward Lottery" has it's winners! Congrats if you're one of them! :mrgreen:

- "Small competition - I need your help" has ended. Winners should be up later on! Good luck all! :thumbup:

- "JUNE FLASH MOB 2014" - Arresting game and Two Truths and a Lie Game has ended. New game is up, see below! :-)

New:

- "♥A Win for A Win Lottery♥" our very own MizoreYukii has opened up a lottery! so go and vote for her sim! :thumbup:

- "JUNE FLASH MOB 2014 ! Continue the Story Game ! The flash mob crew have opened up a new game! :-P

Reminders:

- ALL other threads are on as normal unless stated otherwise!

Past Update
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am SO behind in daily updates right now. :oops: I will do them again when things settle down, and I'm sorry for those who look forward to them (probably no one :lol: ). For now, I will just inform you guys of any new contests or important updates.

We have a new mafia, a new love story competition (I think? I barely glanced at it, was in a hurry >_< ), and a new building contest as well. I need to track down the last one and add it to the directory. Forgot to bookmark it! Derp!

Also, since the Building Contest thread hasn't been bumped and she said she would close it if no one else was interested, I will be removing it from the directory. If she opens it again I'll just add it again.

Other than that, nothing much. We have a few game threads with new challenges, but they're busy enough you should have seen them on the front page.

And um....I think that's it. :XD:

Have a wonderful day! Sorry, again.
  • Options
    RacerPQRRacerPQR Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited June 2014
    Type of Contest:Mystery/detective contest
    Name of Contest:Cherished Love:A love story full of mystery
    Host(s):RacerPQR
    Ends:TBD
    Link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/755191.page
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I totally forgot to update yesterday as I thought I'd already posted one, but obviously not :oops: Sorry for the delay, but here it is...

Update:

Ended/Results:

- "HUGE drawing contest with MAJOR expansion pack prizes" we are still waiting for the host to get back from vacation. Please DO NOT harass her! :twisted:

- "Sims Jewelry Caper, Scavenger Hunt and Lotto" has it's winners up!. Congrats if you're one of them! :mrgreen:

- "Small competition - I need your help" has it's winner! Congrats! :thumbup:

New:

- "♥♥♥ Hidden Springs Summer Getaway Lottery ♥♥♥" // Hosted by SeriphinaFyie // Ends June 8th

Reminders:

- "♥A Win for A Win Lottery♥" hosted by our very own MizoreYukii ends June 7th so don't forget to visit her thread! :D

- ALL other threads are on as normal unless stated otherwise!

Past Update
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Past Update

Update:

Ended/Results:

~ "Ivanna's House Hunters Contest Bakery Edition" hasn't closed yet due to Ivanna becoming sick, but otherwise it's still going to be judged soon. So for now, marked as closed for judging.

~ "Who Wore it Better?" now has the results up.....

~ "Design That Home- Revival : Partners in Crime" has ended the challenge.

~ "All Around The World in 80 Days" has closed for judging.

~ "Romeo and Juliet – A reality dating game" has all the people needed. They are no longer accepting applications.

~ "♦♦The Sims Survivor: Ziwa-Bonde!♦♦" has said goodbye to Caro, as she was voted out. Sorry to see you go Caro!

~ "++ BIG BROTHER! ++" has concluded the lottery with Franco and Mistey as the winners and revealed the first challenge results with Rosie and Hello as the winners.

~ "The Dating Contest 2: Bachelorette Edition" has concluded Task 8 and is now starting judging! We sadly had to see DangerDanger leave though! Good luck on your school work Danger!

New:

Lots of new things! First off:

~ Two extensions have happened! The first one is the "South Park CAS Contest", and it's new due date is June 10th! Get those sims in!

~ The second one is "Build me a Las Vegas Resort". It has now been moved to July 1st!

~ We have a new building contest run by Dayshatw! We desperately need a house for the contest to continue!
    American Horror Story: Asylum Sims 3 Edition - Build Contest // Hosted by Dayshatw // Ends (TBA)

~ This contest was added a while ago but I completely derped and forgot to add it! So sorry about that! This one is CAS and building. Have fun by making your favorite cartoon characters!
    Cartoon my World // Hosted by calmorezoo // Ends July 31st

~ Updated: We have a scavenger hunt game joining our numerous other games! All that's required is Riverview, nothing else! Cherished Love: A love story full of mystery // Hosted by RacerPQR // Ongoing

~ "Design That Home- Revival" has been updated with a new challenge.
    Design That Home- Revival : Honeymoon Period // Hosted by cmbaker16 // Ends June 16th

~ A new mafia game has started. The title is pretty self-explanatory too. :lol:
    (Closed to New Entries)Mafia Game // Hosted by Katieeee // Ongoing

~ "Romeo and Juliet – A reality dating game" has the first challenge sent out. Send in your answers!

~ "American Horror Story: Asylum Sims 3 Edition" has an important update on Page 10 about the game issues.

~ "♦♦The Sims Survivor: Ziwa-Bonde!♦♦" has the second challenge up! Read up and finish the challenge soon.

~ "++ BIG BROTHER! ++" had two challenges up, but one has finished already so there's one left. Get your tacky tourists up! Also, nominations were revealed!

Reminders:

~ "Myst Building & Trust: Build A Valley Victorian Dream House" builds are due tomorrow! Get those houses in!

~ "Rainbow Kidz - Reality Show" has the babies up! Grab them and raise them!

~ "Westeros and Essos 1000 Downloads" contest needs participants! It's easy to enter, just download the world and take screenshots!

~ "SimCiv Challenge & Prizes" has participants, but if you want easy prizes join along! It's on tumblr though!
    SimCiv Challenge & Prizes // Hosted by Aeslabelle // Ends when final family of the challenge is discovered
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi guys! Thank you so much for posting my competition on your Directory, and thank you MizoreYukki for bumping my post - I was getting a bit despondent as it seems to have generated little interest and I don't want to keep bumping it. Seems a bit desperate :).

And as for seemingly talking to yourself - don't let it get you down, from my experience with my page/s I've found that only a small percentage of the people who use sites/directories etc. will post a response. Usually they take an interest, but don't have the time/inclination to post. Which is all ok, but kinda makes you feel like a voice in the desert :D. I'll admit - I've seen your directory, thought it a brilliant idea, but flitted on without doing any more about it. Shame on me! :). But, let me take the opportunity now to thank you all for doing this; it's a brilliant idea, and incredibly useful!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    anetherron wrote:
    Hi guys! Thank you so much for posting my competition on your Directory, and thank you MizoreYukki for bumping my post - I was getting a bit despondent as it seems to have generated little interest and I don't want to keep bumping it. Seems a bit desperate :).

And as for seemingly talking to yourself - don't let it get you down, from my experience with my page/s I've found that only a small percentage of the people who use sites/directories etc. will post a response. Usually they take an interest, but don't have the time/inclination to post. Which is all ok, but kinda makes you feel like a voice in the desert :D. I'll admit - I've seen your directory, thought it a brilliant idea, but flitted on without doing any more about it. Shame on me! :). But, let me take the opportunity now to thank you all for doing this; it's a brilliant idea, and incredibly useful!
    You're completely welcome! I know people would like to enter, but they get a bit scatterbrained and forget that some of these contests are out there. Even though we have this directory, I don't think many remember to check back for "what's next on my to do list?" :lol: Sometimes the only way to get interest is just to keep bumping, even if we don't like it. I'll gladly bump it for you now and then though! I'm sure more people will enter soon. We usually get a lot of last minute entries, me being one of the many. :XD:

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and let us know what you think! It does feel like we're all alone, but I'm glad to know people read it at least. :lol:
  • Options
    RacerPQRRacerPQR Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for adding my competition I really appreciate it! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Another daily update for you. If you have read this please comment: "I've viewed the thread!"

Update:

Ended/Results:

- "Shhhh....It's A Surprise Party!! Come On You Know You Want To Join!!" has ended

- "aMAYzing Homemade Gift Exchange" has also ended, well done all who participated

New:

- NOTHING new today! :(

Reminders:

- "♥A Win for A Win Lottery♥" hosted by our very own MizoreYukii ends June 7th so don't forget to visit her thread! :D

- "♥♥♥ Hidden Springs Summer Getaway Lottery ♥♥♥" ends June 8th so don't forget to join in! :)

- ALL other threads are on as normal unless stated otherwise! :-P

Past Update [/quote]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    No updates for today or tomorrow folks! There really isn't anything to update on anyways. :XD:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I wound up staying home today, so here's an update!

Past Update

Update:

Ended/Results:

~ "Myst Building & Trust: Build A Valley Victorian Dream House" is now closed for judging!

~ "++ BIG BROTHER! ++" has closed the "Tacky Tourists" challenge. Please wait until the results are revealed.

New:

~ "Mafia Game" is now on Day 3! Don't forget that if you're busy to send in night actions beforehand!

~ We have a new contest! It's another asylum building contest.
    Asylum/Prison BUILDING COMPETITON // Hosted by CoreyCanadian // Ends July 7th

Reminders:

~ "American Horror Story: Asylum Sims 3 Edition" has an important update on Page 10 about the game issues.

~ "♦♦The Sims Survivor: Ziwa-Bonde!♦♦" needs the teams to finish the second challenge. Get it done!

~ "Romeo and Juliet – A reality dating game" still needs a few people to turn in the challenge! Hurry up and make your breakfast for Romeo!

~ "South Park CAS Contest" is due on the 10th! Get those sims in!

~ "✧♥Cherished Love: A love story full of mystery♥✧" is taking applications! It's a really easy game, so join!

~ "Westeros and Essos 1000 Downloads" contest needs participants! It's easy to enter, just download the world and take screenshots!

~ "SimCiv Challenge & Prizes" has participants, but if you want easy prizes join along! It's on tumblr though!
    SimCiv Challenge & Prizes // Hosted by Aeslabelle // Ends when final family of the challenge is discovered
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Another update for today! Most likely the last one.

Past Update

Update:

Ended/Results:
    Edit: Her name was censored! O_O

~ "Who Wore it Better?" has revealed who is staying and who is going home! Ashley kay may and mcsnjb no longer where it best! Sorry to see you go. D:

New:

~ We have anotherrrr contest! This one is super awesome! You make Alice from Alice Returns! :mrgreen:
    Find Alice, Simmers. Find her! // Hosted by Shannen // Ends June 18th

Reminders:

~ "♦♦The Sims Survivor: Ziwa-Bonde!♦♦" needs the teams to finish the second challenge. Get it done!

~ "Romeo and Juliet – A reality dating game" still needs a few people to turn in the challenge! Hurry up and make your breakfast for Romeo!

~ "South Park CAS Contest" is due on the 10th! Get those sims in!

~ "✧♥Cherished Love: A love story full of mystery♥✧" is taking applications! It's a really easy game, so join!

• Options
    anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    edited June 2014
    You're completely welcome! I know people would like to enter, but they get a bit scatterbrained and forget that some of these contests are out there. Even though we have this directory, I don't think many remember to check back for "what's next on my to do list?" Sometimes the only way to get interest is just to keep bumping, even if we don't like it. I'll gladly bump it for you now and then though! I'm sure more people will enter soon. We usually get a lot of last minute entries, me being one of the many.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and let us know what you think! It does feel like we're all alone, but I'm glad to know people read it at least.

It's my pleasure, and thank you for the bumps :). As for getting a bit more interest... here's hopin! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I have been very busy with RL and also went to London yesterday so had no time to update as I got back a 1:30am this morning! :shock:

Update:

Ended/Results:

- "HUGE drawing contest with MAJOR expansion pack prizes" we are still waiting in on the results so please be patient! :twisted:

- "♥A Win for A Win Lottery♥" has it's winners! Congratulations Oliwiaz, KleineMuff, and aprlm! :mrgreen:

- "♥♥♥ Hidden Springs Summer Getaway Lottery ♥♥♥" has it's winner! Congratulations Illtan! Enjoy your new world! :thumbup:

New:

- "JUNE FLASH MOB 2014" honoree has been announced! The Honoree is... JediAriel! :D

Reminders:

- "Lottery for All - A Letter of Thanks!" Is hosted by YellowJane & XxHannelorexX. It ends June 14th and all you have to do is write a letter of thanks to someone on the community and then you're entered! :-P

- All other threads are on as normal! :-)

Past Update
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Just so everyone knows: Even though I haven't posted updates like usual, I am still updating the main contests area.

For now, we have a new mafia (for those of you who didn't know), but sign ups are obviously closed. Lurk if you want!

We also have a new contest from Skymyst! :D
    Myst Building & Trust: CAS (Create-A-Sim) The Great Manhunt XML // Hosted by Skymst // Ends June 30th

Other than a few of the games updating themselves and finishing a few challenges/nominations, that is it. Have a great day!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Nothing new to update on! :(

Just take a look at the update from 09/06/14 if you missed it last time :)
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for adding in the lotto I'm hosting here :D it's nice to see my and Hannelore's names up there :mrgreen: ~YJ~
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    YellowJane wrote:
    Thanks for adding in the lotto I'm hosting here :D it's nice to see my and Hannelore's names up there :mrgreen: ~YJ~
    You're very welcome YellowJane! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ritaroxy12 wrote:
    Nothing new to update on! :(

Just take a look at the update from 09/06/14 if you missed it last time :)

Same update as above ^^^ :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Just so everyone knows:

~ "Mafia Game" ended forever ago but I didn't know because Katie didn't change the name of the thread. :lol:Town wins!

~ "Middle Earth Mafia" has ended and Mafia won! It's about time they won. Town is just too good at this. :lol:

~ "Well Ive a sim challenge you" has revealed the winners!

~ "South Park CAS Contest" has also revealed the winners!

~ "The Bakery Themed Build Contest (^-^)" also revealed the winners a few days back! Quite a few that ended recently. Congrats to everyone who has won!

~ "Famous People - CAS Look a like contest" ended on the 14th, so it's now marked as closed for judging.

~ "CAS couples contest" has had an extension and now ends on the 21st!

~ "✧♥Cherished Love: A love story full of mystery♥✧" will be closing applications today. If you want to play the easy game, enter now!

~ New mafia game! This time it's zombie based!
    (Taking Applications)Zombie Mafia // Hosted by Peachy1102 // Ongoing

A nice quick update. xD The usual updates will be back soon.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Got an update for you all! :mrgreen:

Update:

Ended/Results:

- "HUGE drawing contest with MAJOR expansion pack prizes" we are still waiting in on the results so please be patient! :twisted:

- "Lottery for All - A Letter of Thanks!" has closed and results are up! Congratulations to guanahanii83, AnnitaEatsYa & me! :D

New:

- "CHAT THREAD *For all things nerdy; everyone welcome*" :thumbup:

Reminders:

- All other threads are on as normal! :-)

Past Update
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited June 2014
    Just giving this a little bump, It really should be on the first page. :wink:
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    edited June 2014
    Why isn't this a sticky?
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    Shannen wrote:
    Why isn't this a sticky?

likely becouse getting a thread sticky is hard... getting 1 in GG even harder, it took years to get the landing pad and the birthday thread stickied
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    info I got results up on hunt 3... and a trying to located my winners (+ a few still missing from earlier hunts)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳