Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random roommates keep showing up!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    @CravenLestat
    I have late night but all the apartments are 30x30 or bigger and its tough to find a space for them. :(
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    @luvalphvle this happened to me after I dismissed all of my room mates. The only way to stop having new ones show up, is to use the phone>real-estate>roommate services>disable services. Telling them in person only dismisses them, and opens their spot for a new roommate. You have to use your phone to cancel the service.
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I had the roommate issue a few months back, luckily it is a very easy fix and I second that I hope nobody ever deleted a town over this issue!

Unfortunately, this issue is common, can be fixed easily using the smartphone just like @igazor explained, yet a lot of people are still posting to delete the town/save or, worst, to perform a clean uninstall in order to fix it...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    nsdafinansdafina Posts: 1 New Member
    you don't have to move or delete your town. just use the phone go to "real estate" then "roommate service" and finally "disabled services". done ;)
  • Options
    shantipoetshantipoet Posts: 4 New Member
    I wasn't able to find "roommate services" after I had the same problem, with a wife who had been a roommate. Random roommates kept showing up, even after the family moved to a new home. Finally, I solved the problem through using the "move" option. It brings up a window where it asks you if you want to remove all the roommates, and I checked "yes." Then instead of picking a new house, I canceled the action. Mysterious, this ended up solving my problem, and the fold-out bed in the living room was no longer occupied.
  • Options
    enm1993enm1993 Posts: 1 New Member
    Click on your cell phone and choose Real Estate and Travel Services. Then Roommate Services and Disable Roommate Services. You can also set a max number of roommates and roommate type from here.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2017, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top