Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

aMAYzing Homemade Gift Exchange ~ GIFTING NOW OPEN ~ YAY!!!!! : )

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited April 2014
    Letters! Letters! We'd like to see more!
    Writing them should be fun & NOT a chore
    There IS still plenty of time to participate
    SIX (6) days to get in letters before its too late

Soon Buddy names (carefully matched by our very own Tanu) will be sent via email
    Gather gifting ideas - ALL will be great as there is no win, lose or even fail
    Your Buddy will LOVE what you have made and posted to this thread here
    Everyone will ooh & aah, grab one for their own game, ALL will give a BIG cheer!

• Options
    mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi guys, I would love to join in with this, but I know I will miss the last check in. My birthday is the 13th my Wedding Anniversary the 15th and my husband's birthday is the 18th, I also have family birthdays on the 19th and 23rd as well. As you can imagine everything is a little hectic for me in May. I will definitely be able to get my gift done, but I probably won't be able to get on to post it until the 20th or 21st. Would this be ok? Lots of love and hugs. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    mcsnjb wrote:
    Hi guys, I would love to join in with this, but I know I will miss the last check in. My birthday is the 13th my Wedding Anniversary the 15th and my husband's birthday is the 18th, I also have family birthdays on the 19th and 23rd as well. As you can imagine everything is a little hectic for me in May. I will definitely be able to get my gift done, but I probably won't be able to get on to post it until the 20th or 21st. Would this be ok? Lots of love and hugs. :)

*waves* Hi, MCS!!

Welcome, welcome. GLAD you can join us! We have a few who have already mentioned in advance that they will miss a check-in or will need to do it via email, so your missing the 3rd isn't a problem BECAUSE we know in advance to expect it and I have a running spreadsheet behind-the-scenes where there are notes to keep track of stuff like this. No worries there. As long as one check-in is the only one that is going to be missed, then we're fine with it.

The reason we slightly tweaked the rules from thew holiday one are:
    1) working in a shorter time-frame from start to finish
    2) we want to be sure that all who are taking a part of this are actively doing so. With the last exchange, we had at least one person who signed up and then never returned (I can speak from experience, one was the person I was given as my Buddy, so my build ended up being a thread gift to all) and a few who didn't gift their people (including the person I previously mentioned - so behind-the-scenes we did our magic and ensured that all gifts were covered)

While it is true that this is voluntary and loads of fun, things can/do happen at the last-minute to upset one's carefully laid-out plans, but.... I am a firm believer in that if you sign up to participate, then you do your best to fulfill your end of the "bargain" or at the very least, contact the organizers and let us know more than a day or so before gift drop begins. Not trying to be mean or unfriendly, but while we ensure ALL get a homemade gift it should not be left to us (organizers) to make the gift for so-and-so unless all other avenues have been explored.

Yuck. This went negative fairly quickly. NOT my intention at all.

Anyway, your gifting will be at the tail-end of the period and isn't a problem since we know in advance and can let your person know as time nears the end that their gift is still on its way and that they hadn't been overlooked at all.

Please DO prepare your letter! :D
    Have fun reading over each one because if you're like me, you're getting ideas for future projects as well as learning more about the people here 8)

Because with each exchange, we...
    [img]http://blocs.xtec.cat/englishblogelbosc/files/2012/09/welcome-back-to-school-201211.png "width-350"[/img]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I love the pic AD. I don't find your post negative at all, it is all completely understandable. I agree that if you sign up to do something where someone is relying on your participation then you should definitely fulfil your end of the bargain. :)

I will definitely get it done in time, I will have it done before the 12th of May. I will try my best to get on here and post that it is all finished on that check-in or it maybe a day or two beforehand. Of course if I get a quite second in between all of the celebrations I will put it up as close to the opening of the gifting stage as possible. :)

I will pull a letter together now, and I will go through the other letters in a little bit. :) Lots of love and hugs. :)

Thank you so much to you and Tanu for organising this, and if you need any help with anything I am here for you. Of course, if after the gifting period has ended you are left with people who have not received a gift, I will be more than happy to jump in and create more. :)

Lots of love and hugs. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Form~
    Username: mcsnjb
    Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs I have installed: All of them

I have the following Store Content: I have quite a lot of store content, but I am missing quite a few of the venues. (Missing: Boardwalk, Grandpa's Grove, Gothique Library, Grim's Manor, the Toy Shop, Duke's Faire and Olympian Physique). Beyond items from those places feel free to use anything. If I don't have it I will do my best to get it. :)

I have the following Worlds:
    All of them accept Midnight Hollow and Roaring Heights.

Some of my favorite Colors are: My favourite colour is blue. I like the the things in my game to be colourful, so long as the colours look good together, I don't mind whether they are pastels or vibrant. Whatever you think looks best for what you are going for.

I really don't like this Color: I don't like brown, especially not on clothes. I don't mind beige or tan, just not shades like chocolate brown or darker.

I love to use this set: I tend to love having my sims cooking, it is usually a big part of my sim's life lol. With that in mind I love using the PC items like the deep fat fryer, ice cream maker, wood oven and now the bakers station. As regards décor, I am always playing different kinds of houses so I am constantly mixing and matching lol.

I play mostly in this world: Usually I play with Sunset Valley, however, I spend time in all of them. It depends on what kind of story I am creating. Recently I have been enjoying Isla Paradiso and Appaloosa Plains. :)

I enjoy this style of build the most: I really couldn't answer this, I like playing in all kinds of houses. I do like my houses to have a lived in feeling, so lots of clutter. :) I don't tend to create many community lots, and I am sure my sims are desperate for new places to hang out and spend there hard earned simoleons. :)

I really don't want this in my game: I run a CC and mod free game, (but cheats like motherlode and MOO are a builder's best friend). Beyond these I don't think there is anything I wouldn't want in my game. :)

I would like lots of the following sizes: EA sized lots, preferably ones that I wouldn't have to place myself, ones where I could just place the lot in my game without too much fuss. Big, small and anything in between are great. :)

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc.: I have no objections to these, I don't currently have any berry sims in my game, so they would probably stick out a bit.

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household: Really, a house just isn't a home without pets. I love everything from horses to turtles. However, one or two animals is fine, I think an entire zoo in one house would be a bit much to handle. :)

Other~ Not sure I can think of anything else at the moment, I just enjoy seeing other people's creativity. At the end of the day, if you look at what you have created and love it, then I am bound to love it even more. :) Lots of love and hugs. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    mcsnjb wrote:
    I love the pic AD. I don't find your post negative at all, it is all completely understandable. I agree that if you sign up to do something where someone is relying on your participation then you should definitely fulfil your end of the bargain. :)

Thanks for being so understanding.
    mcsnjb wrote:
    I will definitely get it done in time, I will have it done before the 12th of May. I will try my best to get on here and post that it is all finished on that check-in or it maybe a day or two beforehand. Of course if I get a quite second in between all of the celebrations I will put it up as close to the opening of the gifting stage as possible. :)

If needing to check-in a day or three early is fine, just make sure you mention check-in number whatever-it-is as it will tremendously help me stay on top of this bit!
    mcsnjb wrote:
    I will pull a letter together now, and I will go through the other letters in a little bit. :) Lots of love and hugs. :)

LOVE how you worded things in your letter!
    {BIG hugs} filled with <3 and friendship are quickly returned
    mcsnjb wrote:
    Thank you so much to you and Tanu for organising this, and if you need any help with anything I am here for you. Of course, if after the gifting period has ended you are left with people who have not received a gift, I will be more than happy to jump in and create more. :)

Lots of love and hugs. :)

[img]https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4448342272/h2E8B80BE/ "width=350"[/img]

Tanu got the ball rolling by asking if I wanted to do another one, my reply was "I will if you will" meaning I made sure she was a go before I said, "Yes!!!" Of course, we all know my answer would be yes... but that's beside the point. :lol:

How kind of you to offer! Will definitely keep your name in the mix for someone to ask should we need to make stuff.
    Thank YOU :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    No worries hun. :) Glad that you like the way I put my letter. I'm always happy to help in any way that I can. :) Lots of love and hugs. :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yay! Another letter! And I love the stick figures! Too cute.
  • Options
    CSIMSIECSIMSIE Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited April 2014
    So exciteeed! My first time doing one of these! :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    edited April 2014
    The picture that you posted of the children is great! ADWilson :) It captures life so well. Thanks very much for posting and sharing it with us all :)
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited April 2014
    Would it be ok if I joined in? I had a lot of fun doing this last time!

Username: Mystik1978

Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs I have installed:

X-Pacs: Base Game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Katy Perry Showtime, Island Paradise - Also Generations, Supernatural, Pets and Seasons (All were gifts from my friend who no longer played the game on Xmas; but keys was already used). Only two I lack is University Life and Into the Future.

Stuff Packs: High End, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Outdoor Living

I have the following Store Content: I have a lot of it! Rather than typing it all up, use whatever you want and if I don't have it I will add it to my get ASAP list.

I have the following Worlds: Dragon Valley, Aurora Skies, Riverview, Monte Vista, Sunlit Tides & Barnacle Bay

Some of my favorite Colors are: PURPLE and Black!

I really don't like this Color: Orange

I love to use this set: Anything with the fantasy theme!

I play mostly in this world: Dragon Valley - I LOVE LOVE LOVE this world. Though I do play from time to time in other worlds.

I enjoy this style of build the most: Builds that fit well in the Dragon Valley/Fantasy theme. Cottages, Storybooke Styles, Victorian's

I really don't want this in my game: I do not dislike much. So make something you like and enjoy making.

I would like lots of the following sizes: Anything you want!

I enjoy enjoy berry, occult sims, etc. - Of course I love Berry/Occult Sims - just look at my Avatar, I am like Katy Perry I love crazy hair colors!

I would enjoy pets in the household - Oh I would I don't have many and have not played with this pack very much since I got it this past Xmas.

Other~ - I would like you to not stress! I know how it can be getting someone who's wants and like scare you so please make whatever you feel the most comfortable with. I love Sims with bios, gives me an idea of things to do with them in my game.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Mystik1978 wrote:
    Would it be ok if I joined in? I had a lot of fun doing this last time!

Of course it would be okay for you to join in! No need to ask permission.

GLAD you saw our "advertisement" (Hope we're not page post spamming too much!) and sent in your "resume" (Sounds like your Dragon Valley is a fun place to be!). Soon it will be time to make the "decisions" (Tanu is a WHIZ at pairing Buddies!) and then the "real work" (Dream, Create, Share!) can begin :lol::lol::lol:

I agree!! These gift exchanges are very enjoyable.

[img]http://img1.123tagged.com/en/welcomeback/18.jpg "width=150"[/img]
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited April 2014
    morning-328.gif

Love seeing two more letters! Welcome Mcsnjb and Mystik! So happy to have you guys!! :D

Only 5 more days left to get those letters in so if you know anyone who still wants to join let them know it's getting close to crunch time! 8)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    tanubanue wrote:
    Only 5 more days left to get those letters in so if you know anyone who still wants to join let them know it's getting close to crunch time! 8)

I thought I heard someone say, its almost...
    [img]http://tech4tanzania.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/crunch-time.jpg "width=250"[/img]

The 14th is when letters must be done
    Then you find out who your Buddy is, Oh what fun!
    Read their letter to get an idea of what to create
    Relax, Have Fun, YOUR gift is going to be Great!!
  • Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited April 2014
    This-Should-Be-On-The-First-Page Bump! :mrgreen:
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hm.. let's do this again, shall we!?
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited April 2014
    Form~
    Username: thesims3boy (call me Harry)

sims3Logo_small.pngep1Logo_small.pngep2_icon.pngep3_icon.pngep4_icon.pngep5_icon.pngep6_icon_211294.pngep7_icon_2212345.pngep8_icon_2212348.pngep9_icon_9999sdfjdkjsddfg2212348.pngep10_icon_37104274.pngep11_icon_234212345.pngsp1Logo_small.pngsp2_icon.pngsp3_icon.pngsp4_icon.pngsp5_icon_784196320.pngsp7_icon_68e993bc823b93cac2a994b35673b108.pngsp9_icon_87987778.png

I have the following Store Content:

I will not include individual items! Too many of those, and it will take hours to put them in a list!

Sets:

Year of the Dragon
    Futureshock Bedroom
    Futureshock Kitchen (got it for 15 points! Outrageous, right?!)
    Forest Bedroom
    Farm Fresh Folks
    Business as Usual Bistro
    Panda & Friends
    Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts
    The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire
    Double Down Poker and Roulette Bundle
    Country Livin'
    Buccaneer's Bounty
    Storybook Bathroom Set
    Deliciously Indulgent Bakery
    Full Ultra Lounge Set
    Contemporary Comfort Bedroom
    Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining

PC Items:

Uber Sani-Sim Toilet
    Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (aka The Cow Plant)
    Surf’s Up Sun & Fun Wave Station
    The Not So Routine Machine
    Rim Rockin’ Basketball Hoop
    The Hypnotizer
    Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill
    Solace Snugabunny Deluxe Baby Swing
    Sharper Sim’s Super Sleeper
    Warbling Wind Chimes
    Frost-Bite Pro Ice Cream Machine
    Sharper Sim Foot Massage Chair
    Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells
    Classic Gumball Machine

farmervalley_icon.pngbarnaclebay_v2_icon.pngsunlit_tides_all_wrapper_icon.pnghiddenspringsdd_set_icon.pngauroraskies_all_wrapper_icon.pngmidnighthollow_all_icon.png

Some of my favorite Colors are:

I have no favorite colors! If you can make brown look good, then I'll like it!

I really don't like this Color:

Don't have a least favorite, either! ;)

I love to use this set:

Futureshock
    Ultra Lounge

(You can use anything in my list, though!)

I play mostly in this world:

Sunset Valley/Isla Paradiso

I enjoy this style of build the most:

Modern/Modern Beach
    Futuristic

I really don't want this in my game:

Pets and occults. Nothing fantasy please!

I would like lots of the following sizes:

I love huge houses on huge lots!

I don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc.

I would not enjoy pets in the household

Other~ TBD
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    fission63fission63 Posts: 267 Member
    edited April 2014
    Username: fission63

Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs I have installed: All

I have the following Store Content: I own 95% of the store stuff, anything I don’t have I am happy to purchase.

I have the following Worlds: All

Some of my favorite Colors are: Green Gold Black and White

I really don't like this Color: Pink is probably my least fav colour

I love to use this set: Anything if it works in the build

I play mostly in this world: Sunlit Tides, Isla Paradiso and Lunar Lakes

I enjoy this style of build the most: Anything really

I really don't want this in my game: CC

I would like lots of the following sizes: No Larger than 40/40

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc: I don’t like the werewolves or mermaids but would love a Plantsim, I mostly play with humans.

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household: No pets please

Other: I love remodels of existing lots – I have only just started saving mine as they sometimes take as long to tweak as building from scratch. I would love a remodel as a gift.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yay! Welcome Harry ~ Was beginning to wonder if you were coming. :lol:

Fission ~ So very nice to meet you! I hope you have fun! :D
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    edited April 2014
    *steals Harry's icons*

Username: SummerFalls (call me Joel!)

sims3Logo_small.pngep1Logo_small.pngep2_icon.pngep3_icon.pngep4_icon.pngep5_icon.pngep6_icon_211294.pngep7_icon_2212345.pngep8_icon_2212348.pngep9_icon_9999sdfjdkjsddfg2212348.pngep10_icon_37104274.pngep11_icon_234212345.pngsp1Logo_small.pngsp4_icon.pngsp5_icon_784196320.pngsp6_icon_784196321.pngsp7_icon_68e993bc823b93cac2a994b35673b108.png

I have the following Store Content: I own all the registration rewards so they aren't included in here.

SETS
    Old Town
    Once Upon a Time Cottage
    Ragtime in the Big Easy
    Plants vs Zombies Fan Pack
    Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes
    Let there be Sims!
    Top o the Tots Hairstyles and Headwear
    Year of the Tiger
    Year of the Dragon
    Welcome Back to Three Lakes Set
    Weba Yayfoo!
    Storybook Dining Room Set
    Storybook Living Room Set
    Storybook Bedroom Set
    Storybook Bathroom Set
    The Sims Strike Back
    Faire Folk Attire
    Faire Folk Slumber
    Faire Folk Den
    Fresh Farm Folk Set
    Everyday Teens Collection
    Explorers Loot
    Earth Day
    Adrenaline Rush
    Championship Dreams
    In the Dawn of Sims
    Killer Classics
    Kalliopi's Gifts
    Happy St Patricks Day
    Happy Valentines Day 2014
    Happy Valentines Day 2012
    Happily Ever After
    Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles

VENUES
    Prism Art Studio

COMPLIATIONS
    Fun for Kids of All Ages
    January 2013
    Make a Wish

farmervalley_icon.pnghiddenspringsdd_set_icon.png

Some of my favorite Colors are:
    ALL but Orange.

I really don't like this Color:
    Yellow & Purple when they're together.

I love to use this set:
    I mostly use the fantasy sets like Faire Folk Slumber or Once Upon a Time Cottage! But I also do use stuff from modern luxury sets also!

I play mostly in this world:
    Moonlight Falls

I enjoy this style of build the most:
    I love Mid-Century Modern builds! I also enjoy modern modern, victorian and fantasy houses & community lots as well.

I really don't want this in my game:
    Dogs & Cats.

I would like lots of the following sizes:
    Anything 40x40 and under!

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc.:
    I'd love to have some berry sims, and occult sims would be lovely for my creative legacy due to the fact that I need witch battles to happen! Although any type of occult sim will do fine :D

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household:
    If it's a horse then I'm okay with it!

Other~ (Describe here anything that you would really like.)
    I'd like anything you could make me! Make me recolours, lots, sims, households, horses, patterns! Suprise me! :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    [img]http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/Miscellaneous/Good Morning/good-morning-9a.jpg "width=350"[/img]
    Whether your morning drink is coffee, hot chocolate, or tea

[img]http://www.paleobreakfastrecipe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/BreakfastBuffetRecipes.jpg "width=350"[/img]
    There's plenty of choices, all are quite yummy!

[img]http://annewainscott.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/writing_a_letter.jpg "width=350"[/img]
    Continue working on those letters and sending them in

[img]http://www.jadekerrion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/gifts.jpg "width=350"[/img]
    Creating then sharing, game goodies for all - What a WIN!!
  • Options
    CSIMSIECSIMSIE Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yay! Joel and Harry are here!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm up for some of that colourful, fruity breakfast. Yum yum. :) Lots of love and hugs. :)
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited April 2014
    ADWilson wrote:
    Whether your morning drink is coffee, hot chocolate, or tea

You mean it's considered acceptable to drink hot chocolate in the morning? :shock:

YAY!

I know what I'll be having with my breakfast tomorrow :wink: Sugar hit before my uni classes start :P

Wishing you all a lovely day :)