Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simkyoto, Japan.... Released! Post pics and share your sim families! :)

Comments

• Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited April 2014
    So there's a couple things I can fix, and some that I can't.

Like that silly ghost lot. Can't find it ;_;

Testing20_zps3825a280.jpg
    And boats love to get trapped in those tiny waterways (as in pic above shows) that lead to the cannals. I just have to do testing cheats enabled in order to reset the sim and delete the boat. I used the sim routing terrain paint there, so sims wouldn't route... but alas, they ignore and carry on with their dumb sim lives getting stuck and angry.

Otherwise routing is fine. Few little things I forgot to add on some lots so I'll be working on that today and tomorrow.

I also decided I might just build a small World Adventures base camp somwhere between the long treck to the Miyagi's Dojo and town. We'll see... Though I never want to build another asian inspired architecture again. xD You get tired of it eventually, but I did want the theme to flow through my neighborhood. So what can ya do?

That's it for now, here's some more testing pics for funzies.

Testing23_zps90c14bfb.jpg

Testing21_zps3bf18fde.jpg

Testing19_zps7a2891c8.jpg

Testing22_zpsb752eb91.jpg

Testing24_zpsd6cb0ab0.jpg
    (Probably my all time favorite build in the game. The interior is extremely girly! xD)
  • Options
    moefymoefy Posts: 251 Member
    edited April 2014
    hello this is so beautiful you are great hugs:)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Released...

Enjoy!
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2014
    Oils this is such a beautiful world with so many wonderful detail builds . :D
    xox Folly
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited April 2014
    Congrats on posting your world :D
    I'm missing a few PC store items but I'm sure I'll enjoy spending time there.
    Is this release your beta testing?
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you so much Folly :] Good to hear from you hun!

And hello Stella! No this is the real release. However, if you do find problems that you can not fix yourself, please let me know and I'll do my best to take down information and maybe in the future, re-release with other expansions.

I'll be updating the front page with sim families I've made for Simkyoto. They don't really have back stories, just quickly making them so my world is filled with pre-mades instead of random computer generated ones... They don't quite fit the town, ya know? xD

• Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited April 2014
    This was a very pleasant surprise, but I am a little disappointed that no one told
    me that this was back on the map so to speak. Anyway, I am def going to download
    and do some serious play testing :D It is beautiful, and I am so happy that you were
    finally able to finish it :] Love it! Congratulations!

I hope you do manage to upload it to the exchange as well, I think I can smell
    a feature (and it would be extremely well deserved) coming your way ;)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2014
    Excellent O - downloading now - will check it out after dinner.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited April 2014
    ELIROC wrote:
    I LOVE it already!!!

I love specially the market place and the terraces. I never saw a world with terraces, they look amazing!
    The houses looks very japanese - beautiful!!

Cant wait to see more!! :)

Question: No CC, right? You must have written it somewhere, but... honestly? I didn't check :oops:

Correct. There is no CC. I did a clean install with just the expansions and content used for this world. Nothing else was added. Just what is listed on the front page :)

Great! I'll download it and recommend, of course! :thumbup:

Many thanks for creating this beautiful world!!! :D

Edit: As you see on my pic profile, I have a japanese sim who can't wait to live there!! :wink:
  • Options
    simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yay, it's here :D It's so incredibly beautiful. Excellent job; you can really tell how much work and attention to detail you put into this. I'm so impressed! I've never downloaded anything from the exchange, but I want to add this world to my game.
  • Options
    Amerikajin42Amerikajin42 Posts: 123 Member
    edited April 2014
    Oh. So do you still need Japanese sims or no? Because if you will still take them I have two I am about ready to upload. They are not households though.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2014
    What a beautiful world Oil! Looks gorgeous! WOW! Great job! :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited April 2014
    This is such a beautiful, detailed, and coherent world. Thank you so much for sharing it with us! I really, really looking forward to sending my sims on vacation here with Traveler :-)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Oh. So do you still need Japanese sims or no? Because if you will still take them I have two I am about ready to upload. They are not households though.

Oh! I still want people to share their sims. :) so yes please share them!!

As for everyone, I'd love to see some pictures of your sims and how you're using the neighborhood :D

Thank you everyone for downloading the world. I know it's off media fire, because my launcher refuses to share my builds or world, STILL. It gets irritating :/ oh well.

I'm actually planning a new project. Super stoked to start it up and share it with you. Mr. Crumplebottom started this project a long time ago and it was never completed, so I decided to make the same type of world instead of waiting for it :D

That's it for now! Thank you again ^_^

• Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited April 2014
    This looks fantastic! Great job making it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Why thank you!! :) very happy you like it!
  • Options
    PoppedBubbleGuyPoppedBubbleGuy Posts: 177 Member
    edited April 2014
    This is awesome! (^-^) I can't wait to read stories about it! I really need to jump on the store bandwagon!
    We were born sick, you heard them say it.-Hozier
  • Options
    KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    edited April 2014
    This world look so nice,and I want to try it! I am just back after a long breake from the sims,and I have reinstalled everything.This is the world I want to start playing Sims again,something new...;-) Gues it is not Populated..? Then I will try to make some new Asian sims... :P Good work Oilbase ! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    Amerikajin42Amerikajin42 Posts: 123 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hey Oilbasedoleander! I've been trying to upload those two sims I mentioned for days now, but the dang launcher won't let me upload them! I'll keep on trying to upload them but I just wanted to let you know. Also, I downloaded your world and I must say, it is outstanding! The buildings you've crafted are stellar and the surrounding landscape is just as amazing. Oh and also, thank you for being the first (that I know of) to create a Japanese inspired world for the sims 3. I love your world so much! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I started a new game in Simkyoto and it really is amazing!
    I love it so much, everything looks great and the japanese theme
    has been captured extremely well :] I have also added a few of my
    own houses (modern and traditional) and they blend in beautifully!

Thanks for creating this world Oiled! I will report back to you if I
    encounter any problems, but so far I haven't noticed anything.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I found it a bit hard to access the hospital at first because my sim refused
    to use one of the three elevators that you have placed on that lot.

The solution was to simply remove the elevator in the middle.
    Having three in a row obviously caused some sort of routing issue.
    I also had to use a cheat in order to be able to change anything on
    the lot because it was "locked". Ah and one more thing, but this is
    not a big deal, just something I noticed. The "Dark and Modern" lot
    has three mailboxes :P Don't know why that is but it was easily fixed :]
  • Options
    KayasurinKayasurin Posts: 107 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Oilbasedoleander, by "Custom Content Free" you mean no mods, right?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Manssom wrote:
    I found it a bit hard to access the hospital at first because my sim refused
    to use one of the three elevators that you have placed on that lot.

The solution was to simply remove the elevator in the middle.
    Having three in a row obviously caused some sort of routing issue.
    I also had to use a cheat in order to be able to change anything on
    the lot because it was "locked". Ah and one more thing, but this is
    not a big deal, just something I noticed. The "Dark and Modern" lot
    has three mailboxes :P Don't know why that is but it was easily fixed :]

Ugh, I hate when the game spawns multiple objects. It does that with my bunk beds and spawners. I have to go through and delete them. One time I had 30 spawners on top of each other. >_< Really? 30? *sigh*

And sorry about the locked lot! I didn't know it was :O I mean luckily there is a cheat to unlock it but eek, sorry. :/

But I'm glad you're playing! I'm going through some computer issues right now, trying to partition my hard drive a little larger because I'm running out of room on my PC side. I might go back and make some changes to the world and add more lots and upload them for everyone. Also sims! I need to make sims!

<3

Thank you Manssom! So good to hear from ya hun! *hugs*
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Kayasurin wrote:
    Oilbasedoleander, by "Custom Content Free" you mean no mods, right?

I didn't/don't use mods in my game.
    So yes.
    And no Patterns/Third Party Custom Content (such as objects not created by EA, but by modders).
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *wave* Hope everyone here in CAW is doing well :] Just a small bump, went on vacation for a while and I'm back so yay! Can't wait to start working on my new world, but just give this one some love since it was my first haha!

<3