Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simkyoto, Japan.... Released! Post pics and share your sim families! :)

Comments

• Options
    itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited April 2014
    Deleted - double post. Sorry :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2014
    JUst gorgeous and soooo peaceful and restful looking. I want to go there. The heck with my sims.... hehehe

Can't wait to see the finished product.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited April 2014
    Oh, oh, Oiled - I must have missed this thread when you had resurrected Simkyoto earlier. I remember being very excited about this world last year and it looks lovelier than ever. I am so happy that you were able to recover your work! Bookmarking now. Good luck! I could easily see this being one of my favorites and it is so different. :thumbup:
  • Options
    SISTERWOLFSISTERWOLF Posts: 149 Member
    edited April 2014
    This world looks Amazing!!! :shock: I have my Kimonos packed and ready to move!! 8)
  • Options
    simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    edited April 2014
    Oh. My. Gosh. That is absolutely beautiful :shock:

I especially love your outdoor marketplace with the gazebo and the coverings from Island Paradise. It's so pretty!

I've never been keen on downloading anything from the exchange before, but I'm bookmarking this thread and might be changing my tune when it's available. Beautiful work, Oilbasedoleander. :)
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited April 2014
    :oops: :oops:

You guys are too kind. I'm so happy! Thank you very much for coming in and sharing your lovely thoughts.

90% now. It's coming down the final days before release! I do testing for routing every once 'n a while to make sure sims can reach the community lots in town and don't have problems getting to burried RH's.

I'm so proud of this world! Haha. Everything is CC free, except for terrain paints that were extracted from other worlds and used in mine. I made sure that the builds only came with the items you see on the list in my original post. I highly reccomend you get these items. The game likes to replace them with random decor (I one time had something replaced with two chairs stacked on each other with a lemonaid pitcher and glasses decor ontop... that was strange).

As for a save file... I have no idea how to do that. And I'd love to be able to make the random NPC's (mixoligists ect.) look like they're residents of Simkyoto. Japanese with modern clothes or the garments from China or the store set.

Also, If you'd like to make sims for my world, or already have a family in mind uploaded and want to share them in my thread, please do so!! :] I need to fill my world up with sim families anyways!

That's it for now, the next time I update will be the world release.

*wave*
    -Oiled
  • Options
    watershore2677watershore2677 Posts: 11
    edited April 2014
    Wow, I am just so amazed with your talent! You reached beyond my expectations for a Japanese Sims 3 world... :-o And a traditional one at that! I'm so excited for this I will be checking this thread until it's release for sure! In the mean time, I'll have to get my hands on A LOT of Sims 3 games I don't have yet! :roll: What a hassle, but it's so worth it! Thank you so much for all your work and time going into this world! It's sure to make so many people's Sims game complete!
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited April 2014
    Your world is looking amazing, everything just seems to fit. :D
    I'm looking forward to wandering around Simkyoto, enjoying the atmosphere & sights.
    Are you looking for traditional or modern dressed Sims for your world?
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited April 2014
    I don't usually download worlds as it has caused issues with my game in the past. But I am dying to try this one out! It's just so perfect! You have taken so much time to make sure all the details are perfect! I luv it!!! Can't wait to try it out! Thanks so much for all your hard work! :D
  • Options
    NicoleWasHereNicoleWasHere Posts: 36 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I wish I had all the stuff to play this world, ugh ><; It looks so beautiful!!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2014
    Watching like a hawk for the release. hehehe

I actually downloaded a few sims from other simmers that do Orientals well. So I can't contribute - They are such gorgeous people they do not need me trying to make sims of them and messing them up. But Kiwi Tea over at modthesims on his oriental world had some nice sims, Tammie jo has some beautiful sims in her shipwrecked world that Rflong made her, Azn has some, and Elmawa had some gorgeous Orientals in her Ghin's Crossing World. So I just saved all the families I liked from these worlds, so I have them. I am sure there are others. Did you look in the swap shop at the top of this forum - I haven't looked, but there might be some there.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Your world is looking amazing, everything just seems to fit. :D
    I'm looking forward to wandering around Simkyoto, enjoying the atmosphere & sights.
    Are you looking for traditional or modern dressed Sims for your world?

Both actually. This world is traditional in it's architecture however some house have traditional decor while others have become modernized. It's like the town is trying to hold on to it's roots, but the future is upon them :O

So a mix of both traditional (kimono, hair, slippers) and just normal everyday clothes :]

Thank you for asking I hope you contribute!
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Watching like a hawk for the release. hehehe

I actually downloaded a few sims from other simmers that do Orientals well. So I can't contribute - They are such gorgeous people they do not need me trying to make sims of them and messing them up. But Kiwi Tea over at modthesims on his oriental world had some nice sims, Tammie jo has some beautiful sims in her shipwrecked world that Rflong made her, Azn has some, and Elmawa had some gorgeous Orientals in her Ghin's Crossing World. So I just saved all the families I liked from these worlds, so I have them. I am sure there are others. Did you look in the swap shop at the top of this forum - I haven't looked, but there might be some there.

Thank you so much Reg! :D I'll have to check them out, and download a few myself. I'll also be donating a few families as soon as I find the time to make some!

Also thank you all who also commented! Your support is completely 100% appreciated! Can't wait to give this as a gift to you (my birthday was yesterday ^^; ) and for myself~

<3

-Oiled

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Happy late birthday! :mrgreen:
    I barely got all the required sims 3 store items but I got everything! The only problem now is the other games that need to be installed! I'm low on space so perhaps you could tell me which games will benefit the most? :roll:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi :D

It's looking Amazing! I just Love the whole look of your world. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Happy late birthday! :mrgreen:
    I barely got all the required sims 3 store items but I got everything! The only problem now is the other games that need to be installed! I'm low on space so perhaps you could tell me which games will benefit the most? :roll:

Hmm.. that is a tough question. Mostly because I used quite a bit from each expansion and stuff pack for furnishing homes and community lots. xD

On the front page I listed all community lots I have placed in the world. Even though I used the LN bar in a few builds, I have no community lots from Late Night. The Showtime Venues work just like the LN ones. They become hot spots and everything. So I don't bother building more bars and hang outs than I need.

I suppose I didn't use much for Pets EP, except for an aprtment building I made that has a few pet items. But I didn't include the horse RH or anything else from pets.

Otherwise... >_< I'm not to sure. I know people who lack expansions might have problems playing the worlds on the exchange.

The most important sets I've used are all the asian inspired ones and the new bohemian garden set. Those are definitely important for this world, since the market uses the covering.

...Eek, I'm sorry I wish I was more help~ haha
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    No, no, it's totally cool! I have all expansions up until Island paradise except for university, super natural, and showtime. (Think that's it) And none of the Stuff packs. I have all of the store items and venues listed so do you think that covers most of it? :P
  • Options
    vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    edited April 2014
    Is this world release??
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I updated the first post with what is important to have in the game to run this world and what isn't. Hopefully that helps. I know a lot of folks don't own some expansions, but they might be required in order for it to even load.

Here are some testing photos. I know, I know... I said I wouldn't update until the release but oh well... I got excited and want to show you all a few things!
    Testing02_zps117eb57c.jpg

Testing03_zps8633413d.jpg

Testing05_zpsdf6ea0ff.jpg

Testing07_zpsf86acd27.jpg

Testing08_zps66fc2d13.jpg

Testing10_zps63f7a40b.jpg

Testing09_zpsafd3f4d8.jpg

Testing11_zps9362d4a7.jpg

Testing13_zpsfa9d5027.jpg

Testing14_zpse90dac88.jpg

Testing15_zpsf8da6469.jpg

Testing16_zpse64bf60a.jpg

Testing17_zpsab427649.jpg

Testing18_zps87f7b4d5.jpg

I haven't had any lag with the town. I delete all the spawned horses. They always just get stuck :/ Also, there isn't a lot of ocean in this world. I was building it even before Island Paradise came out... so If you find you are unable to water skii... sorry. This world wasn't intended for IP.

One issue remains... I have a ghost lot.
    Yep, a ghost lot.

It's there during my game... but when I'm in EIG, it's not. No where to be found. I even tried to get rid of it in CAW, and it's not there either. It's out in the ocean, but located past the edge of the map. Probably why... It doesn't effect the game. But it is just.. random.

Oh well. Other then that, testing is going good. Sims can get to burried community lots just fine. I don't see any routing issues really... But they sometimes won't follow path ways. Instead route other peculiar ways. *shrug* Only so much I can do about that.

Hope to have this released in a week or so. :]

-Oiled

• Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited April 2014
    The "ghost lot" your referring to might be in your Global layer.
    If you open your worlds global layer in CAW you'll know for sure.
    I've had 100s of random object pile up there, just at the very edge of map. :?
    You can't delete objects in this layer, only move them to another layer.
    There's a way to replace existing Global layer with empty one.
    Instructions on doing this on MTS CAW forum.
    I don't even know if having object in global layer makes a big difference, beside bloating file size.
    For me personally, I get OCD about all this random inaccessible junk building in the layer. I always know it's there. :(

Edit: Link to Global layer fix at MTS here
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    edited April 2014
    Btw will there be a base camp in this world?
  • Options
    spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited April 2014
    absolutely stunning :mrgreen:
    if it didn't require so many ep's, sp's and premium content i'd definitely be downloading one day. good luck anyways however!
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited April 2014
    I LOVE it already!!!

I love specially the market place and the terraces. I never saw a world with terraces, they look amazing!
    The houses looks very japanese - beautiful!!

Cant wait to see more!! :)

Question: No CC, right? You must have written it somewhere, but... honestly? I didn't check :oops:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    vickigoh wrote:
    Btw will there be a base camp in this world?

No base camp. It's a home world. I've left plenty of space and open lots for someone to build one, though. I actually just built this world to my liking and taste... So I may have left a few lots or builds out some people may want. :/ oops!

Kind of my little selfish project xD
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ELIROC wrote:
    I LOVE it already!!!

I love specially the market place and the terraces. I never saw a world with terraces, they look amazing!
    The houses looks very japanese - beautiful!!

Cant wait to see more!! :)

Question: No CC, right? You must have written it somewhere, but... honestly? I didn't check :oops:

Correct. There is no CC. I did a clean install with just the expansions and content used for this world. Nothing else was added. Just what is listed on the front page :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The "ghost lot" your referring to might be in your Global layer.
    If you open your worlds global layer in CAW you'll know for sure.
    I've had 100s of random object pile up there, just at the very edge of map. :?
    You can't delete objects in this layer, only move them to another layer.
    There's a way to replace existing Global layer with empty one.
    Instructions on doing this on MTS CAW forum.
    I don't even know if having object in global layer makes a big difference, beside bloating file size.
    For me personally, I get OCD about all this random inaccessible junk building in the layer. I always know it's there. :(

Edit: Link to Global layer fix at MTS here

Ah thank you for the information!! I'll look over it And see if I can fix it :)