Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simkyoto, Japan.... Released! Post pics and share your sim families! :)

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2014
    Yes there was one last week and another just today I think it was. to 9.4.5- for Origin

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited February 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Yes there was one last week and another just today I think it was. to 9.4.5- for Origin

Ah, does this mean I should redownload CAW? Is the update the reason why I can't export? :/
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't think so as people have been having a time of it for a while now - long before these updates. What I would do is go get advice from Rflong in her thread as she battles Caw a lot and has helped others more than anyone I know lately with that very thing. Juneceda also has a way of dealing with it - but it seems since IP it has been a beast - that version and this version.

I just test worlds - so I am not the one to advise with CAW.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited February 2014
    Very nice buildings so far!
    Nice to see a good use of the pagoda roof ;)
  • Options
    TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited February 2014
    Wow, it looks great, I've always wanted to play a Japanese world, since I'm a bit of a japanophile, I even tried to create one myself a while back :)

Your work looks stunning and I'm looking forward to trying out your game, bookmarking this thread! :)
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you very much guys! :) makes me happy to see your comments of support!

I won't be able to work on new builds until the end of the week, but I'm currently working on a dojo and a few other community lots. I haven't decided whether I want a fire station. I don't care much for it in my game, and don't usually play that career, but I suppose I can make one for when I upload and then just delete it later. There aren't a lot of roads in this game which can be problematic for this career.

We'll see. :)

Hope you l have a great week!
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited March 2014
    wow! The landscaping and terrain looks so lovely. Like a painting. I love what you did with the dragon cave, making a waterfall out of it. :)
  • Options
    azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2014

Testing the boat under bridge...
    Screenshot-77_zpsf8abe521.jpg
    ...it works!

Simkyoto looks fantastic :D I thought boats had the same issue as cars, "not being able to go under bridges" - this is really good to know that boats can, I wish EA could done something like that with the car with bridges.

Fantastic job - can't wait to see the finish project :wink:
  • Options
    PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited March 2014
    Wonderful world, gorgeous scenery, when can I move in :lol:
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm in love <333 I just made a Japanese apartment building & onsen for my game <3 they are nothing compared to your builds! I need this in my life <333 I'll be bookmarking this :mrgreen:
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    aprilsweetumsaprilsweetums Posts: 9
    edited March 2014
    Very beautiful world. I cant wait to play in it! :)
  • Options
    KinseeKinsee Posts: 66 New Member
    edited March 2014
    omg my dream world <3 i've been waiting for a Japan themed world forever. so happy to see it's coming along beautifully . keep up the great work, please i beg you lol
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    *wave* Hello everyone! Thank you very much for commenting I'm so happy to have the support. I've actually been playing a bit more than building, which is nice~ However, I'd like to get back on track again with this world.

Unfortunately, I can't export it to test Simkyoto, it always says "failed" so I'm going to clear everything, do I nice clean install and try again. I'm hoping CC didn't corrupt my files... because I only had one back up and that version didn't work either. ;_;

I'll do my best to work on it more in the future! I've always wanted a world like this too :]

Much love to you all!
  • Options
    denehtdeneht Posts: 119
    edited March 2014
    wow it look soo awsome i really love it :D and the house to are the house can be downloaded cause there soo pretty i love japanese houses XD
  • Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited March 2014
    I hope everything works out for you, Simkyoto looks great and I would love to play it. So many lovely Worlds I have no idea where to start.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Just in case some of you didn't scroll through the huge photo album, I'll post the world over-view so you can see what it looks like in full...

Screenshot-31_zpscc59f4eb.jpg
    Screenshot-32_zpsb7479728.jpg
    Screenshot-30_zps1f1ee578.jpg
    Screenshot-29_zps679e2c68.jpg

There's been quite a bit added though since these pics are older. But that's the lay out. All I need to do is build :]

I have Thursday off, so I'll be working on Simkyoto that day! Definitely my plan :]

Thank you guys so much for stopping in to support me. Helps the process, and makes me feel like I'm going to accomplish it.

• Options
    LeiaNash3LeiaNash3 Posts: 22
    edited March 2014
    beautiful
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    More picture spam, for fun!

Screenshot-3_zpseca827ca.jpg
    Screenshot-4_zpsa87554cf.jpg
    Screenshot_zps0a1f621d.jpg
    Screenshot-2_zpsd0bfa77c.jpg

A 2 bed, 1 bath with nursery home...

Screenshot-6_zps8eeb1926.jpg
    Screenshot-7_zpsb8e0d1de.jpg

Business as Usual Bistro with different landscaping...

Screenshot-5_zps6b7a555a.jpg

And an Art Gallery/Museum...

Screenshot-9_zps2f54259c.jpg
    Screenshot-10_zps62ac005e.jpg

I'm currently working on a gym/karate studio that will be located in the mountains~ Lots of fun :]
  • Options
    ebonwings13ebonwings13 Posts: 254 Member
    edited March 2014
    Oooh, this looks so amazing~~~ I wish I had the EPs and SPs I'd need to run it. I have a goal! XD
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Aw, thank you Hun, I'm glad you like simkyoto :) I update the front page sometimes if I added content but I think I'm pretty much set on what you'll need for the world to function. I tried to limit it actually... Because I own most of the store and all sp's and ep's excluding into the future :O

Also I got simkyoto to export and did some testing, winter pics coming tonight :) the town looks so pretty! Can't wait to show you!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Christmas in Kyoto!
    Couple pics of winter wonderland :]

Night time it starts to snow...
    simkyotobarelywinter_zps66f4c199.jpg
    simkyotobarelywinter2_zpsff07bbef.jpg

Daytime views...
    simkyotowinter03_zps15da9bc0.jpg
    simkyotowinter01_zpsb2709218.jpg
    simkyotowinter02_zpsa780dad0.jpg

Couple of builds with snow on them...
    simkyotowinter04_zps9b486738.jpg
    simkyotowinter05_zpsf25ddc3b.jpg

Town overview...
    simkyotowinter_zps2330e373.jpg

And that's it, hope you enjoy! ;D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Still working~ Made a marketplace. Has book/comic registers, food register and consignment. Don't know how these will work together on one lot, but we'll see when I do another testing day.

Screenshot-50_zps208ddd83.jpg
    Screenshot-49_zpsd35e55c3.jpg
    Screenshot-48_zps631875be.jpg

I probably shouldn't update all the time xD leave some mystery but eh... oh well.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Simkyoto is around 85% complete!

Just a few more houses and one more community lot with burried rabbit holes and that's that. I left quite a few blank lots, some 20x30's (and 30x20's), 40x30's and a 50x50 and 64x64 for those who love large builds. I'm not a huge fan, so I'm not building any large residentials. So I left them for you to do your thing.

I can't believe how far I've come... I want to say this project took me almost a year and a half. It would have been sooner is CAW worked from time to time. xD Also if I only understood that 'Less is More'.

So hopefully this will be released before I leave for vacation in late April. :]

Thank you for all your support and kind words. I do love this world a lot. And I'm excited to finish and start a new project ;D

-Oiled :thumbup:
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm so excited for this world!
  • Options
    itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited April 2014
    Ahhh! It looks so wonderful!

I can't wait until it's finished... hopefully my new computer will be able to handle it at least! :p

... and some new store content will be needed. -sigh-
    SO WORTH IT.