Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ramsey Wishacy - NEW CHAPTER UP! Pg 10 - 5/14/17

Comments

• Options
    sneakysnoosneakysnoo Posts: 468 Member
    edited June 2014
    You did a great job, especially coping with all those random twists! I'll miss Justine:(

I voted for Lynelle.e, for some reason my iPad won't let me comment on your blog!
    28t8n8.jpg
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    is Justine even close to her LTW?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited June 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    is Justine even close to her LTW?

Yep, she just finished it the other day. I have enough pics to do one final chapter (I think). So, I'm kind of refraining from playing until I know the new heir. :D Maybe I'll actually get some cleaning done around here. :lol:
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sneakysnoo wrote:
    You did a great job, especially coping with all those random twists! I'll miss Justine:(

I voted for Lynelle.e, for some reason my iPad won't let me comment on your blog!

:mrgreen: Hmmm...I think you maybe had issues before with the iPad. I just changed it so you don't have to use the capche security thing. Maybe try again? If that doesn't work, then I don't know why. I have it set so anyone can leave a message including anonymous users. :?
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    edited June 2014
    Poor Sophia still has no votes :(
    I have trouble commenting on your blog occasionally as well and I read/comment with my iPad. So maybe it's an iOS device thing?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    CeltyGirly wrote:
    Poor Sophia still has no votes :(
    I have trouble commenting on your blog occasionally as well and I read/comment with my iPad. So maybe it's an iOS device thing?

Yeah, I kind of figured that would happen, though. I knew London would be popular, too. :lol: He is a cutie and the only boy! :lol: When I finished styling Lynelle, I realized she reminds me of Lisa Rinna. She was on Veronica Mars (one of my all-time fav shows). It's SO weird! :shock:

It could be iOS. Not sure as I don't have one. One day, I'll get one....when I'm rich. :lol::lol: Maybe I could borrow my father-in-law's iPad some time and try to get on my blog to see what it looks like. :D
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh, so sorry, everyone! Every time I sit down and try to concentrate, someone needs something. :cry:

However, I FINALLY have the heir vote ready! Yay!

So, just go to Ramsey Wishacy Gen 2 Heir/Heiress Vote

I'm really looking forward to who I will be following based on your votes! Remember, even if you haven't read it or caught up, you can still vote. I've put a little synopsis for each person. So, please do not let that hold you back. Thanks again for all of your votes!

I've been told that the poll on my blog may not work for some, so if you want to vote and can't, please just post who you want in this thread. I am keeping tracking by hand as well (just in case the poll went berserk...lol). Thanks again for voting and helping decide who I will follow next. I love how everyone has been so supportive and active! :mrgreen:
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    ThePartySimThePartySim Posts: 852 Member
    edited June 2014
    I want to vote for London! I couldn't vote on the poll, but I couldn't not vote, you know? I voted for a boy for SneakySnoo's story and my heir is a boy, so I figure, keep the pattern going lol. But seriously, I think its the blue skin thats won me over. Its going to be interesting to write about.
    My stories:
    A Graying World http://agrayingworld.wordpress.com/
    Sim Star Idol http://simstaridol.wordpress.com
    How to Be a Star http://howtobeastarstory.blogspot.com/ [Complete!]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I want to vote for London! I couldn't vote on the poll, but I couldn't not vote, you know? I voted for a boy for SneakySnoo's story and my heir is a boy, so I figure, keep the pattern going lol. But seriously, I think its the blue skin thats won me over. Its going to be interesting to write about.

Added your vote! Thanks! :) Yes, but now you all have me thinking hard about what I'm going to do. It may be a wishacy and led by the heir, but boy, I do have to be creative at times, don't I? LOL! I'm glad everyone likes him, though. It makes me feel warm and gooshy inside. :mrgreen:

Also, I'm almost afraid to tell everyone this, but you can vote more than once, if you so choose. However, it's every 24 hours for each IP address. :wink:
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wishacies seem really hard. I don't know how you do it. I was tempted after the Carter's crashed to do a special legacy and debated a wishacy but it just seemed too difficult X3
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    CeltyGirly wrote:
    Wishacies seem really hard. I don't know how you do it. I was tempted after the Carter's crashed to do a special legacy and debated a wishacy but it just seemed too difficult X3

I actually find it esier.... and more fun... more random.

I do mix it up a bit and don't do 100% wishary my self... but mainly my sims wishes and wants control what they do
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    CeltyGirly wrote:

I think they are supposed to be easy to write. You just write what they do. However, I think I'm just too picky and detailed. :lol: I read SO many amazing stories from everyone and feel silly with mine. So, over time, I guess, I've tried to make it a little more entertaining and dramatic. I mean, the sims definitely can be both, but sometimes they are just dull. I don't want people to stop reading because it got boring, so I spend time trying to make things up. So, the sim still leads the way, I just have to create semi-real stories, too. It isn't like the other wishacies I've read are boring, because they are NOT. I don't know if this makes sense. :?
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Lovestorm I really love how they fit the game... how it is "oh my sims does that to"
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    Lovestorm I really love how they fit the game... how it is "oh my sims does that to"

Thanks, anettesb, you are very kind! :mrgreen:
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    If you haven't had a chance, yet (or even if you already have, you could vote again, if you want), I'd love for you to help me choose the next heir/heiress to follow for my wishacy. You can go to the Ramsey Wishacy Gen 2 Heir/Heiress Vote chapter.

So, I hadn't planned on this, but I got a big chunk of the last chapter (or two) written tonight and I'm super excited about it! So excited in fact, that I'm doing something I've only done ONCE before. I'm releasing ONE picture as a teaser for what is to come. I don't usually like revealing things ahead of time (like the surprise), but I am so excited that I can't help myself! So, here it is... :shock: :mrgreen:

14487185205_5e9714c0da_o.jpg"width=600"

Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    sneakysnoosneakysnoo Posts: 468 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cute sim! Excited to see where this fits in!
    28t8n8.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sneakysnoo wrote:
    Cute sim! Excited to see where this fits in!

Thanks! I am also very excited for you all to see where she fits in. Only 6 days left before we find out who the next heir is! Yay! :mrgreen:
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Wow! I am so surprised at how close London & Lynelle are. :shock: I love them both and will be excited to see who wins! :mrgreen:

Just a side note: I changed the poll's final date from 6/30 to 6/28 as I'll have more time to close it out and get the final chapter up by Sunday evening announcing the winner. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    abbyc97abbyc97 Posts: 1,550 Member
    edited June 2014
    I've been following along your legacy and I love it! Still my favorite chapter to date is the wedding celebration because of the beautiful photos. I started my own sims story and my question to you I show did you build your fan base?

My link is here http://sims3livingwithrachel.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    abbyc97 wrote:
    I've been following along your legacy and I love it! Still my favorite chapter to date is the wedding celebration because of the beautiful photos. I started my own sims story and my question to you I show did you build your fan base?

My link is here http://sims3livingwithrachel.weebly.com

Awe...thanks!!! I loved taking the photos for that chapter! :mrgreen:

There are several ways I've worked to get people to read (I'm not sure I'd say I'm successful as there are MANY other stories who are far better than mine):

:-) - be patient - it takes time to build a fan base (don't be discouraged if it takes awhile for those #'s to rise)

:-) - WRITE FOR YOURSELF - I originally started writing because I wanted a cool history of what has happened in my wishacy. I knew people might read it, but I think it'll be really awesome when I'm done to go back and read through all my generations. Like...super awesome! I can't wait! I still am writing mostly for this, but now that I do have some readers, I also have motivation to not disappoint them. I try to continue to write true to myself. :D

:-) - some people have said they refuse to read a story until AFTER the writer has moved on to the next generation because MANY stories fail before then, so keep that in mind.

:-) - care about those on the thread (biggest one for me because I do care and feel it is important...whether they read my story or not), this could mean MANY things including:
    - read other blogs from other simmers here & comment (do unto others mentality), but not just so they read yours. I cannot TELL YOU how many times I have gotten inspiration or fantastic ideas from the amazing readers from this thread. I learn so much from all of them.

- helping when I can when others have questions (when I first started out, I had questions and appreciated those who helped me).

:-) - Create a thread just for your story and update it when you have a new chapter.
    - I edit the first post in the entire thread & change the title to show what is going on in my story at that moment (IE: Ramsey Wishacy "New Chapter Up - 6/25/14" shows I have a new chapter up on 6/25/14). After I get more pages and maybe more fans commenting on my thread, I may even go as far as "New Chapter Up - 6/25/14 on pg 20" so they don't have to search pages and pages trying to find where chapter update is.

:-) - I created a signature (using bannerfans.com) and make sure when I add it to "My Preferences" (in the forum section above all the threads but below the blue banner at the top, if you aren't sure where it is) signature area to add my blog link to my main page as well. The main page for me is where I want them to go to read what I've written about the challenge I'm writing. I don't know anything about weebly, so you may have to dig around to find out how to do this, if you want. (Like for instance, you may want your readers to start off on the "About" page so everyone knows a little about the characters before they go to the chapter section to start.)

:-) - I have been cultivating friends (not all of my friends, I'd say are ones I know, but those are ones I got long before I started my story) for quite some time now. So, I post on "My Page" that I have a story that I'm working on or I have another chapter up. I also put that I'm writing a story, a little about what it is about and the link in my "About Me" page. Try not to push your story too much. If I remember, I usually say something about once a week. Not right now, though, I have a heir/heiress vote I'm trying to finish. :mrgreen:

:-) - This next item IS just because I'm a perfectionist. I really do try to ignore it, but I have had issues where it was a struggle to continue: spelling/punctuality and over all flow.
    - It's really tough to read a story when there are constant errors in spelling or punctuality. Also, if something doesn't make sense, I'll probably ask because I really do want to understand the story. The way I try (I am in no way saying I'm perfect) to keep it smooth flowing and error-free is I write it, then the next day, I edit. Then, the next day, I edit it again. Sometimes I find sentences that don't make sense or I figure another way to re-write it.

- Now, this is still just me being a perfectionist. Some writers I've read, just write and then post. It's up to you to come up with your own style and way to do it.

- You should also develop your own style of writing and put your own twist on it. That's why I always, always suggest reading other stories because I pull little bits from others and add it to my own way of writing. I'm sure you've noticed at the beginning of my wishacy, I was a little more vague and not as detailed. As time went, I developed the characters (just a little), use a little dialogue, and my picture taking got a bit better (graphics card helped) by seeing how others do it, too. Hope that makes sense. :)

:-) - I also made a blog on Wordpress along with my Blogger account. Originally, it was just so I could comment on those whose stories I read. HOWEVER, I eventually realized that lots of people click on my wordpress name and go to nothing. So, I created a post stating I didn't have my blog/story there, but you could go to my regular blog link and read my story. :)

I don't know if any of this helped, but hopefully it helps a little. :)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    abbyc97abbyc97 Posts: 1,550 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow, thank you sooo much for ALL the advice and taking a look at my story I really appreciate it. All of your tips are very helpful and a big thank you for the one about creating a banner! I wanted to but I had no idea how! And I definently agree that I need to always keep in mind that I should write for myself. So once again, thank you for all the advice, I really really appreciate it!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    1 advice from me

a few stories I tried to start and read, but in the first 2 chaptheres there was atleast 10 people... not really intruduced... half of them mentioned in first pespectiv (I hope thats right for when the carecter tells it)
    no hint of why all these people was there, it was so confusing that I stopped reading.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    1 advice from me

a few stories I tried to start and read, but in the first 2 chaptheres there was atleast 10 people... not really intruduced... half of them mentioned in first pespectiv (I hope thats right for when the carecter tells it)
    no hint of why all these people was there, it was so confusing that I stopped reading.

Excellent advice! :D
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Only one more day left to vote! It's super close between Lynelle & London. If you like one over the other, you may want to go put your final vote in before it's too late. :shock: Thanks for making this poll so much fun for me!! It'll be so much fun to follow either Lynelle or London! :mrgreen:

http://justineramseywishacy.blogspot.com/2014/06/ramsey-wishacy-gen-2-heirheiress-vote.html
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Queenie08Queenie08 Posts: 7,588 Member
    edited June 2014
    I went through and read all the chapters :lol: So I'm caught up. I also voted in the heir poll the other night. :)

Oh gosh, she died...well not story wise, but oh dear. :lol: I actually tried to kill a sim that way once. Had them shake the machine all day and it never happened. :lol:

Man, those uni men :shock:

Paparazzi...but Marvin is cute :)

Babies!! :mrgreen:

Wish I had more comments, but I'm getting really sleepy :lol: Love the story!