Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grand Living Old Thread Closed of updates (NEW THREAD LINKED HERE)

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2014
    Sandy2k wrote:
    sweet marcel that is awesome,sweet,fantastic, :D sweet hugs,i love my white house,thank you again, :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Your very welcome sweetie I uploaded him for you though I lost the skin he had before though :(

I hope you enjoy him and is home :mrgreen: **hugs**
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    edited January 2014
    For some reason the mirrors are making the ceiling look odd in the one en-suite pick :shock:

It looks normal in the game :?

• Options
    bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    edited January 2014
    oh sweetie I LOVE IT its gorgeous!!!!! it's breath taking you left you speechless once again. I mean WOW!!!!!!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited January 2014
    The master suite bathroom is very nice! :) Very nice elegantly soft colour shades that you have used. It looks very nice how you have done the curtains. It looks great that you have placed the pillars in the corners of the room. The plants on the walls add a nice touch to the room. The pedestal with the towels and candles on it is nice for sims to see when relaxing and bathing in the tub. The barn looks great!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    yanti68 wrote:
    Grand Ensuite and I love that barn! Great architecture! :D

Hi Yanti :)

Thank you. that means a lot to me **hugs**

I love the architecture in your banner(siggy)

My friend here at home was amazed at your building skills 8)

I want to make sure I bring the grandness inside too :)

I want to make the barn work for her and doing something with the middle and top floor of it :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    bjk607 wrote:
    oh sweetie I LOVE IT its gorgeous!!!!! it's breath taking you left you speechless once again. I mean WOW!!!!!!

I am happy you like it :mrgreen: I haven't started the master yet because working and deciding on the kitchen :!:

I am trying to use as much base game as I can for this look with other packs and items :)

If you like the look its perfect to hear 8)

The barn will live too :wink:

Update soon sweetie **hugs**

• Options
    edited January 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    The master suite bathroom is very nice! :) Very nice elegantly soft colour shades that you have used. It looks very nice how you have done the curtains. It looks great that you have placed the pillars in the corners of the room. The plants on the walls add a nice touch to the room. The pedestal with the towels and candles on it is nice for sims to see when relaxing and bathing in the tub. The barn looks great!

Thank you Rose :)

I wanted to have a nice natural and lush, relaxing feel to it!

It going to have the pillars in as much rooms as I can fit them I think a home this grand needs them!

The barn hopefully should be a great addition to it when complete :)

• Options
    edited January 2014
    sweetie I love the ideas you have and the plans and whatever you decide to add to it im sure it will be exquisite whatever your design. I am very pleased with the way its coming out so far and I love the barn as well :D:D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Update master suite

Now I still need to complete the walk in wardrobe on the left side of the room and when complete you have then the en-suite on the right and of course the master suite below :mrgreen:

What do you think?

Do you like the bed or should i change it Bel?

gt9p.jpg

biu0.jpg

Update soon

• Options
    edited January 2014
    bjk607 wrote:
    sweetie I love the ideas you have and the plans and whatever you decide to add to it im sure it will be exquisite whatever your design. I am very pleased with the way its coming out so far and I love the barn as well :D:D

Good good sweetie and thank you :)

You have a lot of faith in my building skills :oops: though i'v always been more of an interior designer :)

I have to admit its looking pretty good from the exterior and planning to make the entrance grander :!:

It looks bland from the front door :lol:

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited January 2014
    Lovely bedroom. Looks gorgeous. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    oh sweetie no don't change nothing its perfect I love the bed it really goes with the interior and I love the color :D:D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ok sweetie im sure the exterior will be very grand when done and I do have a lot of faith in your builds you will do something awesome I just now it :D thank you so much sweetie its perfect :D hugs
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    yanti68 wrote:
    Lovely bedroom. Looks gorgeous. :D

Thank you Yanti :mrgreen: **hugs**

• Options
    edited January 2014
    bjk607 wrote:
    ok sweetie im sure the exterior will be very grand when done and I do have a lot of faith in your builds you will do something awesome I just now it :D thank you so much sweetie its perfect :D hugs[/quote

Okay sweetie The bed stays :mrgreen:

I just loved the leafs on it with the pillars and ivy too though i need to add the ivy on both sides :oops:

Plus I never used the bed before, ever :(

I want to keep it similar in a lot of the rooms with the exception of the kids bedroom you requested :!:

How do you feel about a garden themed indoor room for the spa?

Sadly i will have to build something on the grounds though unless i remove the floor in one of the side big rooms on ground level 8)

I never did one before :( Ivy and plants and soon with brick walls and grass,tiny pond, ect, ect :P

It just looks silly the entrance to me now, as i never dreamed the house would end up like this :shock: :lol:

I was thinking about a nice bed of flowers in the middle front building with a drive coming around each side and front of the steps a bit like a hotel just for that front bit of the house :?: I will think of something for a bit of the farming stuff just on a grander scale :mrgreen:

Edit

also the barn i can make room for two or three :!: up to you :?:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I LOVE the idea for the garden indoor spa that sounds like pure heaven. And I also love the idea with the barn do what you want with it so far :D:D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I love the ideas with the flowers around the drive go for it that will add to the beauty of it sweetie :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited January 2014
    The ivy and vine entwined bed and pillars looks very nice! :) Sims will enjoy sleeping there and waking up to nice natural surroundings each morning! The lounger in the corner is nice for sims to relax on.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    bjk607 wrote:
    I LOVE the idea for the garden indoor spa that sounds like pure heaven. And I also love the idea with the barn do what you want with it so far :D:D [/quote

You like the ideas 8)

indoor garden theme

The bed made be think of it and remember it being popular with other simmers at the start of the Sims 3 on YouTube :!:

I will also add

hot tub, sauna/mud bath and massage table :mrgreen:

Decided to use a room in the house after all. I am changing the kitchen to the bigger room at the back middle of the ground floor and the original with the dinning room with fireplace,leaving the original dining room for the spa as its one of the biggest rooms on the ground floor next to kitchen and lounge :!:

Would you mind if a few rooms have a fireplace, including bathrooms?

I built 8 in total. I personally think bathrooms will look okay with the odd one :?

I built them before planning the rooms but a house like this should look okay with them still in the rooms :)

If i was rich i would have one in every bathroom :lol:

Yes the barn I can make room for 3 horses and I am building a little something else in the upper levels of it :?: :mrgreen:

Happy you like the front garden space plan facing the house itself :mrgreen:

What i need to do now is complete the final room in the master suite, finish your huge kitchen and make a start of the spa, after that going to do some work out side the house :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    The ivy and vine entwined bed and pillars looks very nice! :) Sims will enjoy sleeping there and waking up to nice natural surroundings each morning! The lounger in the corner is nice for sims to relax on.

Thank you Rose :mrgreen:

I wanted it tofit well with the en-suite but a change with some colors and deco :)

I love the two lounger so much in the cream and minty green :)

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Ok sweetie I am loving the ideas for the rooms love the idea of the spas and mud bath etc. ok the kitchen is a great idea for the bigger room and yes I love the idea with the fireplaces in the rooms with the bathrooms as well knock yourself out and have fun with it :D:D Whatever you feel you need to put in or take out of the house go right ahead and do what you need to do sweetie :D All the things you have planned sounds fantabulous I cant wait to see the updates and the finished build :D hugs sweetie
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I love the color scheme of the mint green and cream :D
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited January 2014
    Pretty bedroom, I love the columns surrounding the bed. Very Greek and atmospheric, I think :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    bjk607 wrote:
    Ok sweetie I am loving the ideas for the rooms love the idea of the spas and mud bath etc. ok the kitchen is a great idea for the bigger room and yes I love the idea with the fireplaces in the rooms with the bathrooms as well knock yourself out and have fun with it :D:D Whatever you feel you need to put in or take out of the house go right ahead and do what you need to do sweetie :D All the things you have planned sounds fantabulous I cant wait to see the updates and the finished build :D hugs sweetie

That's great to hear sweetie :)

The spa I would normally do modern but thought the change would be better for this house

If you look from each side of the house you can see where the fireplaces are for the rooms for the chimneys from ground level to level one

The ground floor bathroom as a fireplace and one on level one. the rest are from,

dinning room

study

music room

guest bedroom

and two other unconfirmed rooms most likely bedrooms :!:

And the kitchen will be better with the back door anyway :)

Thanks

Update soon

• Options
    edited January 2014
    YellowJane wrote:
    Pretty bedroom, I love the columns surrounding the bed. Very Greek and atmospheric, I think :)

Thanks YellowJane :)