Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roller Coaster, Carnival and; Amore builds - please post your pics

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited January 2014
    Or you could find another site to put them on. If you delete a few from photbucket they'll eventually release these - probably in a week or so.

It's a shame as I only had my mobile phone to look at them before - now I'm home I have my computer and they've gone :cry:
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited January 2014
    i can still see the pictures
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,423 Member
    edited January 2014
    Just bought pro and my pictures are back. I hate how photobucket makes you feel like a theif if your bandwith runs out.

I would never steal anything.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    Or you could find another site to put them on. If you delete a few from photbucket they'll eventually release these - probably in a week or so.

It's a shame as I only had my mobile phone to look at them before - now I'm home I have my computer and they've gone :cry:

Their back now.
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited January 2014
    Just bought pro and my pictures are back. I hate how photobucket makes you feel like a theif if your bandwith runs out.

that's sad clp, sad you had to buy the pro version too :(
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    rumbutter wrote:

that's sad clp, sad you had to buy the pro version too :(

Yea I agree. Someone is always wanting your money. I bought the 29.95 per year one on my credit card.

Glad my pics are back though. A couple of minutes ago they were gone and it said look who's popular stealing bandwith.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I'm glad you got them back. I still can't see them - but they will undoubtedly return shortly.

I have a few new ones of the under ground roller coaster and a fairy I've had for a while. She's and interesting character too.

RC_Scary079.jpg

RC_Scary080.jpg

RC_Scary082.jpg

RC_Scary081.jpg

RC_Scary084.jpg

RC_Scary083.jpg

RC_Scary085.jpg

RC_Scary086.jpg

RC_Scary088.jpg

RC_Scary087.jpg

RC_Scary089.jpg

RC_Scary091.jpg

RC_Scary092.jpg

RC_Scary093.jpg

RC_Scary090.jpg

RC_Scary096.jpg

RC_Scary095.jpg

RC_Scary097.jpg

RC_Scary094.jpg

She was very happy and stopped being a ghost when she got back to an above ground level :lol:

RC_Scary098.jpg

Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Karr

Let me know when you can see the above pictures.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Karr

Let me know when you can see the above pictures.

I just see them now. I had to shut my session down and log in again as plug ins were crashing. It was really slow. It is all good at the moment.
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited January 2014
    Nice pics cat looks like your sims are really enjoying themselves :mrgreen:

OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I have persevered and am managing to make something of the new version of Rolling Thunder. This is the version without the building. It should be a much smaller file.

The underground bit is still the same. I removed the building from around the two above ground coasters, but wasn't able to provide supports for all of the tracks and I wanted to do that is I didn't like it with tracks floating in the sky.

In the end I rearranged one small section of track and added two smaller, mostly open, buildings to accommodate the many levels of track stacked on various levels.

It isn't finished yet - but this is a WIP picture.

RC_RTN_001.jpg

I'll try to get back to it on the weekend some time.

I'm totally over building roller coasters :D
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited January 2014
    Karritz, your pics on the previous page are creepy fun! :P
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    I have persevered and am managing to make something of the new version of Rolling Thunder. This is the version without the building. It should be a much smaller file.

The underground bit is still the same. I removed the building from around the two above ground coasters, but wasn't able to provide supports for all of the tracks and I wanted to do that is I didn't like it with tracks floating in the sky.

In the end I rearranged one small section of track and added two smaller, mostly open, buildings to accommodate the many levels of track stacked on various levels.

RC_RTN_001.jpg"width=700"

I consider myself to be an awesome builder in Sims 2 and 3 - I already have an idea for a rollercoaster, but I look at your pics in this thread and think I don't know that I have the patience to do something like this!

I am still hounded by CAST as I started Sims 3 in 2011, so it's still consuming my build time, eg; builds don't go quite as fast as they once did! I could whip things up in 2 fast, Sims 3 an hour goes by and I'm still picking stones and tiles. LOL
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hey conclue. You start at the beginning and keep going til you get to the end. You have the challenge of working with the tools you are given so be prepared to amend your ideas to fit what is possible.

The roller coaster you quoted above could not be built without an extreme knowledge of spacial concepts. Or do what I did. I made a 5 story building as big as possible on a 64x64 lot and put the roller coaster into it. Then I deleted the building. There are a huge number of challenges to overcome. It is glorious to click on the starting track and get the 'This track is valid' message. It took me more than a week to build the original inside the building. Then it's been a couple of days fixing it up since then. That's why I'm over roller coaster building. But I have a few to play with now and they are fun to play with.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi! I'll admit the pictures of all the coasters are very good but Karritz, yours definitely takes the prize...wow. Glad it's you that built it, I wouldn't have had the patience. That's the kind of coaster that a sim would have to pack a lumch to finish riding. :D

Here's my little contribution. It's a desert themed roller coaster I built in LP, my favorite world, with the theme of Wonder, after all, it is the desert. :mrgreen:

Screenshot-426.jpg

Download http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7928688
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    In game pics. This is my favorite lot and is made by Aktex. I placed this in Midnight Hollow and used the Doll Faced Girl Townie forget her name.

Download Link
    Spooky Hollow Park by Aktex (Featured Lot)
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7867124

Spooky Hollow Park by Aktex
    Screenshot-349.jpg

Screenshot-348.jpg

Screenshot-350.jpg

Screenshot-351.jpg

Screenshot-352.jpg

Screenshot-353.jpg

Screenshot-354.jpg

Screenshot-356.jpg

Screenshot-357.jpg

Screenshot-362.jpg

Screenshot-363.jpg

Screenshot-344.jpg

Screenshot-358.jpg

Screenshot-359.jpg

Screenshot-360.jpg

Screenshot-361.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    That's the kind of coaster that a sim would have to pack a lumch to finish riding.

Makes me think of Roy D Mercer who says I'll have to pack a lunch. :P
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    bshag4lv wrote:
    Hi! I'll admit the pictures of all the coasters are very good but Karritz, yours definitely takes the prize...wow. Glad it's you that built it, I wouldn't have had the patience. That's the kind of coaster that a sim would have to pack a lumch to finish riding.

Here's my little contribution. It's a desert themed roller coaster I built in LP, my favorite world, with the theme of Wonder, after all, it is the desert.

The thing is that when I was doing it I didn't realise how long a ride it was because it was all covered by the building. I got a bit of a surprise when I removed the building to see what was in there. I did wonder why it was taking so long to do though.

There are two rides there and one is longer than the other. I forget which is which though.

They all look like fun. I think I've got enough now to keep my sims happy.

I wonder what the next big build thing will be? I hope I don't decide to do four of whatever that is.

I'll add your new coaster to the original post when I get home and can do it easily on my computer. I can't see much of it on my phone but it looks good so far. They are all fun.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    That's the kind of coaster that a sim would have to pack a lumch to finish riding.

Makes me think of Roy D Mercer who says I'll have to pack a lunch. :P

Cat. I'm glad you found one you like.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited January 2014
    Cat, that roller coaster looks creepy fun too! I think those type of roller coasters are my favorite. :P
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    bshag4lv wrote:
    Hi! I'll admit the pictures of all the coasters are very good but Karritz, yours definitely takes the prize...wow. Glad it's you that built it, I wouldn't have had the patience. That's the kind of coaster that a sim would have to pack a lumch to finish riding. :D

Here's my little contribution. It's a desert themed roller coaster I built in LP, my favorite world, with the theme of Wonder, after all, it is the desert. :mrgreen:

Screenshot-426.jpg

I just added this to the first page of this thread and gave you a rec :-)
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you! I appreciate that! :-)

This is actually my second coaster, my first is just a small one I built in Riverview. I was proud of this as it has a swimming pool running under it. Oddly enough, the smaller one attracts more sims, probably because of the pool. :lol:

All the roller coasters' pics are fantastic...the spooky ones are really awesome and have much more detail. Very nice job everyone! :-)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:

RC_RTN_001.jpg"width=700"

Wow, Karritz! That is going to be the ultimate Roller Coaster! Having crafted two of my own, I have an idea of just how much work you've put into it already! Can't wait for the final result!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Karr you might want to add the lot I posted to the first page.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top