Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roller Coaster, Carnival and; Amore builds - please post your pics

Comments

• Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,423 Member
    edited January 2014
    Has anyone thought about doing a love themed rollercoaster park? There are some for Halloween and one for Christmas. I'd like to see someone make a Valentines Day themed Amusement Park.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,558 Member
    edited January 2014
    Dragon, those are two great different themed ones! The Christmas one is so pretty and I love the Jurassic, brilliant idea. Awesome! Downloaded and recd.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited January 2014
    Has anyone thought about doing a love themed rollercoaster park? There are some for Halloween and one for Christmas. I'd like to see someone make a Valentines Day themed Amusement Park.

I did manage to do a romantic corner in the Bluewater Park.

I don't know if I'll do any more for a while though. I have to go back to work tomorrow. I'll see how I feel later.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited January 2014
    dragon, thank you very much. Both parks look fantastic!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:

I don't know if I'll do any more for a while though. I have to go back to work tomorrow. I'll see how I feel later.

What's in the romantic corner?
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited January 2014
    Dragon, those are two great different themed ones! The Christmas one is so pretty and I love the Jurassic, brilliant idea. Awesome! Downloaded and recd.
    Thank you for your feedback, I hope you and your sims enjoy them. :D
    dragon, thank you very much. Both parks look fantastic!

YW :mrgreen:

OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Karritz wrote:

What's in the romantic corner?

Not a lot -
    RC_LP_004.jpg

A love seat with the solid type of curved supports for the roller coaster half closing it off from outside.

RC_Blue012.jpg

A fountain, flowers, love meters.

Then a bit further away are the kissing booths and a hot tub.

There is also a place to eat on the ground floor of a nearby building and upstairs is a dance floor and another place to eat with a professional bar.

RC_Blue014.jpg

The place to get onto the roller coaster is also in that building.

RC_Blue015.jpg

You can set the gobos to show hearts on the floor and change to colours to whatever you want by clicking on them. You can choose to make all the lights the same by just clicking one light.

RC_LP_005.jpg

This was for Christmas in Australia. No snow - just heat and lots of swimming.

RC_Blue008.jpg

RC_Blue016.jpg

Sorry this isn't well organised - but I've got to go now...

I probably won't be back before Thursday. I hope this gives you some idea of what is there. Enjoy you sims :D

Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited January 2014
    i finished my build i need to playtest it though probaly tomorrow evening/night and then i'll post pics and upload it
  • Options
    acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited January 2014
    I thought twice about my holiday rollercoaster lot, and I have given in, I'll be uploading this shortly. let me tidy it up a bit. :lol:, Warning, this lot is not intentionally a theme park. It's more of a holiday gathering park. to invite friends family and to celebrate the holidays. I hope you guys like it lol. (thinks silently what have I gotten myself into :lol: )

Thank you so much...I so excited to jump in and play with it...looks like a great build even if it is unfinished... :)
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,618 Member
    edited January 2014
    Enjoyed the photos... definitely made me want the roller coaster even more now. =)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    sorry.....what did...you say.....siggy mes·mer·iz·ing
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Here's a picture of my sim after she finished her visit to the lower levels of Rolling Thunder :mrgreen:

RC_Scary085.jpg
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Karr

Bluewater Lot seems to not work. Every time I try placing it the processing screen just keeps going and going. Maybe it corrupted. I've tried different lots in Luck Palms and I get the same thing. Other coaster lots place.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    My mistake it s rolling thunder that won t place. Bluewater is fine.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    My mistake it s rolling thunder that won t place. Bluewater is fine.

That's a relief. I couldn't think what may be the problem with Bluewater.

Rolling Thunder is huge and it can take a while to place.

I hope you enjoy them both as RT should place eventually if you want to persist.

Edit. I've been thinking of removing everything from above ground in RT and replacing it with a simple little roller coaster and no buildings. Maybe just the fun fair type objects. I did take the building away already and tried adding stilts to the existing coasters but they are too complicated to do like that. But it is a much smaller file. I'll have a think about it. I'm on the way to work at the moment so it probably can't happen before late Sunday - which will be very late Saturday for you since we have that date line between us.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'll try placing RT again later. I want an underground rollercoaster like that one has.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'll try placing RT again later. I want an underground rollercoaster like that one has.

I'll try to get it done on the weekend. I've already done about 10 hours on it before I decided the existing above ground coasters are too complex to work without the building in the existing build. I can just delete most of those two and do something less complex without the buildings. It is the huge building that makes it big. I noticed it change when I enclosed most of it to keep the weather out.

Edit. What I said about them not working was meant to mean they look ugly and implausible without supports. My sims can ride them without a problem. Supports are too hard to do. And the still look ugly.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I took some pics of Dragon's christmas lot today and am uploading them. My sims had Snowflake there. I did add a couple of white christmas trees and some mistletoe.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I took some pics of Dragon's christmas lot today and am uploading them. My sims had Snowflake there. I did add a couple of white christmas trees and some mistletoe.

When and where? If not in this thread can we at least have a link to them please. :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:

When and where? If not in this thread can we at least have a link to them please. :lol:

I'll add a few now.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I added the firepit,white trees and mistletoe.

Screenshot-445.jpg

Screenshot-433.jpg

Screenshot-437.jpg

Screenshot-438.jpg

Screenshot-443.jpg

Screenshot-441.jpg

Screenshot-444.jpg

Screenshot-434.jpg

Screenshot-435.jpg

Screenshot-397.jpg

Screenshot-390.jpg

Screenshot-386.jpg

Screenshot-387.jpg

Screenshot-367.jpg

Screenshot-370.jpg

Screenshot-394.jpg

Screenshot-383.jpg

Screenshot-384.jpg

Screenshot-396.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Karr I like how you use the ticket machines on your carnival lots. I finally got blue thuder to place and your right it s big.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    i love your pictures clp :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Darn now I have to buy photobucket pro to get my pics back.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top