Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 162 Member
    edited October 2013
    Parvati wrote:
    Just a little bug in game /future , my Sim keeps putting on taking off her jet pack constantly, kinda annoying, don't know why she is doing it. :?

My Sim did that. Each time he took it off it appeared in his inventory so I just clicked on stop using jet pack while it was in there and the problem was solved.
  • Options
    Daughter_of_EveDaughter_of_Eve Posts: 48 New Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). Removed Mods
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Have the expansion
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? IDK, launcher says 'Version 1.63.4.024001'
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Started brand new
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Brand New
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Hidden Springs
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 8
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Not applicable for my problem. Doesn't matter WHICH world I'm in.

My LTWs aren't fulfilling. I was using the Made the Most of My Time LTW from Into the Future which wants you to experience all future worlds and get a legacy statue. So, I got the legacy statue for Time Keeper that REQUIRES you to experience ALL future worlds and a dialogue box came up saying that I had a Legacy Statue erected in my honor, but the LTW did not fulfill. :(:( Don't know if there's something else that needs done first or if it's a bug, but it's irritating nonetheless.
  • Options
    imfrimaimfrima Posts: 226 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Hello. I've travelled to the future three times so far. Every time I arrive in Oasis Landing the game tells me that new descendants have been found. But it is actually the same household. It exists three times now - exactly the same family with exactly the same family members. :shock: It only shows up once in the time almanach. The original Oasis Landing families disappear. They are no longer in the neigbourhood. :cry:
    I've put the newest overwatch mod (107) back in my game after I travelled to the future for the first time yesterday evening.
    Has anyone got the same bug?

Thanks for answering

imfrima
  • Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).
    NO CC
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ?
    BOTH
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    NEW
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    DL FROM A PREVIOUS CHALLENGE
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    STARLIGHT SHORES
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    WIN 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DL
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    ITF

I just wanted to post that after installing the updated Overwatch (currently my only MOD) the game ran a lot better and the almanac stopped breaking....until it was MY sim that replaced the founders statue....

I tired julienrob2004's suggestion to change households then come back to mine and the almanac is again working. But of course they lost all their wishes and descendants. Better than losing the whole game though.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2013
    @Resender1: You're better off posting in tech, tbh

@kazz2829: Hm. Weird. Did you try a factory reset as described on the first page ?

@WinMacSims3: Try deleting the thumbnail files to see if that makes it better. I'll add the holo computer opportunity error

@thesolarist: Did you try to replace the tube with a new copy ? Is it all tube elevators or only a certain one ? Do you have issues with the normal elevators too ?

Please also answer the questions on the first page. Thanks

@veiledstar:

- I'll add it to the first page to see if someone else has an insight on it
    - No cc for you ? Would be good to know what it is.
    - I'll add
    - I know about register but thanks :)
    - I'll add

@Ekoponny:

Probably the existing family tree corruption issue. Does this only happen with families in your existing game or did you try a new one to see if it's reproducible ?

@kampffenhoff: Thanks

@Daughter_of_Eve: Is it just this one or do you have others not fulfilling ? I'll add.

@imfrima: please remove all mods to make sure it's not a mod issue.

@Vuneca: Maybe this bug is complexer than we thought. You did have OW in at the time, right ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @veiledstar:

- I'll add it to the first page to see if someone else has an insight on it
    - No cc for you ? Would be good to know what it is.
    - I'll add
    - I know about register but thanks :)
    - I'll add

No CC, just EA store content. Only adding back NRaas mods that are updated to see if certain problems get fixed and then take them out.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@Vuneca: Maybe this bug is complexer than we thought. You did have OW in at the time, right ?

Yes I did. After having it happen in a previous VANILLA game, I found your help thread and added OW. Then I started a fresh game. The almanac broke the second she became the founder for robotics (or whatever it's called). julienrob2004's fix did work, but I lost all the wishes and the permanent moodlet for having been awarded the statue. And the descendants aren't showing in the almanac but they are still listed as her friends. About to head to the future and see if they are the same.

edit - I am also having simport problems. Only 1 of my 2 performers is recognized and allowed to be sent on tour. I don't know if that's related to the new EP or just the usual simport problems.

* edit again - found my descendants. They have changed and there are 2 that are not in the household but are showing up in her friend panel. I wonder if that will cause probs later on.The Honored Plumbotist moodlet did return but is only there while in the future. I thought it was permanent.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    thesecondbatgirlthesecondbatgirl Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods: No. I have never used mods/cc, although I own about 90% of the store.
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Into the future
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New Game
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Custom (Storybook County, although the error is only happening in University)
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 8, computer has 8 gigs of ram, and is less than 2 months old
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Uni

I have two problems. First, when I sent my sim for the technology major, handiness isn't raising the performance bar while sims are studying it/repairing objects/upgrading.

Second, I've tried twice now to send my sim back to university for the communications major, and each time she arrives, I quickly lose the ability to click on her.

Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    edited October 2013
    ve been experimenting with the new expansion pack and noticed if you take ANY supernatural sim thru the time portal, it ends up crashing the game to the destop of your computer..although i had it happen with a normal human sim, it seems to increase when you use Supernatural sims for some unknown reason..i did the following tests to see what crashes happened:

1. Normal human family with 3 members - went thru time portal and ended up in future

2. 1 supernatural sim (fairy type) and 1 normal human - Crashed to desktop

3. 2 supernatural sims (fairy and unchanged werewolf), and 1 normal sim - Crashed to destop

4. All Supernatural sims (fairy, unchanged werewolf, 2 vampires, 1 witch) - Crashed to destop

Testing parameters:

1.No mods used.
    2.Cache's cleaned after every test to see if it worked or not.
    3.Using the most current patch released by EA thru launcher and auto-updated.

This is clearly a bug as i see no supernatural sims in the future (s) also. Everyone appears to be normal humans. This is something EA might wish to address in a patch or test themselves to see how it works..all i know is even if i use different families, using supernaturals thru the time portal tends to crash the game more often then using a normal human sim..

Ive tested this theory for 2 days, and i established this hypothesis based on testing this in the game itself. I can play normal in any neighborhoods with the supernatural sims..but as soon as they time portal into the future, it crashes. Please look into this EA technical people. I know your busy, but i believe this is a genuine bug.

Accordingly, ewilson1114 said in my other post about this issue that someone sent a fairy to the future, so perhaps it is not the fairy that is causing this issue, but a unchanged werewolf or a vampire.

Ewilson1114 recommended i posted this issue here, but EA phone support said i should post on the tecnical discussion forums about this issue. I am posting in both places so EA technicians and support staff are able to see this and try the above test's themselves that i used in order to try to re-create the issue at hand.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/721398.page#11465857
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).
    No mods, no CC, no store content, in a vanilla test game

2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ?
    ITF

3. Which Patch Level are you at ?

4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    vanilla test game just for ITF (new folder generated by the Launcher after install of ITF)

5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    new CAS sim made after ITF install

6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA, 🐸🐸🐸🐸

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Win 7

8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD

9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Home-World (but my sim/bot family has traveled back and forth between present and future, several times

The bug:

I moved out a bot I was playing, binning and then spitting the family -- the bot subsequently lost their trait chips once I put them back in the game. I thought the bot might have been corrupted, because I had inadvertently played with "testingcheatsenabled true" for a while before the move. So I decided to see if it was a one time phenomena.

I made a new vanilla game with a new sim and had her make bots, etc, until she reached top bot skills and all four of her bots had all slots filled with trait chips and were at top level. I binned my entire sim/bot family (one sim, and four bots). I went into edit mode, and merged a copy of the bot/sim family from the bin, with a family existing in 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

I enabled testing cheats. Then I went into edit mode again, and split the family so that the bot created in the present was moved out and appeared on the left side of the edit town screen. I moved that bot back into the same merged family. The bot had lost all the traits I put in, but had gained a trait it didn't have before the move (it was a trait it had been created with, but that had since been removed/replaced and was NOT in the bot's inventory).

I quit the game without saving, and opened it again. I was in the future with the whole family. I went to the present. This time I split the existing family (never having been binned) and moved a bot out, just like before. I moved the bot back into the family. This time, even without testing cheats being enabled and without having been binned, the same exact thing happened. No trait chips that the bot had before moving out, but one trait chip it had when it was created, but that had subsequently been removed/replaced and was NOT in the bot's inventory.

edit twice to make answers show up easier
  • Options
    siefier25siefier25 Posts: 41 Member
    edited October 2013
    Play Online on consoles is not fixed by just clicking on the tv. Or at least, its not fixed for the WallVu tv. Sometimes the option shows up on the console, but it is not showing up at all on the WallVu TV. And when I can get it to show up on the console, nothing happens.

EDIT: My game is vanilla, other than expansions(of course), and the occasional use of testingcheatsenabled true
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @veiledstar: Ok. Let me know if you find out what item is causing the issue

@Vuneca: OK. Thanks. I will update my blog post. Unfortunately twallan is gone for the weekend so we probably won't get more info till Monday.

- I can't remember all the issues Simport has. I'll add that.

@thesecondbatgirl: Don't have any suggestion at the moment. I'll add

@Dimon6579: I'll add but did you try a new game ?

@amjoie: I'll add

@siefier25: Could you try a different TV ? Are you reporting for the patch or the EP itself ?

Be updating tomorrow.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think I found a bug, but saw nothing in here on it. I am using most current patch .. but my sim wants to build sim bots for a living. Of course the only way is in the future, so she gets the job to build sim bots as a private job, not a company job, but her job never goes up, and when she sells things, it never shows that she did in her job. So I think its a bug, that could use fixing.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @crinrict ..ewilson1114 started a new save game and tested it in this link:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/721398.page#11465857

and says the bug is not present in that one and tested it with a vampire and unchanged werewolf. Could this bug only be present in legacy saved games? Does that mean i have to start with a new family to go into the future? Also, this link shows someone else is having same issue, so it is not just me having this issue:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/721402.page

It is possible the issue is actually using a legacy game can cause this issue..i hate to start all over with the family ive been playing with for 2 years..

Other people on my page have also reported issues with the time portals and supernatural sims..i asked if they used older saves (legacy saves), and most say yes, so im confirming if you use older save or legacy save, this bug is present in it. Most people that have legacy games sadly do NOT want to start a new game...so this can be possible confirmed a bug..
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • Options
    gilliandawe91gilliandawe91 Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    The first time I traveled to the future it worked fine, but ever since, every time I travel to the future, as soon as I get there the game shuts down and a windows error comes up and says that the game is not working. Any suggestions? I have the digital version.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The first time I traveled to the future it worked fine, but ever since, every time I travel to the future, as soon as I get there the game shuts down and a windows error comes up and says that the game is not working. Any suggestions? I have the digital version.

Sometimes this happened to me also ,even with a human character once i go to future. I turned off memories and that seemed to fix it at least for my human character..now for the supernaturals im having issues with..that is another matter..and where are the future supernatural sims? Did they go extinct?
  • Options
    Smplyr101Smplyr101 Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    Smplyr101 wrote:
    I'm having trouble with my plumbots. When I try to make one i can go into create-a-plumbot and make one but when I hit accept nothing happens and no one show up. Even if I buy one it just has an empty box above my sim that I can do nothing with. Any solutions.

Update: I don't have any custom content at all. I have both into the future the game and the patch 1.63. I started two new games and still the same thing happens. One of my sims is pre-made the other is new. The towns I'm using are the EA made towns. I have a Windows 8 operating system. I have the DVD version of the game. I tried making a robot in both the Home-World and the Future-World and both ways it doesn't do anything.
  • Options
    Ezuu123Ezuu123 Posts: 79 Member
    edited October 2013
    Don't know if this has been reported or not but here we go:

No mods, no CC, and some store content
    I Have the patch and ITF
    Version 1.63
    I'm playing with sims I made a long time ago
    Playing on Bridgeport
    I use Win 7
    Have all expansions till supernatural on DVD, the rest bought them from Origin.

I'm having 2 problems, I have seen some people complaining about this on the forums but I don't know if they came here to report them.

1. Everytime I go back to the present, my plumbot changes its appearance completely and the game removes all of his wishes. The game also thinks I made that plumbot on the present since everytime I go back to the future he has the time traveling moodlet and counted me for the statue (the one that you have to create a plumbot in the present).

2. I went to the dystopian future and now back to the normal oasis landing and meteors are still falling (some others said that this happened on the utopian future too).

• Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited October 2013
    Resender1 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    Seems this is a rather bugless EP. Are you guys having fun ?
    Well I haven't had time to experience it yet,since my Paradiso save became unplayable after the new patch.
    I spend a few hours looking at what neighberhood to use for a new save,settled for riverview.

So I haven't really been able to play it the features.
    The biggest concern but that's already been adressed in this thread & on the technical forums is the anvil drop in performance on the Island Paradise world.
    My own worry is that the cache files grow on to fast,I deleted the cache yesterday to see if it helped paradiso,it didn't, and after 5 minutes the cachefiles were already at 600mb in size.

1. No CC or mods
    2. I have ITF
    3. 1.63
    4. Existing game
    5. Playing same saved game and same sims that I've been playing for a few months.
    6. IP
    7. Win 7
    8. DVD
    9. Home world

I'm having the same issue as the person above. I never had any problems playing IP before the patch. Now that I've installed the patch, playing the same game that I was playing the day before the patch without any problems, I have serious freezing.

Edit: Ok, I think I might have solved the issue. I'll have to play more to test it out, but I wasn't aware that the latest patch messed with the graphics rule file. I had changed some of the settings in that file, because my graphics card is too new and awesome for it to be rated accordingly :lol: I have re-adjusted it again, and hopefully that'll do the trick. We'll see.

Edit #2: Yep, re-editing the graphics rules file did the trick for me.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Possible solve for my issue..thanks to ewilson1114 idea about moving to another town..seemed to fix the issue with supernaturals using time portal..apparently, this solves that issue. All i did was move the household and left the house where it was..it worked and im in the future with all my supernatural sims..so this might solve it for others if they have the same issue with a legacy game with supernaturals..you may wish to post this fix for others that get this issue in the future or have it now..

Steps to fix the issue:

1. Move family only to the bin in edit town mode.
    2. Select new neighborhood (world) and place them there.
    3. Note that i sold alot of my old furniture, in case the issue was caused by something getting screwed up, so i don't know if it helped or not, but i suggest you try also.

BE WARY of one other thing too.. tried to inspect a new time portal in the new neighborhood with a guy with level 10 advanced tech skill, and it froze it up. So then i sent another person with only level 2 advance tech skill. This seems like another issue though...

Also..it resets all the legacy statues and opportunities from the future
  • Options
    janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi Crin,
    I think I have found another bug that I did not see already posted on here. Since traveling to the future with my Sim his work outfit has changed and when I go into CAS to change it back to what it was before the career outfit option is no longer there. He now wears the chemistry outfit and I deleted all of those outfits that build up once he discovered all of the potions and that was before traveling to the future.

I know that career outfits have been a problem in the past for some, but I never experienced it and now Career outfit is gone as an option in CAS. If this has already been mentioned, I did not see it and I am sorry.

Edited to add this:

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). No mods, only cc from EA Store

2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? both

3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63

4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing

5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New Sims I created when I started current game.
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Dragon Valley

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7

9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home

• Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited October 2013
    kusurusu wrote:
    According to the game files (patch 1.63) it is impossible to complete the laser harp star challenge.

Someone told me he found this bug while playing (and he tested all of the relevant opportunities).
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @sirona66: Not sure if I understand you right but as far as I remember, you can build bots in the present. What's a private job vs. a company job ?

Could you also please answer the questions in the second post.

@Dimon6579: If something is corrupt on your savegame, it's very possible that it's just that one game.

I'll add your work around.

As for your portal freezing issue, I actually saw that at gamescom more than once. I cheated them up to level ten and that made it freeze. Wonder if there's a connection. I'll keep it in mind if there are more reports on this.

I don't have the EP yet so I can't try.

@gilliandawe91: Please answer the questions in the second post

@Smplyr101: Did you try a factory reset as described on the first page ?

@Ezuu123:

1. Are you sure you don't have masterController in ? Did you never have mods or take them out ?
    2. I'll add

@DCExplorer: So you're saying you re-applied your graphic card changes and now it works again ? If so, yes, they need to be re-appied with every patch, especially if you use the super patch.

@janvel831: I'll add that

@kusurusu: ok. I'll add
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm busy troubleshooting the issue with the robot register but in the mean time I got a few questions.

Are we supposed to get awards/diploma/plaques or whatever they are called for the 2 new skills? Cause I have 2 different saves with a sim each that has maxed both and received nothing.

Unfortunately one of them maxed both while at Oasis Landing so I figured it's another off-world mail hiccup. Though I was able to collect mail, gifts and crap, about 2 times.

The other sim maxed one of the skills at Oasis Landing and the other one in his homeworld and still he received nothing. When we traveled back I got a message upon returning stating that he forget to collect mail and that it got placed in his inventory but there was no mail there.

ETA: I did a "factory reset"/vanilla game and I'm able to buy stuff from the robot register so I'm busy troubleshooting the afflicted saves. None of the mods I use ought to impact the register though so I'll see what will happen.

ETA2: It definitely is one of my mods, I''m terribly sorry for the trouble.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @n00biityo:

- Not sure. The diplomas have been working less and less over the past EPs. They haven't bothered to make new icons since forever. Do you get diplomas for every other skill ?
    - Mail: But you didn't get any stuck omni plants or bills ?

UPDATED THROUGH HERE

AHQ Tutorial

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top