Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future Bug Thread

Comments

• AugustsimAugustsim Posts: 106 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm reapplying the super patch right now. I spoke with an EA representative and they said the patch should patch me to 1.57 and for some reason, after the super patch I'm still at 1.63. I'm not very tech savvy so it could be that I did it wrong. And thanks Crinrict for helping. Keeps people like me sane lol.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2013
    Augustsim wrote:
    I'm reapplying the super patch right now. I spoke with an EA representative and they said the patch should patch me to 1.57 and for some reason, after the super patch I'm still at 1.63. I'm not very tech savvy so it could be that I did it wrong. And thanks Crinrict for helping. Keeps people like me sane lol.

Some reps *facepalm*

Could you post the full number ? I'm interested to know if you're at 1.63.4 or 1.63.5. Superpatch seems to have worked for most others with this issue.

Answering the rest later.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited October 2013
    Some people here and in the German forum reported problems with the Aurora Skies children stuff, playpen and toddler walker. But these bugs don`t seem to affect everyone. I tried a save game after patching to 1.63 and both worked fine, all actions are correct and the children are not reset, do not freeze or are teleported. I will install ITF now and test it again :D .
  • sydsyrioussydsyrious Posts: 63 Member
    edited October 2013
    Issue: 'Ask to Join Jam Session' not an option.
    Has anyone tried the 'Ask to Join' Jam action when playing a musical instrument. I had Hetty in the future and used the new guitar to start a Jam. I made sure it said Start a Jam Session and not just Play Alone. I tried clicking on several random Sims nearby and there was no option to ask them to join. It was not greyed out... it just was not there. I will test with some other Sims later.

The interaction still works but some things have changed with it. The person you ask to join must have a musical instrument in their inventory or there must be an available instrument on the lot you are on. Instruments no longer just magically pop into Sim's inventories when asked to join.

Some people may find this an improvement. If it's an unintentional "glitch" I'd like to see it fixed.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Crinrict - actually that was a reset as I always reset my folder with a new patch. So I had reset for the patch last week. But I will try another reset. Seems I do that a lot nowadays. hehehe

It is good to know that it is not a new thing - it was just new for me as I play Uni a lot and was the first time I ever had a problem with it. Thanks for the response for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2013
    @DJNeonGen09: Does sound a bit like you have a noMosaic mod in. Are you sure you have no mods ?

@EuphorialQueen: Did you see sydsyrious post ? Could you try if it works if they have an instrument ?

@kolyaboo: Yes, it should work now. It's actually a game glitch causing it. I made a post in my blog. Be linking tomorrow.

@alanmichael1: Yes, I saw some of those. I've added to the list. Not sure what's the cause yet.

@sydsyrious: I'd say: Bug fixed!

@Writin_Reg: If it's reproducible, I'd love to take a look at your savegame to see if I can reproduce it on my machine. I don't have the EP yet though and have no clue when I'll be getting it.

Ok guys.

I'm working tomorrow so no answering in the morning. Not sure when I'll be back home so I guess you need to wait and see :)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• natashaspy55natashaspy55 Posts: 130 Member
    edited October 2013
    **I had written my real problem right after my first post yesterday so it was easy for you to miss. I copied the post I wrote about the problem I am having:**

Thank you so much, crinrict, for this thread. You are a true tech god and a kind person to take your own time to do this. I'm new to the Forums, too. Never had any real problems in the past two years.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? No Mods; only Newseas hair but removed
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? Did them back to back this morning.
    3. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.63
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? N/A issue happens before selecting a game.
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? Couldn't get that far.
    6. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom? NA. Couldn't get that far.
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Win 7, 4MB RAM
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Download on all but the base game. Fought that for months with support and finally had to use a DVD for that one.
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? N/A
    10. I own all EPs, all but Katy Perry SPs, and almost all the store except the child/toddler stuff.

This may be a technical question. I don't know. But my game worked perfectly until I did the update and the new game this morning:

Saved everything to my update folder and installed the patch. Then, after arm wrestling EA/Origin to get my game (that's another story), installed Into the Future.

Tried to play but got stuck at Main Menu with a spinning circle around EA and no way out but go to Task Manager and end it, that was three times. Options and the cheat line weren't working.

Waited a while, went back in and got to Main Menu again. Spinning had stopped but it was requiring me to login, which I usually don't. Then it said my login was invalid over and over.

Waited again. Loaded my saved files back into the game with store content and no CC hair. I was trying to download some of my sets and the game kept starting itself. I stopped downloading and just opened the launcher and it started the game again without me initiating game play. Never touched the Start arrow in all these times. Did this three more times on its own. Would love to get in and try the new game. Do you think that it's possessed??? :twisted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ImcaImca Posts: 24
    edited October 2013
    Ummmm no mater what I do, I cant get the quantum power pack to work.

Stasis kinda works, but the motives dont get locked, and I dont get a moodlet...

And the suit is even worse, my sim just steps into the pod and gets right back out with nothing happening. :/
  • Mander8281Mander8281 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). -no mods

2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Into the Future
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? no
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? WIN 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Base game DVD Into The Future download
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home world

None of the content I have purchased in from the Sims 3 store is showing up with the exception of the venues- they show up fine. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks in advance!
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). I do not or have never used mod

2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? I have both, patch first then got ITF

3. Which Patch Level are you at ? the newest 1.63

4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New Game

5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? I am playing O'Dourke from Hidden Springs as a test sim

6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA SV

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7 ? Win 7

8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? In to the Future

Hi Crinrict: can you tell me if there is a issue with sims getting married in ITF, I have a sim and I get no place to click to get married, purpose or anything, their relationship is way up. they kiss and all. no yoo hoo either.
    Some said you have to install a mod, that does not seem right that I would have to install a mod to play my game. I do not use mods or CC.
    So is this a bug or what. My game is playing good except the marriage thing
  • Mander8281Mander8281 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I forgot to mention that this happened after I installed ItF. Before I installed it there were some glitches that others have mentioned, but the store content issue occurred after the installation of ItF.

Cheers!
  • ReverendZombReverendZomb Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @ReverendZomb: Apply the manual super patch again: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.63.5.0240xx_update.exe

Guess I'll be making a post on this issue.

Thank you crinrict the link you gave me has worked!
  • strophicstrophic Posts: 8 New Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). Yes, CC from MTS and also mods from Twallan's like Animator, MC, SP, DebugEnabler, Dreamer, HomeOpener, Relativity, Overwatch, RelationshipPanel, and Traveler.
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Both.
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63.
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? Playing an existing one.
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? Existing Sims from Bridgeport.
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Bridgeport from EA's Late Night expansion.
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7.
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Downloaded version of base game as well as downloaded EPs.
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Bridgeport Home-World.

So I have a few issues since installing the Into the Future EP:

1. When I tried loading into my save in Bridgeport, the loading bar stopped near the end and did not move for a good 20 or so minutes. I assumed that it was an issue with old mods (considering some of Twallan's mods have not been updated for the newest patch yet, like SP), so I removed the outdated mods and ran the game again. This time the game loaded, but I found that the active household I was playing was unclickable- there were no sim portraits on the side indicating each member of the household, the Sim panel didn't work. I exited, did a factory reset, removed all mods and CC, and started again. Loaded and same issue until I tried evicting the family and then replacing it with an earlier saved copy of the household. Worked, but not sure what exactly happened there.
    2. All other sims are missing/invisible in town- including ones I had created previously (although I did see some cars driving around). Relationships disappeared (one sim lost her fiancee) and everything looked like it had reset itself. Family members were all strangers to one another (or acquaintances). Issue did not go away in vanilla game.
    3. Had slight problem where I couldn't even load into Sims without crashing, but I ended up having to add the mod packages in one by one until I found that there seems to be a conflict with one of the MC packages, NRaas_MasterControllerProgression.

I had no issues getting one sim into the Future world and have had no issues with that world in particular so far, but my Bridgeport save is pretty messed up right now.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).
    No third party and No Mods (Took out Mod folder before the patch and left it out)
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ?
    Both Patch 1.63 and ITF game(Digital from Origin)
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    Patch 1.63
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Existing save.
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Custom (No CC)
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA / Riverview
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Win 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Origin digital
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Future-World /Riverview Home-World.

Issue: No UI after return from Future.
    Took Mom (Shea) and her triplet (child) daughters to the future.
    [img]http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/15/53/35/04/missin10.jpg "width=640"[/img]

Edit: Tried to split household to merge back. The ones I split out vanished! Had to quit to main menu and go back into the save.

Edit: That worked! The only thing I can think is Shea (Mom) aged up in the Future world.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @EuphorialQueen: Did you see sydsyrious post ? Could you try if it works if they have an instrument ?
    Saw the post ( Thank you sydsyrious )Yes ... that worked but not happy about this change. Asking NPCs/Townies to join in a Jam has always been a good way to gain friends. Now unless you ask a controllable Sim with a instrument there is no option. *Boo*
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited October 2013
    I have all EPs except Island Paradise and Movie Stuff. Only Store content, no Mods/CC. Download version on Windows 7.

There are bugs that isn't fixed in Into the Future. These include: Brain Enhancing Machine still bypasses Chrisma's Sim and Friend reqiirements, Brain Enhancing Machine's upgrades are lost when traveling between worlds, Sims University's Party issue probably isn't fixed.

And also some bugs I've encountered:
    * Accepting Dates causes Quantum Power Suit not to work.
    * Quantum Power Suit's abilities won't work when reloading a save.
    *Sims' Hunger are set to low when traveling to the present. (seperate thread about this is found here).
    *Origin gave me the DLC alert when I tried to download Into the Future (I had the DVD version of The Sims 3).
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Tonyac1234Tonyac1234 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I am having an issue with the sky is falling quest I don't have an option when i talk to a sim to convince them that the sky is falling any ideas why?
  • WizardxWizardx Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I solved the problem. It turns out I hadn't removed the mods after all. I found copies in my \Program Files (x86) directory, and deleted those, forgetting that TS3 resides in the 64-bit directory. I got suspicious when I looked around in the 32-bit directory and it didn't seem like there was a complete installation of the program there. The mods were still in the 64-bit \Program Files directory, and removing them resolved the issue. It looked like a mod-compatibility issue because the symptom (lack of socialization options) was similar to problems I've had in the past, but I was certain I'd removed the mods.

I think I have a workaround for the blank info panel problem, too. Right-clicking on a playable sim to select it causes the info panel to reappear. I've only noticed this problem in new games started after installing ItF, not on older save files.
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited October 2013
    hi crin also with the almanac of time if you have a sim or a bot that has the legacy statue in OL if you edit town move the sim or bot out and delete the sim or bot from the clipboard the almanac won't work either

edit to add (i just tested it )one way to fix that one is edit town move move out to clipboard place in a house choose the household to play with and the almnac works again
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? I am using custom content and mods, however this glitch has occurred with custom content in and out of the game.

2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? Just patch 1.63 so far.

3. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.63.

4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? Brand new save.

5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing sim.

6. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom? Lucky Palms.

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Windows 8.

8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD Version.

9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? Home-World.

The issue:

Whenever I try and sell something from my inventory, a clone of the item appears on the floor after I have sold it. I then need to drag this item to my inventory to sell it as well.

This isn't a bad glitch, just a bit annoying. :P
  • natashaspy55natashaspy55 Posts: 130 Member
    edited October 2013
    **I had written my real problem right after my first post yesterday so it was easy for you to miss. I copied the post I wrote about the problem I am having:**

Thank you so much, crinrict, for this thread. You are a true tech god and a kind person to take your own time to do this. I'm new to the Forums, too. Never had any real problems in the past two years.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? No Mods; only Newseas hair but removed
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? Did them back to back this morning.
    3. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.63
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? N/A issue happens before selecting a game.
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? Couldn't get that far.
    6. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom? NA. Couldn't get that far.
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Win 7, 4MB RAM
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Download on all but the base game. Fought that for months with support and finally had to use a DVD for that one.
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? N/A
    10. I own all EPs, all but Katy Perry SPs, and almost all the store except the child/toddler stuff.

This may be a technical question. I don't know. But my game worked perfectly until I did the update and the new game this morning:

Saved everything to my update folder and installed the patch. Then, after arm wrestling EA/Origin to get my game (that's another story), installed Into the Future.

Tried to play but got stuck at Main Menu with a spinning circle around EA and no way out but go to Task Manager and end it, that was three times. Options and the cheat line weren't working.

Waited a while, went back in and got to Main Menu again. Spinning had stopped but it was requiring me to login, which I usually don't. Then it said my login was invalid over and over.

Waited again. Loaded my saved files back into the game with store content and no CC hair. I was trying to download some of my sets and the game kept starting itself. I stopped downloading and just opened the launcher and it started the game again without me initiating game play. Never touched the Start arrow in all these times. Did this three more times on its own. Would love to get in and try the new game. Do you think that it's possessed??? :twisted:

OK, I got into the game finally and realize that this EP takes a lot more than 4 MB RAM. I need to add the other 4MB so I have 8MB. People have told you about how slow the whole thing is so that's not new. No problem with my saved game or getting to the future. Haven't come back yet. The future is pretty smooth.

Problem now is the same one so many others have mentioned and that's clicking on a sim for any interaction. It comes but you have to wait a whole lot longer and sometimes click more than once to get the menu around the sim. I understand that is on your list.

The other thing is that Build/Buy mode is not as smooth as it used to be. Sometimes, particularly with kitchen items, you can get stuck holding a counter for a while until the hand lets go. That seems to happen more with high end stoves than anything else but stoves are not the only thing. Things just get stuck in that hand and you have to click ESC a lot of times then wait -- I usually have to walk away it takes so long -- for the hand to let go.

I still think it's possessed. And I still think you are GREAT!!
  • DweiathecatDweiathecat Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). No. Only store content.
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? Fully patched. 1.63(?)
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Eh... New sim in old edited town file?
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA SV
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 8
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Future world

My sim met a guy in Normal OL and convinced him to marry her in about an hour or two. No issues there. But then when they got married he didn't move in. They are still married but he is still a nps. :( I'm going to add him to the household via mc now.
    3j2i.jpg
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2013
    Edith post below
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). Plain Vanilla
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 8
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Future world and home world

The game laggs very badly after playing for a while, and i have problems With invisible sims. It can be my sim, or other sims that interact With my sim.

I have no moods installed, but I am going to intstall errortrap now to see if the lagging gets any better

• RedheadturkRedheadturk Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    After installing patch 1.63 I can no longer select the switch for custom clothing. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? It's very annoying, especially when I purchased Dragon Valley and want to play some of my custom sims there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top