Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    Ezuu123Ezuu123 Posts: 79 Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @Ezuu123:

1. Are you sure you don't have masterController in ? Did you never have mods or take them out ?
    2. I'll add
    Well, after I posted I remembered that I had overwatch but completely forgot to update, sorry :(
    Tested it without it and looks like the problem is gone.
    I can say that the meteor thing is a bug because it keeps happening without mods. Also tried with a backup save from when the expansion wasn't even released and there is still meteors falling on normal oasis landing.
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). NO Mods or CC just store stuff
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? I have the expansion pack ITF
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? Current Patch
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? exisiting game
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Old save but a new Bot
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Sunset valley
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 8 (not 8.1)
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD Version
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? home world but have had trouble in future world

My Plumbot has invisible items in his inventory he could access them but now it says they aren't there but they are but can only use them if I click on the Sim not the inventory :(

when my sims went back in time their inventories were empty so I exited without saving and went back into game sent them into the future and their inventory was there :)

I am also annoyed how sims keep removing their jetpack and putting it back on very annoying :(
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    sunnshynnesunnshynne Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2013
    My sims keep getting stuck inspecting the portal. I will have to reset them because the action wont cancel, Emit never shows up. I have updated and removed all mods and cc then tried factory reset several times with different saves but nothing seems to work.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). No costum content atm
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? Both
    3. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.63
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? New Game
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? Pre-Made
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom? Sunset Valley
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Windows 7 Vista
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Download Version
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? Home World
  • Options
    n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @n00biityo:

- Not sure. The diplomas have been working less and less over the past EPs. They haven't bothered to make new icons since forever. Do you get diplomas for every other skill ?
    - Mail: But you didn't get any stuck omni plants or bills ?

UPDATED THROUGH HERE

Nope, nothing was stuck and I made it a habit since the University EP to check the mail before travelling. I also always save before doing any kind of moving whether it be in the home world or going to a "connected" world such as the campus or Oasis Landing.

Another strange thing is the robot register. I was troubleshooting as I mentioned but instead of finding the mod that was causing the problem, the register started working again from its own accord. I eventually narrowed it down to a specific folder so I took it out but when I started doing the 50/50 procedure I ended up putting all the mods back and the register is still working. :-s
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited October 2013
    Plumbots loose their trait chips on reset and several other occasions.
    Further information here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/721301.page
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited October 2013
    I fixed the thumbnail problem in CAS and the Sims are now displaying correctly. Also there's another issue that isn't fixed in 1.63: Almost every 2:30 PM in Sims University, I keep getting everyday party invites, an issue that has been present since The Sims 3 University Life and it's even reported on that game's bug thread. I should have noted that my save file was originally created in The Sims 3 University Life before The Sims 3 Island Paradise was released.

Just like the issues thesecondbatgirl ecountered, I also had this bug. I sent 2 Sims (Urblake Miller and Jennifer Couture) to University and I had an issue where I couldn't click on Urblake while Jennifer still allowed me to click on her. Saving and then reloading allowed me to click on Urblake.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    EkoponnyEkoponny Posts: 22
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@Ekoponny:

Probably the existing family tree corruption issue. Does this only happen with families in your existing game or did you try a new one to see if it's reproducible ?

I haven't tried a new one so I don't know if it is. I did try again with the same family after replacing the save file with a backup (although after doing this the descendants from the previous save was still in Oasis Landing but was not recognized as descendants despite the game creating new ones. Don't know what is up with that.) and this time the tree stayed intact.

I'm going to try a different save and family today and see what happens.

I have never encountered this bug before whilst traveling, but I'm definitely taking precautions from now on. Note to self: multiple saves are good.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So I have just read through all the reported bugs but I couldn't find anything about a bug concerning severe lag in general (not just Isla Paradiso).
    While I wait for awesomemod to be updated I play a new world and a new save but I face a lag like never before. It takes over 12 Sim-hours for an action that usually would take just about 10 Sim-minutes and this lag is permanent!
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    jessikarabbitjessikarabbit Posts: 52 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hello, I was wondering are the alien offspring are supposed to have decendants?
  • Options
    thesolaristthesolarist Posts: 15 Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? No.
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? Both.
    3. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.63.5024017
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? Yes, a new game.
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? New Sims.
    6. What town are you currently playing? Isla Paradiso.
    7. What is your Operating System? Win 8.1
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Download.
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? Future World.

Thank you for your reply, Crinrict.

I have tried to replace the tubes and this doesn't help. Sometimes the Sims can go down in the tube elevator but not up and sometimes this is the other way around. The Sim pile-up doesn't help. I have to keep entering 'moveobjects on' and move the Sims out of the tube because they are stuck. Also, as far as I can see, my Sims have no problems using normal elevators.

Laura.
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @DCExplorer: So you're saying you re-applied your graphic card changes and now it works again ? If so, yes, they need to be re-appied with every patch, especially if you use the super patch.

Yes, that is correct. I didn't use the superpatch, but it appears the graphics rules file was updated with the patch. Sorry to have bothered you, as now I know it's not a bug as I originally suspected. I would have deleted my post, but thought it might help others complaining of lag.
  • Options
    damienrocks3214damienrocks3214 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited October 2013
    hey im having a bug where i cant see my family tree(it doesnt pop up when i click it). it only pops up when i click a certain person and shes an elder and going to die soon. when i go through my family tree with her all the people are glitched and of center and they dont have the connections with the other people. ive read about thid glitch with people having it when vacationing in world adventures worlds and im just wondering is the future considered a vaction world and is this glitch recognized and will it be fixed.
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict: Please change what you wrote, on the first page, - Moving Plumbots to the bin and back makes them loose trait chips (amjoie) to "splitting a bot out of a family will cause trait chips to disappear or get replaced" because simply binning the bot won't make that happen. However, binned or not binned, just splitting the bot out of the family will cause trait chips to disappear.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    crinrict: Please change what you wrote, on the first page, - Moving Plumbots to the bin and back makes them loose trait chips (amjoie) to "splitting a bot out of a family will cause trait chips to disappear or get replaced" because simply binning the bot won't make that happen. However, binned or not binned, just splitting the bot out of the family will cause trait chips to disappear.
    And simply resetting also.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi!

I'm having an issue in Edit Town. I'm unable to split my household. Once I move a Sim to the clipboard, they immediately disappear and I'm unable to place them into a new home. Once I resume gameplay, there are no Sims in the portrait panel on the left side of the GUI. I have removed all of my Mods and am playing a vanilla game (for now).

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). No mods.
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Both ITF and the latest patch.
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63.5
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? I'm playing an existing game in Midnight Hollow.
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing Sim household (Specter family).
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA, Midnight Hollow.
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7.
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD, but Origin required me to uninstall it and download/install the digital version before ITF.
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Problem exists in Home-World.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    fleshapplefleshapple Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2013
    FUTURE TOWN (Oasis Landing) little bug
    Brief report: My sims are popping out of *dream pods only.* Beds in same home are fine. resetSim has no effect. Active households in the future cannot be changed, buldozed or evicted, so I have not tried this method.
    After searching the forums, I seem to be alone in this. Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Questions:
    1.Mods: not currently, per vanilla request.
    2. Future+Patch
    3. 1.63.4.024001
    4.existing game (riverview family)
    5.Existing Sim family
    6.EA- Riverview---Oasis Landing
    7.Win 7
    8.Download
    9. FUTURE WORLD.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm not sure if you are interested in visual glitches in programming, but just in case, I found this. It happens routinely, not just once, with this bot and child. Not a game killer, certainly, but it is ugly.

graphicalglitch_zps547c03ca.jpg
  • Options
    AsaiaAsaia Posts: 29 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Bug Category: Wishes, LTR, LTW
    Problem: None of the ITF lifetime wishes (High Tech Collector, More than a Machine, Made the Most of my Time) are showing up as options. Cannot select them when a sim ages up and is prompted to choose a wish - cannot select them when using the change lifetime wish purchase (via lifetime happiness). Have tested it with a vanilla game (no saves, mods, store content), new save (Sunset Valley), in both home world and Oasis Landing, with multiple sims.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? NOPE (removed them to test)
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? BOTH
    3. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.63.5
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? NEW GAME
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? PRE-MADE
    6. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom? EA (SUNSET VALLEY)
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? VISTA
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? HOME & FUTURE

EPs: WA, AMB, LN, GEN, PETS, SEAS, UNI, IP, ITF
    Stuff: Master Suite
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    RAM: 8.00 GB
    System: Vista 64-bit
    Premium Content: Titanic Toy Machine, Savvy Sellers, Milkin' It, Surf's Up. Business Time, Dance Collection, Public Shower, Wood Fire Oven, Teppanyaki Grill, Ice Cream, Deep Fryer, Playpen, Walker, Baby Monitor, Changing Station, Massage Table, Sauna, Outdoor Shower, Baby Swing, Super Sleeper, Wind Chimes, Violin, Archer's Gauntlet, Chicken Coop, Movie Screen, Barrier to Entry, Hot Air Balloon, Harvest Stands, Gardening Station, Sunflower
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited October 2013
    Crin,

I was able to duplicate a few of the bugs you have on the list. I have all EPs and the only SP I don't have is Movie Stuff. I have a lot of store content too. I am not using any mods. My ITF EP is the DVD version

Computer Specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 255 Processor 3.10 GHz
    Memory: 6.0GB DDR3
    OP: Windows 7 64 Bit
    Graphics: Asus HD 6670

Bugs I Experienced or Duplicated:
    - Groups don't use the monorail together
    - Sims keep putting jetpack on and off and on and off
    - Interactions with gnomes & other nameable objects don't work properly
    - PI opportunities still off
    - Only 1 of my 2 performers is recognized and allowed to be sent on tour (my Simport has not allowed any of my performers be sent on tour)
    - It rains at the nuts and bolts emporium (it also rains in the cafeteria too)

Other Glitches I have Experienced:
    If anyone can duplicate these it would be great.

- Having Sim A "propose going steady" with Sim B using a hologram created by the robot does not update them to "Girlfriend/Boyfriend status under partners. It states none in the display. When Sims A returns to the original neighborhood, the relationship cannot progress. (tried in Midnight Hollow)

- Generations Imaginary Friend Issues
    Does not turn live on other properties owned by the household in other neighborhoods. Stays a doll on the household's original lot

If the imaginary friend jumps into the time portal Oasis Landing does not load. You get a loading screen hang up

Imaginary friends do not turn live in Oasis Landing or when the Sim returns home no matter how much they are played with

- Sim gets "Meet a local" wish when arriving to Oasis Landing that cannot be fulfilled

- Unable to get a birthday cake from the food synthesizer or buy mode while in the Oasis landing community center

- Glitch where the UI for Sims is combined. For example, I click on Sim A, it shows the picture of Sim B and the cue and inventory of Sim C. While this occurs, the inventory is not useable

- Increased amount of social jigs in Moonlight Falls and Sunlit Tides

- Sims randomly turn into Simbots in Oasis Landing community center

- Werewolf NPC turned into Simbot instead of werewolf form in Midnight Hollow

- Unable to gift the Sims 4 orb to friends. It says they don't have the game registered when they clearly do.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    crinrict: I just had an "aha" moment. I think the split family bot problem is because bots have no last names. None is ever assigned. But when you split the family, it forces you to type in a last name for the bot. I think maybe that is causing the game to lose track of the previous "no last name" bot, because the game thinks it is a totally different bot.
  • Options
    Simgurl20Simgurl20 Posts: 162 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I've tried this twice with two different plumbots and got the same result.
    I sent my sim into the future and had him make a plumbot, I customized it the way I liked it, and then later sent my sim back into the present. Upon returning to the present, my plumbot was completely different from what I had made it in the future.

Here's what my plumbot looked like when I first made it and customized it in the future
    2ng8ttt.jpg

And here's what my plumbot looked like when it came out of the time portal when I sent him back with my sim into the present
    2rxbndz.jpg
  • Options
    thesolaristthesolarist Posts: 15 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi again!

Just want to say I have fixed my problem. I re-installed the game and it worked perfectly. No glitches, no bugs and no lag. I'm a really happy Simmer!

I recommend to you all, try it. It might work for you.

Laura.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    - It rains at the nuts and bolts emporium

Hi crinrict!

It rains, snows and hails at the Future Lounge as well (I have just tested it out in LL though).
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2013
    @Ezuu123: I've added the meteor bug

@jacqpinks: Was it the transition that bugged the inventory ? I'll add you to the jetpack issue

@sunnshynne: So you did a factory reset, then started a new game and your Sim was stuck ? Did you also try with a new Sim ?

@n00biityo: Could just be a fluke caused by a mod. No guarantees that it won't stop working again.

@Cyron43: Seems we've established it's mods. I'll add your thread to the first page anyways so people can discuss it some more and get help if they have the same issue.

@WinMacSims3: How did yo fix it ?

I'll add the not fixed issue and add you to the unclickable Sim one.

@Ekoponny: Multiple saves are essential :)

@Cyron43: Lags are nothing new. I have a few suggestions about it and added some new suggestions. Anything beyond that needs to be posted in technical. It's a very individual issue.

@jessikarabbit: I don't know. Maybe someone else can answer that.

@thesolarist: Good to hear that it's solved

@DCExplorer: Good thinking :)

@damienrocks3214: ITF is re-using the same system yes. The bug has to do with the way relationships are saved in this game which leads to easy corruption. Using Overwatch to clean up the broken tree is the only solution I can offer you.

@amjoie: I did and will add the new info you found

@Nik24X7: Check if you have the same issue in a new game. If not, it's probably savegame corruption.

@fleshapple: I assume you've also tried replacing the dream pods ? Is your Sim married ? Are those 'double dream pods ? Is the Sims alone in the future ?

@amjoie: That must hurt. I'll add

@Asaia: Usually caused by a noMemories mod. Did you also delete your cache files or try a complete factory reset ?

@SweetieTreats:

- I'll add you to the already reported issues
    - I'll add
    - I'll add the IF troubles
    - Why can't you fulfill it (sorry, don't have it yet) ?
    - Just the community center ? Did you try buying a home to see if that works ?
    - You mean you get a multi select on portraits ? That is an existing issue. Usually solved by restarting the game.
    - Maybe they're just more visible. It's getting worse and worse and yes, I still need to do that post.
    - Active or inactive ? Are you sure they're plumbots and not just wear that plumbut costume ?
    - On full moon or just random ?
    - Are you sure they also have it installed ?

@Simgurl20: Are you using masterController or other mods ?

@Krisha880: I'll add

Sims3plumbobtrennlinie.png

Adding will be done in the morning.

Good Night.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    sage_blosssomsage_blosssom Posts: 110 Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod): No. I play a vanilla game, minus store content of course.
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? ITF
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63.4.024001
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Future, Haven't tested any other worlds

You're able to change the laser play color and idle color of the laser rhythm-a-conin live mode, not in build/buy, if you click it while no one is using it. I changed the colors in my laser-rhythm a con in my sim's future vacation home(not base camp) to white an purple, then sent my musical machine plumbot to play. Then i saved & quit because i had to do something else. When I came back, i found that the colors had reverted to their usual green and orange. I haven't tested this in homeworld or WA world, and I don't have Uni. Thank you for doing this bug thread Crin, it is very helpful to many people :D
    EDIT: clarification
    :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top