The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grim's Ghastly Blog (Perhaps Designer Alan's BEST blog yet!)

Comments

• Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited October 2013
    I LOVE this!!! The interactions and special things you can do there are spectacular; and the build/buy items are great. The sculpture of Grimmie is wonderful. God I love this game and the billions of things you keep making for us to collect. LOVE IT!
  • Options
    H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited October 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    ... And, I too, want to know if we can evict Grimmy and live in this amazing-looking house ourselves!

I'm wondering this too. I suspect the door and mat are a tied object, meaning you have to place both. I would imagine Grim only shows up if you actually select one of the options on the door that summon him, I don't think he will autonomously come to the door. I'm hoping that the Grim statues in the archway to either side of the door are a separate item so that we can use the door and mat in a more general setting as well. I'm also assuming that if you replace Grim's door with a standard one you could change it to a normal dwelling if placed on a regular lot. Of course I could be TOTALLY wrong but I guess we only have a few more hours before we find out.

I'm looking forward to seeing the breakdown of the actual items. Seriously loving those roof pieces. This will fit in with Midnight Hollow nicely once the green foliage has been tamed down.

Edit: Actually, that front gate with the gargoyle is SUPER awesome :)
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited October 2013
    Halle_M wrote:
    Pary wrote:
    I LOL'd at the "pink lamb sheets" bit.

Hey, not even Grim is immune to great deals on sheets at 'Bed, Bath and the Great Beyond'... :wink:

Halle, that was awesome! Ahh-ha-ha! Rolling. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LindsaySue2LindsaySue2 Posts: 121 Member
    edited October 2013
    OMG I can't contain myself!!! I love this and will have this!!!
  • Options
    LindsaySue2LindsaySue2 Posts: 121 Member
    edited October 2013
    Epiiiiiiiiiiiiiic!

tumblr_mrmp8c6dfj1snw5l3o1_500.gif

THIS! I love Tenacious D
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited October 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    O-o-o-oh Em-m-m-m Ge-e-e-e!

applause.gif

This! :lol:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    SimGuruCopeland said:
    On your next full moon zombies may spawn on the lot, but the Door attracts them like a bug catcher, Emmie pulls them down to her watery abyss and spits them out when they stop acting all zombified.

Thank you, thank you! This is brilliant!

What a great feature! I hope she has an equal dislike for the paparazzi :mrgreen:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    SimMommy05 wrote:
    Bafendo wrote:
    I'm curious about the pregnancy thing... Will males actually become pregnant or will it just be the same thing that happens when they host an Alien baby?

SGCopeland said in the blog that males would have unexplained weight gain, so I'm assuming it will work just like male alien pregnancies. I love it. Now my sim daddies can share in having the kiddos without having to try so hard to get abducted.

This! :)
    Hello Stephanie :)
    I thought perhaps I was alone in my love of alien abductions! I always peer through the telescope and collect space rocks to attract an alien in the hope of an abduction for my male simmies :lol:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2013
    EPIC is right!!!! Totally AWESOME!!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited October 2013
    Halle_M wrote:
    Pary wrote:
    I LOL'd at the "pink lamb sheets" bit.
    Hey, not even Grim is immune to great deals on sheets at 'Bed, Bath and the Great Beyond'... :wink:
    a055.gifa055.gifa055.gifa055.gif
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    edited October 2013
    So if they can come back reincarnated as a different breed such as a cat or whatever, can a cat come back as a person?! Because that would be awesome! In sims Makin Magic I had my sim use the spell to change her cat into a human and then she "married" him... hehe would like to relive that story
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    If any simmers are looking for a festival lot for Midnight Hollow, here is one that I have created: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/719127.page :)
    I could not get SimGuruSmitty's lot to work :( It has been tested and it works perfectly! I hope you like it :)

screenshot_original.jpg
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    rjhenn14 wrote:
    So if they can come back reincarnated as a different breed such as a cat or whatever, can a cat come back as a person?! Because that would be awesome! In sims Makin Magic I had my sim use the spell to change her cat into a human and then she "married" him... hehe would like to relive that story

Great idea! What a 'Princess and the Frog' storyline that would be :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited October 2013
    The store is on a roll, another original, inventive release.
    I love the fact that EP options are now added to store content.
    SGCopeland great blog :D
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    edited October 2013
    rjhenn14 wrote:

Great idea! What a 'Princess and the Frog' storyline that would be :D

I am really hoping it'll work that way, would be great :D
  • Options
    SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    edited October 2013
    The blog = epic! best I've seen in the history of the sims

The venue = supercalufragilisticexpealidocious! Also best in the history of the sims

The sim gurus rock like grim on his guitar :twisted: :mrgreen:

BTW I already have it (as if, if it was possible, I would). LOL
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited October 2013
    I wonder will the 'Simulate Genetic Merger' pregnancy work like the "Tombstone of Life and Death" cheat for Sims 2?
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited October 2013
    OK, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to say it.

You guys just keep getting better and better! I love that you are now starting to use the elements from expansion packs, can we have more like this! You are also 'opening' up the rabbit holes in the game. I always imagined that Grim lived in the mausoleum - now I won't have to do that!

The whole idea is just fantastic! It has that old 'The Sims' charm to it, but it takes that charm and makes something new from it. I love everything about this venue!!

Excellent job Store team! I imagine that the #StoreAppreciators ( :wink: ) will be loving this too! :D
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited October 2013
    rjhenn14 wrote:

That's awesome! If we can't with this venue, I'm going to have to reinstall the original game this weekend just for that :mrgreen:
  • Options
    acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited October 2013
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

LOVE IT!!

giphy.gif
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited October 2013
    Spooktacular :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I am most excited about the 'Simulate a Genetic Merger' feature - this sounds awesome for my male simmies with commitment issues :D
    I am looking forward o seeing the 'Guitar Duel' - too cool! Grim has got an enchanted flaming bone guitar!! :mrgreen:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited October 2013
    OK, this one I like and can use in my game. Good job! :thumbup:
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2013
    Weealbet wrote:
    OK, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to say it.

You guys just keep getting better and better! I love that you are now starting to use the elements from expansion packs, can we have more like this! You are also 'opening' up the rabbit holes in the game. I always imagined that Grim lived in the mausoleum - now I won't have to do that!

The whole idea is just fantastic! It has that old 'The Sims' charm to it, but it takes that charm and makes something new from it. I love everything about this venue!!

Excellent job Store team! I imagine that the #StoreAppreciators ( :wink: ) will be loving this too! :D

Put me down as a x 2!

I'm just not as eloquent as Weealbet this morning. :oops: :D
  • Options
    PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited October 2013
    I thought I needed more coffee.....
    But this has woken me up!

:D:lol::D