The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grim's Ghastly Blog (Perhaps Designer Alan's BEST blog yet!)

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2013
    Just popping in to say I LOVE THE NEW CONTENT! I took screenshots but it's gone midnight here in the UK so they'll have to wait till morning. But Grim is fab! And this makes the graveyard much more interesting. I really like the new build items, and the little dress is cute!

Night all!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    edited October 2013
    Just popping in to say I LOVE THE NEW CONTENT! I took screenshots but it's gone midnight here in the UK so they'll have to wait till morning. But Grim is fab! And this makes the graveyard much more interesting. I really like the new build items, and the little dress is cute!

Night all!

I know you were not over the moon about the PCI door/mat deal and I'm wondering if the rest of the content/venue is worth the 1700 SP? It's not that I don't value other simmers opinions (I do and I thank anyone who'd like to chime in) but it seems your opinions on items tend to be somewhat similar to mine.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited October 2013
    This looks amazing. Well done! But I am officially done with the "'spooky' content after this.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited October 2013
    At chill yes same sex couples can now get preggo with this venue and also in ITF at the hospital in Oasis Landing.
  • Options
    seadramonseadramon Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited October 2013
    At chill yes same sex couples can now get preggo with this venue and also in ITF at the hospital in Oasis Landing.
    Interesting, good to know. THX Cat
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:

Night all!

I know you were not over the moon about the PCI door/mat deal and I'm wondering if the rest of the content/venue is worth the 1700 SP? It's not that I don't value other simmers opinions (I do and I thank anyone who'd like to chime in) but it seems your opinions on items tend to be somewhat similar to mine.

(Sorry Jcp, this turned into a bit of an essay. :oops: )

I have to say I wasn't sure how much use I'd get out of the door pc. I kind-of liked the idea in theory, but since my sims rarely ever die it seemed a bit... ummm... unneeded in my game. What attracted me was the stuff that comes with it. I love the gothic architectural style and the roof pieces will be especially useful to me. I'm a sucker for grotesques too! I was going to go into the garden and take a picture of mine but we cut down a load of vines and their blocking the end of the garden so he's hiding right now. :twisted:

The lot itself is beautiful!

SCREENSHOT SPAM TIME!!!

Screenshot-59-1.jpg"width=700

Screenshot-60-1.jpg"width=700

Screenshot-63-1.jpg"width=700

Screenshot-61.jpg"width=700

Screenshot-64-1.jpg"width=700

Screenshot-66.jpg"width=700

Screenshot-67-1.jpg"width=700

There are a couple of issues with the lot. It's a weird size (50 x 25 I think, long and thin) so it's a bit awkward to place. I think it might be the right size for the Sunset Valley graveyard lot if you wanted to replace it though. Which leads me onto issue 2, if you delete the graveyard, you delete the ghosts too. :? Grim's graveyard doesn't come with ghosts (just gravestones) so you'd have to do a it yourself and to be honest, I lost my taste for simicide during TS2. :?

The lot is so beautiful though! And it's actually really interesting to have something new for the graveyard. I'm wondering how I can work the lot into my own world... hmmm... I want to use it but it's just such an awkward size. :? My own graveyard is quite small, but I did build a crypt club underneath the mausoleum (similar to this venue)... hmmmm.... maybe I can put the door in the basement somehow? Grim's Underground Crypt! Yes, I think I'll do that!

I like having the added gameplay for the graveyard lot. I was a bit nervous about meeting Grim but he turned out to be pretty cool! I sent my fortune teller Cassandra Ruse to go and knock on Grim's door. I love the way the doors slam open! It made me jump! :oops: :lol:

Screenshot-69-1.jpg"width=700

Grim was very *cough* friendly:

GRIM.jpg"width=700

So Cassandra flirted with him a bit and asked him on a date! :shock:

grim2.jpg"width=700

I hope he is not talking literally. :shock:

I'd placed the venue in Midnight Hollow across the road from my circus, so it seemed the perfect place for a date! I wanted to see Grim playing some fairground games, it would have amoosed me, but unfortunately he's a busy reaper and vanished as soon as we got there. :cry:

Screenshot-74-1.jpg"width=700

Screenshot-70-1.jpg"width=700

grim3.jpg"width=700

Mmmm... ok. :shock:

So Cassandra seems to be on good terms with Grim. I wanted to meet Emmie so I tried sending Jack Bagels round from my Ghost Adventurers household but Grim appeared to be a fan.

Screenshot-76-1.jpg"width=700

So, yeah, I'm pretty happy to have Grim in my game as long as he keeps being amiable. :D

I like the CAS too! I only had chance to check out the girls stuff because it was getting late. I tried out a few recolours to see how I might make use of it:

I REALLY like this outfit! I love the blouse and the colour channels are good. I think the gloves restrict how much you can modify it though. I wish they'd make another version with the blouse but with a floor length skirt and no gloves because we have hardly any Victorian clothing in the game (and the Victorian clothing isn't very Victorian imao)!!! I also found it can recolour really well to fit in with the Western items from the Movie SP!

Screenshot-78-1.jpg"width=700

Screenshot-81.jpg"width=700

Screenshot-80.jpg"width=700

I like this outfit too, the first is the default colour, the red is my recolour attempt:

Screenshot-82-1.jpg"width=700

Screenshot-83-1.jpg"width=700

It looks sort of military, and also like something a butler or concierge might wear. I like it but I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet.

I don't like this one. :? It has a stencil on the skirt that can't be removed and, to be honest, I don't 'get' it. :?

Screenshot-84-1.jpg"width=700

So, all in all, I'm surprised at how much I like the venue! It's just good fun! And I'm glad I have it in the game. The lot is beautiful, but an odd size. The architectural pieces and coffin are very decorative, useful, and beautiful! The cas is nice. And Grim is just a really cool guy. :twisted:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oh, wow! Thank you for the detailed response Cinderellimouse! (I know it was not all just for my benefit of course! :lol: )

I think I will get this. I'm not sure if I will ever use the PCI but I do love the theme. Sometimes I do force deaths (only in game! :shock: ) though so it might be fun to do at a time. The pictures really sell this though.

I was thinking about the future worlds and trying to keep enough for two of them, but then I realized that one of them will likely be sold in retail (conjecture only nothing said or rumored on that) so I'd have to get additional points for that anyways.

I have really got to start saying "no" at some point though. But better to spend it on this than on things that cost just as much and do a body harm. :-)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited October 2013
    @Cinderellimouse Thank you so much for your post. You take wonderful pictures. I love all the clothes you showed and I am glad not everyone dies when they decided to risk meeting the reaper :shock: That didn't sound right :wink:

Maybe I will buy this today...I may still need some more reviews first. :roll:

Thanks again for sharing!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Sometimes I do force deaths (only in game! :shock: ) though so it might be fun to do at a time.

Gasps! I'd never have suspected it was YOU! :shock:

(Sorry, I was reading Poirot today. :oops: )
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    I have really got to start saying "no" at some point though. But better to spend it on this than on things that cost just as much and do a body harm. :-)

*Nods* Like murphy beds and jelly beans, yeah I understand. :D

Glad my waffle and picture spam helped you!
    You take wonderful pictures.

Aww, thank you! It helps when I have something beautiful to aim at! :D
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for your detailed insight and pictures Cinderellimouse! :wink:
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited October 2013
    Here are some images of my sim Kirby meeting Grim :)

screenshot_original.jpg

Guitar duel :)

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Pit Monster ate a Paparazzi sim :)

screenshot_original.jpg
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I don't like this one. :? It has a stencil on the skirt that can't be removed and, to be honest, I don't 'get' it. :?

Screenshot-84-1.jpg"width=700

Hello Cinderellimouse :)
    I love this outfit. I think it is gorgeous and very elegant :lol: It just goes to show how very different in our tastes we simmers can be :)
    Here is a re-colour I have done for my sim Kirby :) Instead of using fabric for the top I have used black lace :)

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Here are some images of an elderly male sim being reincarnated :) I have edited Grim's Ghastly Manor with Midnight Hollow plants, flowers and trees to suit this world :)

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited October 2013
    Awesome Pictures Kate and Cinder.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Awesome Pictures Kate and Cinder.

Thank you Cat :) I loved your pictures too :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    oh yes love the pictures all, so many people take such great screen shots it almost always amazing me or sells me on the content if I'm on the fence. :lol:

@ Kateoverend, I love that particular dress a lot as well, and love what you did with the lacing on it. I an thrilled we have such customizable features to make what's already a good thing even better and more suited to individual tastes.
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited October 2013
    My male sim had a baby and I aged her up to see what she'll look like.
    And it's disappointing, she grew up looking nothing like her parents at all. But a vanilla/pudding sim. :roll:

The "simulate genetic merger" obviously doesn't work like a regular pregnancy of a female. :roll:

Parents:
    14o206g.jpg
    ul9wm.jpg

Child:
    eg3iad.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    oh yes love the pictures all, so many people take such great screen shots it almost always amazing me or sells me on the content if I'm on the fence. :lol:

@ Kateoverend, I love that particular dress a lot as well, and love what you did with the lacing on it. I an thrilled we have such customizable features to make what's already a good thing even better and more suited to individual tastes.

Thank you jcp011c2 :) It really is a beautiful dress :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,152 Member
    edited October 2013
    I am with Amj, that is so disappointing! Why would I play with this feature if the result is always same old townie clone-face?! I want Store team to change it so that the baby is actually a mix of genes, not a clone of the random townies. Sorry to rant, but this is how I feel and I was looking forward for this exact feature :?.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited October 2013
    Jadeleine wrote:
    I am with Amj, that is so disappointing! Why would I play with this feature if the result is always same old townie clone-face?! I want Store team to change it so that the baby is actually a mix of genes, not a clone of the random townies. Sorry to rant, but this is how I feel and I was looking forward for this exact feature :?.

Yeah, so was I. :( I especially wanted the genetic merger feature, but, like I said in Amj's other thread, there is really no merger at all, nor is it genetic, but more of a "generic spawn." It's misleading. It wouldn't be any different than if my Sims had just adopted a baby. I'll hold off on this one then.
  • Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited October 2013
    So, in essence we have this:
    - Reincarnation destroys the original Sim and replaces it with a generic spawn that has no relation to the original and loses all relationship points the original may have had.
    - Genetic Merger pretends to offer all Sims from a neighbourhood as donors of genetic material (except for vampires, which have been forgotten, I guess) but produces a generic spawn that isn't even the genetic offspring of the mother.
    - The Door Reaper lacks the walkstyle and special effects of the original Reaper and is just another generic service Sim in a Reaper costume
    -The size of the venue is such that it hardly fits in any existing lot slot and simply replacing an existing graveyard with this one will lead to game corruption

I have to say that hardly have I been more disappointed in a purchase than this one.
  • Options
    NavazzahNavazzah Posts: 156 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Snapdragon wrote:
    So, in essence we have this:
    - Reincarnation destroys the original Sim and replaces it with a generic spawn that has no relation to the original and loses all relationship points the original may have had.
    - Genetic Merger pretends to offer all Sims from a neighbourhood as donors of genetic material (except for vampires, which have been forgotten, I guess) but produces a generic spawn that isn't even the genetic offspring of the mother.
    - The Door Reaper lacks the walkstyle and special effects of the original Reaper and is just another generic service Sim in a Reaper costume
    -The size of the venue is such that it hardly fits in any existing lot slot and simply replacing an existing graveyard with this one will lead to game corruption

I have to say that hardly have I been more disappointed in a purchase than this one.

I am so incredibly glad that I didn't purchase this venue right away and now I am not going to. There is no reason because there is so many things wrong in it. The reincarnation and the genetic merger were the two things that got me interested and it is truly disappointing that they do not work as they really should work. So, thank you but no thank you. :(
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Pit Monster ate a Paparazzi sim :)

screenshot_original.jpg

Mwa ha ha ha haaaaaaa!

Great pictures Kate! :D
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm not sure what I want to do...

the pregnancy element of the pc item I would never use... I use a mod and imagen they went tot the hospital... I would use that part if it worked ... and mixed the genes

the talk with death... I might do... some sims

I love the items in this set
    I like to see more of them in recolor

I could imagen me editing the grave yard in HS to have an hidden crypt under ground where grimy could come out....

this is not an easy choice
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Beau Merrick goes up against Grim...

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Grim plays a pretty mean guitar...

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

But in the end victory belongs to Beau :)

Introductions are in order...

screenshot_original.jpg

Beau decides he has a thirst for blood... Poor Grim.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Emmie feasts on yet another poor member of the paparazzi :(

screenshot_original.jpg

I have begun gifting death flowers to random townies as I fear at this rate, given Emmies voracious appetite there shall be no sims left in Midnight Hollow :lol:

rnKEhBT.png